Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,530 members, 7,816,293 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:59 AM

Thank You NL - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Thank You NL (5617 Views)

It's Our Wedding Anniversary! Help Us Thank Jehovah. / thank you / Thank You Nl Forks I Finally Get My Wife To Her Senses With Your Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thank You NL by Tgirl4real(f): 11:48am On Sep 14, 2012
This character is such a criminal that deserves to be banned for a lifetime. He/she/it has deleted all the post on the "My daughter" thread. I'm banning the it right away so that it can't delete more.
Re: Thank You NL by jaybee3(m): 11:52am On Sep 14, 2012
Dramaland never fails to deliver on point

Tgirl4real: This character is such a criminal that deserves to be banned for a lifetime. He/she/it has deleted all the post on the "My daughter" thread. I'm banning the it right away so that it can't delete more.

Well she hasn't done anything to deserve a ban. The only lesson learnt in this case is probably that mod should only hide/bin threads on request from the thread starter.
Re: Thank You NL by Tgirl4real(f): 11:54am On Sep 14, 2012
Johndoe100: Where is the thread? Only a mod or higher can get rid of a thread. If they deleted the thread, why leave the culprit unbanned? Something ain't right with this picture.

Simple!!!

Pissed@mom sent a mail asking for the thread to be removed cos it contains family info that the mum is not comfy with. I asked her to tell the original poster to make the request herself. Mins later, I got a mail from mommydearest requesting the thread be deleted or hidden cos of the same reason.

What I can deduce from the whole thing is that the poster is an old NL, cos of the word "hide". A typical Nlander would have used "remove" or "delete".
Re: Thank You NL by Tgirl4real(f): 11:59am On Sep 14, 2012
jay bee: Dramaland never fails to deliver on point
Well she hasn't done anything to deserve a ban. The only lesson learnt in this case is probably that mod should only hide/bin threads on request from the thread starter.

She deserves to be banned cos she is deceptive...

Here's what she said on anoda thread

pissedatmom: The thread wasn't fake. So after getting advice from someone on the thread to be an adult and not take to the internet to handle issues with my parents, I decided that he/she was right. I felt bad for some of the stuff I wrote on the thread out of anger and called my mom and told her about it. She was angry because I had disclosed some private information on the thread thus she deleted her comments and my comments. I told her to just email the moderators to delete the whole thread. Well we still haven't resolved our issues in its entirety but we by the grace of God we will eventually get there.

and what she said here again. Then after requesting that the post be hidden, she deleted all her posts. Haba!!!!

She deserves to be banned so that she doesn't go ahead to delete all her posts again.
Re: Thank You NL by Tgirl4real(f): 12:06pm On Sep 14, 2012
chaircover: LOL Towards the end I began to feel it was fake because the mother inspite of lots of advise still unsisted on being so one track minded and when the daughter came along their story fell apart, but as debreif said, rather respond to 10 fake stories than miss the one true story and yes there are some parents like mommydearest out there who may one day cone across this thread and learn from it

errrmmm madam julianna I hope you have heard of the story of the boy who called wolf . . . . and as for getting a balanced view/discussion, there were only 2 people out of the 50 or so people that responded to the thread who were on your side and one of two those people is known to mostly have opposing views to most things anyway .

And to the admin/mods it will take a lot to convince me that you were not into this. There are some threads on this site that will make even the toughest person puke but they are still very much around, and this one within minutes disappeared. How come??. . . . . and no explanation from anyone. If what MBJ and others are alleging is true that this was a ploy to get traffic to the site, then I can assure you all that it will backfire in the end because I am sure that we all have much better things to do than to respond to fake threads and people will just gradually break away from the site.

When do Mods/Admin start offering explanations for hiding posts? So, if u mail me privately to delete ur thread, I have to stand at the roof top to announce abi? Let's put ourselves in other people's shoes before talking. I'm disappointed! Esp. @ MBJ angry
Re: Thank You NL by maclatunji: 12:11pm On Sep 14, 2012
Tgirl4real:

When do Mods/Admin start offering explanations for hiding posts? So, if u mail me privately to delete ur thread, I have to stand at the roof top to announce abi? Let's put ourselves in other people's shoes before talking. I'm disappointed! Esp. @ MBJ angry

Relax, just accept that you cannot entirely get to the bottom of this and do what you know is right based on the information at your disposal.
Re: Thank You NL by Tgirl4real(f): 12:12pm On Sep 14, 2012
naijababe: I won't be so quick to accuse the Mods of complicity, those who followed the thread to pissedatmom's last post should remember that she made a request for the thread to be deleted whilst she and her mom tries to resolve the issue offline.

The Mod had done the decent thing by deleting the thread even if the story was doubted by some of us.

God bless your heart. kiss
Re: Thank You NL by Nobody: 12:12pm On Sep 14, 2012
@Tgirl4real
that looney was arguing vehemently that the thread was real up till 11pm last night (while i was pointing to holes in her deluded charade), then 5 mins later she opened a thread and said it was fake......while never replying any longer to that other thread, lol!

her confession is just a way to have us drop the issue and not continue what we were focussing on....... simply because we were getting too close to get to the bottom of this matter......which is: WHICH NLER IS BEHIND MOMMYDEAREST and PISSEDATMOM, wasting caring posters time to give them sound advices?! (some even started arguing because of her/him)

so now that we can all conclude that the Mod acted properly (although i still dont know which personal info was shared), let's have his highness Dayokanu come give us his version of the story. lol!

btw, can you mods see the IP of each and every posters? or is that only Seun/Mukina who can?
Re: Thank You NL by Tgirl4real(f): 12:13pm On Sep 14, 2012
maclatunji:

Relax, just accept that you cannot entirely get to the bottom of this and do what you know is right based on the information at your disposal.

Who even has time to start getting to the bottom of anything? undecided

I'm just angry at the time I spent replying/PMing the it. Mtseewww
Re: Thank You NL by Nobody: 12:19pm On Sep 14, 2012
Tgirl, explain not further. I know you dont have a hand in this.
Re: Thank You NL by Tgirl4real(f): 12:20pm On Sep 14, 2012
Ishilove:
You dey mind dem? I was just going through the thread and shaking my head. I'm a writer myself and I recognise the work of a bullsheeit artist when I see one. His/Her style is okay, but he/she tends to get carried away, thereby neglecting the central theme of the story.

You guys should google "finding hubby". Now that series is tha BOMB. It takes a lot to impress me, and that series impressed me TOTALLY. Very hilarious,captivating,totally believable. Y'all should google it, seriously. "Finding Hubby" episodes 1-21. You'll be glad you did grin

So, u are in love too, ehn? grin

I stumbled on it at episode 19, copied the entire thing, printed it out, read it all at once and I started following Mons since then. cheesy
Re: Thank You NL by Tgirl4real(f): 12:21pm On Sep 14, 2012
jennykadry: Tgirl, explain not further. I know you dont have a hand in this.

Yea, thanks.
Re: Thank You NL by heavensown: 12:23pm On Sep 14, 2012
The mods should come and defend themselves if they have not connived to create this fake story to boost traffic and perhaps deleted it when people started becoming suspicious (funny how the thread was just deleted like that). I think it is rather unfair and insulting to take people for a ride like that. People believed that they were actually giving advise to help a family and now realise that it was all fiction. What do you take us all for..idle fools? angry
Re: Thank You NL by Nobody: 12:45pm On Sep 14, 2012
Ishilove:
You dey mind dem? I was just going through the thread and shaking my head. I'm a writer myself and I recognise the work of a bullsheeit artist when I see one. His/Her style is okay, but he/she tends to get carried away, thereby neglecting the central theme of the story.

You guys should google "finding hubby". Now that series is tha BOMB. It takes a lot to impress me, and that series impressed me TOTALLY. Very hilarious,captivating,totally believable. Y'all should google it, seriously. "Finding Hubby" episodes 1-21. You'll be glad you did grin

Found it, on episode 3. I am hooked already.
Re: Thank You NL by tpia5: 12:53pm On Sep 14, 2012
Think i can pretty much guess who does the mummy and daughter thing around here. . . . .

With an emphasis on virginity and the accompanying scenarios.

Good rule of thumb when assessing a thread- if it sounds too fabricated to be true, it usually is.

Too many twists and turns, stating an offence then rushing to "clarify" the offence and exonerate the " offender" who only offended "you" to begin with, etc etc, ad infinitum.

Typical nl.
Re: Thank You NL by SisiKill1: 1:34pm On Sep 14, 2012
Tpia you are so right....to many twists and turns. You could tell she was upping the ante with each post.

At some point she sounded so bat shite crazy. . . it became obvious she wasn't real. I've met a few strict mommas in my life and none of them woulda gone the length mommydearest was claiming she did.

But you know what's hilarious, there were some people who actually believe mommydearest's outrageous behavior was on point.

Okay, looking back, it is kinda scary people think like that oh. Wait. . .can something be scary and funny at the same time? Ah no matter, point is they woulda given her the thumbs up if she had said she wanted to lock her daughter up in a tower. . .Rapunzel style, all in the name of bringing up a child in the. . . how did they put it again. . . African Way. Oh and also to protect their title as the so wise sage (is that redundant? ) who knows and sees all. . .So it was all-a-go

Bwahahahaha I love NL I tells ya cheesy cheesy
Re: Thank You NL by Ishilove: 1:42pm On Sep 14, 2012
Tgirl4real:

So, u are in love too, ehn? grin

I stumbled on it at episode 19, copied the entire thing, printed it out, read it all at once and I started following Mons since then. cheesy
For real ? I stopped at episode 19 about three weeks ago o. I haven't had the time to read 20 and 21 but I am so going back asap! cheesy
Re: Thank You NL by Nobody: 1:43pm On Sep 14, 2012
Lmao @ sisi, lol @ those that believed momma's way of parenting was the best. He/she/it really took some people for a long ride that I almost pee-d on myself thinking about all the arguments and thumbs up he/she/it got from he/she/it supporters club grin

What a jezebel he/she/it is

1 Like

Re: Thank You NL by coogar: 1:47pm On Sep 14, 2012
MRbrownJAY: which is: WHICH NLER IS BEHIND MOMMYDEAREST and PISSEDATMOM, wasting caring posters time to give them sound advices?! (some even started arguing because of her/him)

too many fake stories exist here - the only surprise is the amount of people that buy these yeye stories and take them serious!
Re: Thank You NL by Ishilove: 1:47pm On Sep 14, 2012
naijababe:

Found it, on episode 3. I am hooked already.
You haven't seen anything yet cheesy. I sat down and for four straight hours was glued to my system...wikkid! cheesy grin
Re: Thank You NL by Nobody: 2:11pm On Sep 14, 2012
Ishilove:
You haven't seen anything yet cheesy. I sat down and for four straight hours was glued to my system...wikkid! cheesy grin

Honestly, baba were ni girl yen (serious madness wey pass Terry G own). On episode 9, I am starving but I can't be ar.sed to eat now. I need to get the bottom of her madness.
Re: Thank You NL by Tgirl4real(f): 2:13pm On Sep 14, 2012
naijababe:
Honestly, baba were ni girl yen (serious madness wey pass Terry G own). On episode 9, I am starving but I can't be ar.sed to eat now. I need to get the bottom of her madness.

U sef don turn addict. grin
Re: Thank You NL by Nobody: 2:16pm On Sep 14, 2012
Tgirl4real:

U sef don turn addict. grin

No be u and Ishilove's fault. Una don turn me to overnight aproko cheesy
Re: Thank You NL by tpia5: 2:40pm On Sep 14, 2012
Well, the morals of the stories are " kiye s'ara".

It is extremely easy to dangle bait this way in order to attract customers. String long stories together, add "ko lori ko nidi" scenarios and stage props, and generally peopke will fall for whatever tale is being spun by the story weaver.

Very common tactic which seems like a harmless prank on nl but could have serious implications should the perpetrators decide to go for the kill ie target a particular person.

Happens all the time in nigeria.

These people are experts at reading the human mind and nature, so its that natural instinct in humans which they turn into an achilles heel.

God will help us!
Re: Thank You NL by SisiKill1: 2:41pm On Sep 14, 2012
jennykadry: Lmao @ sisi, lol @ those that believed momma's way of parenting was the best. He/she/it really took some people for a long ride that I almost pee-d on myself thinking about all the arguments and thumbs up he/she/it got from he/she/it supporters club grin

What a jezebel he/she/it is

Lmao! Jenny, you know ways of the wise ones aren't our ways.

They know things even before there were things to know.

And the rest of us. . .well we just don't get it, we can't relate to it, we don't even possess a discer spirit not to talking discerning spirit. . .we are just empty vessels, ya know. cry cry
Re: Thank You NL by Nobody: 2:43pm On Sep 14, 2012
Comot hiaaa sisi. I have been chased out of the bedroom again and its cos of you grin grin grin
Re: Thank You NL by maclatunji: 2:46pm On Sep 14, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Tpia you are so right....to many twists and turns. You could tell she was upping the ante with each post.

At some point she sounded so bat shite crazy. . . it became obvious she wasn't real. I've met a few strict mommas in my life and none of them woulda gone the length mommydearest was claiming she did.

But you know what's hilarious, there were some people who actually believe mommydearest's outrageous behavior was on point.

Okay, looking back, it is kinda scary people think like that oh. Wait. . .can something be scary and funny at the same time? Ah no matter, point is they woulda given her the thumbs up if she had said she wanted to lock her daughter up in a tower. . .Rapunzel style, all in the name of bringing up a child in the. . . how did they put it again. . . African Way. Oh and also to protect their title as the so wise sage (is that redundant? ) who knows and sees all. . .So it was all-a-go

Bwahahahaha I love NL I tells ya cheesy cheesy

Funny, you're not a very good student of Literature. Literature is a mirror of life. You had best believe there are even stricter parents. That thread I found useful in many ways than you can imagine. The only thing I am angry about is the air of skepticism that it has created in this section.

By the way, what makes you think someone is not lying on this thread?
Re: Thank You NL by blank(f): 2:46pm On Sep 14, 2012
I have to thank JK for opening my eyes early enough that the thread was fake. Had to delete the long post i wrote trying to help the mother. Why did i even bother. Didnt come back to the thread till i saw the other related thread.

This fake thread thingy is beoming too rampant in family section.
Re: Thank You NL by SisiKill1: 2:48pm On Sep 14, 2012
jennykadry: Comot hiaaa sisi. I have been chased out of the bedroom again and its cos of you grin grin grin

Rotflmao!!! My bad!! cheesy cheesy

maclatunji:

Funny, you're not a very good student of Literature. Literature is a mirror of life. You had best believe there are even stricter parents. That thread I found useful in many ways than you can imagine. The only thing I am angry about is the air of skepticism that it has created in this section.

By the way, what makes you think someone is not lying on this thread?

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuure it does! Err. . .I mean, yes, yes. . .That's what I said too! cheesy
Re: Thank You NL by Johndoe100(m): 3:02pm On Sep 14, 2012
Well all the fake threads are started by women/girls. If we are to be honest, most of us know who they are don't we?
Re: Thank You NL by tpia5: 3:03pm On Sep 14, 2012
maclatunji:

The only thing I am angry about is the air of skepticism that it has created in this section.

You havent seen scepticism yet.

Just wait a bit and keep on keeping on.
Re: Thank You NL by coogar: 3:31pm On Sep 14, 2012
tpia@:
Well, the morals of the stories are " kiye s'ara".

It is extremely easy to dangle bait this way in order to attract customers. String long stories together, add "ko lori ko nidi" scenarios and stage props, and generally peopke will fall for whatever tale is being spun by the story weaver.

Very common tactic which seems like a harmless prank on nl but could have serious implications should the perpetrators decide to go for the kill ie target a particular person.

Happens all the time in nigeria.

These people are experts at reading the human mind and nature, so its that natural instinct in humans which they turn into an achilles heel.

God will help us!

you take life too seriously - who is targeting who on a faceless forum? this is paranoia par excellence!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Is The Right Age For A Child To Start School? / What Is It Like After Pregnancy? / How Do Your Hormones Affect You During Menstruation?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.