Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,727 members, 7,827,648 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:43 PM

Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive (110621 Views)

I Am HIV Positive And Illegal Immigrant: Advise Please / How Will I Know If Am Not Hiv Positive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Go Down)

Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by Nobody: 7:38pm On Sep 11, 2012
at the op,you are in the military?just see this as a battle you have to fight and win,meanwhile educate yourself all the time,may god give you the strenght to win ur wars amen

2 Likes

Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by kinguwem: 7:38pm On Sep 11, 2012
Contributions by doctors in the house are interesting. In addition to the CD4 count, other tests such as the full blood count, renal function test and liver function test are necessary. Good food, personal hygiene and rest is vital. Cure for HIV infection has been achieved after bone marrow transplantations in USA and Germany. Despite the break through, cure may not be available for most patients because the procedure is expensive and require skilled man power which is not readily available. The best cure for HIV infection lies in the prevention of the disease. The disease can be prevented by abstinence, mutual fidelity, avoidance of unprotected sexual intercourse, safe blood transfusion services and use of sterilized equipment. Prevention of mother to child transmission (PMTCT) during pregnancy, labour and puerperium is very important in reducing the incidence of the disease.

1 Like

Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by Nobody: 7:39pm On Sep 11, 2012
bittyend:

[s]Are you this ignorant or is it the 'balls' in ya mouth?

You have to be the dumbest nyggah alive.

Get ya extraterrestial arse to area 51, and stop disturbing the peace in this bytch. undecided[/s]

Horsetalk undecided
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by bittyend(m): 7:43pm On Sep 11, 2012
jackbauersballs:

Horsetalk undecided

'Balls' a.rse receiver. undecided
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by Princek12(m): 7:43pm On Sep 11, 2012
I heard smoking igbo helps to boost the appetite of HIV + patients.

Eat very well.

Join a support group, preferably one that focuses on HIV+ individuals.
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by Nobody: 7:44pm On Sep 11, 2012
I've heard that HIV does not necessarily become AIDS...

Can anyone explain or expand on this?
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by FindOut(m): 7:47pm On Sep 11, 2012
applelady:

It is not in my hand †̥☹ start, it is the doctors that has to say when I will start, they said my CD4 is still high, it is when it gets to like 350 that I will start, meanwhile I'm on 'immunace' an immune booster. Acidosis, is it risky cos they wouldn't want to start giving me drug even if I ask them till I get to 350.

Dont be in a rush & this might sound funny, but Congratulations. I pray ur CD4 count never drops to 400 or even 350, as to warrant commencement of the ARVs. Keep following your doctors advice & adhere strictly to ur immune booster drug dose. As you are right now (i stand corrected though), you are likely far healthier than several people who are HIV negative and believe nothing is wrong with them.

So, dont be in a rush to start the drugs till your doctor says so. & by God's grace, even before it gets to that stage, a readily available n effective cure will have been found.

@OP, they've said it all. Many HIV patients are still alive and very healthy today. I'll like to believe you are in good health presently & npt having any complaints. Take good care of yourself so it'll remain that way.
-Tell as few people as possible. Preferably only those you've slept with recently (ur partner inclusive) & FEW close family members.

-Many HIV patients suffer more as a result of psychological distress. Don't let that be your portion. Give thanks to God wen u wake up each day & make the day as wonderful as it can be. No brooding or lamenting or regretting o. What's happened has happened, & the only way it would adversely affect the original lofty goals you've set for urself is if you allow it to. Don't let that happen. Find other HIV+ individuals who are doing well (ur doc should help in this regard) & interact with them constantly.

-Dont allow any i.d.iot to deceive you that there's one cure in one church or one mosque or one tradomedical place. U'll damage yourself more physically, financially n emotionally.

-Be prayerful though. Keep ur faith n trust in God. There's a reason why some HIV victims are doing fine & some are suffering, & its not everythn the doctors can explain.

You have a problem, but with ur co-operation & God's assistance, it can be managed.

1 Like

Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by Afam4eva(m): 7:48pm On Sep 11, 2012
jackbauersballs: I've heard that HIV does not necessarily become AIDS...

Can anyone explain or expand on this?
A child will eventually become an adult one day.
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by Nobody: 7:51pm On Sep 11, 2012
at the doctors,why dont you give those the high risk group pep,or those exposed,why only babies,other countries do,and why is there zero information about this in nigeria?
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by bittyend(m): 7:51pm On Sep 11, 2012
afam4eva:
A child will eventually become an adult one day.

That nyggah sucks 'balls' in everything.

He's about 49 but just too re.tarded.
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by dreu2fine(m): 7:55pm On Sep 11, 2012
Bros no cos for alarm,cure de ,try visit synague,
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by solomon111(m): 7:55pm On Sep 11, 2012
Lady Winona: CDC might say 3 to 6 months but it has been documented that for some people it takes longer than that. We re not all created d same. Personally, I check every 3 months. It's no biggie and it's free. The DNA PCR test is the test that can detect the virus itself, we have that in my center and though it's free, we use it for just babies. @ the poster asking why we didn't give PEP to the 14 year old boy who got infected with infected needles, the boy presented months after the incident occured, it was only after taking a good history that we discovered that the father was a 'chemist' and one of his chores was disposing the needles the father had used during the course of the day. To go on further, the boy is dead now cos while he was doing so well on his drugs, his father had taken him to a spiritualist who after some prayers declared him healed. When next we saw the boy, he was unconscious, half his body size and riddled with infections. Sadly, he didn't make it. The inthing now is PRE-EXPOSURE PROPHYLACTIC drugs, drugs that can be taken by HIV -ve people to protect against getting HIV, u can google that. So, folks, I gotta run, have things to do and will come back later when I'm opportuned
now you are scaring people.
You mean there is no maximum window period?
Na wa o.
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by bola4dprec(m): 7:59pm On Sep 11, 2012
There are moments when troubles enter
our lives and we can do nothing to avoid
them. But they are there for a reason. Only
when we have overcome them will we understand why they were there

4 Likes

Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by xpensive05: 7:59pm On Sep 11, 2012
The doctor knows best he alone can help you out pending on your situation and how long it has been in your blood. be confident, feel free to live a normal life....aids dnt really kill anymore rather people lill themselves nowadays...good luck
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by Ironi: 8:00pm On Sep 11, 2012
So you people cannot see that this is another hoax.
I read one or two responds of the so-called HIV guy to know his claim is just another HIV 419.

Hehehehehehe, Nigerians scamming themselves, na wa oo. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by unanghope: 8:05pm On Sep 11, 2012
Chanchit:

Moderator, pls ban this imbeci-le.
am in support ban him now! Please moderator we ned dis guy out frm nairaland
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by kariolality: 8:06pm On Sep 11, 2012
obadiah777: no such things as HIV infection. its all a scam for the big pharmaceuticals. your immune system is rundown so try eating raw garlic and raw ginger with each meal and also fresh green vegetable. you will be healed.
Agreed..When the immune system is low,it is called HIV..

1 Like

Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by Chimerase(m): 8:07pm On Sep 11, 2012
amosy007: Now am scared lipsrsealed
bros u get am?
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by FindOut(m): 8:08pm On Sep 11, 2012
Ironi: So you people cannot see that this is another hoax.
I read one or two responds of the so-called HIV guy to know his claim is just another HIV 419.

Hehehehehehe, Nigerians scamming themselves, na wa oo. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

I salute your reasoning capability as displayed in this post. It is indeed worthy of emulation not by aspiring intellectuals, but probably by nursery school pupils aiming to get into Primary 1. I hope dis was just a slip & not a showcase of how you view issues generally in life. This is not a typical romance section story (some of which are indeed true btw) where you begin to play detective.

What if the OP's claim is true? Go to the Gen Hospital laboratory nearest to you and ask them how many patients have tested positive to HIV dis week alone. I assure you, you'll be SHOCKED. Several people are in the OP's shoes but are too scared to speak out. Profer advice if you have any or simply read n learn. If the entire thread just doesnt appeal to you, just ignore it.

The person who said ''say what is good or keep quiet'' was a very wise man.

3 Likes

Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by rapu4real: 8:08pm On Sep 11, 2012
God is d ultimate cure for all illnesses.will urge u 2 av absolute and unrelentless faith in him.u r blessed.

1 Like

Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by solomon111(m): 8:10pm On Sep 11, 2012
kariolality: Agreed..When the immune system is low,it is called HIV..
do you think it is only hiv that affects the immune system?.
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by buchibabe: 8:11pm On Sep 11, 2012
@ poster. D lord is ur strength.
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by 19naia(m): 8:15pm On Sep 11, 2012
One of the most successful breakthrough drugs for HIV/Aids came out in the 1990´s..This drug was based on the study of a man who had the virus and went to doctor,the doctor never put him on drugs because the HIV never progressed to any significant level.The doctor noticed so much time passed and the man never progressed into the disease or moved any where towards the disease troubling him...The doctor asked to study his unique case and found his immune system had a unique feature that did not allow the virus to compromise him,it would try to take over his immune system and be blocked..The doctors went to laboratory to create the drug that mimicked this mans unique trait and developed one of the first drugs that made it possible to live with HIV and not face the former 10year life span rating...many drugs have come improved since then and a few people have in fact fully recovered from the virus ,testing negative..I would say that the people fully recovered have special intervention of their own nature or higher powere
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by solomon111(m): 8:20pm On Sep 11, 2012
Seriously,all these things just de-emphasize the essence of sex.
It is not worth having sex,anymore.
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by benzion72(m): 8:21pm On Sep 11, 2012
I just want to let you know it is not the end of the world. Some have killed themselves through fear and panic and not HIV itself, malaria still kill more people than HIV and if you read your history book well before they found drug for malaria it killed more white people than malaria.
Having said that I want you to know that all things are possible to him that believe. Remember the story of lazaruz in the Bible he was dead and buried for four days. But he came alive when the resurrection and life come on stage. Your case is the simplest if only you believe. There is still balm in Gilead and healing is for the children of the kingdom. Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever more. I was diagnosed with kidney problem and I went to the church of the the bishop the "slapper". He administer anointing oil saying it is the rod of God that swallow the rod of the wicked ones like moses rod swallow the Egyptian rods. I drank up till tomorrow the kidney problem has vanished. Men there is power of God that can deliver today.
My final advise take your maintance drug and seek a fourth dimension solution through the great physician

1 Like

Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by solomon111(m): 8:21pm On Sep 11, 2012
Seriously,all these things just de-emphasize the essence of sex.
Sex is no longer worth it.
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by femary3: 8:21pm On Sep 11, 2012
Airforce11: Pls doctors in the house and those who have similar experiences should please advise me on the next step. i went for a comprehensive medical test yesterday (Monday) and was asked to come today for the medical report. i was called in by the doctor and he showed my medical report to me. All other tests are very ok but the HIV screening test is positive. He counselled me aot about the disease and advised i did a confirmatory test. i went to the lab immediately for the confirmatory test and it stil came out positive.

The doctor advised i commence treatment immediately but i have to carry out another test to ascertain my CD4 count before administering treatment. Since after the breaking of the news, i have not gotten myself as i feel i am dying. please, i need some tips on how to manage this disease. SERIOUS CONTRIBUTIONS PLS....
HIV is a scam.Believe it or not.Its the trauma that kill people.If you can take your mind off it ,i bet you will live a normal live.I learnt there was a time everybody that went to UCH Ibadan was tested positive.Its all scam.If you had not gone for this thing ,i bet you will be living your normal life without any problem.Now you have gone for it.
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by DeWisedon(m): 8:25pm On Sep 11, 2012
U dey form james bond nd na wetin mak u go dey knack skin 2 skin abi.u get luck say e neva enta AIDS,if nt ur name 4 bcome sorry.notin stil bad shaa,ma advice nw is 4 u 2 repent nd follow Christ
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by lookmangiw(m): 8:26pm On Sep 11, 2012
[quote
author=na2day!]@ Op
Are you married? do you have kids?
If you do, kindly send them for screening too, to know their status.
You can go to NIMR (Nigerian Institute Of Medical Research) in yaba,
they have a department for this and a very effective support group,
Don't ask me how i know, the H.O.D is my friend! wink
You will get the drugs for free.[/quote]op, get closer to this guy, he is surely taking from experience.

1 Like

Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by habayommy: 8:36pm On Sep 11, 2012
The last time i had myself checked was last year October. That day no easy o . I nearly run mad even b4 i hear my result. Planning τ̅☺ go for another.
OP, just do right thing. The lord is your [size=15pt]MUSCLE[/size]
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by Nobody: 8:36pm On Sep 11, 2012
Its not the end of the world.......get registered,take your drugs religiously..dont listen to all those herbal practitioners,they are fraudsters .....and dont let it weigh you down,God is your refuge..
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by paris10: 8:38pm On Sep 11, 2012
Lady Winona: It really doesn't matter how it happens. Surprisingly, it is the married ones that are more affected and most of the single males that come to the clinic are gays. Occasionally, u'll see a few that got it via blood transfusion and needle pricks like this 14 year old boy who contracted it while disposing the needles used by his father who is a local patent medicine dealer. A couple presented some months back, and the woman who was HIV -ve at the time married the man despite knowing that he was HIV +ve, she's also positive now with 2 kids. Lots of stories, lots of people, all with one problem... I guess, I must confess that after working with them and seeing how optimistic and happy they are, having accepted their situation and yet finding it in them to move on and live their lives right, I've learnt to take every problem that comes my way with the same grace and attitude. I really do pray that the cure comes out in our life time, but until then, be HAPPY

Hello doctor, whilst I appreciate your contributions to this post, I also offer my support to the @poster. I'd however love to draw everyone attention to this fact but very controversial theory.

I am not a conspiracy theorist but would certainly be labelled one at the end of this post. Most deadly diseases are created with the view to making profits on it cure (antidote). Now to the facts, the United states medical research institute and the Federal government science programmes are institutes created for experimentation with the view to achieving clear goals- getting rid of third world nations; using them as experiments and in-turn making profits from the monsters created.

HIV already has a cure. HIV wasn't first cited in Africa but in the US. It was experimented on a volunteering individual who later flew to Africa to infect people with it. This individual flew back to the US and had his HIV cured by the antidote produced within the institute. You want proof, my next post!

Other killer diseases were also transported to Africa, and now our govts are using billions of dollars to buy the cure from those that invented them in the first place. This is called marketing-strategy. We've been for far too long defrauded and believed to have this disease that is "incurable".

This is the new world order. Powers that controls the world. Powers that want to get rid of the "undesirables", we the Africans from the face of the earth. But for this to be accomplished, they have to sacrifice their own.

HIV antidote would be on the market in the next few years, and then a new deadly disease would be invented.

Now to the "we have to pray" thing, don't even bother. It either God cures you or you wait until the cure comes to the shelve.

And to the fraudsters who thinks we're all gullible Nigerians, we know them by names. Ayefele is still cripple!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12)

This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom / #NoBraDay Video Of A Busty, Slim Slay Queen With 'Heavy Boobs' Trends On Twitter / What Coca-cola Does To Your Penis Will Shock You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.