Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,611 members, 7,827,300 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:20 AM

Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? (23812 Views)

Jesus Way Of Praying/christians Way Of Praying, Which Of These Is More Accurate / "God Particle" Found Is Science Attempting To Mock God? / Why Is Science And Reasoning Such A Bad Thing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by mkmyers45(m): 8:46am On Sep 17, 2012
ijawkid:

Deep down u knw how old d bible is and for hw long it has survived.....

U shuld know.....or shuld I tell u??

I am asking kindly..WHO wrote the book of Job and when?
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by truthislight: 8:58am On Sep 17, 2012
mkmyers45: Genesis 11:1-9 The Tower of Babel
1 Now the whole world had one
language and a common speech.
2 As men moved eastward, they found a plain in Shinar and settled there.
3 They said to each other, "Come, let's make bricks and bake them
thoroughly." They used brick instead of stone, and tar for mortar.
4 Then they said, "Come, let us build ourselves a city, with a tower that reaches to the heavens, so that we may make a name for ourselves and
not be scattered over the face of the whole earth."
5 But the LORD came down to see the city and the tower that the men were building. 6 The LORD said, "If as one people speaking the same language they have begun to do this, then nothing they plan to do will be impossible for them. 7 Come, let us go down and confuse their language so they will not understand each other."
8 So the LORD scattered them from
there over all the earth, and they
stopped building the city. 9 That is why it was called Babel —
because there the LORD confused the language of the whole world. From there the LORD scattered them over the
face of the whole earth. Not only these verses are seriously very insulting to the Almighty because they present Him as a GOD who feared men, but they also reveal a very serious scientific blunder through suggesting that the earth is both flat and sitting still in the universe

expanse above = heaven depending on context.
Psalm 103:11.
Proverbs 25:3.
Isaiah 55:9
Gen 7:11
all refers to expanse above.

How and why should you imagine that the book that says that the earth is hanging on nothing was referring to God's throne?

the people had the intention of getting to heaven to see God and not that God had asked them to build the tower.
They had a wrong knowledge.
What they did was not God instruction.

The Vers only shows that if something is not done to stop them nothing will stop them from forging ahead in their vain pursuit of seeing God.
This was in position to God's express command to man to populate the whole earth and not to gather at a place(tower)

the king nimrod was a HATER of God and was doing things in position to God the bible says.

Try another.

3 Likes

Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by truthislight: 9:02am On Sep 17, 2012
mkmyers45: Oga mi no vex o but i am not a catholic o..poince of colection

good,

you have express yourself.
And that means you are not a christian either.

So, if i take you as such no offence.
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by truthislight: 9:09am On Sep 17, 2012
mkmyers45: Ok, but the book of Jubilee actually works with a literal 6-day creation as pointed by Holy Ghost filled Olaadegbu...

that is his cup.

The bible explains itself and does NOT need human to use there head to explain it.

What is written in GENESIS may have it understanding in revelation.

I WILL NEVER use my human knowledge to interpret the bible. Rather i will make searches to in the same bible to understand how it was hidden.
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by truthislight: 9:17am On Sep 17, 2012
mkmyers45: I am asking kindly..WHO wrote the book of Job and when?

open a thread for this if you can and the Answer will come in the first post by any of fresky, Ijawkid, or me and with enough evidence to backed it up.

We dont wish to derail this thread and please dont derail this thread.

Go, please and look for where the bible makes scintific statment that you feel is wrong. Please.

1 Like

Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by mkmyers45(m): 9:25am On Sep 17, 2012
truthislight:

expanse above = heaven depending on context.
Psalm 103:11.
Proverbs 25:3.
Isaiah 55:9
Gen 7:11
all refers to expanse above.

How and why should you imagine that the book that says that the earth is hanging on nothing was referring to God's throne?

the people had the intention of getting to heaven to see God and not that God had asked them to build the tower.
They had a wrong knowledge.
What they did was not God instruction.

The Vers only shows that if something is not done to stop them nothing will stop them from forging ahead in their vain pursuit of seeing God.
This was in position to God's express command to man to populate the whole earth and not to gather at a place(tower)

the king nimrod was a HATER of God and was doing things in position to God the bible says.

Try another.
So indeed they would have seen god no?
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by mkmyers45(m): 9:25am On Sep 17, 2012
truthislight:

when was that Isaiah written?
and please cite any where the word sphere was use in the hebrews scriptures befor that Isaiah statement.

If you should come out to make that statement, you should be ready to defend it.

Else, stop exposing your ign....

Besides, is that all you've got?
He will surely violently turn and toss thee like a ball (Dur) into a large country: there shalt thou die, and there the chariots of thy glory shall be the shame of thy lord's house. (Isaiah 22:18)
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by tobechi20(m): 9:35am On Sep 17, 2012
mkmyers45: Why are you plainly trying to be hard-eared? Is Circle and Sphere the same? Common, In Genesis God alledgedly us one day to create the Stars and Planetary bodies as objects for signs...Me and you that is wrong

in those days, everytin round was considerd as circle. There was notin like oval or sphere.
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by Delafruita(m): 10:13am On Sep 17, 2012
truthislight:

guy you miss your way completely.

The age of the bible is not the topic but about bible and science.

What ever your head tells you about the age of the bible please keep it to yourself and face the op.

Dont derail this thread.
i have always suspected that you have poor comprehension skills.now i can confirm that its getting worse.someone claimed that the bible explained the water table long before vitruvius explained it.i decided to show him that the books of job,ecclesiastes and amos weren't written 1600years ago.they were actually written after vetrivius had explained the water table.hence the bible incorporated a phenomenon that had already been explained.how is that derailing the thread?
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by mkmyers45(m): 11:40am On Sep 17, 2012
tobechi20:

in those days, everytin round was considerd as circle. There was notin like oval or sphere.

He will surely violently turn and toss thee like a ball (Dur) into a large country: there shalt thou die, and there the chariots of thy glory shall be the shame of thy lord's house. (Isaiah 22:18)
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by mkmyers45(m): 11:47am On Sep 17, 2012
truthislight:

open a thread for this if you can and the Answer will come in the first post by any of fresky, Ijawkid, or me and with enough evidence to backed it up.

We dont wish to derail this thread and please dont derail this thread.

Go, please and look for where the bible makes scintific statment that you feel is wrong. Please.

Ok I have created a thread for just you and i...

Here: https://www.nairaland.com/1050520/truthislight-come-show-us-truth
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by mkmyers45(m): 12:08pm On Sep 17, 2012
Pi is 3.0? * "And he made a molten sea, ten cubits from the one brim to the other: it was round all about, and his height was five cubits: and a line of thirty cubits did compass it about. (I Kings 7, 23)"

This would show that a diameter of ten cubits leads to a circumference of thirty cubits, yielding a value of 3.0 for the mathematical unit of Pi -- a value used in calculating everything from how to manufacture your coffee cup, to how to manage the pixels in your monitor, to the physics of the orbits of the satellites that give us the eye on the weather as well as tranfer data, etc. Well, the value is actually a transcendental number that starts 3.14159 . . .
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by mkmyers45(m): 3:02pm On Sep 17, 2012
mkmyers45:

Ok I have created a thread for just you and i...

Here: https://www.nairaland.com/1050520/truthislight-come-show-us-truth

I am waiting cool
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by garripack: 4:49pm On Sep 17, 2012
SUCH A STUPID QUESTION VERY STUPID QUESTION....... Y DID SCIENCE NOT CREATE U MUMUU @ OP
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by omiobo: 4:50pm On Sep 17, 2012
Bible is a manual of life. If you don't have it,you will live and die like a goat.

3 Likes

Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by ZeusI: 4:52pm On Sep 17, 2012
No. Science is borrowing from the bible instead. Scientific evolution is a complete farce and they end up concuring with the bible afterall.

2 Likes

Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by Nobody: 4:53pm On Sep 17, 2012
The both of them(Science and The Bible) are redundant - one is inconclusive, while the other contradicts itself from chapter to chapter... You can't expect science to give you a definite answer, just as the bible is tool based on faith/allegories and not facts...

Ancient cosmology by the lost advance civilisations is more accurate than the both of them. But who am I to critique what billions of people use as guidance in their everyday struggle to meet the status quo?? undecided undecided
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by fowowe411: 4:54pm On Sep 17, 2012
Niflheim: the bible claims that there was evening and morning before the sun and moon were created(false)it claims that the sun stopped moving for josua(false,it does not move in the first place).
u re such a fool
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by aryzgreat: 4:57pm On Sep 17, 2012
@ SEUN! THIS IS BLASPHEMY! BE-HEAD THOSE WHO COMPARE HOLY BIBLE TO SCIENCE! THIS DENIGRATES D HOLY BOOK! BLASPHEMY! BLASPHEMY!! BLASPHEMY!!!
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by tevinsolt: 4:57pm On Sep 17, 2012
if you didn't know science as we know it is the way of understanding the physical world that we live in.......carbon dating has proven to be very inefficient, once two different part of an elephant were measured and it gave answers that differs greatly.......anyways the earth is approximately 6000 years and the oldest living thing on earth (Methuselah tree) is approximately four thousand years old which goes back to when the flood occurred

1 Like

Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by penzino(m): 4:57pm On Sep 17, 2012
manmustwac: So how old is this planet according to the bible then 6 to 10'000 years? undecided While science give a more accurate description like 4 billion years
how do u knw d 4billion is accurate?:-/
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by fijiano202(m): 5:01pm On Sep 17, 2012
manmustwac: So how old is this planet according to the bible then 6 to 10'000 years? undecided While science give a more accurate description like 4 billion years
monki i believd dose who gav u ur scientific time were with adam and eve and when the great flood during noah,dnt believe science just try to live with it,if science was rite,it means oduduwa came from heaven and in china people broke out of egg
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by tevinsolt: 5:01pm On Sep 17, 2012
you can't compare science to the bible two different things......just so you know, we have only 4% knowledge of the universe
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by anitank(f): 5:03pm On Sep 17, 2012
Ok am so not doing this. Am soo out of here before I get brain-washed into throwing my bible into d trash bin.

One thing tho: God's sovereignty reigns over ALL........including science

1 Like

Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by charloski(m): 5:07pm On Sep 17, 2012
lets no compare the bible with what this white people stuff called science.... coz every thing we see on this earth has already being in the bible........ this science ish of the world is about 200 million years is just something we dont knw, dey just prove things and we take it.... they say earthquake is cause by some stuff, bt this same earthquake has happen in d bible...
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by Freksy(m): 5:14pm On Sep 17, 2012
Delafruita:
i have always suspected that you have poor comprehension skills.now i can confirm that its getting worse.someone claimed that the bible explained the water table long before vitruvius explained it.i decided to show him that the books of job,ecclesiastes and amos weren't written 1600years ago.they were actually written after vetrivius had explained the water table.hence the bible incorporated a phenomenon that had already been explained.how is that derailing the thread?

My friend Delafruita, are you sure you really understand the meaning of 30 BC? It's difference from 30th Century BC.

Marcus Vitruvius Pollio was born c. 80–70 BC, died after c. 15 BC. He was a man of 1st Century BC. A man of 2nd Century BC was decades older than him.

Moses wrote the book of Job between 1657 and1473 BC, but you claim it was written in about 5th Century (c. 500 )BC. Remember, 1 Century = 100 years; 5th Century BC = 500 BC

Since Vitruvius explained the water Cycle in about 30 BC, and Moses wrote the book of Job in about 5th Century BC (about 500 BC), according to you. Therefore, Job's explanation of the water Cycle predated Vitruvius's by at least 500 - 30 = 470 years. Remember also that the time Job explained the water Cycle predated the time Moses wrote it. The truth is, Vitruvius did not even exist when Job explained the water cycle.

Below is the actual time the book of Job was written.

Name of Book: Job
Writer: Moses
Place Written: Wilderness
Writing Completed (B.C.E.): c. 1473
Time Covered (B.C.E.): Over 140 years between 1657 and 1473 B.C.E.

3 Likes

Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by favouryemmy: 5:14pm On Sep 17, 2012
U cant begin to compare the bible with science. Bible is the Almighty God's Word. Know that even doctors, trained through science, get stuck sometimes and ask their patients to seek divine intervention at times from God. Science has limits but the word of God does not.

3 Likes

Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by Nobody: 5:15pm On Sep 17, 2012
The Bible is about Faith, while Science is about Fact.
You may believe and actually have faith to convince yourself that something is true, however the Fact may say different.

How you approach the question is whether you accept the "Truth" or you accept the "Fact"

1 Like

Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by Shalome(m): 5:19pm On Sep 17, 2012
I Believe in God but i don't believe everything that is written in the Bible,Some are Aesop fables. Religion is the Biggest scam ever.Mysticism and Science sheds more Light on Mans role on Earth.The best way to Live is to be a Freethinker
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by hardbody: 5:19pm On Sep 17, 2012
tobechi20: Do u think that science is more accurate than bible?

Science supports the bible in quite a number of ways, check out the Book of Isaiah where it had been noted since aeons that the world is spherical, it took years for science to come to that realization. Look up the book of Ecclesiastis for proof of the water circle. There are several of such prrofs and but for time, i could write a lot more on those.
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by chucky234(m): 5:21pm On Sep 17, 2012
When will these atheists wake up from their sleep,science more accurate than God?
I cant stop laughing at your ignorance,no sane man will ever believe that.

2 Likes

Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by Ribaman(m): 5:21pm On Sep 17, 2012
Silly question in my opinion!
The Bible is, and has never been about scientific accuracy!
Science and the Bible have different roles to play in our lives, why compare them?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Is The Hebrew Monotheistic Belief A Product Of Religious Syncretism? / My Experience With Fasting / Pastor Kumuyi Denies Banning Ipads & Phones In His Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.