Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,254 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:50 AM

Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive (110549 Views)

I Am HIV Positive And Illegal Immigrant: Advise Please / How Will I Know If Am Not Hiv Positive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Go Down)

Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by moyems(m): 4:53pm On Sep 17, 2012
Believe in the word of God, that he can heal you and you surely will be healed against all odds. If people truthfully decided to tell you what they face in life, you will know that your situation is better of. Since you have not started medication, my advice is Eat healthy, fast and pray for your healing to come. Remain blessed.
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by LadyWinona: 11:06pm On Sep 17, 2012
Airforce11:

@Lady Winona, how do you analyse the above cd4 count and the drugs given to me. Your expert analysis is always appreciated.
Hello Airforce, ur CD4 count is not bad at all but nothing stops u from aiming to get it to a higher figure by living a healthy lifestyle. I have seen HIV positive patients with CD4 count of up to 1000, n u shld not be an exception. Like someone suggested, I think testing for Hepatits B is impt since it is basically gotten the same way HIV is contracted. Above all, I wish u the best and pray that in this period that u'll be given the grace to be with people who love u despite what u re going thru and are willing to give u the support u need. Take care

1 Like

Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by papagiddy(m): 11:44am On Sep 18, 2012
i will advice u visit and meet prophet TB Joshua personally and let him pray for u ONLY!,but u still continue with ur medication. i mean add spiritual to physical. I BELIEVE U WILL REJOICE AT LAST!
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by oluite(f): 1:10pm On Sep 18, 2012
Its just an idea,maybe there should be a support thread.It will be very helpful to encourage and share ideas et al.There are other successful support threads here for TTC(trying to conceive),losing weight,pregnancy,ivf treatments and it really does help.

1 Like

Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by Black002(f): 1:15pm On Sep 18, 2012
My dear its never the end of the world, neither is it a Death sentence there are much more worse diseases than the HIV virus, i know how you feel as i myself had been living with it since 2006 and even look healthier than some without the virus ......... dnt forget its jst like every other sickness just take yr drugs and plsssss dnt forget to put it in prayers there's absolutely nothing God cannot do, pls dnt forget to use condoms so you dnt pass it on or get reinfected which could be fatal to your health ....... in all dnt worry u'll be fine.

2 Likes

Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by abmoslincoln: 2:49pm On Sep 19, 2012
HIV infections is not a death sentence, you can still a better happy life if you are on the right diet and medications, you can call this number 07036507238 for further assistance and help
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by Airforce11: 3:30pm On Sep 20, 2012
Black002: My dear its never the end of the world, neither is it a Death sentence there are much more worse diseases than the HIV virus, i know how you feel as i myself had been living with it since 2006 and even look healthier than some without the virus ......... dnt forget its jst like every other sickness just take yr drugs and plsssss dnt forget to put it in prayers there's absolutely nothing God cannot do, pls dnt forget to use condoms so you dnt pass it on or get reinfected which could be fatal to your health ....... in all dnt worry u'll be fine.

i ll like you to share with me from your personal experience on how you have been managing your health. You can contact me tru the email address airforce1911@yahoo.com. i ll be waiting to get your response.

sylco90: @OP, I knw how feel, I felt worse wen I got my own shocker too. Yea, I'm hiv+ and bliv me, there's rilly smthing spiritual about life. After my diagnosis, I attempted murder severally because I felt so lonely. Yet each attempt alwys prove abortive, in fact the last one I tot wud work made me terribly sick, it was then dat I realized dat suicide is selfishness! My mum was so down dat I regretted my actions;
Since then I started living my life once again,I ve not strted any meds yet because I'd like to remain "meds naïve" for as long as i can because once initiated, there is no going bck and it can limit ur opportunity of tryin newer n beta drugs in devpt.
But mind you, knw who u tell no matter hw persuasive and re-assuring they may sound! They'll alwys run away later on.
Jst live as normal as possible, u may b a long term non progressor and won't b needin treatment in d nxt 10-15yrs. Who knws wot myt hv haPpened by then?
Pls dnt get too depressed cuz so many non hiv-related deaths still occur daily while u stil alive.
I bliv we all have diff time frames and nobody knws his/her tym so jst enjoy each day dat comes to you.
Life is a gift.
U can reach me tru dis email (sylco90@hotmail.co.uk)

just contacted you. check your mail.

applelady:

Hahahahaha, abi oooo? You are not over stepping at all, Ʊ are on †ђξ right track, thanks dear, really touched.

u can also contact me tru d above email address.
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by james1(m): 5:59pm On Sep 20, 2012
It is well!
Take your drugs,live a healthy life and carry on like you don't have the virus,its not easy but try.
Alway's take your petitions to God in prayer and pls remember:don't worry yourself too much,it does not solve a thing and it won't be long before it tell's on your health.
Bless.

1 Like

Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by kwenu: 1:19pm On Sep 22, 2012
Anytime i hear people talking about HIV, i do feel challenged,i i feel like doing something about the virus, such as finding its cure, what is it that God almighty can not reveaL TO MANKind, ?

I do regret not learning science courses in my secondary school days for now i would have enrolled to a university to study medicine and find it cure with the help of God almighty, or i wish someone out there can just come out with the cure.

for i have seen the way people died of the disease, its the most embarrassing way to die.
how if one as a Christians seek Gods face for its cure

I know of a military officer Airforce, rank of captain, a good man,friendly and handsome, when i was growing up as a child , i watch him hold his pistol.may his soul RIP. he died of the disease.i felt sad when i was told he passed away. he still looked healthy , theday before he passed away.

I know of a man who was diagnosed to have cancer, the man left his job,Locked himself up in his room and fasted and prayed to his God for one month, after one month he went for another test and was declared cancer free.

I am saying this, so that u dont forget God

Nairalanders have given you good advice.no matter what u do. ur medical experts advise should u consider
@op sorry to hear about your Predicament, The Lord Shall visit you.
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by diva90: 3:19am On Sep 24, 2012
Jesus Christ, this disease is not a joke. Need to get screened as well.

Lady Winona: I'm sorry that you have to go thru this but like someone said earlier, it's really not the end of the world. I'm a doctor and I've worked in HIV clinic for over a year. All I can tell u now, is that there is still no known cure for HIV so pls don't believe people who will come with their herbal mixtures or pastors claiming they can heal everything, cos we've lost a lot of patients that way. I guess the first thing u shld do is to go to a government hospital and register. There, you would be tested for CD4 count, Full blood count, hepatitis B, kidney function test, liver function test, chest x ray and some might want to rule out tuberculosis. If ur CD4 count is above 350cells/ul, u wld be advised to live a healthy lifestyle with protected sex and all since u won't be needing the drugs yet. If however, it is below that, u will be started on the popular first line drugs which are zidovudine, nevirapine and lamivudine. Now, this is where it gets tricky, if by chance, u fail to take ur drugs regularly or succumb to fraudsters who claim that they can cure HIV hence stopping ur drugs, ur HIV will become resistant to the drUgs u re taking, similar to how malaria is now resistant to chloroquine due to abuse of the drugs, if this happens and I pray that it doesn't, u wld be switched to 2nd line anti HIV drugs which is not only rare and limited to procure but has more side effects. If u fail at that too, then the prognosis is indeed poor as it's safe to say at this point that ur fate is sealed cos the third line drugs are not available in Nigeria and is insanely expensive and not free like the others. Also, apart from the HIV drugs, u need to take septrin daily to ward off some diseases that are linked to AIDS, so it's impt u don't play with that too. Taking my time to tell u this as I'm sure u'll get to know as time goes on. Good luck and God bless.
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by jaybee3(m): 12:59pm On Sep 24, 2012
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by fridayman1: 7:35am On Sep 27, 2012
my friend go on raw vegetarian foods after doing cleansing with grape and lemon juice fast for three days. You then follow the eight laws of natural health which i will list bellow.Confess your sins to God and forgive others that your sins might be forgiven. Clear your heart from doubt and have a positive thinking attitude that Jesus loves you. And that you are wonderfully and fearfully made. He will accept you the way you are. You are going to live and do the bids of Jesus Christ.

There is a better way
If you are willing to change your life style so as to be more in line with the eight
basic laws of health, then there is hope. With a diligent application to these basic laws,
guided by patience and powered by determination, good health is guaranteed,
provided the body is first being cleansed of all its impurities.

The Eight Basic Laws of Good Health

Fresh Air - Full, deep inhalations of pure air fill the lungs with oxygen and purify the blood.

Sunlight - Without warmth, air and sunshine plants would not live and flourish. How much more necessary are these conditions for our own health!

Temperance - An abstemious diet for a month or two would convince many that the path of self denial is the path to health.

Proper Rest - Find rest of spirit in the beauty and quietude and peace of nature. Get enough sleep every night so that rising in the morning does not become a struggle.

Exercise - A great help for digestion. A short walk right after a meal is a great benefit.

Nutrition - The victims of poor cookery are numbered by tens of thousands. Over many graves might be written, "Died of an abused Stomach".Vegetarian meal the best.

Lots of Water - There are many ways in which water can be applied to relieve pain and check disease. An absolute necessity is to drink daily at least 8 eight ounce glasses of pure water (not city water).

Trust in Divine Power - We are not to let the future with its hard problems and unsatisfying prospect make our hearts faint, our knees tremble, our hands hang down. "Let him take hold of My strength," says the mighty one (God), "that he may make peace with Me."

Call or send text to 07055027970, or fridy76@yahoo.com
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by Peter262: 8:25am On Oct 03, 2012
Sorry guy...the scientifical cure of AIDS is available but it is patented in the united states patent and trademark office......i will search for the patent number and give u the cure..take care ur friend peter dis my number 08179121453

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by chrisj2000(m): 4:09pm On Oct 03, 2012
hi poster, HIV is not a problem at all. just take your meds as prescribed and never ever try any herb cos it's not gonna cure u, but rather worsen your situation. i have been HIV+ for more than eight years and never been sick. the benefits of being HIV+ is that the meds will strengthen your immune system and you're less likely to fall sick. i told you before and i'm telling you again ''HIV is not a problem at all'' as long as you keep it secret and take your meds as prescribed. and don't listen to anybody telling you about patented hiv cure medicine. there's no cure for hiv now, although there are many on trial stages, they are not yet approved by FDA. so beware of fraudsters.

3 Likes

Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by renntin: 1:53pm On Oct 04, 2012
Hey OP and everyone. watch these documentaries- I bet you all gonna start asking lots of questions. Cheers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_p-ttLfkZHQ

do your research

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQFxratWh7E
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by ReLaTE(m): 2:17pm On Oct 04, 2012
moyems: Believe in the word of God, that he can heal you and you surely will be healed against all odds. If people truthfully decided to tell you what they face in life, you will know that your situation is better of. Since you have not started medication, my advice is Eat healthy, fast and pray for your healing to come. Remain blessed.
concur,even cancer sufferers prefer to suffer hiv than their predicament.
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by Godsown4: 12:24pm On Oct 25, 2012
My brother is hiv positive. He feels tingling in his body. Any help 4rm a doctor?
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by Godsown4: 12:30pm On Oct 25, 2012
My brother is hiv positive. He feels tingling on his body. Pls doctor help.
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by Airforce11: 7:57pm On Oct 25, 2012
God'sown:
My brother is hiv positive. He feels tingling on his body. Pls doctor help.

How did you know that, he's hiv+. I'm equally positive without any form of tingling in my body. If he is positive has he started taking ARVs. Infact, i ll advise he post his personal feelings here by himself rather than you doing the bidding for him. I'm saying this because there re some questions that may be asked that you may not be able to answer for him. He may use a pseudo name to hide his identity.
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by Rehil(f): 11:24am On Oct 26, 2012
My dear it is well kiss.My elder sister is positive too.She took in for a man,it was when she came to my house to spend sometime with me and she went for antenal that she got to know.Unlike u it wasn't a voluntary tin.She kept it to herself though n scan result revealed she had twins both male in her womb.I felt for her when i discovered,imagine her knowing dis n keeping it to herself all the time smiling as if all is well yet carrying a load too heavy for her.Finally,her labour started n she told us that d first baby was breech so it had to be CS.I was mad but i love my sister!how could she keep d presentation of d baby to herself?guess she wanted to kill herself.When she was to be taken for d CS,i was given a form to sign n since i'm also in d medical line,i saw d result n understood it.Now,she's doing fine with love,support n encouragement.She is a graduate of engineering but not working so the family has to support her.I pray God raise helpers around u.Its not easy but know that God is still incharge.People dat r not positive have left dis world before u!
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by hakunajay(m): 5:52pm On Oct 26, 2012
Rehil: My dear it is well kiss.My elder sister is positive too.She took in for a man,it was when she came to my house to spend sometime with me and she went for antenal that she got to know.Unlike u it wasn't a voluntary tin.She kept it to herself though n scan result revealed she had twins both male in her womb.I felt for her when i discovered,imagine her knowing dis n keeping it to herself all the time smiling as if all is well yet carrying a load too heavy for her.Finally,her labour started n she told us that d first baby was breech so it had to be CS.I was mad but i love my sister!how could she keep d presentation of d baby to herself?guess she wanted to kill herself.When she was to be taken for d CS,i was given a form to sign n since i'm also in d medical line,i saw d result n understood it.Now,she's doing fine with love,support n encouragement.She is a graduate of engineering but not working so the family has to support her.I pray God raise helpers around u.Its not easy but know that God is still incharge.People dat r not positive have left dis world before u!

what is the status of the babies? positive or negative?
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by omega7ky: 3:27pm On Oct 27, 2012
Please I have being having mouth ulcer for a month now....Please what can the cause and what Can I do?
Thank you
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by rhymz(m): 7:15am On Oct 30, 2012
Some people dey look for person wey dem go kill. Poster abeg you O, just continue with the way you are going about it, listen to the real professionals here and the people that have been bold enough to share their own life experiences with you. All these religious zombies telling to fast and at thesame time eat healthy know nothing about the realities of the virus, Mr natural laws is just another sales man trying to advertize his wares, all these pseudo medical ppl will lead one to their grave one day. Abeg take your drugs and leave overzealous and irrational religious beliefs in the name of faith in God, all that tales of miraculous healings 4cking unproven claims and assumptions that could have been staged to hoodwink a religiously gullible congregation. Religion thrives on illogical belief systems, in the game of survival, it will be suicidal to choose faith over the empirical evidence of science. The world today is a testimony of the advancement of science not religious advancement that has brought more strife, exploitatation hate and wars. Take your drugs and don't listen to any religious advice thay will take you off those drugs.
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by Pakavy(m): 9:09pm On Nov 11, 2012
God'sown:
My brother is hiv positive. He feels tingling in his body. Any help 4rm a doctor?
it depends on d drugs he is on.it culd b a side effect of such drug and wit tym his body wuld accomodate such side effect howeva he shuld gulp enough water when poping d caplets
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by Pakavy(m): 9:20pm On Nov 11, 2012
ReLaTE: concur,even cancer sufferers prefer to suffer hiv than their predicament.
infact i have seen a diabetic who wish she had d immune system defiency syndrome than d hormonal system abnormality complications
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by toluwalase2: 5:08pm On Nov 14, 2012
i'm still finding it difficult to believe that I'm HIV positive.I have been told to go to A̶̲̥̅ general hospital F♠Я̩̥̊ a confirmatory test but I don't even know how to go about it.what wl I say I want to do when I get there? please help
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by toluwalase2: 5:13pm On Nov 14, 2012
kindly assist me.I will so much appreciate ur contributions

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11)

This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom / What Coca-cola Does To Your Penis Will Shock You / #NoBraDay Video Of A Busty, Slim Slay Queen With 'Heavy Boobs' Trends On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.