Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:08 AM

Ladies : Will You Date Or Marry A Man Who Earns Less Than You? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies : Will You Date Or Marry A Man Who Earns Less Than You? (2303 Views)

LADIES! What Job Or Profession Of A Man Can Make You Not Date Or Marry Him?? / Photos: Guys Can You Date This Beatiful Damsel? / Can U Date Or Marry An Albino? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ladies : Will You Date Or Marry A Man Who Earns Less Than You? by acidtalk: 8:41pm On Sep 11, 2012
Saw the below on a blog and just curious to know what our ladies think about it.

TLC's Chilli was a guest on a TV show recently and they asked her if she could ever date a man who earns less than her. Her response below...
“I’m very picky, I guess you want to call it that. Here’s my issue with ‘dating down’ – it sounds bad, it makes us seem shallow - the problem with dating down I think that for a female, no matter how much money you make or not, every woman wants to feel like a princess, you know. I don’t look for a guy to pay my bills, I can pay my own bills. I can do a lot of things for myself. Thank God I’ve been blessed. But I would love to go on a date with a guy and he pays for it or we go on a trip together and - if I have to pay half then I need to go on that trip with my girlfriend, not a dude. I’m just saying.
What do you think of her response?
Re: Ladies : Will You Date Or Marry A Man Who Earns Less Than You? by ATMC(f): 9:32pm On Sep 11, 2012
...so long he understands dt most of my actions and reactions has nothing to do with my pay and doesn't read meanings into them, then i will...but u know often times d above is inevitable. On a second thought i will so long his situation is not permanent
Re: Ladies : Will You Date Or Marry A Man Who Earns Less Than You? by acidtalk: 10:41pm On Sep 11, 2012
hmmmmm @ not permanent.
Re: Ladies : Will You Date Or Marry A Man Who Earns Less Than You? by KateSpade(f): 4:52am On Sep 12, 2012
Chili is a forever alone. I watched her show a few times. She is a hypocrite.

No problem making me money, because I plan on spending more.
Re: Ladies : Will You Date Or Marry A Man Who Earns Less Than You? by Nobody: 5:11am On Sep 12, 2012
Gosh, I hope this is not my portion lipsrsealed
Re: Ladies : Will You Date Or Marry A Man Who Earns Less Than You? by slimyem: 6:31am On Sep 12, 2012
i dunno...
Its a really big deal!
Re: Ladies : Will You Date Or Marry A Man Who Earns Less Than You? by Sijo01(f): 8:28am On Sep 12, 2012
Hmmm! undecided.
Re: Ladies : Will You Date Or Marry A Man Who Earns Less Than You? by acidtalk: 9:18am On Sep 12, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
Gosh, I hope this is not my portion lipsrsealed

He might be making less but still able to satisfy your financial needs.making less doesn't make him a pauper.

Some men make less than their wives but their take home package every month is N1.2m. Does that make him a poor man?
Re: Ladies : Will You Date Or Marry A Man Who Earns Less Than You? by acidtalk: 9:19am On Sep 12, 2012
slimyem: i dunno...
Its a really big deal!

If he makes less but a generous giver and loving husband. Trust me you won't notice he makes less than you do.
Re: Ladies : Will You Date Or Marry A Man Who Earns Less Than You? by acidtalk: 9:20am On Sep 12, 2012
Sijo01: Hmmm! undecided.

Let it cross your mind from time to time so you will knoe how to deal with such situations when they surface.
Re: Ladies : Will You Date Or Marry A Man Who Earns Less Than You? by slimyem: 9:42am On Sep 12, 2012
acidtalk:

If he makes less but a generous giver and loving husband. Trust me you won't notice he makes less than you do.
its not about who gives what..or what is given..
Its more about finding submission hard...i always like my man better than me in most ways and in charge!
Re: Ladies : Will You Date Or Marry A Man Who Earns Less Than You? by Creamychic(f): 9:44am On Sep 12, 2012
acidtalk:

I absolutely agree. As important as money is, it cannot replace the satisfaction that comes with having a loving, caring and hardworking husband.
Re: Ladies : Will You Date Or Marry A Man Who Earns Less Than You? by Nobody: 11:37pm On Sep 12, 2012
acidtalk:

He might be making less but still able to satisfy your financial needs.making less doesn't make him a pauper.

Some men make less than their wives but their take home package every month is N1.2m. Does that make him a poor man?

I guess you're right.

It depends on the margin difference.
Re: Ladies : Will You Date Or Marry A Man Who Earns Less Than You? by acidtalk: 11:56pm On Sep 12, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

I guess you're right.

It depends on the margin difference.

As well as the high taste or frugality of the partner involved.
Re: Ladies : Will You Date Or Marry A Man Who Earns Less Than You? by Nobody: 11:59pm On Sep 12, 2012
It's no biggie, just that, as that slim chick said; submission may be an issue.
Re: Ladies : Will You Date Or Marry A Man Who Earns Less Than You? by Nobody: 12:17am On Sep 13, 2012
Well my mom makes more than my dad but its no biggie, people forget that nothing is permanent even that high paying job he could get sacked tomorrow and earn nothing but anyway i'd like to earn more than my future wife since Pay is yardstick for respect in Marriage.
Re: Ladies : Will You Date Or Marry A Man Who Earns Less Than You? by Mynd44: 4:09am On Sep 13, 2012
Another over-rated characteristics in a dream man. Most of the female that said they can are actually Christians and Muslims and I guess they missed the part where the woman was a "help-mate" the their spouse. What's the big deal here? Even if you are a billionaire and the dude is jobless so?
I know a couple which the guy is a clerk and the wife fries puff puff at night at a busy street corner, the proceeds from the puff puff a week is more than what the husband makes a month but that is not a problem for them as the guy even helps her out when he finishes at work. Now that is a man and a woman who understands that how much you make is inconsequential its about running the home

1 Like

Re: Ladies : Will You Date Or Marry A Man Who Earns Less Than You? by Goldieluks: 4:36am On Sep 13, 2012
^^^Goes to show that they understand themselves and are able to manage their situation very well.

But it is diverse with humans, and in cases where the woman earns more than the man. A time would come, no matter how humble the said woman presents herself, she'd get fed up and start imagining things, asking questions, most of which would be rhetorical, wishing and hoping she earns less than the man. Some women might even go ahead to pour abuses and insults on the man. Do you blame such women? Whenever things are not done the normal way, abnormality prevails. The man is meant to be the provider, and the woman a supporter.
Re: Ladies : Will You Date Or Marry A Man Who Earns Less Than You? by Idowuogbo(f): 4:40am On Sep 13, 2012
^ u no go school? U just dey apply comma everywhere like mascara. My friend! Modify dat shyte.
Re: Ladies : Will You Date Or Marry A Man Who Earns Less Than You? by Mynd44: 4:47am On Sep 13, 2012
ID how far nah?
Re: Ladies : Will You Date Or Marry A Man Who Earns Less Than You? by Idowuogbo(f): 4:50am On Sep 13, 2012
Mynd_44: ID how far nah?
100Km away...
Mynd, u seriously need sleep deliverance.haba! U go wound oo!!
Re: Ladies : Will You Date Or Marry A Man Who Earns Less Than You? by Goldieluks: 5:05am On Sep 13, 2012
Idowuogbo: ^ u no go school? U just dey apply comma everywhere like mascara. My friend! Modify dat shyte.

Miss mistake finder. From spellings to punctuation mark. Pfft!
Re: Ladies : Will You Date Or Marry A Man Who Earns Less Than You? by Mynd44: 5:08am On Sep 13, 2012
Idowuogbo:
100Km away...
Mynd, u seriously need sleep deliverance.haba! U go wound oo!!
I wish I could sleep. I have tried everything from counting 1-1000000 tostressing myself out before hitting the hay
Re: Ladies : Will You Date Or Marry A Man Who Earns Less Than You? by Nobody: 5:14am On Sep 13, 2012
Mynd_44:
I wish I could sleep. I have tried everything from counting 1-1000000 tostressing myself out before hitting the hay

You might want to try melatonin. It can help. smiley
Re: Ladies : Will You Date Or Marry A Man Who Earns Less Than You? by Nobody: 5:17am On Sep 13, 2012
Oh...and @topic, sure!
Re: Ladies : Will You Date Or Marry A Man Who Earns Less Than You? by DExplorer1: 5:17am On Sep 13, 2012
Mynd_44: Another over-rated characteristics in a dream man. Most of the female that said they can are actually Christians and Muslims and I guess they missed the part where the woman was a "help-mate" the their spouse. What's the big deal here? Even if you are a billionaire and the dude is jobless so?
I know a couple which the guy is a clerk and the wife fries puff puff at night at a busy street corner, the proceeds from the puff puff a week is more than what the husband makes a month but that is not a problem for them as the guy even helps her out when he finishes at work. Now that is a man and a woman who understands that how much you make is inconsequential its about running the home
I endorse this post
Re: Ladies : Will You Date Or Marry A Man Who Earns Less Than You? by obowunmi(m): 5:25am On Sep 13, 2012
Ladies: if he makes less, is faithful to you (hasn't slept with all his co-workers, your friends), and supports you...you better date, marry, and love him.

Money is no guarantee of happiness. Many women managing rich men that have slept with all their close friends and secretary but you can't sit there and call that a relationship.
Re: Ladies : Will You Date Or Marry A Man Who Earns Less Than You? by obowunmi(m): 5:27am On Sep 13, 2012
The TLC babe is on a long thing....batteries on her dil,do will soon run out.
Re: Ladies : Will You Date Or Marry A Man Who Earns Less Than You? by Mynd44: 5:31am On Sep 13, 2012
talina:

You might want to try melatonin. It can help. smiley
I have something against using medication to sleep. I might not be able to get any sleep without them
Re: Ladies : Will You Date Or Marry A Man Who Earns Less Than You? by Nobody: 6:16am On Sep 13, 2012
Mynd_44:
I have something against using medication to sleep. I might not be able to get any sleep without them

Its not medication. Google it for more info wink
Re: Ladies : Will You Date Or Marry A Man Who Earns Less Than You? by Mynd44: 6:20am On Sep 13, 2012
talina:

kk. I will
Re: Ladies : Will You Date Or Marry A Man Who Earns Less Than You? by Mynd44: 6:23am On Sep 13, 2012
talina:

I just did and I will try getting a drug that contains it from the pharmacy though I doubt they will sell one to me without a prescription
#NAFDAC thingz

(1) (2) (Reply)

Married Woman Arrested After Sleeping With Daughter’s 14-year-old Ex-boyfriend / 5 Types Of ladies Who Aren’t In Relationships / Man Attempts To Commit Suicide Because He Was Forced To Marry An Ugly Bride

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.