Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,450 members, 7,819,662 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

Would You Tell Your Friend?? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Tell Your Friend?? (1401 Views)

Share Your Friend Zone Story. / 13 Signs Your Friend Is In Love With You / How Do You Tell A Girl That You Love Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Tell Your Friend?? by Nobody: 3:06am On Sep 13, 2012
Would You Tell Your Friend If Their Spouse Or
Boyfriend/girlfriend Was Cheating On Them?
Re: Would You Tell Your Friend?? by Mynd44: 3:50am On Sep 13, 2012
I would rather create a situation where he gets to catch her in the act

1 Like

Re: Would You Tell Your Friend?? by Nobody: 8:05am On Sep 13, 2012
Mynd_44: I would rather create a situation where he gets to catch her in the act
In order to achieve what exactly?
@OP, I wouldn't know, but I guess it would depend on a lot of other variable factors.

1 Like

Re: Would You Tell Your Friend?? by Mynd44: 8:32am On Sep 13, 2012
The reason being that I would not want to be the one to tell my best find such a thing and uf such opportunity does not come up, I will leave her and the girl to their wahala
Re: Would You Tell Your Friend?? by DExplorer1: 9:12am On Sep 13, 2012
Let him find out and stop being mushy.
Re: Would You Tell Your Friend?? by vivianc(f): 9:13am On Sep 13, 2012
NO! Her relationship is her business. I will only give her a shoulder to cry on when she finds out (not through me) and comes crying!
Re: Would You Tell Your Friend?? by k2039: 9:59am On Sep 13, 2012
Yes. A friendship isn't worthy being called a "friendship" without honesty.
Re: Would You Tell Your Friend?? by Nobody: 11:05am On Sep 13, 2012
Mynd_44: The reason being that I would not want to be the one to tell my best find such a thing and uf such opportunity does not come up, I will leave her and the girl to their wahala
Exactly. Ignorance is bliss.
Re: Would You Tell Your Friend?? by Mynd44: 3:34pm On Sep 13, 2012
k2039: Yes. A friendship isn't worthy being called a "friendship" without honesty.
But what happens when that "honesty" might cost you your life?
Re: Would You Tell Your Friend?? by toygod2: 5:31pm On Sep 13, 2012
I would encourage her to continue grin grin, nd evn ask if i can get my own share. hahahaah
Re: Would You Tell Your Friend?? by Nobody: 5:56pm On Sep 13, 2012
linda_1:
Would You Tell Your Best Friend If Their Spouse Or
Boyfriend/girlfriend Was Cheating On Them?
maturity is the ability not to tell a lie but also not to tell the truth. grin grin
there are ways you can systematically pass the message to your best friend, but then again it depends on how close you guys are or have been

sometimes there are friends that are closer than brothers, and in such scenario you just have to find a way to let your friend/brother know.

here is an example.
back then in school there were these two friends i knew.
they were very close and practically inseperable.
it so happened that friend A was dating a girl close by, while friend B knew all about it, and he knew how serious his friend was about the girl.

but friend A graduated before friend B, and after a while, the girl started misbehaving with other guys.
at first friend B wanted to keep quiet and allow fate take care of things, but it was obvious that his friend was really inlove with this girl.
so friend B trying to protect his friends interest, called the girl and spoke with her concerning what he was hearing, but she denied, that she wasn't cheating on his friend.
well as time went buy the evidence became glaring and friend B was left with no option than to tell his friend.
so on that fateful day when friend B visited the girl in school from his base in PH. he took them both to their favourite joint, and in front of the girl
said everything, and opened the can of worms.
the girl was shocked and couldn't deny any longer, cos of the overwhelming proof against her.

eventually they broke up,
and friend A was grateful that his friend protected him from what would have been a disaster.

so if truely he is my best friend, then i would in the most tactical way possible let him know what is going on
Re: Would You Tell Your Friend?? by k2039: 7:01pm On Sep 13, 2012
Mynd_44:
But what happens when that "honesty" might cost you your life?
Honesty is part of my value system,so it doesnt realy matter.
Re: Would You Tell Your Friend?? by ATMC(f): 6:44am On Sep 16, 2012
There's no need...she definitely will find out with time. Meanwhile i had a similar experience...my very good friend was about getting married and she felt i should talk with her fiancee and she's been praising me b4 d guy. So when we went to see him, she left us alone and i began by telling him dt he's got a fine girl and he told me dt she's not fine and i said is it not her looks dt first got u attracted to her, he shocked me...he said she 'toasted' him and is forcing him to marry her!! I changed d discussion to 'so u guys r saying we should come on dt day and eat our fill...another shocker!...he said 'that's if d marriage will hold and dt his heart is with someone else' . Afterwards, she wanted to hear what we discussed and i said something else. When i's discussing it with my sister, she thinks d guy wanted me to tell cos he knows am his fiancee's good friend and still told me all dt. She thinks also dt i should tell her but i couldn't cos she's pregnant and wants to marry him...they got married afterall, at d wedding it was glaring he's not into her but i pray the situation changes with time. D main reason i didn't tell her is, she may misunderstand me cos she's into him and that may lead to enmity...and i don't want that. So if d relationship is complicated i wont tell else i might try to say it in a tactful way...
Re: Would You Tell Your Friend?? by MyneWhite1(f): 3:08pm On Sep 16, 2012
Depends how close we are
Re: Would You Tell Your Friend?? by Nobody: 5:35pm On Sep 16, 2012
ATMC: There's no need...she definitely will find out with time. Meanwhile i had a similar experience...my very good friend was about getting married and she felt i should talk with her fiancee and she's been praising me b4 d guy. So when we went to see him, she left us alone and i began by telling him dt he's got a fine girl and he told me dt she's not fine and i said is it not her looks dt first got u attracted to her, he shocked me...he said she 'toasted' him and is forcing him to marry her!! I changed d discussion to 'so u guys r saying we should come on dt day and eat our fill...another shocker!...he said 'that's if d marriage will hold and dt his heart is with someone else' . Afterwards, she wanted to hear what we discussed and i said something else. When i's discussing it with my sister, she thinks d guy wanted me to tell cos he knows am his fiancee's good friend and still told me all dt. She thinks also dt i should tell her but i couldn't cos she's pregnant and wants to marry him...they got married afterall, at d wedding it was glaring he's not into her but i pray the situation changes with time. D main reason i didn't tell her is, she may misunderstand me cos she's into him and that may lead to enmity...and i don't want that. So if d relationship is complicated i wont tell else i might try to say it in a tactful way...

Interesting story, I kinda agreed with you...I think I wouldn't tell my friend I would let her find out on her own! you can put yourself in a big problem for open your mouth and sometimes she won't believe you and think you're trying to break her relationship bc you jealous or interested in her man... grin

1 Like

Re: Would You Tell Your Friend?? by Nobody: 5:41pm On Sep 16, 2012
In these situations, there's usually an opportune moment when one needs to tell a friend. If that moment doesn't come, then I won't tell. When some people are in love, they can't differentiate between what's good for them and what's poisoning them. If you try and tell them prematurely, they may become angry at you and you'll lose that person as a friend. Sometimes it's best that they learn those lessons on their own.

1 Like

Re: Would You Tell Your Friend?? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Sep 16, 2012
ogugua88: In these situations, there's usually an opportune moment when one needs to tell a friend. If that moment doesn't come, then I won't tell. When some people are in love, they can't differentiate between what's good for them and what's poisoning them. If you try and tell them prematurely, they may become angry at you and you'll lose that person as a friend. Sometimes it's best that they learn those lessons on their own.

agreed smiley
Re: Would You Tell Your Friend?? by JallowBah(f): 2:31am On Nov 25, 2012
If my closest friends knew my husband was cheating, and did not tell me, and I later found out about both..They would no longer be my friends, he would no longer be my husband.

I would tell my friend, absolutely. But I would also be 100% sure before talking.

(1) (Reply)

Should I Just Let Go And Move On Or Fight For Him? / How Often Is Ur Should Ur Boyfriend Call In A Day? / Reasons Why Some African Ladies End Up Single For Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.