Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,458 members, 7,819,669 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

Nigeria To Have Adequate Water Supply By 2025 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria To Have Adequate Water Supply By 2025 (5840 Views)

LASG Plans Total Water Supply By 2020 / Rivers To Get 24-hour Power Supply By December / 6,000mw Of Electricity Supply By Dec May Be Unrealistic - Minister Of Power (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria To Have Adequate Water Supply By 2025 by kokoye(m): 5:11pm On Sep 14, 2012
. uninterrupted power supply by 2050
. corruption eradication by 2075 ...God willing
. adequate water supply by 2025
. good roads by 2030
. better police by 2070

Is this what we call hope? Hope go don die by these dates o.
Re: Nigeria To Have Adequate Water Supply By 2025 by timpaker(m): 5:19pm On Sep 14, 2012
na wa oooo
Re: Nigeria To Have Adequate Water Supply By 2025 by timpaker(m): 5:20pm On Sep 14, 2012
Neversaydie: Minister of Water Resources, Mrs Sarah Och-ekpe had assured that the challenges facing the water sector in the country would be over by 2025.

Plateau State governor, Mr Jonah Jang who was represented by the Secretary to the State Government (SSG), Professor Shedrack Best, blamed the  cause of inadequate water supply on outdated equipment, shortage of manpower shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked, among others.

the bolded got me thinking...we have millions of unemployed Nigerians ready to take on any job and someone is saying this thrash. What an excuse!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Have Adequate Water Supply By 2025 by Jabioro: 5:22pm On Sep 14, 2012
Another widest promises.Minister 4 water pls,make am 2099,so dat we wud have no traces of ur vow.already light dey every where,ironically very stable.water ko,omi ni.
Re: Nigeria To Have Adequate Water Supply By 2025 by Nobody: 5:23pm On Sep 14, 2012
kokoye:

Your dreaming of adequate water supply by 2025? good luck to you o.
allow the hediot let him continue dreaming! wetin consign me? as long as underground water isnt drying up soon,who cares? how old would i be by that time sef? 45yrs old! gaddamit!
Re: Nigeria To Have Adequate Water Supply By 2025 by Nobody: 5:25pm On Sep 14, 2012
Imagine when other nationas are moving to the next level in development,we are here still struggling with the basic neccessity of life...imagine 2025,not even in my generation....
Re: Nigeria To Have Adequate Water Supply By 2025 by DICKtator: 5:25pm On Sep 14, 2012
timpaker:

the bolded got me thinking...we have millions of unemployed Nigerians ready to take on any job and someone is saying this thrash. What an excuse!!!!!

You beat me to that assertion!!!. I'll blame my internet connection!!!!
grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria To Have Adequate Water Supply By 2025 by choosen1: 5:28pm On Sep 14, 2012
Re: Nigeria To Have Adequate Water Supply By 2025 by fankasibe: 5:29pm On Sep 14, 2012
ebere1712: Can you imagine?
No, i can't even imagine.
Re: Nigeria To Have Adequate Water Supply By 2025 by fankasibe: 5:30pm On Sep 14, 2012
ebere1712: Can you imagine?
No, i can't even imagine....thanks to well water (ómi kangà)
Re: Nigeria To Have Adequate Water Supply By 2025 by vanstanzy(m): 5:32pm On Sep 14, 2012
Neversaydie: Minister of Water Resources, Mrs Sarah Och-ekpe had assured that the challenges facing the water sector in the country would be over by 2025.

The minister gave this assurance while speaking at a one-day workshop for stakeholders on the validation of Plateau State water supply, sanitation and hygiene policy.
Och-ekpe urged participants at the forum organized to study the document for water policy in the state and come up with a policy for better water services.
Plateau State governor, Mr Jonah Jang who was represented by the Secretary to the State Government (SSG), Professor Shedrack Best, blamed the  cause of inadequate water supply on outdated equipment, shortage of manpower, among others.
According to him, his administration had awarded N8 billion contract to enhance  quality water supply within the state. He added  that the state was also in partnership with other foreign non-governmental organizations (NGOs), to provide quality water to the people in order to eradicate water borne diseases in the State.

http://dailypost.com.ng/2012/09/14/nigeria-adequate-water-supply-2025/

Na lie, i no gree, i go still wait for 1990 (SPECIAL PROGRAM FOR THIRD WORLD COUNTRIES)when United Nations promise us water. FG date na fake, i choose to work with the UNs' date. UP 1990!!! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria To Have Adequate Water Supply By 2025 by fankasibe: 5:34pm On Sep 14, 2012
Idileke: I wish this comes to reality
for ur useless dream abi? If it doesn't come to reality what will u do by then?
Re: Nigeria To Have Adequate Water Supply By 2025 by kokoye(m): 5:34pm On Sep 14, 2012
Is the honorable minister, Mrs Sarah Och-ekpe sure she will still be alive by then?
Re: Nigeria To Have Adequate Water Supply By 2025 by fankasibe: 5:39pm On Sep 14, 2012
kokoye: . uninterrupted power supply by 2050
. corruption eradication by 2075 ...God willing
. adequate water supply by 2025
. good roads by 2030
. better police by 2070

Is this what we call hope? Hope go don die by these dates o.
699 Like[b][/b]
Re: Nigeria To Have Adequate Water Supply By 2025 by Orblonde: 5:40pm On Sep 14, 2012
I really find reading this very painful. Do our rulers really have this much disprespect for us? I am speeachless on so many levels, including the audience that this speech was addressed to
Re: Nigeria To Have Adequate Water Supply By 2025 by Oceemo(m): 5:51pm On Sep 14, 2012
grin
eduson33: Madam,abeg mix peper soup and beans,
add plantain,3 kpomo and crayfish.
Spray stew ontop if possible.no time.
grin
eduson33: Madam,abeg mix peper soup and beans,
add plantain,3 kpomo and crayfish.
Spray stew ontop if possible.no time.
hahahaha
Re: Nigeria To Have Adequate Water Supply By 2025 by 4reigningqueen: 5:52pm On Sep 14, 2012
Nigerian State’s Proposed Borehole Ban
Sparks Controversy
11 Jun 2012 - 00:00 by OOSKAnews
Correspondent
NIGERIA, ABUJA — Lagos state, home to
Nigeria’s largest urban area and commercial
capital, last week became the latest state in
the country to propose a ban on drilling
boreholes for water.
Lagos State Governor Babatunda Fashola on
June 6 called for “shutting down of
boreholes because they have long-term
environmental impacts and damage our
state and people.”
The ban would apply to individuals and
private companies.
The proposal came shortly after national
Water Minister Sarah Ochekpe was quoted
saying there was “a high possibility” that
the federal government would impose a
similar ban, or at least regulate “the extent
to which they were constructed.”
Fashola urged water consumers in Lagos
utilize water supplied by Lagos Water
Corporation, said to be Africa’s largest water
provider, rather than digging their own
wells.
The corporation’s managing director, Shayo
Holloway, had previously warned that
continued borehole drilling for water supply
was an unsustainable practice and posed a
danger to the would-be beneficiaries.
“Domestic boreholes are affecting water
production because [they] pollute the water
when they are abandoned and refuse is
dumped into them,” he said.
The Lagos Water Corporation is working
toward a goal of supplying more than 700
millions of gallons a day to customers by
building at least 15 new mini-waterworks
over the next 10 years.
Currently, the company provides an
estimated 200 million gallons of water every
day, while demand is about 500 million
gallons/day.
It is estimated that more than 70 percent of
the Nigerian population lacks access to a
reliable clean water supply.
Recently, Water Minister Ochekpe said the
country would need more than $2.5 billion
USD to meet increasing demand for water.
Earlier, a survey carried out by the University
of Maiduguri in the capital and largest city of
Borno State confirmed that the increase in
the number of boreholes there, as in other
parts of Nigeria, was due to the inability by
the federal and regional government to
meet demand.

If you think you have bore hole and you are save wait till they implement this.
Re: Nigeria To Have Adequate Water Supply By 2025 by bigdoo: 5:53pm On Sep 14, 2012
What about vision 20-20-20? If Nigerians will have adequate water in 2025, then let's forget about being among the first 20 developed countries in the world by 2020. Such a vision can only become a mirage.
Re: Nigeria To Have Adequate Water Supply By 2025 by Kenistry(m): 5:55pm On Sep 14, 2012
U r not serious mrs minister! So gud water supply no follow 4 vision 2020, abi na 2025! So annoyin to hia dis...mmmmcctttheww
Re: Nigeria To Have Adequate Water Supply By 2025 by Godogwu: 5:57pm On Sep 14, 2012
ogugua88: 13 years. By then my children will be in grade school. These politicians have no shame. So until then, Nigerians should do what? Continue to contract typhoid?

Are you really that silly?....do you think it's possible to give the whole Nigeria of over 160 million people adequate water supply in two months??.....like!! The reasoning of some folks here are just plain dumb!....
Re: Nigeria To Have Adequate Water Supply By 2025 by ignis: 6:00pm On Sep 14, 2012
U thought this was included in the 2020 seven point agenda. While are they postponing it again?
Re: Nigeria To Have Adequate Water Supply By 2025 by NosaHenry(m): 6:02pm On Sep 14, 2012
ogugua88: 13 years. By then my children will be in grade school. These politicians have no shame. So until then, Nigerians should do what? Continue to contract typhoid?

I weep for Nigeria. You said what!!! CONTRACT?
Re: Nigeria To Have Adequate Water Supply By 2025 by AdeniyiA(m): 6:08pm On Sep 14, 2012
are dis ppl in govt not wise @all to kno dt nigerians are no longer interested in their 'to...' but d actual thing?
will she still b around in dt yr?
she shud only tell us wat she can deliver within her tenure,not some forlorn hope.
water,water,water even to d extent of displacing and killing ppl esp in lag, they couldnt harness d resources for our use,instead they would b in their mansions wt 247 water supply n come on air to spit out trash!
mtsheeeew .smh
Re: Nigeria To Have Adequate Water Supply By 2025 by Nobody: 6:15pm On Sep 14, 2012
Nosa-Henry:

I weep for Nigeria. You said what!!! CONTRACT?
we should weep for you instead...you contract diseases,not contact diseases...did you attend evening school?#justasking#dumb ass.
Re: Nigeria To Have Adequate Water Supply By 2025 by vanstanzy(m): 6:25pm On Sep 14, 2012
Guys hope say una no dey wait FG water supply? No even gee urselves hbp cos of the rubbish that minister spew. Just do like i do, take ur destiny into ur own hands, provide ur own water if u can.
Re: Nigeria To Have Adequate Water Supply By 2025 by Clemzy16(m): 6:28pm On Sep 14, 2012
Ain't these so-called leaders tired of giving us hopeless hope. They're just propanganda. Before, it was vision 2010, later 2020, now 2025. Obviously, She would be out of office by then. NIGERIA! What a failed Nation.
Re: Nigeria To Have Adequate Water Supply By 2025 by kariolality: 6:31pm On Sep 14, 2012
Who told her she would still be a minister by 2025.Another government will come and distabilize her plans.
Re: Nigeria To Have Adequate Water Supply By 2025 by Joeself1(m): 6:34pm On Sep 14, 2012
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaa....!!! Rapture go don come by dat tym nah...!
Re: Nigeria To Have Adequate Water Supply By 2025 by TerryCarr(m): 6:34pm On Sep 14, 2012
Africa is slow. it should be by 2014
Re: Nigeria To Have Adequate Water Supply By 2025 by AdeniyiA(m): 6:48pm On Sep 14, 2012
Joe_self: Haaaaaaaaaaaaaa....!!! Rapture go don come by dat tym nah...!
u go don ready?
Re: Nigeria To Have Adequate Water Supply By 2025 by ayox2003: 7:09pm On Sep 14, 2012
2025! Hahaha.

How old am I gonna be by then?

How old is my Daughter gonna be by then?

And how are my parents gonna be by 2025?

God bless Nigeria

Frawzey
Re: Nigeria To Have Adequate Water Supply By 2025 by Ekeeyhandsome(m): 7:21pm On Sep 14, 2012
grin wow...bythen i would be the next president of naija...stil beats my mind hw they gat to knw wht i intended achieving....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photos: Pls Be The Judge(akpabio Vs Ameachi's Stadium) / Sokoto Seeks Suspension Of Networks’ Blockade / 20 Thousand Lagosians Escape Lagos Traffic Daily In These Air Conditioned Train

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.