Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,449 members, 7,770,098 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 03:15 AM

Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes - Food (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes (101498 Views)

22 Appropriate Names Of Nigerian Foods You Probably Didn't Know / Various Ghanaian Dishes / Your Favourite Nigerian Dishes? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by Ivynwa(f): 4:51am On Sep 17, 2012
Walahi, I dey vex for the person wey throway that fish inside "mmiri ikwuaka"(water that was used to wash hands after eating) come say na fish pepper soup. Who committed that unforgivable sin on that poor fish? grin grin

Nice looking naija foods you guys have here. We sure have great foods.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by Nobody: 5:03am On Sep 17, 2012
Ivynwa: Walahi, I dey vex for the person wey throway that fish inside "mmiri ikwuaka"(water that was used to wash hands after eating) come say na fish pepper soup. Who committed that unforgivable sin on that poor fish? grin grin

Nice looking naija foods you guys have here. We sure have great foods.

grin grin grin
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by Cockpitboy(m): 7:42am On Sep 17, 2012
Person go see these kind chops still wan run comot 9ja...chai.
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by freecocoa(f): 7:55am On Sep 17, 2012
dino escobar:

Excuse me Afang is a Calabar soup and its one of Naija Best Soups, pls stand corrected.
Hah! My Akwa-ibomite girlfriend says na their soup o and that's what people say too so don't blame me, I'm still not sure its calabar o.
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by Nobody: 8:15am On Sep 17, 2012
freecocoa: Hah! My Akwa-ibomite girlfriend says na their soup o and that's what people say too so don't blame me, I'm still not sure its calabar o.
dont mind him oo,afang belongs to akwaibom, you know most Nigerians find it difficult distinguishing akwaibomites from calibari
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by Ariyke: 9:27am On Sep 17, 2012
who send me to open this thread this early momo wey i neva eat OP u badt o
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by fstranger: 11:22am On Sep 17, 2012
ogugua88: Tatashe? Never heard of that.

Tatashes are people my friend!
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by freecocoa(f): 11:31am On Sep 17, 2012
Okay e don too much for una, I'm going to the market.angry
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by megxo(m): 11:41am On Sep 17, 2012
AFANG N POUNDED YAM>...ANY DAY ANY TYM<>>>>>>>>>>>>>
SALIVATIN ALREADY
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by stepo707: 12:07pm On Sep 17, 2012
I need to get married ASAP.Am tired of restaurants cry
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by werone: 12:13pm On Sep 17, 2012
Picture with label. Pls.
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by funmeme(f): 12:19pm On Sep 17, 2012
Now I'm hungry...
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by Piro4rl(m): 12:19pm On Sep 17, 2012
NICE MEAL
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by goofie: 12:30pm On Sep 17, 2012
the second one doesnt look anythin like afang. its too watery jor!
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by goofie: 12:31pm On Sep 17, 2012
freecocoa: Okay e don too much for una, I'm going to the market.angry
LWKMD. oya dey go
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by Godsave9ja: 1:23pm On Sep 17, 2012
all these foods are irritating
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by sambos994(m): 1:31pm On Sep 17, 2012
I think I'm crying right now....soooooo hungry
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by omega25red(m): 3:18pm On Sep 17, 2012
cry cry cry cry cry

i love my country i no go lie. Chai i miss Nigeria for all the pictures i saw on this post sha. Luckily there on one really go Nigerian resturant in DC that i go to once in a while.
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by bigfrancis21: 5:57pm On Sep 17, 2012
Ewuuu! Chai! Men, you people are torturing me. I never chow since morning, i just dey manage am now my belle come dey rumble. Chai undecided undecided
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by petnkool: 9:08pm On Sep 17, 2012
debrief08: Hmmm, Let me find trouble here small. I hate to be the party pooper but most of these meals are packed with calories, except the beans and plaintain and a few of the soups there is not much I will have here, plenty oil, too much meat, especially beef, we think we are enjoying but the fat and calories park up every where, we finish munching 10 meat, plus ponmo and then start strolling and tell ourselves we are "working out", then guzzle it down with juice and beer. We need to start eating healthy and delicious meals, especially women, that stomach, those tighs, na this one dey cause am, if you cant burn it then dont eat it as my friend will say. We make a cup of tea, fill it with sugar, plenty milk and milo then we feel we are enjoying.
As soon as we hit 30, fat becomes harder to burn, so we have to watch what we put into our mouths, reduce the oil, use healthier alternatives, it is easier to watch what we eat than burn the fat.
make I run before i get lynched grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
When I see young young men with big stomach and big nyash, i wonder how s3xually active they can actually be with their spouses, how hard they ,ust pant during kpepus
See all of their mauts ..fat-eaters/1 percent nutrients.. And besides , how many of Nigerian population can afford to eat these food on regular basis . The problem of this country is "too much-packaging" even the graphics of the foods is packaged . Most of these foods are eaten on special occasions, but talk of garri..."undecorated" rice and stew,(Even beans is now a rich man food), semo , wheat moulds and stew , Bread and akara , Eba , these are the commonest foods .
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by dlinglos(f): 6:35am On Sep 18, 2012
;DSee boli & fish, efo riro, afang chei... I'm hungry! ;DSee boli & fish, efo riro, afang chei... I'm hungry!
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by Nobody: 6:41am On Sep 18, 2012
I still can't get over that Mai-Mai (yes, dts how we igbos pronounce it)
If I may ask, what bowl was used to achieve that shape. Cos its definitely not santana nylon or leaves. lol
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by lexxi(m): 7:26am On Sep 18, 2012
My egusi on top. Am salivating already.
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by Solozzo(m): 7:08am On Jul 24, 2013
Ugly looking dishes!! Some taste good though.
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by Fhemmmy: 1:55pm On Jul 24, 2013
Can you people revive this thread with some tantalizing dishes please ?
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by Efukikata(m): 2:51am On Nov 14, 2016
This post has been deleted permanently
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by chimdi101: 12:03pm On Dec 05, 2016
wow

Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by Nobody: 2:17am On Jul 01, 2018
Well, personally I'm not a big fan of Abula. I like my own Gbegiri soup pure and fresh.

But, all the same Efo comes on the top for me.

But then having a set Nigerian food timetable for the family goes a long way too... by then you can test all these dishes and just stick with the ones you fancy...

Here's a post on that http://www.hubscroll.com/2018/06/nigerian-food-timetable.html

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Nestlé Responds To Golden Morn Discussion / Long Cobra Killed At Our Backyard This Morning After Eating 6 Chicken Eggs / Russians Eating Egusi Soup And Eba For The First Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.