Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,886 members, 7,817,612 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:29 PM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (257) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (879036 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 9:21pm On Jun 02, 2018
jojomario:
PLS DOCTOR, I GOT THIS AS MY SFA RESULT. I need the analysis and observations. Thanks.

Hypoviscosity Macroscopic : Normal

Volume :4ml PH : 8.0

MICROSCOPY

pus cell {seen} Epithelial cell: {++} SENSITIVE DRUGS

Others :nill *NITROFURANTON +++
*AUGMENTING ++
*TRTRACYCLINE +++
MOTILITY
Active :20%
Sluggish :30%
Dead :50%

COUNT : 18 million[Reference 40 million -300 million ]

IMPRESSION : OLIGOSPERMIA SEEN [ LOW SPERM COUNT]

NOTE: GROWTH STAPHYLOCOCCUS SEEN AFTER 2HRS OF INCUBATION .

Do another SFA, this one does not look credence for me.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by jojomario(m): 6:30pm On Jun 03, 2018
2Ballz:

Do another SFA, this one does not look credence for me.
ok sir
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by temmie20(f): 8:00pm On Jun 03, 2018
[quote author=2Ballz post=68124390]

A brownish discharge turning dark is as a result of a slow littering of the shedding surface of the uterine lining. When this happens, your spotting gets darker than expected. I am of hope that the discharge will stop before or after the spotting has ceased. You may have to suffer some discomfort as you watch over this.
If it last beyond 3-4 from now come to me ....

It stopped yesterday ,but am confused in d change of d color. what does it means?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 8:07pm On Jun 03, 2018
[quote author=temmie20 post=68149983][/quote]
...slowness to expung the desquamated surface and it fluids...
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by temmie20(f): 8:20pm On Jun 03, 2018
[quote author=2Ballz post=68150186]

...slowness to expung the desquamated surface and it fluids...

[does dat mean its normal period,nothing to worry abt?]
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 6:55am On Jun 04, 2018
temmie20,

Nothing to worry about for the now but if this continue for the next 3 cycles then there should be something between and betwixt.
A spotting period it is,you may or may not observe a period till the when it's due.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Otses(f): 12:02pm On Jun 04, 2018
Good afternoon doctor. I was placed on clomid 50g in my two previous cycles, the first one was hitch free, but I noticed a little swelling on my labia majora on the fourth day of taking it in my second cycle. it was a little painful too. it later went down but not all the way, and stopped being painful.
Now it has swollen again and quite painful when I walk, please could it be as a result of the clomid or something else
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 1:32pm On Jun 04, 2018
Otses:
Good afternoon doctor. I was placed on clomid 50g in my two previous cycles, the first one was hitch free, but I noticed a little swelling on my labia majora on the fourth day of taking it in my second cycle. it was a little painful too. it later went down but not all the way, and stopped being painful.
Now it has swollen again and quite painful when I walk, please could it be as a result of the clomid or something else

Let's talk in private. Charges applicable.

Labia majoris swelling is really not a side effect to using Clomid. It is unclear to know the cause to the swelling until a trace and examination is done provided that the clomid is not linked to it.
But for any case relating to coincidence,we would advice that you put to hold the clomid use within the best of 3-4days. During this time apply a warm compressor as a measure to reduce your pains.

You wrote Labia majora, do you really meant to say the swelling is on both sides? To what extent?

Have you been having dryness down?
Where do you have the pain most,up to the clitoral area or down to vulva posterior commissure?

What other area around your pubic zone seem to have any swelling joining that of the vulva?

Let's talk in private.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Hardeyore: 9:25am On Jun 05, 2018
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Otses(f): 9:53am On Jun 05, 2018
2Ballz:

Let's talk in private. Charges applicable.

Labia majoris swelling is really not a side effect to using Clomid. It is unclear to know the cause to the swelling until a trace and examination is done provided that the clomid is not linked to it.
But for any case relating to coincidence,we would advice that you put to hold the clomid use within the best of 3-4days. During this time apply a warm compressor as a measure to reduce your pains.

You wrote Labia majora, do you really meant to say the swelling is on both sides? To what extent?

Have you been having dryness down?
Where do you have the pain most,up to the clitoral area or down to vulva posterior commissure?

What other area around your pubic zone seem to have any swelling joining that of the vulva?

Let's talk in private.

Okay, thanks a lot. I am presently in the hospital
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Euopal(m): 9:54am On Jun 05, 2018
To stay up-to-date with happenings in Nigeria, get all Major Daily Newspaper Headlines as the News Trend
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by pricelesshoney(f): 3:00pm On Jun 05, 2018
Good afternoon doc
Pls I need help, I had a previous miscarriage , and a stillbirth at 6mths last year, I was also diagnosed with PID before the stillbirth which I treated, early this year my doc started me on another course of antibiotics for me and my partner, right now am 7weeks pregnant and scared ,last week I started seeing some brownish discharge, my doc told me not to worry but I am cos when I do anything strenuous I spot that same brownish kinda blood,I hope it is not a sign that this child will not stay please help��
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Dunsee: 7:01pm On Jun 07, 2018
pls doctor I went for a pelvic scan last week and this is the result and I don't understand it,the doctor prescribed dazel kit,pls what does it means and how can it be treated

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Chili89: 9:00pm On Jun 07, 2018
Hello Doc. @2ballz please I want to go for hormonal profile test when my period comes. However I went to inquire abt the price only to be ask if it's two or three. I just told them LH, FSH and progesterone, hope I'm right?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Chyezy(f): 5:29pm On Jun 08, 2018
Good day doc,pls am a ftm and am 5months gone,I recently started seeing a brownish discharge l went to d hospital and was asked to go for scan which I did.according to scan result evertin seen to b fine..den d doc told mi I just nid enuof rest..I rested for like two days and it stopped.now it has started again...pls what could be the cause of it
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 3:46pm On Jun 10, 2018
Chyezy:
Good day doc,pls am a ftm and am 5months gone,I recently started seeing a brownish discharge l went to d hospital and was asked to go for scan which I did.according to scan result evertin seen to b fine..den d doc told mi I just nid enuof rest..I rested for like two days and it stopped.now it has started again...pls what could be the cause of it

Happy Sunday.

I hope by now you should have sort it out with your Doctor. Causes to having a pinkish- brown vaginal discharge;

1. Fail of the mucus plug
2. irritation of the uterine cervix( normal or abnormal)
3. a sign of ectopic pregnancy
4.infection
5.miscarriage ( missed)
6.implantation bleeding
7. place of placenta on or close to the cervix
8. Sex

You have to seek help should this bleeding is coming with other symptoms, ensure to stay off sex for the now too. Remain fluided and on your vitamins.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 3:47pm On Jun 10, 2018
Chili89:
Hello Doc. @2ballz please I want to go for hormonal profile test when my period comes. However I went to inquire abt the price only to be ask if it's two or three. I just told them LH, FSH and progesterone, hope I'm right?

All required are the named ones above and Estrogen and prolactin in addition.

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 3:55pm On Jun 10, 2018
Dunsee:
pls doctor I went for a pelvic scan last week and this is the result and I don't understand it,the doctor prescribed dazel kit,pls what does it means and how can it be treated

Dazel kit is a panacea drug containing both antibiotics and antimycotics meant for mixed infections.

Your Doc on looking the scan sheet result or from history could have felt placing you on it. Which may be right on his/her judgement. However,it is better to have a proper HVS or ECS conducted to know the perceived etiology and then follow treatment with sensitivity.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 3:58pm On Jun 10, 2018
pricelesshoney:
Good afternoon doc
Pls I need help, I had a previous miscarriage , and a stillbirth at 6mths last year, I was also diagnosed with PID before the stillbirth which I treated, early this year my doc started me on another course of antibiotics for me and my partner, right now am 7weeks pregnant and scared ,last week I started seeing some brownish discharge, my doc told me not to worry but I am cos when I do anything strenuous I spot that same brownish kinda blood,I hope it is not a sign that this child will not stay please help��

You may kindly chat with me privately.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by pholaryemmie(f): 4:32pm On Jun 10, 2018
I
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 4:40pm On Jun 10, 2018
pholaryemmie:
Hello doc... I started my period on the 3rd of this month and am still on it till now, am confused nd scared. What might be wrong. Tho its not as heavy as the normal days but its coming

It will certainly stop. Is it common with you?
It is not yet time to think of any cause to it or probably troubling about it.

Buy Vitamin B12 and Vitamin K,or in place of the K feed on water melon,eggs,green vegetables,pork meat,lean meats etc.

If it continues till the 3rd day from here,tell me.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by pholaryemmie(f): 6:32pm On Jun 10, 2018
2Ballz:

It will certainly stop. Is it common with you?
It is not yet time to think of any cause to it or probably troubling about it.

Buy Vitamin B12 and Vitamin K,or in place of the K feed on water melon,eggs,green vegetables,pork meat,lean meats etc.

If it continues till the 3rd day from here,tell me.
tnks doc, I had a similar experience around last year february nd march that it was up to 12days. Just occuring again now
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 6:54am On Jun 11, 2018
pholaryemmie:
tnks doc, I had a similar experience around last year february nd march that it was up to 12days. Just occuring again now

Okay. Do as I command you.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by vivvyo(m): 4:24am On Jun 16, 2018
good morning doctor,

please if vaginal swab test shows 3-5 pus ,yeast + and epith cells ++

what could it imply?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by TALK2ADAGBA: 7:07pm On Jun 16, 2018
Dr 2ballz,I was directing here on June 6,, haven't reached out to you since then,cause of my inability to get good internet service cause of the yeye kpalasa I am currently using,but I am glad I just found this thread.

Doctor my own case is a very lengthy one,so I might not have time to proofread before posting.

last week made it 10 bad year,my lovely mum has been suffering from stroke, Doctor those ten years have been night mares for me and my family,the stroke affected the right part of her body from the head to her toe,those she can move it a Little but not with pain a,mehn sometimes when she start to complain that her right side of her body is in pains and the way she screams,I just wish I hear her pain a little for her,so Doctor she now make her daily activities with her left hand, that is how it has been for the last ten years,but doctor,our world came crashing when my dad lost his job 3years ago,it was hell embarassed embarassed embarassed reasons be that where my dad work before he had this HMO with the hospital where my mom do go for medical check up every 2weeks and Doctor if there was one thing that my family benefited it was the HMO hospital service which my my mum benefited from,cause there was no way we could afford the hospital fee anytime she goes for check-up or if she is been admitted even on my father salary back then,lemme tell you some of her sickness that always needs hospital attention, my mum is something that like sweating alot,so with that she wants all the window of the house to be open for ventilation to come in,so during the process she always want to expose her chest to receive fresh air,a time came when she tries to lie down,not up to 5sec she will just get up and I will ask her what's the reason of her waking up so suddenly,she will say she is choking or like she drowning ,it only happens when she sleeps facing up,but when sleeps side ways ,it happen less,so we thinking that,maybe it might be as of her exposure to crazy harsh weather's or maybe pneumonia, doctor we were wrong the whole Time cry cry cry for 5 years we always thought it was the weather that's why Neva knew the stroke had another surprise for I and my family sad, this thing still occurs up till date,last year sometime around August or so,it became. Worse,just for me to go to her room and I saw my lovely mother lying helplessly on the floor with the part that was affected by the stroke which is the right part of her body swollen till her feet with urine all over the bed cry cry, witth tears in my eye,i asked her mumy are you ok ,her voice was sounding muffled like she was drowning in an invisible water ,I was confused on what to do ,so i placed a call to my father and he returned quickly from the place he went to I search of work, with father out job and the last thing we were all thinking was carrying her to the hospital because we couldn't even afford any Bill that will be thrown at us,as God will have it a church member came to visit her and insisted that my dad carries her to the hospital but we refused cause where in God's name how will going to get money for that,we then heard a calm voice from the woman that don't worry
my husband will take care of the bill,I didn't even know when my dad start to cry , so quickly we carry her into the woman's car and drove her to the hospital

ballZ I will continue the story later,the person wey I collect him fone Don come,but as soon I get access back to internet,I will continue from where I stopped and where I am driving too, thanks alot Dr for all your kind help to the patients in need especially on this thread. 2ballz please don't be offended am just coming online,my inability to get access to the internet prevented me for posting.

Continuation from my previous post

After we got to the hospital ,we had to carry her on a strecther to the female Ward,and during all the process even till we placed her on her mad,my mum was not responsive,from the right side of her body,from her face till her feet was swollen and her speech when she tries to make a sound was muffled like I stated as if she was drowning

As soon as the Doctor came to observe her condition,he placed the stethoscope on her Chest region and immediately said her heart is gradually failing,at first it just sounded like I didn't even hear that and told him to repeat what he said,which he did again of course,the doctor told us that my mum is always entering cardiac arrest and said something that to many fluid been pump to her heart hence her always rapid breathing and her inability to breath well when facing up.

So after all the observation she was put on drip and we monitor her condition for six days we were in the hospital, though it wasn't easy throughout all those periods,and my mum is also diabetics too.
We were finally discharged on the sixth day after pay 54,560 for the hospital Bill sad,I just kept thanking the God Lord that our church member came at the right time shocked. [color=#000099]we got home ,she had something to eat , since I was the only one available,I took the responsibility for talking care of her in times of her needs as assistant in which ever I can ,I was just like a personal nanny to my mum now which I am proud and will do it over and over again if I had the opportunity,so 2ballz every thing was going on smooth up untill 2weeka again,when the swelling occurred again,but this time it did affect her face ,just her hand like back of her Palm down to her lap till her feet,I was really worried,the last thing on my mind was thinking of even carry her to any hospital cause we can't afford any Bill again,cause I don't think we will lucky as the last Time,so I quicky ran to the hospital cause it was near by,and as God will have it I saw the Doctor coming out from the hospital gate and I quicky rushed to the doctor and complained to him about the swelling that his now visible on my mum's body,he said like he told me before that the his to much fluid been pump in her heart ,so the fluid keeps on storing that's why she has what the call EDEMA ,he then said he will prescribe a drug for me that will make out pass out the fluid through urinating,so he the prescribed two drugs for me namely FRUSEMIDE, which she should take twice daily and DIGOXIN,which she should take once a day.
Though I had to wait untill the next day to get her the drugs,I must confess the drugs work really fast, after giving her the both drugs ,she started having the urge to urinate and normal breathing ,after like two days the swelling drastically reduced,I was just to happy but then here urine became so much ,that in the space of an hour she can urinate like Seven times,meh I almost died o,cause since I was the only one,I have to always assist her to the toilet and I nocitce she started loosing weight so much and it made me so worried,the I stopped the drugs for about 5days ,which the edema came out again,I then had to continue with drugs again which of course was working as usual but not without side effect like her loosing weight and constant urination,so as of last week I just totally stop the drugs cause it causing More harm to get now but I was just happy ,it helps with the Edema,which as you guess it is back again,so Doctor sorry for all this epislte I just wrote the whole details on my mums problem and how you can help me with other medicine or anything thing I need to do to get rid of the Edema permanently with using the aforementioned drugs cause it really taking a toll on her body sir,I know my mum cannot be 100percent better again cause you need to see what the stroke did to her,but I am just glad for her to be alive, that's why I want your medical expertise on her issue.please do read and understand my story well again sir,as I await your Swift response,God bless you sir..
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 9:31am On Jun 19, 2018
vivvyo:
good morning doctor,

please if vaginal swab test shows 3-5 pus ,yeast + and epith cells ++

what could it imply?

Pus is a remainder or what is left of the dead neutrophils(white blood cells) after an inflammation.

Yeast+ is a scanty Candida albican growth...

Use sensitivity as given.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 9:33am On Jun 19, 2018
TALK2ADAGBA:
,I was directing here on June 6,, haven't reached out to you since then,cause of my inability to get good internet service cause of the yeye kpalasa I am currently using,but I am glad I just found this thread.

Doctor my own case is a very lengthy one,so I might not have time to proofread before posting.

last week made it 10 bad year,my lovely mum has been suffering from stroke, Doctor those ten years have been night mares for me and my family,the stroke affected the right part of her body from the head to her toe,those she can move it a Little but not with pain a,mehn sometimes when she start to complain that her right side of her body is in pains and the way she screams,I just wish I hear her pain a little for her,so Doctor she now make her daily activities with her left hand, that is how it has been for the last ten years,but doctor,our world came crashing when my dad lost his job 3years ago,it was hell embarassed embarassed embarassed reasons be that where my dad work before he had this HMO with the hospital where my mom do go for medical check up every 2weeks and Doctor if there was one thing that my family benefited it was the HMO hospital service which my my mum benefited from,cause there was no way we could afford the hospital fee anytime she goes for check-up or if she is been admitted even on my father salary back then,lemme tell you some of her sickness that always needs hospital attention, my mum is something that like sweating alot,so with that she wants all the window of the house to be open for ventilation to come in,so during the process she always want to expose her chest to receive fresh air,a time came when she tries to lie down,not up to 5sec she will just get up and I will ask her what's the reason of her waking up so suddenly,she will say she is choking or like she drowning ,it only happens when she sleeps facing up,but when sleeps side ways ,it happen less,so we thinking that,maybe it might be as of her exposure to crazy harsh weather's or maybe pneumonia, doctor we were wrong the whole Time cry cry cry for 5 years we always thought it was the weather that's why Neva knew the stroke had another surprise for I and my family sad, this thing still occurs up till date,last year sometime around August or so,it became. Worse,just for me to go to her room and I saw my lovely mother lying helplessly on the floor with the part that was affected by the stroke which is the right part of her body swollen till her feet with urine all over the bed cry cry, witth tears in my eye,i asked her mumy are you ok ,her voice was sounding muffled like she was drowning in an invisible water ,I was confused on what to do ,so i placed a call to my father and he returned quickly from the place he went to I search of work, with father out job and the last thing we were all thinking was carrying her to the hospital because we couldn't even afford any Bill that will be thrown at us,as God will have it a church member came to visit her and insisted that my dad carries her to the hospital but we refused cause where in God's name how will going to get money for that,we then heard a calm voice from the woman that don't worry
my husband will take care of the bill,I didn't even know when my dad start to cry , so quickly we carry her into the woman's car and drove her to the hospital

I will continue the story later,the person wey I collect him fone Don come,but as soon I get access back to internet,I will continue from where I stopped and where I am driving too, thanks alot Dr for all your kind help to the patients in need especially on this thread.

Okay o
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by MzEmeritus: 10:50am On Jun 19, 2018
Good morning doctors in here.... I have a friend who just took in and is in need of a good healthcare or hospital with good facilities located in Ibadan. So she can register for antenatal and do scan and other necessary things.... Please kindly recommend.... Help a confused sister
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by gmumeen: 3:09pm On Jun 19, 2018
MzEmeritus:
Good morning doctors in here.... I have a friend who just took in and is in need of a good healthcare or hospital with good facilities located in Ibadan. So she can register for antenatal and do scan and other necessary things.... Please kindly recommend.... Help a confused sister

Check The Vine hospital at Oluyole estate, in front of juniors international school, they have good facilities and a very courteous, smart and experienced staffs..
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by MzEmeritus: 3:59pm On Jun 19, 2018
gmumeen:

Check The Vine hospital at Oluyole estate, in front of juniors international school, they have good facilities and a very courteous, smart and experienced staffs..

Thanks alot....
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by gmumeen: 4:20pm On Jun 19, 2018
MzEmeritus:

Thanks alot....
You're welcome, I used them for my child birth too
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by MzEmeritus: 8:10pm On Jun 19, 2018
gmumeen:

You're welcome, I used them for my child birth too

Oh wow Dts good.. I know there

(1) (2) (3) ... (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.