Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,184 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:45 PM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (225) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (877632 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kinadEki: 3:50pm On May 16, 2016
Hy doc. After taking postinor 1 twice in Feb. My period hasn't come till nw though I've spotted twice dis month. PS can I use provera tab to regularise my period?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 5:09am On May 17, 2016
kinadEki:
Hy doc. After taking postinor 1 twice in Feb. My period hasn't come till nw though I've spotted twice dis month. PS can I use provera tab to regularise my period?

Madam.

You are not advice to the use of any medication until being told by a doctor.The fact that the drug is sometimes used for amenorrheoic condition doesn't mean you should use it without prescription.

What have you done so far to know the cause to your problems?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kinadEki: 9:11am On May 17, 2016
LuckyG1:

Madam.

You are not advice to the use of any medication until being told by a doctor.The fact that the drug is sometimes used for amenorrheoic condition doesn't mean you should use it without prescription.

What have you done so far to know the cause to your problems?
haven't done anything yet doc. Just watching to see if it will come on its own!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by anthney87: 12:13pm On May 17, 2016
nelszx:

Let me take the first as null and void cos time factor has annulled that. Ok I'd advise u do another, stay off sex, alcohol and smoking for 3 days den repeat it. Like I said initially be there 1hr post production.

When I say Big head it's like putting a LED tv as substitute for human head it will slow down its movement. A normal sperm doesn't have big head, other abnormalities are double head, double tail, pin head etc.

If you an alcoholic or u smoke stop it for now (forever) den repeat the test. You may wish to know y I said u should stop, both substances affect spermatogenesis and you may wish to steer clear of dem.

On repeating the test, whatever you get is what it is and pls don't lie about time of production.
tanks bro.
tho I don't drink nd smoke.
I will try do anoda. any help on how to boost my sperm quality?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 1:34pm On May 17, 2016
kinadEki:
haven't done anything yet doc. Just watching to see if it will come on its own!

A little watch may either be helpful or harmful.However,this little watch is accepted by me being that some itch of this sort does resolve themselve.

Being on a safer side in concomittant to the watching,you are also advice to do;

1)blood count or red cell count(on Anaemia)

2)Reproductive hormone profiling(as regarding changes with your hormone distribution pertaining to reproduction)

3)Pelvic USS(to ascertain the integrity of your the linings of your womb and adnexa)
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kinadEki: 3:26pm On May 18, 2016
LuckyG1:

A little watch may either be helpful or harmful.However,this little watch is accepted by me being that some itch of this sort does resolve themselve.

Being on a safer side in concomittant to the watching,you are also advice to do;

1)blood count or red cell count(on Anaemia)

2)Reproductive hormone profiling(as regarding changes with your hormone distribution pertaining to reproduction)

3)Pelvic USS(to ascertain the integrity of your the linings of your womb and adnexa)
I don't feel any itch doc.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 9:38pm On May 18, 2016
kinadEki:

What i mean by itch,isn't really itching but i mean ''problem''
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by tchiwinnie: 9:58pm On May 18, 2016
kinadEki:
Pls ignore. Postinor 2 s an emergency contraceptive and shldnt b taken often. U shld look for other forms of contraceptive. In the meantime, just gv it time as u plan to. Ur body will most likely correct it. Best wishes
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 4:51pm On May 19, 2016
Please help me ooooiiiii.....this is what my scan result says, left adnexum harbors a cystic mass 23*26mm, RT is free...

And I have pains in my left abdomen....

Is it a surgical case.....I'm so scared....I need answers...thank you...

I'm too young for this issue...will it affect my fertility?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by divalishis: 4:13am On May 23, 2016
Hello doctor,

I am currently breatfeeding but I am tempted to stop due to the fact that my nipples are very painful. It wasn't that way in the beginning, just something that developed recently.

When I am feeding my baby, a stabbing pain shoots through my breast and back. Even when I'm done breastfeeding it continues.

Please assist. thank you.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 10:35am On May 23, 2016
divalishis:
Hello doctor,

I am currently breatfeeding but I am tempted to stop due to the fact that my nipples are very painful. It wasn't that way in the beginning, just something that developed recently.

When I am feeding my baby, a stabbing pain shoots through my breast and back. Even when I'm done breastfeeding it continues.

Please assist. thank you.
cc zaynie,onegai,DrAda.tchiwinne
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by prettyaura: 2:49pm On May 23, 2016
Hello house, i have been using dermaliss lotion for 2weeks now...only for me to notice this morning that my face has started peeling...thing sking peeling off...pls wat can i do about it? should i continue using it or there is a cream or oil that can stop the peeling?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by oluwawunmi(f): 6:34pm On May 23, 2016
Doctor, please help me wit dis scan Non gravid anteverted bulky uterus is seen mixed echogenic mass 4.1cm x 4 .5cm A degenerative intra mural leiomyoma fibroid. Normal thickess of endometrial plate is seen
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Sixtustony(m): 11:57pm On May 23, 2016
You are doing a nice job sir
I have a friend, she complain of not having feelings for any man or urge for sex, it turns up and off. she is worried, what could be the problem and remedy?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kikiposhbabe(f): 9:11am On May 24, 2016
Hi Doctor pls my frend needs help she ve been having whitish discharge and itching for 3years and it not going she have tried different antibiotic drug no change , can this kind of thing cause infertility and what kind of drug. Can she use to. Cure the infection
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Helens101: 5:08pm On May 25, 2016
pls doc,I be been trying to get pregnant but I observe that I don't see any stretchy discharge except the creamy discharge even after using bromergon
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Helens101: 5:10pm On May 25, 2016
pls doc I need help as to how to get the stretchy cm back
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Floyd45(m): 7:05pm On May 25, 2016
LuckyG1:

What i mean by itch,isn't really itching but i mean ''problem''

Good evening, please how can i contact you? I want to make some enquires concerning frequent urination
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Ayauche(f): 7:30am On May 26, 2016
Helens101:
pls doc,I be been trying to get pregnant but I observe that I don't see any stretchy discharge except the creamy discharge even after using bromergon

U can also ask ur question in TTC thread, mamas there can help u since u are trying to get pregnant.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kikiposhbabe(f): 11:21am On May 26, 2016
Doctor u didn't answer my question
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Issfat: 11:55am On May 26, 2016
Good day doctors in the house, thank u for d great work. a friend of mine was on bromergon did her menstrual period on Feb 10, fell ill on 26th of feb after series of test, blood test for pregnancy says positive but urine remains negative. a week after she went to another lab, blood test is positive and urine remains negative. After a month she went for scan but scan sees nothing that was early April, in mid April she repeated same test in different lab again blood still positive and urine remains negative . Early May she went for scan again same result says both ovaries appears normal in size and structure. both adnexa appears free. pod is empty, no free pelvic collection, no fibroid, no cysts, no crisis or retained products of conception sighted. What can she do ? because she has stopped d bromergon since February ending. is she really pregnant?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Bograd83(f): 12:30pm On May 26, 2016
Good a.m to Doc in d house. Pls, how many month does it take period to regulate after giving birth. I did exclusive breastfeed. Tnx 4 ur response
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by angiemartinez(f): 7:14am On Jun 03, 2016
Good morning doc in the house, pls i have some questions thats bothering me. Firstly my menses is regular, but it doesnt dry up quickly. Water will start droping frm day 4 to like day 9. Is this normal?
Secondly i notice of recent whenever i urinate after sex with dh it foams, am i @ risk of anything?
Thanks alot
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by bukkylove(f): 9:41am On Jun 05, 2016
please gyneacologist in the house.... I have been trying to concieve for 6 months. i did pelvic scan and the result goes thus. Fairlu bulky anteverted uterus with heterogeneous myometrial echopattern. it measure 71x43x66mm (LXAPXT) diameter respectively. the right and left ovaries are scarcely seen. the right and left adenexes are free. the sonographic echoes emitting from the outline of the fallopian tube is not well defined indicating bilateral spasm of the fallopian tube. CONCLUSION: 1 Fairly Bulky uterus. 2 Bi-Lateral spasm of the fallopian tube. please i need to know what this is and what to do.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by rinwalex: 9:17pm On Jun 07, 2016
Good evening Docs in the house. I am 22weeks pregnant, and my current PCV is 22. Please what can I do to increase it? I know this is very low. Please help!!!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Joygalore(f): 11:01pm On Jun 07, 2016
Take prenatal drugs
rinwalex:
Good evening Docs in the house. I am 22weeks pregnant, and my current PCV is 22. Please what can I do to increase it? I know this is very low. Please help!!!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Joygalore(f): 11:10pm On Jun 07, 2016
You don't just use antibiotics.

She should do a test called HVS mcs
kikiposhbabe:
Hi Doctor pls my frend needs help she ve been having whitish discharge and itching for 3years and it not going she have tried different antibiotic drug no change , can this kind of thing cause infertility and what kind of drug. Can she use to. Cure the infection
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Joygalore(f): 11:12pm On Jun 07, 2016
Non gravid means you ain't pregnant.

Bulky uterus means adenomyosis but I guess in your case you have uterine fibroid and your fibroid is located on the wall of your uterus
oluwawunmi:
Doctor, please help me wit dis scan Non gravid anteverted bulky uterus is seen mixed echogenic mass 4.1cm x 4 .5cm A degenerative intra mural leiomyoma fibroid. Normal thickess of endometrial plate is seen
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Issfat: 8:23am On Jun 08, 2016
Good day doctors in the house, thank u for d great work. a friend of mine was on bromergon did her menstrual period on Feb 10, fell ill on 26th of feb after series of test, blood test for pregnancy says positive but urine remains negative. a week after she went to another lab, blood test is positive and urine remains negative. After a month she went for scan but scan sees nothing that was early April, in mid April she repeated same test in different lab again blood still positive and urine remains negative . Early May she went for scan again same result says both ovaries appears normal in size and structure. both adnexa appears free. pod is empty, no free pelvic collection, no fibroid, no cysts, no crisis or retained products of conception sighted. What can she do ? because she has stopped d bromergon since February ending. is she really pregnant?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Malizzy(f): 5:38pm On Jun 08, 2016
My God is a miracle God
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Blessedmum(f): 5:58pm On Jun 08, 2016
rinwalex:
Am not a doctor bt a pregnant woman like u, make sure u eat a lot of fruits and vegetables, u can also mix ugwu with milk, eat a lot of titus fish and u can include a boiled egg per day in ur meal. Wish u d best.

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by TheArchangel(f): 6:35pm On Jun 08, 2016
Malizzy:
Good day to doctors in the house pls kindly interpret my scan result for me ,am 31wks and am worried.
Placenta: lowly inserted posterior placenta at the level of internal os.no retro placenta clot sighted.

Fetus: oblique lie presentation
weight:1.5kg
Ass: grade 11 posterior previa.

I hope you are attending an antenatal clinic dear?
Placeta previa is a delicate abnormality whereby the placenta is lying low in the womb.

This often leads to bleeding as there is no strong muscles there to constrict the bleeding vessels. This bleeding is often painless and will start when the lower uterine segment ( womb) start stretching at the last lap of the last trimester. It can start anytime though but more prevalent in the 8-9month of the pregnancy.
You should ensure you have someone within call range or with you at all times in case of emergency.
You should decrease activity to avoid bleeding and intercourse should be avoided.

There is the risk of recurrence. Notify your obstetrician caring for your pregnancy about this history of placenta previa in subsequent pregnancies.

Maintain intake of iron and folate to serve as a safety margin in the event of bleeding.
CS is your safest option as there is an associated fetal malposition and malpresentation..
I don't mean to scare you dear, take care.

(1) (2) (3) ... (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.