Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,046 members, 7,838,644 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:04 AM

How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? (22031 Views)

Share Your This Month PHCN Bill Here / Iara Oshiomhole In Imo State For August Meeting (photo) / Man's Hand Chopped Off Over #100 PHCN Bill - See Picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by emekson(m): 11:42am On Sep 14, 2012
una own beta nah
lastmonth they brought 10,000+ dis month is was 26000+ what a krazy bill!
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by nasty45(m): 11:42am On Sep 14, 2012
And here i am thinkin tis just me... they did same to my bill...i sure as heaven aint payin such huge sum...indeed it seems d more u pay the higher yur bill.....I saw this on facebook and even on tweetes that these religious folks are plannin a protest so be on the alert....MODERATORS FRONTPAGE PLSSSS....
Muslim brotherhood & WAMY
(World Associatiom of Muslim
Youths) asked muslims to protest
(on friday after their prayer) over
the anti-Islamic film acted in U.S.
It's publically cited in Press tv &
BBC. All (in northern Nigeria) are
urged to remain at alert. Please,
send to people u know.
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by stagger: 11:43am On Sep 14, 2012
PHCN just slapped me with a borehole bill of N150,000. This is after I mounted a separate meter for the borehole. I am to pay it before they reconnect me.

My electricity bill has also radically increased to N15,000. I am having a meeting with my entire household.

- Every bulb in my house is to be changed to light-saving bulbs.
- anytime my forgetful gateman allows the water to be running over from my borehole and I have to wake up by 3am to put it off, he will not be paid salary for that month.

I have just emerged from PHCN office shouting myself hoarse. This situation is completely untenable.
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by Nobody: 11:49am On Sep 14, 2012
from 5k to 13k! why is that! who can we file a legal complaint to?
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by bizideas2(m): 11:51am On Sep 14, 2012
Don't mind PHCN.Mine moved from 6k to 10k.Went to the office to complain and the manager could not explain the reason for the increment.One of the staff told me to my face that PHCN is just starting.that the bill will continue increasing till 2015.The most anoying thing is that the power supply does not compliment the amount the consumer pays.I ask them if I could get prepaid meter,they told me that they have stopped issuing it out(orders from above).
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by obicentlis: 11:56am On Sep 14, 2012
timbros:

How do i do that? For a long time now, my bill has not exceeded #700. I just dont understand why this one will be up to this amount.

Someone said i should not pay and wait till next month and see what the bill will be. But i'm not comfortable with it. Naturally, i always pay my bill as soon as it comes in. Most times i over-pay sef and PHCN have to deduct the balance the next month.

How do i lobby my way in abeg?
Call your marketer, his or her phone no is written in the meter bill. Talk to him abt it. You can still lobby the guy.
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by filcast(m): 11:59am On Sep 14, 2012
u guys should chill.in few months time the bid winners will start re-designing the power distribution networks.with more educated and better motivated workforce,most of these complaints will cease.
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by Paentera(m): 12:05pm On Sep 14, 2012
Pre-paid is the bomb mehn. I don't even finish N3,000 loaded on my metre and I've run A/C all weekend and evenings. Please go get the pre-paid metre or keep throwing away hard earned money for nothing.
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by hazvat(f): 12:06pm On Sep 14, 2012
Mine moved from 2500 to 8k in july and now to 10k+ in august.d increase is geometrical what is d next solution against forthcoming bills o?
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by onthefence: 12:10pm On Sep 14, 2012
Some of you complaining here don't even have any meter, pre paid or post paid.
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by tayotemowo(m): 12:12pm On Sep 14, 2012
well i guess i have to say this is a lot better than our former complains where it is that we don't have light im still waiting for my own light to get better so that i can start paying them the money i use to buy petrol instead of buying it. who was that who said Nigerian too complain please it is your constitutional right to complain when you find something not favorable. that is how things get better when people complain mind you constructively and not otherwise so amendments can be made.
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by Baawaa(m): 12:15pm On Sep 14, 2012
There is no free things in Nigeria,inasmuch there is change in power supply there must be change on tariff.If you think the bill you got is not what you used go to PHCN office and lodge your complain.For chief Olusegun Obasanjo to said that he regret,that his administration failed to fix power problem,and what we are seeing,this give me clues that there is improvement on power supply for now.
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by KiksAsso: 12:16pm On Sep 14, 2012
I guess prepaid meter is the solution.

As for me and my family, we recharged with N3k (Three Thousand Naira) in April and yet to be exhausted. We re staying in a 2br flat with the use of refrigerator, washing machine, electric kettle, etc. Though not with the use of AC and electric cooker. We also use energy saving bulbs and only put them on when needed.

Also, once the refrigerator is left on throughout the night (all the things would have been blocked), I put it off in the morning and on it back @ night. Though, this depends on what I'm having in it.

@ Op, I will advise u opt for prepaid meter and try to
conserve power as much as possible.

Power supply is also constant in my area now.
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by Nobody: 12:17pm On Sep 14, 2012
Advise : we should think green,energy conservation. Low energy bulbs, paint ur indoors with brighter colours, always study appliance consumption rates before purchase. We waste too much energy in nigeria. When not in a room, the lights, appliance should be off. No need for irrelevant decorating lightings in the house. We should think green and conserve as much energy as we can. I believe when we do this, even the megawatts we generate as a country will be enough to go round the nation domestically.
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by Toktee(m): 12:18pm On Sep 14, 2012
Nepa fixed meter for u for the past six month now and we are still paying direct billing,last month (july was 3500) this month is 6500,i complain to the marketer,he told me that our meter is not connected,brothers and sisters our country under siege
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by Bisjosh(f): 12:20pm On Sep 14, 2012
14k+ cry
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by teehaywhyooh(f): 12:24pm On Sep 14, 2012
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by Azumy(f): 12:25pm On Sep 14, 2012
Mine is nw 2500k as against 1500 of prv bill. But can sum1 help m out wit dis question?leavin a fridge on 4 lyk 18hrs a day, cos dat d normal hrz of supply of power in ma area of recent nd leavin d TV on for same hr pls anybody wch consume energy most?frigde nd TV.
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by xynerise: 12:25pm On Sep 14, 2012
I am paying 16k against d normal 4k undecided.
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by Nobody: 12:32pm On Sep 14, 2012
Azumy: Mine is nw 2500k as against 1500 of prv bill. But can sum1 help m out wit dis question?leavin a fridge on 4 lyk 18hrs a day, cos dat d normal hrz of supply of power in ma area of recent nd leavin d TV on for same hr pls anybody wch consume energy most?frigde nd TV.

If your fridge is old-school and tv old school , its the tv. But if both new school, the fridge consume more energy.

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by MaxyBrown(m): 12:32pm On Sep 14, 2012
Mine increased from N2,300 to N8,250. Crazy. Prepaid meter is the way out angry
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by Nobody: 12:38pm On Sep 14, 2012
calculusx:

Don't mind them jare,Nigerians can complain about almost everything. My bill for August increased from #2,700 to #5,000 and i feel its OK cos the 3k petrol i always buy every week is there un-used for the past 2months. I will be conserving power like I do in UK and see what the result will be. I was surprised when i saw my generator repairer riding okada this morning grin I asked him why change of job, his smile alone gave me the answer. Nigeria is getting better.

I got 4K for my office and N1K4 for my house. Both are in post paid format. I got surprised with the bills but power has been better but since last week hasn't been.
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by LIVEMAN1: 12:43pm On Sep 14, 2012
What I believe that is going-on in Nigeria is that DEVIL has taken over this country and where there is no fear of God, automatically dEvIl is in control, anyway (Where is customer care protection or PHCN is not part of consumption items)
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by Pergrace: 12:49pm On Sep 14, 2012
basty: Guys, take this tip, the more you pay PHCN, the more your bills. They value your bill based on your response time. I avoided their bills for more than year and the bills getting reducing.

I had the same thought as well.
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by AGBORMAN1(m): 12:51pm On Sep 14, 2012
WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD.
LETS PUT CORRUPTION ASIDE, THEIR'S NO FREE TEA IN LAGOS.
MY ELECTRICITY MONTHLY BILLS IS N30k IN LONDON.
IN THE WEST, QUALITY OF LIFE IS VERY GOOD, BUT GOVERNMENT COLLECTS
ALMOST ALL YOUR WAGES. YOU WANT LIGHT 24 HOURS, YOU HAVE TO PAY ABOUT N15k MONTHLY.

GEJ TIL 2019.

PLEASE, NOBODY SHOULD ABUSE OOOOH. THIS IS FREEDOM OF SPEECH. THKS
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by saddik(m): 12:54pm On Sep 14, 2012
I USE PREPAID METER, I USE TO BUY 3K CARD AND GET LIKE 150-200 UNITS. I GOT TIRED, COS I USE AC FREQUENTLY,

MY SOLUTION, I CHANGED ALL MY LIGHT BULBS FROM 60WATSS TO ENERGY SAVING WHICH CONSUMES 11WATSS AND OUT PUTS 60, NEXT, I BY-PASSED 1 OF MY METER'S, (WE HAVE 3 PHASE, BUT USE ONLY 1 FUSE). SO 1 MUSE IS BY-PASSED WHILE D OTHER IS READING,

IN D MONIN I CHANGE IT TO D READING ONE, IN CASE NEPA COMES FOR INSPECTION, WHEN I RETURN FROM WORK I CHANGE IT TO BY PASS AND ENJOY MY AC'S WATER HEATER ETC.

OUR LEADERS HAVE CHEATED US, BUYING NEPA CARD FROM TAX PAYERS MONEY, HOARDING FUEL TO THEY CAN SELL BLACK MARKET AT HIGH PRICE.

I KNOW WAT IM DOIN IS NOT RIGHT, BUT I CANT SURVIVE WIT MY SALARY BUYING NEPA CARD DAT ZAPS ANY HOW.

PLS ADVICE ME IF THERE IS ANY THING 2 SAY.

CHEERS.
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by Nobody: 12:55pm On Sep 14, 2012
My dad told me that he saw a bill of 14k flat. He called the electrician to come and check the meter cos he thinks its running too fast.
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by Emekamex(m): 12:56pm On Sep 14, 2012
As long there is constant power, I am willing to pay any price.

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by jude33084(m): 12:56pm On Sep 14, 2012
demmykay: We just moved into d house dis jan nd we were being charged 2500. Later increased to 3900 then recently to 7500. So we decided to repay d prepaid meter we met der at d cost of 10k. Only for me to go to phcn office to buy units nd I ws told I had to pay 15,500 minimum purchase which is d maintanance fee dat has acsumulated over time while d meter has nt been in use, dat if I did nt pay day amt I cannot be allowed to buy credit. after much questions, I ws told dat der Is another outstanding of 20600 which is d connectn fee of d meter dat has nt been paid for. I left d office frustrated nd regretin why I repaid d meter. Phcn re broad day robbers

that accumulated charges is what i was trying to explain to one guy just now. If phcn gives u meter u still have to pay for it monthly alongside your bills. So outright payment for the meter is advised.
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by joanana(f): 12:57pm On Sep 14, 2012
tunapawizzy: why not opt for pre paid meter..that way u can manage what u use....

My dear na the same thing oooo. Manage ke? We used to pay 2,500 prepaid for three weeks , now we pay 5,000 for two weeks!!! Na wa oooo PHNCN abi na NEPA una no go kill person with price. I m waiting for the August NEPA bill for my office,I paid the last bill in July, i know say e go 50k!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by lwise(m): 1:01pm On Sep 14, 2012
Anyday a PHCN staff climbs our pole to disconnect light,na d day e go die.Cant imagine paying bill that is higher than my monthly house rent.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by fghanni(m): 1:01pm On Sep 14, 2012
i only wonder how much they will bill us by the time we have stable light...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

DSS Releases Babatunde Gbadamosi, Buhari’s Critic / Anambra guber: Maduka Announces Exit From PDP, Picks Accord Party Ticket / Yoruba Ancestors Will Make You President, Alaafin Assures Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.