Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,858 members, 7,813,924 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:39 PM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (878273 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by olaedo: 2:32pm On Jan 07, 2009
Dr. Kathy, thanks so much for all, may God continue to bless you. Please I need to discuss somethings with you about my health. here is my email address. sendjenny2000@yahoo.com. Please do mail me asap. thanks and God bless.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ChiefS(m): 5:45pm On Jan 07, 2009
Thanks Dr Kathy for what you are doing in this forum, God alone will reward you.My wife gave birth about 6 weeks ago by C/S and she is recuperating and doing fine.My sister suggested she takes Stout(Alcohol) to help her stomach/womb.I don't know the medical implications if she takes it and if she doesn't take it.

How long after delivery by c/s can a woman start having sex again.

Thanks a lot.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by izzabett(f): 6:47pm On Jan 07, 2009
Thanks Doctor Kathy I am trying to cope. My Doc said I shoould live with the nausea. plsssssssssssssssssssss what can i take?? Thanks again
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by itiade(f): 2:28pm On Jan 08, 2009
DEAR NINJA KING & KATHYEKITI,
You guys are doing a great job.
To be honest I wish I studied medicine(Laugh), Want to serve pple the way you do.

I need to be enlightened:
What is/are the effect(s) of hormonal drugs on the body esp the reproductory organs.
I took gynaecosid about a year ago and ever since my period has been irregular.

Pls refer to my post on page 26 to see what my doctor recommended,

I need to regulate my period so that I can get pregnant.

Thank you for your anticipated help.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by painedgal: 6:28pm On Jan 08, 2009
Dear doctor,
You are doing an amazing job here.
Please my best friend cannot afford to go to the doctor in london now,
and she has a problem.
Recently,she noticed that sometimes when she pees,her urine goes in different directions.She has googled it and they call it forking urine but hasnt seen a solution yet,
Please what is the problem?thank you.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 12:13am On Jan 09, 2009
@oluwawunmi

You might need to go to your gyn to give you clomid so you can ovulate. The length between your periods is abnormally long

@olaedo & wumine

I am sorry but I no longer reveal my email. I am still in the throes of the daily 419 emails I receive.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 12:14am On Jan 09, 2009
@chief S

Congratulations! Please don't give your wife alcohol, she will only get dehydrated and it can affect her breastmilk production. In general, she needs at least 6 weeks before she can start having sex

@ izzabett

I replied you already. Check the prior postssmiley
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 12:16am On Jan 09, 2009
@ pained gal

This is not a medical problem unless she has other associated symptoms
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by painedgal: 12:26am On Jan 09, 2009
thanks doc.
i feel rather stupid tho cos im a med student.
Been chilling ere to tell you that you are wonderful.
My fiance is doin his residency in O and G and reading what you write and how you write it just makes me admire you all the more.
God bless you.
I won't be specializing in your field tho,ur far too brave,
This is not medicine related,but i'd like to ask u wat field of specialty would be advicable for me seeing dat my man is already too busy and i'd like to have time for d kids?
i'll be graduating in a year and half.
I was thinking psychology or psychiatry but in nija,its a bummer and i intend to go back there, any advise?
i totally love psychology,physilogy and endocrinology.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by olaedo: 10:11am On Jan 09, 2009
if you cannot reveal your email address, Its ok Dr. Kathy, I do understand. thank you all the same.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Wumine(f): 12:05pm On Jan 09, 2009
Thanks Doctor Kathy, I understand
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by bolajigirl(f): 12:57pm On Jan 09, 2009
thanks doc kathy for replying me.i am still trying to conceive.my period varies.sometimes is 22,26,or 30 days.doc said its normal but since it varies they cant say exactly wen i ovulate,d doc gave me clomid and vitamin e and asked me to take it on d 5th day of my menses.wat do u think doc.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by missditto: 10:18pm On Jan 10, 2009
dear doc, i;ve a serious problem. i'm about 3wks pregnant and have a serious phobia for hospitals due to a childhood incident. my boyfriend and i really want to keep this baby but can't afford it right now (we're bpth in yr 4) i read about a drug called mifeprex also called RU 486 that'll help but worried about the risks and the availability of the drug , can anyone pls get me this drug or write me a prescription? don't want to have a surgical abortion. pls help. scared and confused. justinedasilva@ymail.com 07035111650

'''
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 4:57am On Jan 13, 2009
@ wumine and Olaedo

Thank you for being understanding. I used to have my email on here and apparently got on some "list" I hope you will post your questions here.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 4:58am On Jan 13, 2009
@ missditto

Where are you located?

@bolajigirl

This sounds like an excellent plan. Clomid takes away the impact of the different days in your cycle. Did he also give you progesterone?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 5:00am On Jan 13, 2009
@ painedgal

Endocrinology is a good choice as is psychiatry for lifestyle. No emergencies. Ob/gyn is a tough mistress. Wishing you the best in your studiessmiley
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by davinchi(m): 4:38pm On Jan 13, 2009
hi doc,pls i have this burning question begging for answer,my landlords wife has not been able to conceive 5 yrs after the first.she experiences severe/serious cramps every month during her monthly periods.shes been to several hospitals to no avail.Doc,what could be the problem and what do you advice they do.thanks a million.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by davinchi(m): 4:40pm On Jan 13, 2009
hi doc,pls i have this burning question begging for answer,my landlords wife has not been able to conceive 5 yrs after the first.she experiences severe/serious cramps every month during her monthly periods.shes been to several hospitals to no avail.Doc,what could be the problem and what do you advice they do.thanks a million.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by itiade(f): 10:41am On Jan 15, 2009
Dear Doc,
I have been trying to get preg for a while.
I was supposed to see my period on the 12th but it has not come up till now.
I feel cramps once in a while to b precise every 4hrs or thereabout.
Could this be the signs of early pregnancy.

When can I go for a test?
Thank you.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 2:10am On Jan 17, 2009
@davinchi

It sounds like your landlord's wife might have a condition called endometriosis which can cause infertility and pain with menses. Has she had an ultrasound? She may also be suffering from fibroids.

@itiade

You take a test now. Good lucksmiley
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by enurayce: 3:31pm On Jan 17, 2009
Obesity causes many serious diseases like heart attack, diabetes, cancer, renal disorder or hemorrhage. They are generally the causes of a fat person’s death. Obesity is a major factor that reduces life expectancy. Let discuss in brief how obesity affects different organs and systems of the human body.

- Muscles of fat persons are soft and weak. If the muscles are loose and weak, they cannot support the internal organs of the body and therefore the organs do not remain secure in their proper positions and easily get displaced. Therefore fat persons often become victims of different types of hernia.

- In fat persons, the coordination between muscles and the nervous system is inadequate. Consequently, they are slow in their reflex actions. As a result of this, they are more prone to injuries and accidents.

- Fat persons consume more energy for doing physical works. This affects their efficiency. They get breathless after the slightest physical exertion. Therefore they are generally found to be lazy or inactive.

- Fat persons complain of severe pain in the feet or soles which are crushed under the weight of their heavy bodies. Fat persons also suffer from flat feet. Similarly, weight bearing joints like the ankles, hips and the spinal cord are also strained constantly on account of the heavy weight they have to carry. Consequently, fat persons are susceptible to degenerative diseases like osteoarthritis at a very young age.

- The joints of the body are surrounded by muscles. Muscles lend support to the joints. As the muscles of fat persons are weak, their joints are not adequately supported. This is the main reason why fat persons often complain of chronic backache. Besides this, the joints of fat persons are stiff and therefore, their bodies are less flexible and they cannot bend their bodies easily.

- Compared to normal children, fat children are more prone to congenital and acquired deformities of bones and joints.

- Generally the level of cholesterol is high in the blood of fat persons. With the passage of time, this cholesterol gets deposited on the inner surface of blood vessels. As a result of this, blood vessels not only become hard and narrow, but also lose their elasticity. Like other blood vessels, arteries which supply blood to the heart, are also narrowed in the case of fat people. Such a situation creates circumstances conductive to ischemic heart disease.

- High blood pressure is also associated with obesity. In the case of a fat person, high blood pressure develops at an early age.

- Fat persons are more prone to varicose veins. Varicose veins are an indication of slow blood circulation.

- The act of breathing involves the movement of several parts of the stomach and chest. Two types of muscles are mainly responsible for this: some muscles of the chest and the diaphragm. When fat person breaths, he has to lift his heavy chest every time, and besides this, he also finds it difficult to push the diaphragm towards the fat stuffed belly and stomach. It is because of this that a fat person gets tired and breathless easily.

- As the cholesterol is generally high in the blood of fat persons, this high cholesterol causes stone formation in the gall bladder.

- Obesity creates many problems during pregnancy also. It creates many problems like toxemia, difficulties in delivery, post delivery bleeding, death of the mother or the child, etc. Fat women, generally, do not have normal deliveries. A caesarian operation is required in the cases of most of the fat women.

- Any surgical operation of a fat person surrounds with many dangers. The patient has to be given anesthesia before the operation is performed and it is not only difficult but also dangerous to administer anesthesia to a fat person. The breathing of a fat person is generally shallow as the movement of his diaphragm is hindered. Anesthesia is likely to affect his breathing adversely. The chances of developing embolism in the veins are also more in obese.

- Post surgical recovery is also very slow in fat persons. Their convalescence period is usually very long.

- Obesity disrupts the proper functioning of endocrine glands.

- The liver too is adversely affected by obesity. It has been found that degenerative diseases of the liver and cirrhosis of liver strike fat persons more often.

- Fat women suffer from menorrhagia, infertility and several other disorders of menstruation.

- Degenerative changes in the kidneys occurs more severely and early in fat person.

- Possibilities of developing cancer are directly proportional to overweight. This fact applies particularly to those who are aged above 45.

- Fat persons are often made targets of fun, gossip and ridicule among friends and in the society. As a result of this, many fat persons develop an inferiority complex or suffer from other psychological disorders.

Disclaimer: This article is not meant to provide health advice and is for general information only. Always seek the insights of a qualified health professional before embarking on any health program.
© www.totalhealthpackage..com
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by NubianQ(f): 8:47pm On Jan 17, 2009
hi doc,

how can i deal with recurring headaches, is it stress related, i take painkillers on d regular n fed up with them.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Balogun(m): 10:29pm On Jan 18, 2009
I would advice the moderator to remove enurayce post. There is very little fact in it. Kathyekiti has been doing a good job here and such a post is not welcome here!!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by naijaking1: 11:12pm On Jan 18, 2009
Balogun:

I would advice the moderator to remove enurayce post. There is very little fact in it. Kathyekiti has been doing a good job here and such a post is not welcome here!!
I second that!
You should see the controversy in the Pharmacy Advice thread: we need a qualified health section moderator. If not, people we continue to post pseudo-science, abracadabra, tai-chi as sound medical information/advice on this forum.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by largie(f): 2:33am On Jan 19, 2009
hi dr.
i am 34 weeks gone and i tell you it has been a roller coaster event but thank God it is almost over.lately i have been experiencing a very bad backache i'm tempted to swallow a few pills of ibuprofen could you pls advise me.I'll want to know what to do to avoid a posterior or lateral presentation of my baby,also i have heard a lot of scary tales about how epidural leads to c-s eventually and i am at the point of making my birth plan do you mind giving me more insight to it.I am so scared of straying away from my natural childbirth stance,in fact i am praying to have a supernatural childbirth.
Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by naijaking1: 5:40am On Jan 19, 2009
largie:

hi dr.
i am 34 weeks gone and i tell you it has been a roller coaster event but thank God it is almost over.lately i have been experiencing a very bad backache i'm tempted to swallow a few pills of ibuprofen could you pls advise me.I'll want to know what to do to avoid a posterior or lateral presentation of my baby,also i have heard a lot of scary tales about how epidural leads to c-s eventually and i am at the point of making my birth plan do you mind giving me more insight to it.I am so scared of straying away from my natural childbirth stance,in fact i am praying to have a supernatural childbirth.
Thanks
Dr. Kathy will be with you later, but while you wait avoid ibuprofen. Instead, take some acetomenophine/tylenol or panadaol for you pain, and keep in touch with your doctor every week.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by go4gold107(m): 7:34am On Jan 19, 2009
Dr Kat,

My wife is 25 weeks now and she is planning to travel by road for an 8 hour trip. Although I have tried to dissuade her from that, she still insists that she will be alright. Please, I will need your professional advice on this.

We also noticed that her skin is becoming so light and tender. Is this normal and is there anything that can be done? Pepper as a spice is ok, but she is beginning to like too much of it. I dont know if it is the pregnancy thing that is causing it but is too much of it harmful to the baby?

Many thanks again doc for the good u've been doing.

Cheers!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by largie(f): 1:48pm On Jan 19, 2009
i mean transverse position pls
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by itiade(f): 10:34am On Jan 20, 2009
Dear Doc Kathyekiti,
I ran the test, it was negative!!!!!!
I am down and need someone to talk to.
I need to meet with a competent Doc that will run the basic tests
I want to know what the problem is.
My period has still not arrived.

I am very worried

If you have a clinic, I’ld gladly come around to see you, if not,
Pls kindly prescribe a competent hospital

Thank you.

Above all I trust in God
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by temiolumi(f): 11:23am On Jan 20, 2009
doc, pls what do i do? i'm trying to acheive pregnancy but i experience return after sex. pls help me out.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by tishat(f): 10:22am On Jan 21, 2009
Doctor katty,i appreciate the wonderful work you are doing in the forum,i want to ask you a question.
Over years I ve been using cotton wool though sterilised during my menstruation(as in inserting it)its been very convenient for me and am not having any sign of itching or whatever but i want to get a medical advice as per how safe or unsafe the act is.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by demdam(f): 11:30am On Jan 21, 2009
Doctor,
i used to take aloe vera juice to prevent pile.
i am pregnant now and wants to know if there is any side effect on the baby or me.
Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.