Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,979 members, 7,821,419 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive (110602 Views)

I Am HIV Positive And Illegal Immigrant: Advise Please / How Will I Know If Am Not Hiv Positive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Go Down)

Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by solomon111(m): 6:57pm On Sep 11, 2012
Did it take you more than 3-months or within 3-months?
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by solomon111(m): 6:58pm On Sep 11, 2012
Did it take you more than 3-months or within 3-months to test positive,cos i am confused with the hiv window period?
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by Godjone(m): 7:01pm On Sep 11, 2012
First of all, how u take contact d tin? Secondly, run another test in another hosipital, if posible 2 or 3 2 asertain d fact. Thirdly, who was ur last gal fren or wife? U must contact them immidiately and advice dem 2 go 4 test. Finaly, prayer is capbable of changing situation. Hiv do not kil fast but, personal stigma even kill a patient b4 the virus. Be hapy wit ursef always. Havin h.I.V. Is nt d end of lyf.

4 Likes

Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by na2day(m): 7:02pm On Sep 11, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

So you'd rather he kept quiet?

Sentence others to death to save himself

No!
Definitely not!
All I'm saying is, you cant just run to your partner and blurt out "em madam, i have hiv"
Such news had to be broken gently and with wisdom
Running ASAP to inform is highly inadvisable!

1 Like

Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by mikkyangel(m): 7:02pm On Sep 11, 2012
How about the new Hiv drugs that was lunch here in America some months back? Please doctors in the house expanciate if you know about this.I heard it's very expensive, but it was a break through in Hiv treatment.
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by Chanchit: 7:08pm On Sep 11, 2012
slumcat: may God heal u, amen.
but try n soak/eat alot of garri regularly... it will help in prolonging ur life span.

Moderator, pls ban this imbeci-le.

1 Like

Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by LadyWinona: 7:09pm On Sep 11, 2012
solomon111: Did it take you more than 3-months or within 3-months to test positive,cos i am confused with the hiv window period?
The window period can be described with the following illustration: When one is infected with HIV, the body tries to fight it like it fights other illnesses by producing soldiers specifically manufactured to fight that particular disease. We call these soldiers antibodies. Now, the most common lab test we use here in this country to test for HIV works by detecting these specific 'soldiers' produced by the body to fight HIV which must be up to a certain amount to be detected by the lab test. If Mr A comes in today to test for HIV and is found to be negative, it means two things, it is either that he is not infected with HIV at all or that these soldiers I've described is not up to the quantity needed to be detected by the test strip. For most people, it takes 3 months, hence the reason one is adviced to come back after 3 months cos by then, the soldiers wld be so many that it can now be detected. For some, 6 months and others even longer. If u don't want to wait, there is a more expensive test that can detect the virus itself, so instead of waiting months to recheck, u can do that test that will tell u whether u ve the virus with or without the soldiers being manufactured. I hope that explains it all. Sorry for the lecture, I just love teaching and it's my hope that I become a lecturer once I'm through with specialization

8 Likes

Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by jude33084(m): 7:11pm On Sep 11, 2012
joshuapharm: @op, its HIV, so take ur drugs and live your life. Dont even start pitying urself or think about how it happen. Put urself together and once again live your life.. The cure is coming soon, atleast in my generation. God be with you.

I tire for τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ guy oh! Cancer is even worste ΆŋԂ people living with it still have hope cool

Malaria kills more/faster than HIV. So take ♈☺uЯ tabs ΆŋԂ live ∂ normal life smiley
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by Kelvinj(m): 7:12pm On Sep 11, 2012
Can't remember when someone died of HIV lately anyways sorry man just make sure u keep 2 whatever medication administed 2 u and live ur normal life and ur partner should also go for the same test
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by applelady(f): 7:13pm On Sep 11, 2012
Acidosis:

Please endeavour to start asap..

It is not in my hand †̥☹ start, it is the doctors that has to say when I will start, they said my CD4 is still high, it is when it gets to like 350 that I will start, meanwhile I'm on 'immunace' an immune booster. Acidosis, is it risky cos they wouldn't want to start giving me drug even if I ask them till I get to 350.

2 Likes

Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by andyanders: 7:13pm On Sep 11, 2012
Airforce11: Pls doctors in the house and those who have similar experiences should please advise me on the next step. i went for a comprehensive medical test yesterday (Monday) and was asked to come today for the medical report. i was called in by the doctor and he showed my medical report to me. All other tests are very ok but the HIV screening test is positive. He counselled me aot about the disease and advised i did a confirmatory test. i went to the lab immediately for the confirmatory test and it stil came out positive.

The doctor advised i commence treatment immediately but i have to carry out another test to ascertain my CD4 count before administering treatment. Since after the breaking of the news, i have not gotten myself as i feel i am dying. please, i need some tips on how to manage this disease. SERIOUS CONTRIBUTIONS PLS....

Sorry, there is God that will heal you if you believe in Him. Go to SCOAN Synagogue Church of All Nations and you get delivered.

2 Likes

Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by Nobody: 7:16pm On Sep 11, 2012
no such things as HIV infection. its all a scam for the big pharmaceuticals. your immune system is rundown so try eating raw garlic and raw ginger with each meal and also fresh green vegetable. you will be healed.

1 Like

Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by wandeay: 7:18pm On Sep 11, 2012
Go and use Truvada

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by kaydibs(f): 7:19pm On Sep 11, 2012
misreal: [email][/email]if i wer u i will go on a bleeping rampage cos being hiv is nt de end of de bleeping world smileyif i wer u i will go on a bleeping rampage cos being hiv is nt de end of de bleeping world
plz stop advertising your stupidity

1 Like

Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by solomon111(m): 7:22pm On Sep 11, 2012
Lady Winona: The window period can be described with the following illustration: When one is infected with HIV, the body tries to fight it like it fights other illnesses by producing soldiers specifically manufactured to fight that particular disease. We call these soldiers antibodies. Now, the most common lab test we use here in this country to test for HIV works by detecting these specific 'soldiers' produced by the body to fight HIV which must be up to a certain amount to be detected by the lab test. If Mr A comes in today to test for HIV and is found to be negative, it means two things, it is either that he is not infected with HIV at all or that these soldiers I've described is not up to the quantity needed to be detected by the test strip. For most people, it takes 3 months, hence the reason one is adviced to come back after 3 months cos by then, the soldiers wld be so many that it can now be detected. For some, 6 months and others even longer. If u don't want to wait, there is a more expensive test that can detect the virus itself, so instead of waiting months to recheck, u can do that test that will tell u whether u ve the virus with or without the soldiers being manufactured. I hope that explains it all. Sorry for the lecture, I just love teaching and it's my hope that I become a lecturer once I'm through with specialization
what group of people test beyond 6-months,cos i just checked CDC,and they said 3-6 months.
And what test can give one, a more accurate result,without having to wait.
Is it available in Nigeria?
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by jude33084(m): 7:24pm On Sep 11, 2012
mikkyangel: How about the new Hiv drugs that was lunch here in America some months back? Please doctors in the house expanciate if you know about this.I heard it's very expensive, but it was a break through in Hiv treatment.

I heard it too ßŮϯ O̶̲̥̅̊nE̶̲̥̅̊ na for big guys. I heard its ∂ O̶̲̥̅̊nE̶̲̥̅̊ shot thing ΆŋԂ U̶̲̥̅̊ r Ǧ☺☺ϑ Ť☺ go wink

Americans have τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇i§̤̥̈̊ cure. Vlamir Putin of Rusia ΆŋԂ Tambo Mbeki of South Africa said it years back Ŧħåϯ τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ World should ask America τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ cure because they where τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ O̶̲̥̅̊nE̶̲̥̅̊ Ŧħåϯ manufactured τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ desease. angry
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by LadyWinona: 7:25pm On Sep 11, 2012
andyanders:

Sorry, there is God that will heal you if you believe in Him. Go to SCOAN Synagogue Church of All Nations and you get delivered.
WOW! @op, you will get more of this advice as u go on. Please, I know we are all humans and as a medical personnel, I try not to judge my patients since it's really not my place to do so, but if u re ever tempted to see any Man of God to heal u, pls and pls DON'T EVER STOP UR DRUGS! You will be cajoled and bullied into thinking u re acting out of faith by still taking ur drugs n some might even go ahead to tell u not to go to any hospital to confirm that u re indeed healed and HIV -ve since u will be acting out of faith, hence making God to be angry with u and withdraw his healing. You won't believe the stories we hear and it pains us cos these are patients who were doing so well on their drugs and all of a sudden stopped coming to clinics and taking their drugs cos they were led to believe that they were healed by faith. When next we see them, they re usually almost dead and most never do fully recover cos of resistance and multiple infections that must have taken place. I pray u won't fall victim to this.

5 Likes

Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by Nobody: 7:25pm On Sep 11, 2012
at the doctor in the hiv clinic,you guys dont inform people about pep ,that is post exposure ,if anyone has cause to believe he or she has been exposed,there are drugs you are put onto seventy two hours after exposure,it has to be within sevety two hours.i got this info after watching csi ny,you ciuld save a lot of lives,the fourteen year old boy could have bbeen saved,now he has to spend his life taking toxic drugs,gays should also be informed because they are high risk and most gays are bisexual in nigeria,so the effect will be minimal if less gays and those in the high risk groups are aware of prevetive measures

2 Likes

Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by Galaxydon1(m): 7:25pm On Sep 11, 2012
Go to synagogue. T.b joshua. Thats the only solution.

1 Like

Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by bittyend(m): 7:26pm On Sep 11, 2012
obadiah777: no such things as HIV infection. its all a scam for the big pharmaceuticals. your immune system is rundown so try eating raw garlic and raw ginger with each meal and also fresh green vegetable. you will be healed.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

HIV sure do look like a ponzi scheme. Magic Johnson had that shyte for e-ons, yet that fat nyggah stays getting fat. While Kevin Durant who's HIV free stays getting thinner.

Brother, if Magic Johnson can live through it, you sure can. But please don't be vengeful and accept it as destiny if it's for real. You can still do a lot on this planet and we will all die someday, some don't have HIV, but they died today. And when you feel down, smoke some weed to feel spiritual, it's not the end of the world.

I once lived in a place deemed the HIV capital of London when I was UNI and for the 4 years I spent there(I NEVER MESSED WITH THE GIRLS FROM THERE NOR USED THE BARBERS THERE), I never saw anyone who looks like he/she has got HIV.

I need to thank my stars, I've got more than a century girls that I have serviced, yet I've never had any STDs nor the big man HIV, and I go for checks every three months.

Wear condoms and wear it the right way, God help us all. cool

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by kaydibs(f): 7:27pm On Sep 11, 2012
People live with hiv comfortably these days. All these ignorant talks isn't called for. There are diseases dat are way worse than hiv now. Its not the end of the world. People should get better education concerning stuffs like this
@Airforce dude make sure you always take ur drugs and be try to be happy. Do stuffs dat mak u happy cz how u feel emotionally matters too. One love

2 Likes

Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by adonisgold: 7:27pm On Sep 11, 2012
Na wao. Hmmm. God help us.
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by Nobody: 7:30pm On Sep 11, 2012
The OP is brave to discuss this. Kudos to you.

Well according to southpark, the cure for HIV/AIDS is Thousands of dollars injected directly into the bloodstream.

If you cant find dollars, please use 5000 naira notes...
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by 2rutalk1: 7:32pm On Sep 11, 2012
I think what kill people easily is not the disease but stigmatization. You should first of all get the thought behind you and like someone rightly pointed out, do not go about broadcasting it as people will only succeed in worsening the situation. I also think that the whole thing about HIV is overrated, though it is real, but the name is worse than what it is. You can call it SECONDARY MALNUTRITION and that will give you the courage to cross your mind, eat good food and live your normal life.
Above all, believe in the power of God. There is nothing He cannot do. If He can raise the dead, why can't He (God) cure any type of disease.
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by pendo89(f): 7:32pm On Sep 11, 2012
What about ARV'S plus a good recommended diet to go with the medication?
I see people on ARV'S living a full life, marrying and having kids.
Do not die before ur time.
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by Afam4eva(m): 7:32pm On Sep 11, 2012
HIV is not a death sentence like some people think. It's just a disease like every other disease. Yes, it doesn't have a cure but you can live a long life with it as long as you follow the treatment and regiments. Former NBA star, Magic Johnson has been living with HIV since 1991(22 years) and still looking as healthy as ever. The only thing that can kill someone that has HIV is personal stigma like someone called it. Just live your normal life and everything will be fine.

Goodluck to you
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by bittyend(m): 7:33pm On Sep 11, 2012
jackbauersballs: The OP is brave to discuss this. Kudos to you.

Well according to southpark, the cure for HIV/AIDS is Thousands of dollars injected directly into the bloodstream.

If you cant find dollars, please use 5000 naira notes...

Are you this ignorant or is it the 'balls' in ya mouth?

You have to be the dumbest nyggah alive.

Get ya extraterrestial arse to area 51, and stop disturbing the peace in this bytch. undecided
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by Airforce11: 7:33pm On Sep 11, 2012
I ll continue to appreciate all your comments and contributions as they pour in. I have been a fan on Nairaland but did not know that, they are this loving apart from few who always want to make fun out of every situation not minding how it hurts. I purposely registered as a new member just to hide my identity, i love you all and keep them coming. I'm not based in lagos as some people suggested i visit some places over there. However, the hospital i attend here is capable to handle and manage the illness. Besides, the doctor is a very close friend of mine for years and i confide in him. Your expert advises are also needed to complement that of my doctors especially professionals n also those infected and those who want to learn about the disease.

2 Likes

Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by LadyWinona: 7:34pm On Sep 11, 2012
CDC might say 3 to 6 months but it has been documented that for some people it takes longer than that. We re not all created d same. Personally, I check every 3 months. It's no biggie and it's free. The DNA PCR test is the test that can detect the virus itself, we have that in my center and though it's free, we use it for just babies. @ the poster asking why we didn't give PEP to the 14 year old boy who got infected with infected needles, the boy presented months after the incident occured, it was only after taking a good history that we discovered that the father was a 'chemist' and one of his chores was disposing the needles the father had used during the course of the day. To go on further, the boy is dead now cos while he was doing so well on his drugs, his father had taken him to a spiritualist who after some prayers declared him healed. When next we saw the boy, he was unconscious, half his body size and riddled with infections. Sadly, he didn't make it. The inthing now is PRE-EXPOSURE PROPHYLACTIC drugs, drugs that can be taken by HIV -ve people to protect against getting HIV, u can google that. So, folks, I gotta run, have things to do and will come back later when I'm opportuned

3 Likes

Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by Screwface(m): 7:37pm On Sep 11, 2012
Knowing your CD4 count is the next most important thing for you to do now.
Just like the Doctor in the house rightly pointed out,missing/skiping your drugs when/if the time comes is like signing a death sentence with your own hands.
My advice is,stay healthy at all cost,especially if your CD4 count is still as high as possible,encourage it to stay that way. I once checked a HIV+ carrier's CD4 and it read as high as 2,200 and my best friend who was virus free around 700. If your CD4 is in 'good shape',try live your life as normal as possible. Avoid the avoidables,WEAR condoms when you stll want to have sex and avoid all these petty sickness(malaria),cus it also affects your CD4 level.
If only the HIV virus ain't deadly and cruel,it passes-by as one of the most intelligent thing that has ever crossed the paths of man.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12)

This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom / #NoBraDay Video Of A Busty, Slim Slay Queen With 'Heavy Boobs' Trends On Twitter / What Coca-cola Does To Your Penis Will Shock You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.