Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,459 members, 7,819,671 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:34 PM

Nigeria To Have Adequate Water Supply By 2025 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria To Have Adequate Water Supply By 2025 (5841 Views)

LASG Plans Total Water Supply By 2020 / Rivers To Get 24-hour Power Supply By December / 6,000mw Of Electricity Supply By Dec May Be Unrealistic - Minister Of Power (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria To Have Adequate Water Supply By 2025 by REALIKUKU: 7:28pm On Sep 14, 2012
I pray she will be alive in the nest 13 years to enjoy her democratic dividend, unless if she is thinking otherwise.Bad business.
Re: Nigeria To Have Adequate Water Supply By 2025 by Nightshift(m): 7:44pm On Sep 14, 2012
They repeatedly lied about water everywhere ,electricity for every Nigerian , free education and cheap food - all that were to happen in 1990! Charly Boy made the best out of those empty promises by mimicking the political elites in his famous song 'oil money'.
Re: Nigeria To Have Adequate Water Supply By 2025 by Nobody: 8:04pm On Sep 14, 2012
Idileke: I wish this comes to reality

You sound so naive or you just want to talk.

Only a mediocre minister will make such an empty promise. She just wants to make a comment at a function, thats all. Vision 2000, 2010, 2020 and now 2025. Vision no dey end for this visionless country

So for Nigerians who dont have drinking water, manage your thirst till 2025.........the last time i checked, i had a borehole.
Re: Nigeria To Have Adequate Water Supply By 2025 by Nobody: 8:06pm On Sep 14, 2012
irecruit: THAT WILL BE A DREAM COME TRUE. I JUST HOPE ITS TRUE.

Anodar mumu
Re: Nigeria To Have Adequate Water Supply By 2025 by Nobody: 8:09pm On Sep 14, 2012
jude33084: Must they always talk?!

Ask dem oo. Ori e o daa
Re: Nigeria To Have Adequate Water Supply By 2025 by Nobody: 8:16pm On Sep 14, 2012
kokoye:

Your dreaming of adequate water supply by 2025? good luck to you o.

If his dream is durable water for 2025, i wonder when he would dream for a car or house.
Re: Nigeria To Have Adequate Water Supply By 2025 by Osama10(m): 8:19pm On Sep 14, 2012
Foolish People.
Re: Nigeria To Have Adequate Water Supply By 2025 by Akilokazeem(m): 8:23pm On Sep 14, 2012
Is there any thing they wont promise us in this country.....empty promizes....wel mu c if diz one go com 2 paz......
Re: Nigeria To Have Adequate Water Supply By 2025 by Nobody: 8:28pm On Sep 14, 2012
fankasibe:
for ur useless dream abi? If it doesn't come to reality what will u do by then?

The Odeh will write the minister's office. And he will get a reply that the last date Sarah Ochekpe sat as a minister was 28 May, 2015.
Re: Nigeria To Have Adequate Water Supply By 2025 by Nobody: 8:32pm On Sep 14, 2012
Orblonde: I really find reading this very painful. Do our rulers really have this much disprespect for us? I am speeachless on so many levels, including the audience that this speech was addressed to

Shame leave Sahara O' Shekpe dey catch you. I feel ur pain. *WeT eYeZ* Can i get a tissue
Re: Nigeria To Have Adequate Water Supply By 2025 by dasparrow: 8:40pm On Sep 14, 2012
@Post

Nigerian leaders should stop making empty promises. It is getting very obnoxious. They are not even ashamed that in 2012 we cannot boast of adequate water supply and they are here telling us about 2025. I just dislike most Nigerian leaders because they don't have what it takes to move the country forward. They are only in politics so that they can loot us dry.
Re: Nigeria To Have Adequate Water Supply By 2025 by Nobody: 8:40pm On Sep 14, 2012
4reigningqueen: Nigerian State’s Proposed Borehole Ban
Sparks Controversy
11 Jun 2012 - 00:00 by OOSKAnews
Correspondent
NIGERIA, ABUJA — Lagos state, home to
Nigeria’s largest urban area and commercial
capital, last week became the latest state in
the country to propose a ban on drilling
boreholes for water.
Lagos State Governor Babatunda Fashola on
June 6 called for “shutting down of
boreholes because they have long-term
environmental impacts and damage our
state and people.”
The ban would apply to individuals and
private companies.
The proposal came shortly after national
Water Minister Sarah Ochekpe was quoted
saying there was “a high possibility” that
the federal government would impose a
similar ban, or at least regulate “the extent
to which they were constructed.”
Fashola urged water consumers in Lagos
utilize water supplied by Lagos Water
Corporation, said to be Africa’s largest water
provider, rather than digging their own
wells.
The corporation’s managing director, Shayo
Holloway, had previously warned that
continued borehole drilling for water supply
was an unsustainable practice and posed a
danger to the would-be beneficiaries.
“Domestic boreholes are affecting water
production because [they] pollute the water
when they are abandoned and refuse is
dumped into them,” he said.
The Lagos Water Corporation is working
toward a goal of supplying more than 700
millions of gallons a day to customers by
building at least 15 new mini-waterworks
over the next 10 years.
Currently, the company provides an
estimated 200 million gallons of water every
day, while demand is about 500 million
gallons/day.
It is estimated that more than 70 percent of
the Nigerian population lacks access to a
reliable clean water supply.
Recently, Water Minister Ochekpe said the
country would need more than $2.5 billion
USD to meet increasing demand for water.
Earlier, a survey carried out by the University
of Maiduguri in the capital and largest city of
Borno State confirmed that the increase in
the number of boreholes there, as in other
parts of Nigeria, was due to the inability by
the federal and regional government to
meet demand.

If you think you have bore hole and you are save wait till they implement this.

My broda, if i dey pump water inside my compound, u no go know. Nah poverty mentality and hate dey worry you. Go get a life.

Am not your type that will dream for portable water till 2025 ie. Carrying jerrycan for head everyday. U sef no dey patronize borehole Lie make i hear.

Tell me that Sarah Och-ekpe doesnt have borehole in her compound. You are talking about lagos state where the governor is actively developing the state. Does every Nigerian reside in Lagos Better change your thinking pattern and stop consoling yourself in poverty.
Re: Nigeria To Have Adequate Water Supply By 2025 by naturalwaves: 8:46pm On Sep 14, 2012
And by 2025,no one would be able to hold her for her failed promises.She would be nowhere to be found just like d past leaders.SMH. Ow can someone just make an empty statement devoid of plans and statistics.She even said,we lack adequate manpower.WTF!!!! Or did she mean to say Technical Know How? undecided Even at that,we do not lack any and if she thinks we do,what are d preparations she is putting in place for d training of such pple.Which kain ministers sef we dey get for Naija? Na wa o.I won't be surprised if she can't even explain ow she intends going about her unrealistic promises.
Re: Nigeria To Have Adequate Water Supply By 2025 by ajf(m): 8:50pm On Sep 14, 2012
The world will come to an end by 2023 then...
Re: Nigeria To Have Adequate Water Supply By 2025 by Adufaye(m): 9:10pm On Sep 14, 2012
I lyk dis,2025,b4 den world don end na....dem go do am 4 hell fire,so dat fire no go 2 burn der corupted lyf
Re: Nigeria To Have Adequate Water Supply By 2025 by Nobody: 9:14pm On Sep 14, 2012
Godogwu: Are you really that silly?....do you think it's possible to give the whole Nigeria of over 160 million people adequate water supply in two months??.....like!! The reasoning of some folks here are just plain dumb!....

I should be asking you oga. Who said anything about two months? Illiteracy na pandemic.
Re: Nigeria To Have Adequate Water Supply By 2025 by Nobody: 9:16pm On Sep 14, 2012
Nosa-Henry:
I weep for Nigeria. You said what!!! CONTRACT?

Kai, chukwu nye m aka. In fact, the tissue you were using to weep, give me. Make I weep for you instead. Until 2025, you should grab the English dictionary and familiarize yourself with the language. Nothing I said is wrong.
Re: Nigeria To Have Adequate Water Supply By 2025 by EreluY(f): 10:09pm On Sep 14, 2012
[size=30pt]What an absolute disgrace![/size]
Re: Nigeria To Have Adequate Water Supply By 2025 by UNLEASHED(m): 10:16pm On Sep 14, 2012
Bunch of clueless ar$eholes
Re: Nigeria To Have Adequate Water Supply By 2025 by luc26(f): 10:51pm On Sep 14, 2012
2025!!!must dis politicans alwyz open dere mouths?
Re: Nigeria To Have Adequate Water Supply By 2025 by santa62(m): 11:52pm On Sep 14, 2012
This na new scam way them done introduce, no be today we don dey hear der visions and dreams GOD dey
Re: Nigeria To Have Adequate Water Supply By 2025 by Nobody: 12:41am On Sep 15, 2012
Bombaclaat! Bloodclaat! 2025? Shame! cry
Re: Nigeria To Have Adequate Water Supply By 2025 by taharqa: 1:36am On Sep 15, 2012
Just a small question abeg: is it d FED govt or state/local govts dat is responsible 4 d provision of clean drinking water? The state governors must be laughing dier a$$es now at our foolishness in completely 'forgotten' them; i join dem laugh too....on d other hand, d Minister shld plz learn to keep quiet; am tired of all these highfalutin promises. just do ya own bit, do it well and leave there
Re: Nigeria To Have Adequate Water Supply By 2025 by wirinet(m): 5:12am On Sep 15, 2012
Na 1990(sorry 2025), dem go give us water.
I want die o.
Give me water drink.

As Fela talk am Na Suffering and Smiling.
Re: Nigeria To Have Adequate Water Supply By 2025 by Exponental(m): 6:57am On Sep 15, 2012
What a silly statement:
she knows by then she wont be there as a minister and obviously in dis country, there is nothing like continuity.
2025..............dat's 13yrs time. she herself might have died then.
Are they planning to import water again
Re: Nigeria To Have Adequate Water Supply By 2025 by seanbenito: 9:07am On Sep 15, 2012
Only in nigeria!
Damn i LOVE this country.
And all we do is sit on our behinds and lament.
SMH.
Re: Nigeria To Have Adequate Water Supply By 2025 by EagleNest(m): 9:23am On Sep 15, 2012
What a dream? I have never bothered about GOVT promises because it never happens.
Close to 2025, they'll push it to 2030, and from 2030 to 2050. In fact we don't need Govt anymore in Nigeria.
Let's manage ourselves at community level where we'll know each other and I think our lives will be better-off than what we have now.
Re: Nigeria To Have Adequate Water Supply By 2025 by natureem: 9:38am On Sep 15, 2012
Half of d populace will be dead already Crazy kuntry
Re: Nigeria To Have Adequate Water Supply By 2025 by Jilo83(m): 10:02am On Sep 15, 2012
2025! Kai dis government i no serious. He no talk about 2013, even vision 2020 don pafuka. Yeye people, thank God say well n river dey there.
Re: Nigeria To Have Adequate Water Supply By 2025 by Nobody: 2:19pm On Sep 15, 2012
Re: Nigeria To Have Adequate Water Supply By 2025 by Jidejaay: 3:01pm On Sep 15, 2012
Dat will be in hell,when u know dat Jesus is coming soon.
Re: Nigeria To Have Adequate Water Supply By 2025 by LIVEMAN1: 4:03pm On Sep 15, 2012
Is it because we did not talk, you these people thought that u are talking to slowpoke, in 1990 they told us that "House for all in yr 2000,", in 2005 they said there would be no Power Interruption, Basic Education for all, During the time of Ransom Olikoye (Minister of Health)they said we will all enjoy free health programme, during the time of President Umaru the then Minister of Works came out to brag to Nigerians that no govt ever earmark an enormous money for road construction and so on and so forth Now it is WATER for all. What was the outcome of OIL SUBSIDY as President GEJ proposed. I beg make una go si down. If u don't have nothing to say better keep-quite?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

20 Thousand Lagosians Escape Lagos Traffic Daily In These Air Conditioned Train / How Will You Feel Reading This On Headline News In 2019?? / Prof Sagay Resigns As Chairman Presidential Advisory Committee On Corruption

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.