Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,852 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

Why Do Married Women Prefer Sitting beside Their Husband In A Vehicle - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Married Women Prefer Sitting beside Their Husband In A Vehicle (7620 Views)

Ladies ; Would You leave Your Husband In A Place Like This (photo) / Why Do Some Married Women Enjoy Their Husband Begging For Sex? / Do Married Men Go Home After Work? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Married Women Prefer Sitting beside Their Husband In A Vehicle by Nobody: 8:51pm On Sep 14, 2012
dayokanu: ^^ Mr Siena,

You know about cars and you have a wife.

Does the latest Honda "Samguru" have a wife compartment?

Quote of the month, filed away for future reference, LMAO. grin In answer to your question though, I believe that option was deleted on this "model." wink

1 Like

Re: Why Do Married Women Prefer Sitting beside Their Husband In A Vehicle by somebody(f): 9:31pm On Sep 14, 2012
As modern as I like to think I am - I think samguru has a point. The wife joined them - she could have waited for the passenger in the front seat to get off at his stop before joining her husband in front. At least that is what I would have done.

It's different if they all set off together and samguru went straight to the front seat.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Married Women Prefer Sitting beside Their Husband In A Vehicle by Nobody: 11:08pm On Sep 14, 2012
^^^

lets even assume it was not the wife - samguru's demand is plain stoopid

it is standard when giving lifts, the people most likely to drop first ALWAYS stay in the back of the car .

that way you don't have to take extended stops where your rear passengers then move to the front passenger seat of the car
Re: Why Do Married Women Prefer Sitting beside Their Husband In A Vehicle by Busybody2(f): 11:31pm On Sep 14, 2012
oyb: ^^^

lets even assume it was not the wife - samguru's demand is plain stoopid

it is standard when giving lifts, the people most likely to drop first ALWAYS stay in the back of the car .

that way you don't have to take extended stops where your rear passengers then move to the front passenger seat of the car

Hmmm, so you mean the 30 seconds it will take for wifey to transfer to the front after samguru disembarks, is "much much more extended" than the 30 seconds it will take for samguru to decamp to the back seat for wifey Even if na Ikamefa-esque/Spikedcylinder-esque/Bluespice-esque/Mukina2-esque/ileke-idi-esque's type of yansh, e wan take them more than 1 minute to arrange their heavy duty bakassi on top the car sit ni, haba, e de renle.

Oh what was I thinking sef, which car fit move again if those kain yansh I listed above enter motor, the car is not going nowhere, the poor tyre will just go flat, then the wheel will need balancing, the whole car would need realignment, the suspension and shock absorber nko . . . lipsrsealed Okay, I will go and think of moderately sized yansh people to use as examples, would be back soon tongue

1 Like

Re: Why Do Married Women Prefer Sitting beside Their Husband In A Vehicle by ferhyntorlah(f): 11:55pm On Sep 14, 2012
Siena: Samguru, I don't get this. Why are you so sore over such a trivial issue? A wife's place is beside her husband, if your "man" hadn't asked you to sit at the back, it's only polite (and sensible) you should even offer your "man's" wife the front.

Your brain ain't working? Or you homo? undecided undecided

Exactly my thought Mr Siena. When his friend stopped to pick his wife, a sensible man would have offered the wife the front seat while he takes the back seat. That is showing RESPECT to his friend.

I also think the lady was impolite in telling him to change position.

What God has joined together, let no sitting position put asunder!

PS: Let's treat people the way we want to be treated.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Married Women Prefer Sitting beside Their Husband In A Vehicle by armyofone(m): 1:53am On Sep 15, 2012
you are supposed to respect Mrs wifey and carry yourself to the passenger side seat. next
time follow the silent law of marriage and hurry to where you belong (backseat)or go buy your own car.

wifey place is in the front seat, samguguru ok.
Re: Why Do Married Women Prefer Sitting beside Their Husband In A Vehicle by Simplechic: 9:20am On Sep 15, 2012
When the car stopped to pick wifey, the poster should have wilfully stepped to the back seat without any prodding. Especially knowing that he would be dropping soonest. What was the point waiting till you drop off before she comes to the front when the swap can be done on the first stop.

Same way you dont see it as a big deal for wifey to sit in the back seat is same way you shouldn't have made a deal of going to the back without been told.
Re: Why Do Married Women Prefer Sitting beside Their Husband In A Vehicle by maclatunji: 10:00am On Sep 15, 2012
I think I get the story now. Man and buddy have been traveling side-by-side for hours. They reach a location to pick wife up. Wife demands that friend goes to back seat for her to sit in front.

Well, she does have the right to. Although, I question the wisdom of making it so glaring and obvious in your face.

OP, accept it without grudges. It's your friend's wife now. We wouldn't want to make her unhappy, would we?
Re: Why Do Married Women Prefer Sitting beside Their Husband In A Vehicle by vanitty: 10:27am On Sep 15, 2012
Eyin mejeji ni ikan se. (Both of you have issues)
You (Husband friend) should have stood up willingly and moved to the back when Mrs came, not a power struggle but just because you are getting off first.
and seeing that you did not stand up, Mrs should have just allowed it and sat at the back. There are some things you don't need to do to prove that your husband is your husband!

Things like this are so trivial and obviously it pained you so much for you to make a post on nairaland.
The Mrs has an enemy now unknowingly, let just pray Mr does not ask for your advice one day regarding something pertaining to his Mrs!
Re: Why Do Married Women Prefer Sitting beside Their Husband In A Vehicle by Geomac: 10:42am On Sep 15, 2012
ferhyntorlah:

Exactly my thought Mr Siena. When his friend stopped to pick his wife, a sensible man would have offered the wife the front seat while he takes the back seat. That is showing RESPECT to his friend.

I also think the lady was impolite in telling him to change position.

What God has joined together, let no sitting position put asunder!

PS: Let's treat people the way we want to be treated.

I quite agree with you
Re: Why Do Married Women Prefer Sitting beside Their Husband In A Vehicle by Nobody: 3:03pm On Sep 16, 2012
Busy_body:

There is no two ways about this, but your friend's wife is rude, crass, mannerless, lacks etiquette and just plain discourteous.

Would it take the skin off her nose if she allowed you to alight at your dropping off point since you had already been travelling in the same car for 4 hours before branching to pick her up, tschewww. Heck even if the journey just started, would she drop dead if she did not sit in front with her husband that day All this I must be Madam by force, Nigerian women and their misguided priorities sha, dang. And you are even a "family" friend oh, not just a friend of her Husband, oshi o da nile pako, arrant nonsense of the highest order !!!

True Talk. Everybody knows she is Mrs must she prove it all the time.
Re: Why Do Married Women Prefer Sitting beside Their Husband In A Vehicle by juleze(f): 3:29pm On Sep 16, 2012
It's men like this I dread o. They can be so petty, and yet they talk about being the head and in charge.
I'm sure this woman must have told you to change position in a jocular or respectful manner, rather than commanding/ordering you. She wouldn't know that you're such an unreasonable fellow, who went home in anger over something this trivial, or she might have left the front seat for you.

Abeg grow up jare, you'll soon be the head of a home.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Married Women Prefer Sitting beside Their Husband In A Vehicle by victorian(f): 5:34pm On Sep 16, 2012
Its just like a friend of mine , married lady says she and her husband were thinking of how to tell the husband younger brother that his frequents visits in their house is too much and that they need their privacy. Her husband told his younger brother to reduce his visits. The younger brother just flared up, that he wont reduce anything, and that his sweat is in their house and hope they remebered when he supervised the painting of their sitting room, bedrooms , kitchen and infact outside walls, when they , the couple where at work. So he has every right to be in their house!... my friend quickly readjust her mindset about him, and concludede in her mind, that her husband"s younger brother is her enemy in disguise and she has to be very watchful and prayerful. Cause if anything bad happens to her husband, God forbid, the brother will not hesistate to fling her out, to claim their home,be cause he helped in supervising the painting... angry His 10kobo is not in the building of that house o...he is claiming equal right.. angry
Re: Why Do Married Women Prefer Sitting beside Their Husband In A Vehicle by victorian(f): 5:35pm On Sep 16, 2012
OP, dont be petty.
Re: Why Do Married Women Prefer Sitting beside Their Husband In A Vehicle by Nobody: 5:41pm On Sep 16, 2012
victorian: Its just like a friend of mine , married lady says she and her husband were thinking of how to tell the husband younger brother that his frequents visits in their house is too much and that they need their privacy. Her husband told his younger brother to reduce his visits. The younger brother just flared up, that he wont reduce anything, and that his sweat is in their house and hope they remebered when he supervised the painting of their sitting room, bedrooms , kitchen and infact outside walls, when they , the couple where at work. So he has every right to be in their house!... my friend quickly readjust her mindset about him, and concludede in her mind, that her husband"s younger brother is her enemy in disguise and she has to be very watchful and prayerful. Cause if anything bad happens to her husband, God forbid, the brother will not hesistate to fling her out, to claim their home,be cause he helped in supervising the painting... angry His 10kobo is not in the building of that house o...he is claiming equal right.. angry
This is funny and scary. I am really laughing so hard. Haba, na wa oh, there are really mentally unstable person living in our midst. Thank God your friends husband did the telling, for say na the wife, na world war 3 for happen
Re: Why Do Married Women Prefer Sitting beside Their Husband In A Vehicle by victorian(f): 7:13pm On Sep 16, 2012
@ debrief, abi o.... i was also laughing too, when she was telling me, with all sense of anger. And that she is now thinking of safeguarding her husband,and future more...especially her future, just incase ..it is wa on sum pples mentality.
Re: Why Do Married Women Prefer Sitting beside Their Husband In A Vehicle by OYINBOGOJU(m): 7:13pm On Sep 16, 2012
Well Poster

Even though I like to support you but I think out of respect you should have offered to relocate to the back seat before she open her mouth at all.....

It is now left for her and the husband to tell you not to worry that you will soon get down.

Come to think of it again

What if tragedy struck in those minutes you people were changing seat position, who would take the blame?
Re: Why Do Married Women Prefer Sitting beside Their Husband In A Vehicle by Nobody: 9:20pm On Sep 16, 2012
Sisi_Kill: What. . .the. . .hell??!!
Re: Why Do Married Women Prefer Sitting beside Their Husband In A Vehicle by Fhemmmy: 1:48am On Sep 17, 2012
samguru:
this happened to me yesterday,when my friend's wife stylishly ordered me to relocate to the back seat despite where i was going was that not far

our married women what is the rationale behind this?

I am so glad to hear this that a woman is now telling the men the right thing.
Gentleman, so you want to sit infront of the car beside the husband of the woman and send the woman to the back? Na wa oh . . . I am not sure of the reason why you think that should be the right thing to do.
No matter where we are going or who is with you, My father or Mother or in-laws, my wife sits right beside me, except if the person is sit and need the front space and even at that, i will adjust the front chair to make the back more comfortable for the person. . . . My wife is my mate and my best friend and she deserves to sit right beside me where i can be winking at her
Re: Why Do Married Women Prefer Sitting beside Their Husband In A Vehicle by Fhemmmy: 1:50am On Sep 17, 2012
victorian: Its just like a friend of mine , married lady says she and her husband were thinking of how to tell the husband younger brother that his frequents visits in their house is too much and that they need their privacy. Her husband told his younger brother to reduce his visits. The younger brother just flared up, that he wont reduce anything, and that his sweat is in their house and hope they remebered when he supervised the painting of their sitting room, bedrooms , kitchen and infact outside walls, when they , the couple where at work. So he has every right to be in their house!... my friend quickly readjust her mindset about him, and concludede in her mind, that her husband"s younger brother is her enemy in disguise and she has to be very watchful and prayerful. Cause if anything bad happens to her husband, God forbid, the brother will not hesistate to fling her out, to claim their home,be cause he helped in supervising the painting... angry His 10kobo is not in the building of that house o...he is claiming equal right.. angry

One of the reasons why we should try to stay away from too much family familiarity tongue
Re: Why Do Married Women Prefer Sitting beside Their Husband In A Vehicle by Kobojunkie: 2:18am On Sep 17, 2012

What is their to be watchful and prayerful about? Na so people dey bring trouble home with them and then wonder why trouble continues to show up anytime they turn around. Abeg, you friend should immediately look for a way to pay the younger brother for his services. . . if he feels he has done so much and kick his arse out of the door right after that. Imagine the nonsense!
Re: Why Do Married Women Prefer Sitting beside Their Husband In A Vehicle by Kobojunkie: 2:21am On Sep 17, 2012
samguru: i think this topic,has become a trend in the society now,because you would hardly find a married woman sitting far away from her husband,even if the mother and father of her husband are finding it inconvenient in the vehicle.

this happened to me yesterday,when my friend's wife stylishly ordered me to relocate to the back seat despite where i was going was that not far

our married women what is the rationale behind this?

The car belongs to her . . . she can send you out of it if she wants.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Married Women Prefer Sitting beside Their Husband In A Vehicle by Fhemmmy: 2:38am On Sep 17, 2012
Kobojunkie: The car belongs to her . . . she can send you out of it if she wants.

Beautifully said!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Married Women Prefer Sitting beside Their Husband In A Vehicle by Kobojunkie: 2:42am On Sep 17, 2012
samguru: my point is,there was a space in the car yesterday,and perhaps we have been on road for about 4 hours,the most painful is she knew that i would be alighting at a short distance from the point where she was picked,despite all these she could not respect me and stylishly ordered me to move to the back seat.

this is denigrating! and before my friend married her i know the role i played and plenty prostrations on her wedding day.

Ever heard of the phrase "common courtesy"? I mean it is, world over, known that the man's wife owns the car, and the front seat is hers. You should have, yourself, moved to the back seat out of courtesy. She should not have needed to tell you this. So, I think you should bow your head in shame that you missed these lessons growing up, not open a thread to rant about this.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Married Women Prefer Sitting beside Their Husband In A Vehicle by Fhemmmy: 2:52am On Sep 17, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Ever heard of the phrase "common courtesy"? I mean it is, world over, known that the man's wife owns the car, and the front seat is hers. You should have, yourself, moved to the back seat out of courtesy. She should not have needed to tell you this. So, I think you should bow your head in shame that you missed these lessons growing up, not open a thread to rant about this.

I just wondered what the man would have done or said if the wife of the friend is the one behind the wheels, i guess he would have wanted to sit beside another man's wife all cos he is not going far . . . Lol
Re: Why Do Married Women Prefer Sitting beside Their Husband In A Vehicle by Kobojunkie: 3:18am On Sep 17, 2012
Fhemmmy:

I just wondered what the man would have done or said if the wife of the friend is the one behind the wheels, i guess he would have wanted to sit beside another man's wife all cos he is not going far . . . Lol

You dey mind am . . . grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Married Women Prefer Sitting beside Their Husband In A Vehicle by Nobody: 8:48am On Sep 17, 2012
I think the OP's on the low-down. I'm not judging him, if that's the case, I believe in live and let live...as long as the choice of others doesn't affect the way I live my own life.

My gripe is with this guy opening a thread about this, this, heck! What is this thread about anyway? A full-grown man acting so petulant over his pal's wife wanting to sit beside her husband is not an attractive scenario - if I was in that car, I'd have been ashamed for him.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Married Women Prefer Sitting beside Their Husband In A Vehicle by samguru(m): 11:12am On Sep 17, 2012
the nairaland women don abuse me die for expressing my mind,anyway the woman came to my house and knelt down before me for her action on that day,and her husband(my friend) begged me on phone.

when i told my wife,she was very angry about it,because she has not done that to my friend
Re: Why Do Married Women Prefer Sitting beside Their Husband In A Vehicle by Nobody: 11:26am On Sep 17, 2012
samguru: the nairaland women don abuse me die for expressing my mind,anyway the woman came to my house and knelt down before me for her action on that day,and her husband(my friend) begged me on phone.

when i told my wife,she was very angry about it,because she has not done that to my friend
So what are you feeling like? What about Nairaland men who spoke out against your pettiness? Why single out the women? The men who outrightly called you gay nko? Anyway I dont blame you when silly women and kneeling down for nothing and making you feel like you are smart and a god why wont you think like one.
Re: Why Do Married Women Prefer Sitting beside Their Husband In A Vehicle by Simplechic: 11:35am On Sep 17, 2012
samguru: the nairaland women don abuse me die for expressing my mind,anyway the woman came to my house and knelt down before me for her action on that day,and her husband(my friend) begged me on phone.

I don't buy the part of kneeling down to beg you. Like seriously, was there really an offence in the first instance. But if it makes you feel cool...then why not.

It is best you get busy with your time than look for petty trivial things to thrive on.
Re: Why Do Married Women Prefer Sitting beside Their Husband In A Vehicle by blank(f): 11:41am On Sep 17, 2012
What is your wife feeling like sef?

See what your pettiness has caused? Do you guys think you will still remain as good friends as you all used to be?
This is just too silly.
However, it is a pointer to me to see that not everyone reasons like me and people can read silly meanings into the most innocuous of things.

It’s her husband I blame the most.
Re: Why Do Married Women Prefer Sitting beside Their Husband In A Vehicle by Nobody: 11:55am On Sep 17, 2012

Story, keep concoting lies to justify your dumb thread. kneel ko, stand ni

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why You Should Not Marry A Girl Below 25 Years Of Age / My Pastor's Wife Is Carrying Belongs To Me. / Flogging Your Partners Younger Ones? : How Appropriate?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.