Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,054 members, 7,838,663 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? (22032 Views)

Share Your This Month PHCN Bill Here / Iara Oshiomhole In Imo State For August Meeting (photo) / Man's Hand Chopped Off Over #100 PHCN Bill - See Picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by korrej(m): 11:02am On Sep 14, 2012
same here,7k, na only nite i dey use light. 4rm 12am na only fan me dey use.
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by kheart(m): 11:04am On Sep 14, 2012
JaaizTech:
Pls. Pls. Pls. Power has improved but not up to 22hrs availability per day. unless your area is peculiar.
no mind am d guy must be in us embassy, for we area we did four days flat witout light.
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by ziccoit: 11:09am On Sep 14, 2012
11,370 Naira. Extortion at its best.
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by chinig(m): 11:10am On Sep 14, 2012
onthefence: It is simply because there is improved power. I paid 3k in July. Its now 5k. I don't use prepaid. I calculate my consumption before the bill arrives and its dead on point. Mind how you use power now. Make sure your meter is read too. Naija too complain.

Improve power my foot! They ration the power at my area by a day(one day oN,one day OFF)and when its our turn,they don't leave it for more than 3hrs throughout that day.am meant to pay N5000 from the N1200 that I used to pay when the power was not rationed.

This i̶̲̥̅̊s bill robbery.they better come and disconnect my line,cuz am not paying this outrageous amount!!
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by jude33084(m): 11:10am On Sep 14, 2012
al-qaeda:
I PAID 27K PER MONTH FOR 4 MONTHS AT MY SHOP C3 ON DIRECT PAYMENT, BEFORE I NOW GAVE THEM EGUNJE OF 50K TO GET MY PREPAID METER OUT WITHIN 1 WEEK AND NOW I PAY ROUGHLY 7K. THEY ARE JUST CRIMINALS AND DESERVE TO BE LINED UP AND SHOT EXECUTION STYLE.

Ť☺ ♍♈ understanding of Ŧħåϯ word Egunje; meaning bribe undecided

ΆŋԂ Ɣ☺Ʊ are calling NEPA criminals?! cheesy

Brossssss!
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by Okijajuju1(m): 11:10am On Sep 14, 2012
CHARLOE: tot i was d only 1, mine is N13,700. they're robbing us cos we dont have prepaid meter, meanwhile d govt told nepa to meter us for free. i won't pay theses bills for sure. Those using prepaid meter around me don't use up to 2k per month,even with ac. Nepa na thief!

I pay about 20'k in prepaid units every month.. 13'k is a laugh.... angry
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by Navalsadiq(m): 11:12am On Sep 14, 2012
ujchief: Mine moved from the normal N1200 per month to N4000, more than 100% increase. I opened this thread to yell and curse, but on seeing u guys havin up to N14k bill, i had to respect myself.
.lolz
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by jude33084(m): 11:12am On Sep 14, 2012
chinig:

Improve power my foot! They ration the power at my area by a day(one day oN,one day OFF)and when its our turn,they don't leave it for more than 3hrs throughout that day.am meant to pay N5000 from the N1200 that I used to pay when the power was not rationed.

This i̶̲̥̅̊s bill robbery.they better come and disconnect my line,cuz am not paying this outrageous amount!!

If U̶̲̥̅̊
have power 3hrs in ∂ ƉăŸ pls don't pay ur bill ΆŋԂ pls switch Ť☺ generator angry
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by thelastPope(m): 11:13am On Sep 14, 2012
jude33084:

U r educated because as long as u can browse and read u r. Your bill is N25000/month and prepaid single phase is sold for N25000, Nna na wah o!

make your choice naa bro grin

Please stop spreading wrong information. Pre paid meter is free! Don't pay anyone any dime for it please.

As for PHCN intrigues, it will be over in about a month. The bid winners will soon be announced and will soon take over. Just a little patience guys
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by jude33084(m): 11:14am On Sep 14, 2012
Okija_juju:

I pay about 20'k in prepaid units every month.. 13'k is a laugh.... angry

Na bomb making machine Ɣ☺Ʊ D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ use for ♈☺uЯ house? Abeg be real
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by Nobody: 11:15am On Sep 14, 2012
13+

I dey vex angry
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by Navalsadiq(m): 11:15am On Sep 14, 2012
PHCN AND POLICE NA THE SAME FIN.CRIMINALS.THEY ARE USING THE FACT NEPA ABI NA PHCN HAS BEEN PRIVATISE TO POOR THEIR FAUSTRATION ON US.E JOR OH!
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by Nobody: 11:17am On Sep 14, 2012
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by bennieman: 11:18am On Sep 14, 2012
Mine used to be between 2000 and 2500 but is now 7000. This is because i do not have a prepaid meter cos i know people that have it and don't use up to 2k in a month with constant power supply and fully loaded houses. Its even more surprising that i live alone and i am rarely at home except during weekends and i have to pay that much.

I was at PHCN office last month to pay my bill and i made an inquiry on how to obtain a prepaid meter and i was told that i have to pay 25k to get it. I thought they said it is free...Naija i hail oh! shocked shocked
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by Okijajuju1(m): 11:19am On Sep 14, 2012
jude33084:

Na bomb making machine Ɣ☺Ʊ D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ use for ♈☺uЯ house? Abeg be real

Six 1.5 Horsepower Split units alone will do that to you.. Lets not even mention the 4 boilers in the house, 2 giant sized fridges, a 7.5 KVA inverter and security lights enough to light up half a stadium.. angry
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by ujukala: 11:19am On Sep 14, 2012
Don't just pay any crazy bill. It is better you protest. If you pay now, you may end up paying forever!

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by mbourie(m): 11:20am On Sep 14, 2012
It had been a frenzied mood for my family and I since yesterday when we received the PHCN bill of about N14,178.56k-for jst 3bedroom flat-without d use of AC,electric cooker,washing machine and other electrical appliances that dissipate power input. The question most Nigerians shud ask themselves is-is this meter working? As for mine-it's not working; after they have morsel d bills 2d working meters, d lions' share wud b given 2 ppl like us whose meters are not working. Unluckily for me, I live in a residence wia dlandlords' son resides-he dos nt pay d PHCN bills,he disallowed d idea of using one meter by @ least two flats or better still, buy a working meter for d tenants 2 use. Fellow Nairalanders, also, I have been having dis fervid touts-has d resignation of Prof. Bartho Nnaji creates room 4 dos folly and corrupt staff of PHCN to rob us on a broad daylight.
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by ziccoit: 11:21am On Sep 14, 2012
I consumed 205units of electricity last month and the cost per unit is 12.5 Naira.

Now, I don't know how 205 x 12.5 = 11,000 plus. Apart fron the fact that I have been previously over-billed in the past by 1, 600 plus unit.

I went to the phcn office. Walked straight into the manager's office ( a place that looks like a local palm wine shop, this pple dey suffer o grin). He asked me to come the 2nd day which I did. On getting there the second day, he called the person in charge and verbally slammed the guy threatening to not take it simple if such occurs next time.
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by bullseye2(f): 11:21am On Sep 14, 2012
15k. The bloody thieves. God punish them. Lol
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by jude33084(m): 11:25am On Sep 14, 2012
thelastPope:

Please stop spreading wrong information. Pre paid meter is free! Don't pay anyone any dime for it please.

As for PHCN intrigues, it will be over in about a month. The bid winners will soon be announced and will soon take over. Just a little patience guys

I paid for ♍♈ 3 phase meter in Benin. 67k5 Ť☺ union bank ΆŋԂ 10k for processing fee. Make I nor hear Ɣ☺Ʊ say ƒя̩eǝ ąg∂ɪ̣̇η because I have ♍♈ receip ΆŋԂ ∂ photocopy of τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ bankdraft with ♍e.

NEPA will never, I repeat Never give Ɣ☺Ʊ ∂ prepaid meter for ƒя̩eǝ.

In Benin two yrs ago they distributed them arround τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ town ßŮϯ Ɣ☺Ʊ pay instalmentally as in everymonth along with ♈☺uЯ bill.
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by atuagbo: 11:26am On Sep 14, 2012
I think d prepaid meter s d best, dats wat am using. N2000 for 3mths for 2rooms sef contain.
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by Okijajuju1(m): 11:27am On Sep 14, 2012
ziccoit: I consumed 205units of electricity last month and the cost per unit is 12.5 Naira.

Now, I don't know how 205 x 12.5 = 11,000 plus. Apart fron the fact that I have been previously over-billed in the past by 1, 600 plus unit.

I went to the phcn office. Walked straight into the manager's office ( a place that looks like a local palm wine shop, this pple dey suffer o grin). He asked me to come the 2nd day which I did. On getting their the second day, he called the person in charge and verbally slammed the guy threatening to not take it simple if such occurs next time.

I like your style.. .. Let those complaining here simply pick up their last bill, take the meter reading, take the reading from their current bill and place the figures in this formular;

New meter reading - Old meter reading = Actual Units of electricity used.

Actual Unit used * Unit cost of electricity = Actual Tariff to be paid.

Actual tariff + NEPAs hidden charges = Current bill
angry
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by Xeedorf: 11:27am On Sep 14, 2012
my is #16,000k instead #2000 plus regular bill B4> Somebody help ooO
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by babestella: 11:29am On Sep 14, 2012
I used average of 5k monthly on my prepaid meter. I run 2 a/c whenever there is electricity. It is better to get the prepaid meter jàrè, this Nigeria is a big fraud.

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by Ejykman: 11:33am On Sep 14, 2012
Send ur complaints and every every to http://www.power.gov.ng/customerservice/ The formats are there.

3 Likes

Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by Okijajuju1(m): 11:36am On Sep 14, 2012
babestella: I used average of 5k monthly on my prepaid meter. I run 2 a/c whenever there is electricity. It is better to get the prepaid meter jàrè, this Nigeria is a big fraud.

Prepaid is also a scam....

Meter maintanance fee..

Monthly charges

V.A.T and Tax..
angry
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by Naijalane: 11:36am On Sep 14, 2012
Hmm, I don't know that you people get this kind money, cos 4 me I do rather die in darkness than paying this huge amount of money.

Click the below link , I think this Article can help you people well
http://www.backwoodshome.com/articles2/evangelista73.html
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by Dhelake: 11:36am On Sep 14, 2012
there is this power talk back column which is on sundaypunch ... U guyz can forward ur complain to phcn via dat column
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by Boboedom: 11:37am On Sep 14, 2012
Mine use to be N1500, it moved up to N2500 and for August it is N5100. They will meet me when they come for disconnection. Thieves, they want to sabotage the whole on-going process and keep us in perpetual darkness.
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by pecopeco: 11:37am On Sep 14, 2012
it is 18,000
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by hizick(m): 11:40am On Sep 14, 2012
my bill was still normal! 1200K, not too diferent from as has been...
PLS HOW DO I CREATE A THREAD..... someone pls help me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

North Disagrees With Ban On Boko-haram, Ansaru / Chimamanda Adichie's NYTimes Article On Nigeria's Epileptic Power Supply / Akure Residents Scoop Fuel From A Fallen Tanker (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.