Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,993 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? (14855 Views)

10 Ways To Stay Friends After Being Intimate / How To Stay Friends With Your Ex / Is It Safe To Be Friends With "Cuddle Benefit' With A Guy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? by akereconfi: 11:11am On Sep 15, 2012
Old Fire Wood no quench.................steady nyashing tins
Re: Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? by shamama: 11:16am On Sep 15, 2012
Yes of coarse
Re: Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? by Calebsy07: 11:16am On Sep 15, 2012
I can stay as friends wit my ex as long as she is not doing any thing that will affect my new relationship, and even at that, i will never have any close association wit her, i will only relate wit her based on universal basis. All that is to prove to her that opposite of love is not hatred. And everything must be done wit great understand.
Re: Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? by vanstanzy(m): 11:16am On Sep 15, 2012
An Ex- already knows ur romantic weak spot, so it depends on how u two broke up in the first place. Yeah, u can remain friends with a non-possessive Ex-, the possessive ones are the problem though. Another problem presents itself when u feel the need to always meet ur Ex- face to face, its then u know its getting out of hand, and a stop needs to be put to it.
Re: Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? by Nobody: 11:20am On Sep 15, 2012
It depends o, if your ex is that angry she-devil type, you better stay a close friend to her if not you go wake up one morning discover say dem don use acid baff ur body, all in the excuse of "you broke my heart", besides that, An EX is called an EX because that's an EXample of an EXtreme waste of time

1 Like

Re: Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? by gomis(m): 11:24am On Sep 15, 2012
Being friends with your ex is either you are still inlove with yourself or you both were never inlove

1 Like

Re: Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? by hardbody: 11:27am On Sep 15, 2012
Aim in touch with most of my Ex's via BB, Skype, phone calls, the net, etc. One common thread that runs through all these chats is that they want us to get down to phocking again. It's probably safest to keep them at arms length except you want to comply with Okafor's law.
Re: Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? by pheesayor(m): 11:28am On Sep 15, 2012
I am friends with 4, close friends. Even fell again for the first one who was single again, but we shelved the idea grin
Re: Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? by SaucyDolph(f): 11:32am On Sep 15, 2012
People that are friends with their ex are those that were not truly in love or those that had nothing to lose or those that didnt share intimacy. We all know how vulnerable we are and if seeing our ex will ignite special memories that could make us have a (stupid) rethink then i think we had better stay away.
Re: Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? by HumbleServant(m): 11:36am On Sep 15, 2012
I CAN'T BE FRIEND TO MY EX (EJIRO) A GIRL DAT I LUV'D, SHE DIVOICED ME WITHOUT ANY REASON. This is my present problem. I STILL LUV HER, I CAN'T BE.,...,..,.,.,
Re: Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? by Nobody: 11:36am On Sep 15, 2012
Saucy Dolph: People that are friends with their ex are those that were not truly in love or those that had nothing to lose or those that didnt share intimacy. We all know how vulnerable we are and if seeing our ex will ignite special memories that could make us have a (stupid) rethink then i think we had better stay away.
Rightly said!
Re: Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? by Nobody: 11:38am On Sep 15, 2012
my take is NO, my hubby is d friend i could ever look for in an ex. i rather keep male frnds dat i hv no feelings for dan an ex.
Re: Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? by 76Naira(m): 11:40am On Sep 15, 2012
yes.

Just not too close. Not because of feelings but rather because the little space helps the new people in the relationship.
Re: Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? by 76Naira(m): 11:43am On Sep 15, 2012
Saucy Dolph: People that are friends with their ex are those that were not truly in love or those that had nothing to lose or those that didnt share intimacy. We all know how vulnerable we are and if seeing our ex will ignite special memories that could make us have a (stupid) rethink then i think we had better stay away.

Is this based on some research work? You really sound absolutely sure. I know you are wrong from my perspective.
I feel you need to be far off if you are not sure of your feelings. If you are focused and decided, a little friendship would not influence you.
Being able to stay away depends on how close your relationship was as well as on how many common relationships and friends both of you shared.

Don't assume.
Re: Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? by charlsecy4(m): 11:46am On Sep 15, 2012
Duke_Nija: People have different reasons for ending their love relationships, and these reasons ultimately determine the level of communication or friendship between both parties.

SummerT: it must b ascertained based on d platform(i.e eda disgusting or fairplay) at wc u ended ur relatnship.

Exponental: It all depends on u n hw d relationship ended.

ogugua88: It's circumstantial as it depends on how/why we broke up in the first place.

You are the only persons that got it right! Others, who have commented so far, were talking either RUBBISH, or something not far from it!

Whether you would remain friends with your ex should depend on how and what caused the breakup/separation.
Re: Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? by LarryTreash(m): 11:48am On Sep 15, 2012
Its lik keeping ur dead dog.
Re: Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? by sexyglow(f): 11:52am On Sep 15, 2012
My Ex is still my best friend because we didn't quarrel it was circumstance(s) that seperated us.we talk,we encourage each other..but we don't see because we live very far from each other.
Re: Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? by Saraha1(f): 12:01pm On Sep 15, 2012
Am learning.
Re: Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? by Nobody: 12:04pm On Sep 15, 2012
Yes o, very necessary.
Re: Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? by malipalina: 12:08pm On Sep 15, 2012
Kologie: @op I think your friend is right to an extent. Getting too close to your ex can actually whip up old feelings regardless of how high you try to raise your guard. If you are in a new relationship( especially if you are now married) the best bet is to cut off completely and set new rules of engagement.
You can interact with your ex in a very social setting, but not in a private atmosphere that can encourage passionate intimacy. For me, your ex should be seen as just one of your contacts; or like a book in the shelf-- consult them when you need them. Nothing more.

Anything more than that will amount to creating crack in the wall of your new relationship.

yap!
Re: Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? by Leobreezy(m): 12:12pm On Sep 15, 2012
Its like being in touch with a person who kidnapped you. You broke up for a reason, so stand by it. Being friends with an ex is definitely going to reignite old feelings whether you like it or not, and that can complicate things especially if u're already in another relationship. There's nothing wrong with being acquintances(acknowledging that they still exist by exchanging pleasantries), but anything beyond that is at your own risk.

1 Like

Re: Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? by OmoAlata(f): 12:16pm On Sep 15, 2012
jami3y: If it were you, would you still remain friends with your Ex?

My ex ran off with my friend lipsrsealed
Re: Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? by Ellashow: 12:20pm On Sep 15, 2012
[quote author=gbengarock]cant stand seein my loved one wit someone else so i'd rada keep d distance and gradually get u off my mind...

sooner or later u'd b invited to ur ex's weddin as a bestman/...

Funny
Re: Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? by NobleAngell(f): 12:25pm On Sep 15, 2012
I m friends wiv all ma exes. Life is 2 Short, no tym.
Re: Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Sep 15, 2012
Omo Alata:

My ex ran off with my friend lipsrsealed
Sorry about that
Re: Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? by Leobreezy(m): 12:30pm On Sep 15, 2012
You can't consider someone as your ex-lover when you still have feelings for them because, he/she is still the one you love. Ex means former, so before you classify someone as that, then all emotions and desires you had for that person must have effaced into oblivion.
Re: Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? by piphunter(m): 12:31pm On Sep 15, 2012
hardbody: Aim in touch with most of my Ex's via BB, Skype, phone calls, the net, etc. One common thread that runs through all these chats is that they want us to get down to phocking again. It's probably safest to keep them at arms length except you want to comply with Okafor's law.

And okafors law states that...... undecided
Re: Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Sep 15, 2012
Most girls like to still have a part of their ex. They are like a" di_ck in a jar" for them, break in case of an emergency. And the emergency can range from the boyfriend don't doing it right to the guy not putting the toilet seat down.
Re: Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? by MrsChima1(f): 12:36pm On Sep 15, 2012
The guys I have dated are my friends because we didn't get into a serious relationship....I don't believe in exclusive dating/relationship unless I am engaged to the person.

I think in my opinion...it is easier to be friends with an ex that you were platonic with than exes you were sexual with. JMO.
Re: Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? by jude33084(m): 12:41pm On Sep 15, 2012
vivian chinaza: Yes provided we don't have romantic feelings for each other anymore.

Its ∂ deceit! wink

1 Like

Re: Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? by Moukafoam(f): 12:46pm On Sep 15, 2012
Why are guys always after what's under? Is the two antena untop not enough? angry

Talkikng about ex, any guy u see arround his ex is looking for something else undecided
Re: Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? by Moukafoam(f): 12:48pm On Sep 15, 2012
jude33084:

Its ∂ deceit! wink

Total deceit smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Can't I Marry My Girlfriend? She's Fifteen / I Love My Boyfriend, But He Is Too Fat... / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.