Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,737 members, 7,809,826 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:33 PM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (258) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (877587 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by noblelove: 6:48pm On Jun 21, 2018
Hello doctors in the house. My period started yesterday. It was painful and somehow scanty, at least it didn't flow well like it used to, plus it had some clots in it. It mostly came out only when I poo. Then today, only little came out when I poo, but nothing is on my pad. Have taken hot ginger tea, yet, the pain is still there, with the scanty flow. Please what could be the issue.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by vivvyo(m): 8:41am On Jun 22, 2018
Good morning doctors in the house,
really need every suggestion and advice i can get here
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 9:48am On Jul 05, 2018
vivvyo:
Good morning doctors in the house, really need every suggestion and advice i can get here
What advice and suggestion do you wish to hear from us?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 9:56am On Jul 05, 2018
noblelove:
Hello doctors in the house. My period started yesterday. It was painful and somehow scanty, at least it didn't flow well like it used to, plus it had some clots in it. It mostly came out only when I poo. Then today, only little came out when I poo, but nothing is on my pad. Have taken hot ginger tea, yet, the pain is still there, with the scanty flow. Please what could be the issue.

What is really the use taking the ginger tea?
It is normal to have tissue matters follow with menstruation. It is also not abnormal to have clots plugging with normal monthly flow cause of the clotting substance burned into the flow during break of tissue,infact a fall in the integrity of the vessels supplying the womb can induce clotting. This is functionally important.

As for the pain,it will definitely chill. However,for your comfort you try on using any of those NSAIDs provided you have no problem with inflammation of your stomach wall.

You will definitely be fine,but if symptoms becomes secondary, see a doctor.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Maryam1234(f): 12:37pm On Jul 05, 2018
Good day doc,please sir I am having lower abdominal pain @ my pelvic region.It started yesterday morning and I easily get tired after a small walk,I felt dizziness while taking a walk this morning and up till now the pain is still active and I can't stand straight also.
Note:I am a FTM and we're 21weeks and 5days today,please I need your assistance on what to do or take,I am presently on pregnancy routine drugs like:Fesolate,Folic acid,Calcium,Vitamin C,Thanks in anticipation sir.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by vivvyo(m): 3:48pm On Jul 05, 2018
2Ballz:

What advice and suggestion do you wish to hear from us?
Thanks

Below is a picture of my fiancee's culture test result

got to know about it after she complained of body pain,headache and fever; she was told to undergo a malaria,typhoid and culture test

the malaria and typhoid result came same day, turned out she had malaria and typhoid, consequently; we got malaria and typhoid drugs immediately.

She collected the culture result 3-days later (but by then she was already feeling very well and much better)
she's been fine since she completed the malaria and typhoid drugs till date but has been worried.

Stap.aureus, is the subject of her worry.
searched online and got some discouraging reviews about it; some say its untreatable, others claimed to ve battled it for years.
she is scared

and she is someone that hates medicines.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by TALK2ADAGBA: 6:41pm On Jul 05, 2018
TALK2ADAGBA:
Dr 2ballz,I was directing here on June 6,, haven't reached out to you since then,cause of my inability to get good internet service cause of the yeye kpalasa I am currently using,but I am glad I just found this thread.

Doctor my own case is a very lengthy one,so I might not have time to proofread before posting.

last week made it 10 bad year,my lovely mum has been suffering from stroke, Doctor those ten years have been night mares for me and my family,the stroke affected the right part of her body from the head to her toe,those she can move it a Little but not with pain a,mehn sometimes when she start to complain that her right side of her body is in pains and the way she screams,I just wish I hear her pain a little for her,so Doctor she now make her daily activities with her left hand, that is how it has been for the last ten years,but doctor,our world came crashing when my dad lost his job 3years ago,it was hell embarassed embarassed embarassed reasons be that where my dad work before he had this HMO with the hospital where my mom do go for medical check up every 2weeks and Doctor if there was one thing that my family benefited it was the HMO hospital service which my my mum benefited from,cause there was no way we could afford the hospital fee anytime she goes for check-up or if she is been admitted even on my father salary back then,lemme tell you some of her sickness that always needs hospital attention, my mum is something that like sweating alot,so with that she wants all the window of the house to be open for ventilation to come in,so during the process she always want to expose her chest to receive fresh air,a time came when she tries to lie down,not up to 5sec she will just get up and I will ask her what's the reason of her waking up so suddenly,she will say she is choking or like she drowning ,it only happens when she sleeps facing up,but when sleeps side ways ,it happen less,so we thinking that,maybe it might be as of her exposure to crazy harsh weather's or maybe pneumonia, doctor we were wrong the whole Time cry cry cry for 5 years we always thought it was the weather that's why Neva knew the stroke had another surprise for I and my family sad, this thing still occurs up till date,last year sometime around August or so,it became. Worse,just for me to go to her room and I saw my lovely mother lying helplessly on the floor with the part that was affected by the stroke which is the right part of her body swollen till her feet with urine all over the bed cry cry, witth tears in my eye,i asked her mumy are you ok ,her voice was sounding muffled like she was drowning in an invisible water ,I was confused on what to do ,so i placed a call to my father and he returned quickly from the place he went to I search of work, with father out job and the last thing we were all thinking was carrying her to the hospital because we couldn't even afford any Bill that will be thrown at us,as God will have it a church member came to visit her and insisted that my dad carries her to the hospital but we refused cause where in God's name how will going to get money for that,we then heard a calm voice from the woman that don't worry
my husband will take care of the bill,I didn't even know when my dad start to cry , so quickly we carry her into the woman's car and drove her to the hospital

ballZ I will continue the story later,the person wey I collect him fone Don come,but as soon I get access back to internet,I will continue from where I stopped and where I am driving too, thanks alot Dr for all your kind help to the patients in need especially on this thread. 2ballz please don't be offended am just coming online,my inability to get access to the internet prevented me for posting.

Continuation from my previous post

After we got to the hospital ,we had to carry her on a strecther to the female Ward,and during all the process even till we placed her on her mad,my mum was not responsive,from the right side of her body,from her face till her feet was swollen and her speech when she tries to make a sound was muffled like I stated as if she was drowning

As soon as the Doctor came to observe her condition,he placed the stethoscope on her Chest region and immediately said her heart is gradually failing,at first it just sounded like I didn't even hear that and told him to repeat what he said,which he did again of course,the doctor told us that my mum is always entering cardiac arrest and said something that to many fluid been pump to her heart hence her always rapid breathing and her inability to breath well when facing up.

So after all the observation she was put on drip and we monitor her condition for six days we were in the hospital, though it wasn't easy throughout all those periods,and my mum is also diabetics too.
We were finally discharged on the sixth day after pay 54,560 for the hospital Bill sad,I just kept thanking the God Lord that our church member came at the right time shocked. [color=#000099]we got home ,she had something to eat , since I was the only one available,I took the responsibility for talking care of her in times of her needs as assistant in which ever I can ,I was just like a personal nanny to my mum now which I am proud and will do it over and over again if I had the opportunity,so 2ballz every thing was going on smooth up untill 2weeka again,when the swelling occurred again,but this time it did affect her face ,just her hand like back of her Palm down to her lap till her feet,I was really worried,the last thing on my mind was thinking of even carry her to any hospital cause we can't afford any Bill again,cause I don't think we will lucky as the last Time,so I quicky ran to the hospital cause it was near by,and as God will have it I saw the Doctor coming out from the hospital gate and I quicky rushed to the doctor and complained to him about the swelling that his now visible on my mum's body,he said like he told me before that the his to much fluid been pump in her heart ,so the fluid keeps on storing that's why she has what the call EDEMA ,he then said he will prescribe a drug for me that will make out pass out the fluid through urinating,so he the prescribed two drugs for me namely FRUSEMIDE, which she should take twice daily and DIGOXIN,which she should take once a day.
Though I had to wait untill the next day to get her the drugs,I must confess the drugs work really fast, after giving her the both drugs ,she started having the urge to urinate and normal breathing ,after like two days the swelling drastically reduced,I was just to happy but then here urine became so much ,that in the space of an hour she can urinate like Seven times,meh I almost died o,cause since I was the only one,I have to always assist her to the toilet and I nocitce she started loosing weight so much and it made me so worried,the I stopped the drugs for about 5days ,which the edema came out again,I then had to continue with drugs again which of course was working as usual but not without side effect like her loosing weight and constant urination,so as of last week I just totally stop the drugs cause it causing More harm to get now but I was just happy ,it helps with the Edema,which as you guess it is back again,so Doctor sorry for all this epislte I just wrote the whole details on my mums problem and how you can help me with other medicine or anything thing I need to do to get rid of the Edema permanently with using the aforementioned drugs cause it really taking a toll on her body sir,I know my mum cannot be 100percent better again cause you need to see what the stroke did to her,but I am just glad for her to be alive, that's why I want your medical expertise on her issue.please do read and understand my story well again sir,as I await your Swift response,God bless you sir..
2ballz after 12years battle with stroke,my mom finally passed on sunday cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry, Doctor said heart failure was the cause of death,it was a said one I tell you ,I can just believe my Mom is gone sad, mehn I can never wish stroke on even my enemy,it not a good sickness at all,well thanks for all you render patient in need here,make the God Lord continue to lift you higher..
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 1:28pm On Jul 06, 2018
TALK2ADAGBA:
2ballz after 12years battle with stroke,my mom finally passed on sunday cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry, Doctor said heart failure was the cause of death,it was a said one I tell you ,I can just believe my Mom is gone sad, mehn I can never wish stroke on even my enemy,it not a good sickness at all,well thanks for all you render patient in need here,make the God Lord continue to lift you higher..

I am sad to hear the demise of your mother. I was hoping to hear you in whole. Things happens in God's time and conditioning believe me. Bro, I commiserate with you.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 1:32pm On Jul 06, 2018
vivvyo:
Thanks

Below is a picture of my fiancee's culture test result

got to know about it after she complained of body pain,headache and fever; she was told to undergo a malaria,typhoid and culture test

the malaria and typhoid result came same day, turned out she had malaria and typhoid, consequently; we got malaria and typhoid drugs immediately.

She collected the culture result 3-days later (but by then she was already feeling very well and much better)
she's been fine since she completed the malaria and typhoid drugs till date but has been worried.

Stap.aureus, is the subject of her worry.
searched online and got some discouraging reviews about it; some say its untreatable, others claimed to ve battled it for years.
she is scared

and she is someone that hates medicines.

It was only a scanty growth why would she build mountain out of a mole-hill?

Do another culture to confirm this scanty growth, then follow sensitivity as written.

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 1:35pm On Jul 06, 2018
Maryam1234:
Good day doc,please sir I am having lower abdominal pain @ my pelvic region.It started yesterday morning and I easily get tired after a small walk,I felt dizziness while taking a walk this morning and up till now the pain is still active and I can't stand straight also.
Note:I am a FTM and we're 21weeks and 5days today,please I need your assistance on what to do or take,I am presently on pregnancy routine drugs like:Fesolate,Folic acid,Calcium,Vitamin C,Thanks in anticipation sir.

Are you Mariam that call me sometimes to attend to easy going cases?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by mimicue(f): 7:13am On Jul 11, 2018
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Rbae: 10:03am On Jul 11, 2018
Hello everyone. My advice to you all is to see an experienced Doc who will help to u out with your current situation. I'm sorry to tell you all that a Doc you are consulting here is not qualified. Some pose to be qualified Doctors but they are still writing jamb and struggling for admission. Please, go to the hospital. Go to the hospital please. Beware of Google doctors that will drop numbers for you to text them. A word is enough for the wise! Good morning.

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 10:18am On Jul 11, 2018
Rbae:
Hello everyone. My advice to you all is to see an experienced Doc who will help to u out with your current situation. I'm sorry to tell you all that a Doc you are consulting here is not qualified. Some pose to be qualified Doctors but they are still writing jamb and struggling for admission. Please, go to the hospital. Go to the hospital please. Beware of Google doctors that will drop numbers for you to text them. A word is enough for the wise! Good morning.

Yes please, he is 2Ball2, he is not a doctor. Please go to ttc thread to read.

Be careful, be ye careful.

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Rbae: 10:52am On Jul 11, 2018
olubankemi:

Yes please, he is 2Ball2, he is not a doctor. Please go to ttc thread to read.

Be careful, be ye careful.

Yes o.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by happymummy(f): 10:55am On Jul 11, 2018
Rbae:
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omonikiba(f): 12:04pm On Jul 11, 2018
2Ballz:
CONSULTATION SERVICES ON GYN/OBS

I wish to make it known publicly that I run consultation services on female health and pregnancy on mobile basis.
This is will allow me to have a special private discussion with all respective subjects as necessary.
Being suggested as putting all things make and put together, it is not going to run free. This will requires one to pay a certain amount for the time accrued or used. It is cheap and does not require one to pay as high as any physical services.

HOW TO START:
At first I thought it was good rendering out this service on phone call,it came so late that conversation through any of these messengers was alright. And using the whatapps messenger has proved it worth. Please in order to start,I would prefer;
i) You call to introduce yourself.
ii) You may also state clearly what service you really require from me
iii) if you don't feel like calling,you may also send it through by normal text messages
iv)Don't make any payment until you have discus this with me
v) Make transfer of service charges and confirm on my end if I have been credited.
vi) You may start conversing with me on whatapps or tell me when you want the consultation.

TIME AND DAYS FOR CONSULTATION:
Monday - Friday: 5p.m - 12a.m
Saturday - Sunday : 1p.m - 4p.m(noon)
8p.m - 1 a.m (evening)

CONSULTATION CHARGES:
The following are marked charges with respect time spent discussing on the phone;
At most 45min-1hr========1000-naira(#1000)
1hr-2hr========2000-naira(#2000)
2hr-3hr========3000-naira(#3000)
Charges per week ====== 8000-naira(#8000).
The rule is simple,for every hour spent a thousand naira is charge. It is cheap and affordable.

PAYMENT:
Service is render before payment as to avoid any case of incongruent complexities. Regarding this, I will duly indulge everyone to be churchly minded that operating under falsity and scamming is highly disapproving. Let's do things right.

PAYMENT METHOD:
Mobile transfer of service charges is richly advisable
CONSULTATION PHONE NUMBER: 08176371308 and 09075560712

CONSULTATION ACCOUNT NUMBER:
FCMB
Gabriel Ogedegbe

...respect to this I sincerely seek your resolve to give inputs to make this simpler and reachable to everyone giving an intention that I might not have hinted on something or overlooked at it.
In addition to the former,I want everyone us to:
1) draw the attention of every person here in case a fraud is sensed.
2) copy the vital part of this post as it may not always be pasted.
3) tell other women of this service as a helping hand to others.

I think we need to report this to seun or Domimic.

I dont think this his post is allowed. Even if, the MODS should confirm he is a doctor and a certified one before posting this for consultations.

This ia really bad.

I quoted this to get your attention to it, please unquoted me once action is taken if need be.

Cc Seun, Dominique
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Rbae: 12:17pm On Jul 11, 2018
omonikiba:

I dont think this his post is allowed. Even if, the MODS should confirm he is a doctor and a certified one before posting this for consultations.

This ia really bad.

Cc Seun, Dominique

OMG. This is serious.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 7:53pm On Jul 11, 2018
omonikiba:

This ia really bad.

I quoted this to get your attention to it, please unquoted me once action is taken if need be.

I have no need to reply this. It is solely not a business of mine to try to convince you what I am or not provided caution is done with all things.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by chiefboomite204(f): 8:46pm On Jul 20, 2018
[quote]
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Dazzle86(f): 11:26am On Jul 23, 2018
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Julianah42: 12:07pm On Jul 23, 2018
Good day doctors, can you please interpret these fertility results.

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by orangesky: 3:20pm On Jul 23, 2018
ok
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 9:59pm On Jul 24, 2018
Julianah42:
Good day doctors, can you please interpret these fertility results.

First test:

Both HVS/MCS are within the expected limit.

2nd/3rd test:

High pH>>>>>>indication for a bacterial growth or infection.

Volume>>>>>>> though is low for 1ml,it may or may not indicate a block of semen flow.

Colour>>>>>>>>Creamy,is an indication for bacterial infection.

Sperm counts>>>>> may be accepted but it is way better being at least 20 million.

Morphology>>>>> is okay,though progressive is poor. Improve in count may cause an increase both in morphology and progressive

Infection>>>>> "R" stands for resistance; sensitivity should be left to those having the plus signs.

Confirm this analysis again by running in for another,follow sensitivity and advice from your doctor.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 10:00pm On Jul 24, 2018
Dazzle86:
Hello doctor, please help interpreted this ECS swab report

You may have to write it or post it bold. I hardly can make a tittle out of that sheet.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by painless: 5:37am On Jul 25, 2018
Good morning doctor's In the house, please I will like to know the best time to do pregnancy test both urine and blood. I need an urgent answer pls.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 10:00pm On Jul 25, 2018
painless:
Good morning doctor's In the house, please I will like to know the best time to do pregnancy test both urine and blood. I need an urgent answer pls.

Urine: At least 2weeks after a missed period.

Blood: 5days-1week at least after your supposed ovulation date.

2 Likes

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by jojomario(m): 8:52am On Aug 06, 2018
2Ballz:

Do another SFA, this one does not look credence for me.
I just did another one. The result goes thus:

PH 7.0
Volume 3ml
Colour creamy
Odour odourless
Viscosity hypoiliscoils
Liquefaction less and equal to 10 mind
Opacity opaque
Epithelial cell nil
Pus cell 4-6 ihpt
Red cell nill
Morphology normal 70% abnormal 30%
Motility Active 50% sluggish 20% dead 30%
Count 25×10^6 cells/ml
Remark Normospermia
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by jojomario(m): 8:55am On Aug 06, 2018
Doctors should help interpret this SFA result.

PH -7.0
Volume -3ml
Colour -creamy
Odour -odourless 
Viscosity- hypoiliscoils
Liquefaction -less and equal to 10 ml
Opacity -opaque
Epithelial -cell nil
Pus cell -4-6 ihpt
Red cell -nill
Morphology -normal 70% abnormal 30%
Motility -Active 50% sluggish 20% dead 30%
Count -25×10^6 cells/ml
Remark- Normospermia
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 8:28pm On Aug 06, 2018
jojomario:
I just did another one. The result goes thus:

PH 7.0
Volume 3ml
Colour creamy
Odour odourless
Viscosity hypoiliscoils
Liquefaction less and equal to 10 mind
Opacity opaque
Epithelial cell nil
Pus cell 4-6 ihpt
Red cell nill
Morphology normal 70% abnormal 30%
Motility Active 50% sluggish 20% dead 30%
Count 25×10^6 cells/ml
Remark Normospermia

The above semen analysis is ideal. A normospermia remark simply means, an analysis that represents a notable presentable features align with normal WHO standard as shown above.

Be in good health! keep to normal personal hygiene and avoid any factor that could serve as hazard to your sperm cells and semen.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by jojomario(m): 8:37pm On Aug 06, 2018
2Ballz:

The above semen analysis is ideal. A normospermia remark simply means, an analysis that represents a notable presentable features align with normal WHO standard as shown above.

Be in good health! keep to normal personal hygiene and avoid any factor that could serve as hazard to your sperm cells and semen.
Thank you sir
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by swaggylomo: 4:23pm On Aug 11, 2018
Dr in the house kindly help,
Pregnant and just tested reactive for VDRL.
What's the way forward.
Hw often is a vdrl test affected by malaria

(1) (2) (3) ... (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.