Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,602 members, 7,816,497 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:01 PM

Thank You NL - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Thank You NL (5619 Views)

It's Our Wedding Anniversary! Help Us Thank Jehovah. / thank you / Thank You Nl Forks I Finally Get My Wife To Her Senses With Your Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thank You NL by Nobody: 1:31am On Sep 14, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Haba! So because Dayokanu says he knows. . .what. . .her "shape" means he is involved??!!

What a mighty high abi is long leap!! cheesy cheesy

Well since we are leaping here. . .I say look to the one who was trying real hard to convince us the story was real (Noooo, not Mommydearestpissedatmom) tongue

- how can a man look at someone's "shape" and say he knows her?! then follow by telling her where she schools and what city she is from etc, BUT YET DOESNT KNOW HER NAME..... while 2seconds before that he was asking her question about her person (like a stranger)..... in what dream did you see that? it is all clear for all to check on Dayokanu's profile, before he also deletes ALL his posts from the "my daughter" thread. what was said between him and Pissedatmom is right there for you to read o.

- Dayokanu claiming he knew her (and her going along with it) made this thread suddenly "real" to a lot of posters. thus making him "possibly" involved with the charade , to bring more credibility to it.
Re: Thank You NL by Genius100: 1:40am On Sep 14, 2012
Now I'm convinced I'm truly a Genius. grin grin. I figured out it must be someone that is trying to write fiction for a living and stated it in that thread. See below. Otherwise, why will people just make up a story for no reason? On that note, I think I'm taking a break off this section. I can't believe I wasted all my time and emotion giving advise. When she kept repeating the same thing despite what everyone was saying, I knew it must be fake..

Genius100: I am also beginning to doubt the authenticity of this story. First, the OP's name is mommydearest, who is a character in a movie that was a crazy and controlling mom. Sometimes I wonder if some people that are interested in writing fictions for a living come on Nairaland to test their skills on us and see how engaging they can be...

Re: Thank You NL by SisiKill1: 2:15am On Sep 14, 2012
Lmao! Guess Mr. BJay isn't aware of Dayokanu's legendary flirty ways on NL. cheesy

2mch: I am sorry to say this, but you are an idiot. Why cheapen the quality of this section over your stupid admission to that back water school? Do you know how many people come here for desperate help and advice? Why did you not go to the romance section where fables are told? You now understand that this stupid story of yours will undermine the advice and help so many people need? People will start to turn away from this section and question the posts. You really should be banned.
Completely Agree!!

1 Like

Re: Thank You NL by tpia5: 2:21am On Sep 14, 2012
where is the original thread plz.

i didnt read past the first page where the mother was telling us her daughter was going to italy to dash something to an italian man.

it sounded fake and i felt the mummy dearest [what a name undecided] was actually male and/or a joker but of course i was wrong!!!!

anyway, can somebody kindly restore the thread so i can catch up on all the 15+ pages i missed.
Re: Thank You NL by Johndoe100(m): 2:43am On Sep 14, 2012
Where is the thread? Only a mod or higher can get rid of a thread. If they deleted the thread, why leave the culprit unbanned? Something ain't right with this picture.
Re: Thank You NL by Nobody: 2:56am On Sep 14, 2012
^^^thats the whole point here....someone has something to hide by having the thread deleted. so what is it?!

Sisi_Kill: Lmao! Guess Mr. BJay isn't aware of Dayokanu's legendary flirty ways on NL. cheesy

how can any NLer, who has been here long enough, NOT KNOW about Dayokanu's flirty ways?

there is a huge difference between flirting, and suddenly having personal infos about a certain poster (that turned out to be fake), simply by the look of her "shape". yes, he could have gotten all these infos on FB, for example, but that mean he would need her email first for that (ill acquired from a trusted mod maybe, lol!).

again, this whole stuff makes no sense.
Re: Thank You NL by TCD: 3:20am On Sep 14, 2012
pissedatmom: Heyyyy!!!! I want to thank everyone for their contributions to my thread. I would like to thank my friend Angie for letting me use her story and picture for this project and also to Karly for playing the role of mommydearest. This was the real life story of my friend, Angie, but I tweaked it a little bit here and there to keep the suspense going and added a bit of emotion. Some of you might be wondering why I did this? Well I want to use this as a drama for my play that I will be submitting for my admission into University of El Paso Master's Program for Theatre Arts. My dream is to become a play writer and write scripts for a lot of movies. Hopefully, I will have the opportunity to bring some of my work to Nollywood one day. I posted this on Nairaland to get the voices and opinions of those in Nigeria. I thought that some of you might have probably gone through this situation so I really wanted to know your opinions. I saw that most of you were drawn to the conflict and to some it reminded you of something that has happened to you before or someone you knew,which was the point I was trying to achieve. I like writing plays that will draw in the audience so that they will want more. I am sorry to those of you that I disappointed but just know that I will be back with more dramas because you people inspired me to want to write more of the drama, maybe I might turn it into a short novel someday. Also, I would like for you all to leave some comments as to how you felt about the conflict, what would you like to see added, or anything else. I might even upload the whole story for those interested to see how it will end. Thank you for time and patience. Oh and wish me look with my admission....hopefully they will love the play and I get admitted. Oh and to those that wondered why I deleted the thread, it was because I had to delete it before I submit my play on Friday, or else if the school's admission sees the thread online, they might think that I stole the idea and I wouldn't get accepted. Once again thank-you.

*PS. My real name is Julianna O. Be looking for plays and short stories in the near future.
How did you manage to delete the thread? Are you a moderator?
Re: Thank You NL by Nobody: 4:24am On Sep 14, 2012
What you did is unfortunate to say the least but I don't regret responding, better to reply 10 fake threads than to ignore 1 real person in need of real advice
Re: Thank You NL by ITbomb(m): 6:07am On Sep 14, 2012
I go start my own project
Re: Thank You NL by Ishilove: 6:07am On Sep 14, 2012
naijababe: At least I was quick to admit to myself that we were all being MUGULIZED!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Not all of us. I was the last to comment on her thread before it was deleted and I wrote that I admire her style of writing because it draws everyone into it and leaves one panting for more. I never believed the story for once. Y'all who were handing over free advice were the ones who were completely 'mugulised'.
Re: Thank You NL by Nobody: 6:13am On Sep 14, 2012
This is why I decided to leave NL.
All these fake stories,playing on peoples intelligence.
It seems the uglier and more outrageous the fake story,the better for the owners of the site.
90% of these stories are not real,flawed or embellished.
Re: Thank You NL by Ishilove: 6:20am On Sep 14, 2012
mkmyers45: I talk am say na professional una no gree..See as them carry us do A.M Express
You dey mind dem? I was just going through the thread and shaking my head. I'm a writer myself and I recognise the work of a bullsheeit artist when I see one. His/Her style is okay, but he/she tends to get carried away, thereby neglecting the central theme of the story.

You guys should google "finding hubby". Now that series is tha BOMB. It takes a lot to impress me, and that series impressed me TOTALLY. Very hilarious,captivating,totally believable. Y'all should google it, seriously. "Finding Hubby" episodes 1-21. You'll be glad you did grin
Re: Thank You NL by tpia5: 7:08am On Sep 14, 2012
can the site admin bring the thread back plz.

seems i missed a lot here- is this a conspiracy to prevent me enjoying my fair share of nl?
Re: Thank You NL by Nobody: 7:14am On Sep 14, 2012

4 Likes

Re: Thank You NL by safeact(m): 7:47am On Sep 14, 2012
chaircover: LOL Towards the end I began to feel it was fake because the mother inspite of lots of advise still unsisted on being so one track minded and when the daughter came along their story fell apart, but as debreif said, rather respond to 10 fake stories than miss the one true story and yes there are some parents like mommydearest out there who may one day cone across this thread and learn from it

errrmmm madam julianna I hope you have heard of the story of the boy who called wolf . . . . and as for getting a balanced view/discussion, there were only 2 people out of the 50 or so people that responded to the thread who were on your side and one of two those people is known to mostly have opposing views to most things anyway .

And to the admin/mods it will take a lot to convince me that you were not into this. There are some threads on this site that will make even the toughest person puke but they are still very much around, and this one within minutes disappeared. How come??. . . . . and no explanation from anyone. If what MBJ and others are alleging is true that this was a ploy to get traffic to the site, then I can assure you all that it will backfire in the end because I am sure that we all have much better things to do than to respond to fake threads and people will just gradually break away from the site.

I quite agree with you! I read d first page of d thread, but i just doubted d authenticity of it and left. I had better things to do than to come here and allow people play on ma intelligence.
15 and pregnancy is d one i quite believe is real but will b heart broken to find out is fake, worst still, if d mod is involve!
For crying out loud, this is family session and not a child's play room. People come here to vent their family problems and it will b bad if they will b attacked cos people think they are fake!

Even if ur story is fake but convincing, pls dnt come here to tell us that its fake (for any reason)else you might up chasing real people away from here! Mod pls live up to ur task else ur session will get bored!pls move any funny thread to joke session or romance. ***Always b ready to move threads!
Re: Thank You NL by Nobody: 8:16am On Sep 14, 2012
I won't be so quick to accuse the Mods of complicity, those who followed the thread to pissedatmom's last post should remember that she made a request for the thread to be deleted whilst she and her mom tries to resolve the issue offline.

The Mod had done the decent thing by deleting the thread even if the story was doubted by some of us.

tpia@:
can the site admin bring the thread back plz.

seems i missed a lot here- is this a conspiracy to prevent me enjoying my fair share of nl?

You may have missed this one, there's another one here https://www.nairaland.com/1042661/15-pregnant
Re: Thank You NL by Smilenw(f): 8:24am On Sep 14, 2012
Knew it smiley And said that too...this very same hands r behind that madu girl too..

Back to current topic
pissedatmom:

I am not a Mod or Seun or Dayo. Lol I laugh at you because you think you are so smart and you know everything. I have told you the truth about everything, why else to lie? I have gotten what I needed and I have my script for my admission.

The "real" poster may not be Dayokanu, but smone very friendly with him..see how the person goes on to refer him as "Dayo Dayo" inspite of ppl asking if itz Dayokanu..not every poster on NL addresses Dayokanu as Dayo, let alone some one who just discovered Nairaland a few days back.
Re: Thank You NL by maclatunji: 8:29am On Sep 14, 2012
OP, Nairaland does have a Literature Section. Why didn't you post your drama there? The Moderator there, Cuddlemii would have loved to help you out with your script. You have done long-term damage to this section with your little prank.

Now, when people post their real problems, other people will be skeptical. What you did is selfish and deceitful and you should be ashamed of yourself.

We all want to make progress in life but that does not mean we should deceive others whilst we're at it. Fraud is not only when you obtain money from people with pretense and deception. What you did is deceitful and fraudulent.

You can start making amends by tendering an unreserved apology.
Re: Thank You NL by Nobody: 8:33am On Sep 14, 2012
Mtttccccccccheeeeeeeeeeeeeew!
Re: Thank You NL by maclatunji: 8:43am On Sep 14, 2012
Ujujoan: Mtttccccccccheeeeeeeeeeeeeew!

Pele.
Re: Thank You NL by obowunmi(m): 8:59am On Sep 14, 2012
A agree with Maclatunji. Nairaland does indeed have a literature, diaries, and romance section - this should have been posted there.
Re: Thank You NL by Nobody: 9:06am On Sep 14, 2012
Richvkunt: This is why I decided to leave NL.
All these fake stories,playing on peoples intelligence.
It seems the uglier and more outrageous the fake story,the better for the owners of the site.
90% of these stories are not real,flawed or embellished.

Leave na . . . see this one oh!
Is anybody begging you to stay
Re: Thank You NL by Nobody: 9:42am On Sep 14, 2012
Re: Thank You NL by Nobody: 9:47am On Sep 14, 2012
Ujujoan:

Leave na . . . see this one oh!
Is anybody begging you to stay

I knew you could not keep your wide mouth shut.
Unlike you my life does not evolve around this site.
I wish you goodluck,while you keep on getting into arguements with yourself over fake threads.
Good bye.
Re: Thank You NL by Nobody: 10:13am On Sep 14, 2012
Richvkunt:

I knew you could not keep your wide mouth shut.
Unlike you my life does not evolve around this site.
I wish you goodluck,while you keep on getting into arguements with yourself over fake threads.
Good bye.

For someone who doesn't care, you seem awfully angry! undecided
Re: Thank You NL by Tgirl4real(f): 11:26am On Sep 14, 2012
OP,

why all the lies if I may ask? Who have you fooled now? So, u kept on going back n forth asking for the thread to be removed. Very bad of u. angry
Re: Thank You NL by Tgirl4real(f): 11:27am On Sep 14, 2012
pissedatmom: Please comment about the script. Did you like it? What did you like about it? Would you like to see it acted out? What would you like to be added to it?

U should have started with this instead of lying up and down angry
Re: Thank You NL by Tgirl4real(f): 11:29am On Sep 14, 2012
pissedatmom: If my script was not liked please tell me before I submit it tomorrow so that I can know if there should be any addition/subtraction to it.

Just shut it already. Project ko . . .do we look like chickens that u can run your project test on

So annoying!!! angry
Re: Thank You NL by Tgirl4real(f): 11:33am On Sep 14, 2012
jennykadry: Didn't I say that thread was fake? Even an eediot like myself was able to tell reality from tales by moonlight. My poor CC and even debrief believed this crap. A pharmacist giving her daughter 2k a month? She be dangote?

Who is behind all these crap? Dayokanu leave woman and come fish out their true ips jo angry

And why haven't the moderators banned this retarrrded frog?

I concur. The it certainly deserve a ban. I didn't believe the thread too, but as a Mod I didn't want to be hasty. EVen when she sent a mail asking for the thread to be deleted, I knew something was up.
Re: Thank You NL by Tgirl4real(f): 11:37am On Sep 14, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

- Dayo said he knew her "shape" and they started chit chatting....if the story was indeed fake, and the OP was using some other people's pic, then she would have denied being the person and say it wasnt her....... instead of saying "who are you, how do you know me" BS.

- how did she get the thread deleted? since her story is now that she deleted it because she had to submit the script.

Mods must have been involved OR the main perpetrator of this Charade!

Haba! Take it easy na!!! Why not get your facts right before concluding? BTW, is Dayokanu a mod ni?
Re: Thank You NL by Tgirl4real(f): 11:40am On Sep 14, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Whaaaaaaaaa! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Are you saying the Angel, the paragon of motherhood. . .to whom all mothers and would be mothers ought to look up to for maternal lessons is FAKE??!!!

Who is playing these games? Why do you want take what some of us have come to hold sacred away from us? This is like telling someone who. . .who believes in Santa that he does not exists. angry angry

What will I do with all the cliffsnotes I made on how to be the BESTEST MOMMY from Mommydearest posts?

No! No! No! I refuuuuuuuuuuse to believe this.

Pele! Ur heart is shattered abi? grin grin grin
Re: Thank You NL by Tgirl4real(f): 11:46am On Sep 14, 2012
tpia@:
where is the original thread plz.

i didnt read past the first page where the mother was telling us her daughter was going to italy to dash something to an italian man.

it sounded fake and i felt the mummy dearest [what a name undecided] was actually male and/or a joker but of course i was wrong!!!!

anyway, can somebody kindly restore the thread so i can catch up on all the 15+ pages i missed.

I will do that immediately

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Do Your Hormones Affect You During Menstruation? / What Is It Like After Pregnancy? / First Rain Of The Season

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.