Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,336 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:59 AM

My Strict Upbringing Affected My Social Life - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Strict Upbringing Affected My Social Life (1871 Views)

10 Strict Behaviours Ladies Display That Makes Their Future Husbands Run Away / How Bad Breath Is Ruining My Relationships, Social Life And Self Esteem. / Can Albinos Lead A Normal Social Life Just Like Any Other Person? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Strict Upbringing Affected My Social Life by Nobody: 1:39am On Sep 15, 2012
Re: My Strict Upbringing Affected My Social Life by k2039: 1:52am On Sep 15, 2012
Get books on building relationships.
Books like "How to Win Friends and Influence People" by Dale Carnegie.

You can drop your email so I can send you some ebooks
Re: My Strict Upbringing Affected My Social Life by okooloyun1(m): 2:03am On Sep 15, 2012
OP i understand how you are feeling. It affected me too and also kept me from being a baddest boy but made me some kind of mummies panties. Then, i hated that lifestyle with passion, now i thank God and my Mum for what i am today.
Re: My Strict Upbringing Affected My Social Life by obowunmi(m): 2:07am On Sep 15, 2012
hottiechoco: My parents used to lock us up. I and my siblings when we were growing up , didn't entertain male friends. I didn't have friends too cos I couldn't visit and we were always monitored. I remember when I was in secondary school and I was disciplined cos I greeted a boy on my way home, I didn't κиơω my dad was @ my back. now am thru wit d uni and still find it difficult to keep friends.
embarassed

Do you go to church or mosque? No friends there? How many siblings do you have? Do they have the same problem too?

Books are helpful but you also need to be practical. Have a good attitude, you will attract people.
Re: My Strict Upbringing Affected My Social Life by obowunmi(m): 2:08am On Sep 15, 2012
oko-oloyun:
OP i understand how you are feeling. It affected me too and also kept me from being a baddest boy but made me some kind of mummies panties, now i hate that lifestyle with passion.

Which one is mommies panties??
Re: My Strict Upbringing Affected My Social Life by obowunmi(m): 2:09am On Sep 15, 2012
@ OP: are male friends your problem or any friend?
Re: My Strict Upbringing Affected My Social Life by ArQueBusieR(m): 2:27am On Sep 15, 2012
See a therapist.
Re: My Strict Upbringing Affected My Social Life by Nobody: 4:07am On Sep 15, 2012
Had same upbringing but have no probs with my lifestyle......infact, am grateful I had such upbringing.
Re: My Strict Upbringing Affected My Social Life by Nobody: 5:07am On Sep 15, 2012
No nid lamentin on d odds of ystday.Now dat u are now an adult,and u knw d importance of socializing,y nt drop dos timid behaviour and mk frnds..nt necesarily kipin 2much,jst be free,jovial,entertaining and accomodating to all arnd u...dia is ntin specialy n mking frnds..jst kip a smilin face
Re: My Strict Upbringing Affected My Social Life by Mynd44: 5:36am On Sep 15, 2012
Dont swell on the past. Your upbringing has made you this way, so learn how to make this way work for you.
Re: My Strict Upbringing Affected My Social Life by claremont(m): 8:24am On Sep 15, 2012
There is no sense in blaming your parents (or anybody else for that matter) for your own misfortune. You are who you are because you made yourself so.
Re: My Strict Upbringing Affected My Social Life by Nobody: 8:44am On Sep 15, 2012
obowunmi:

Do you go to church or mosque? No friends there? How many siblings do you have? Do they have the same problem too?

Books are helpful but you also need to be practical. Have a good attitude, you will attract people.
Re: My Strict Upbringing Affected My Social Life by Nobody: 8:51am On Sep 15, 2012
claremont: There is no sense in blaming your parents (or anybody else for that matter) for your own misfortune. You are who you are because you made yourself so.

Misfortune in not keeping friends? undecided
Re: My Strict Upbringing Affected My Social Life by okooloyun1(m): 9:53am On Sep 15, 2012
hottiechoco:

Misfortune in not keeping friends? undecided
You just have to thank God that you are still alive, you can still make it right what you think is wrong in your life. The ball is now in your court be carefull d way you hit it and not keeping friends is not misfortune its takes two to tango if you are not friendly you will not have friends, if care is not taking this days on the types of friends we keep they will bring nothing than badluck so don't sweat it u are fine. Hottiechoco, let me tell you the challenges of bringing up children no be beans ooo you will understand better when you start to have your own kids. This is all i gat to offer you or else you don't mind if i blow you a k**s.
Re: My Strict Upbringing Affected My Social Life by okooloyun1(m): 9:59am On Sep 15, 2012
obowunmi:

Which one is mommies panties??
Do as i want kind of thing but am not locked up like OP shaa
Re: My Strict Upbringing Affected My Social Life by Nobody: 10:16am On Sep 15, 2012
Thanks
I do not see any misfortunes in not keeping friends too neither have I had any
Re: My Strict Upbringing Affected My Social Life by okooloyun1(m): 3:28pm On Sep 15, 2012
hottiechoco: Thanks
I do not see any misfortunes in not keeping friends too neither have I had any
Ok hottie,if we don't forget the past we might be passed away so live life,love life and life will be lovely.
Re: My Strict Upbringing Affected My Social Life by Nobody: 4:55pm On Apr 16, 2013
eeyyaa. Such a touching story... embarassed

(1) (Reply)

Single & Searching But Not Desperate. / ==broken== / How To Hack Your Partners Facebook Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.