Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,478 members, 7,770,169 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 06:34 AM

Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes - Food (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes (101500 Views)

22 Appropriate Names Of Nigerian Foods You Probably Didn't Know / Various Ghanaian Dishes / Your Favourite Nigerian Dishes? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by dangerzone: 10:39pm On Sep 16, 2012
naijababe:

Never said I wasn't darling grin

see as u sabi wetin groudnut fit go with as if na in u dey chop everyday honey
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by Nobody: 10:39pm On Sep 16, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Thanks babe. It's prolly the "new yam" I'm using. Which one is hairy yam? Add water?

Is it because I'm not cooking before frying? embarassed

Don't cook before frying, leave in water after washing, should go from the water to the oil. I usually add a lil' water to the oil, prefer it wet fried.
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by Nobody: 10:39pm On Sep 16, 2012
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by Nobody: 10:40pm On Sep 16, 2012
Ogugua, do you have a recipe for baked moin moin?

Wanna cook some tonight.
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by Nobody: 10:40pm On Sep 16, 2012
dangerzone: ok whatever u say, even though u want me to have otapiapia na one hand smiley

Lol.
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by dangerzone: 10:40pm On Sep 16, 2012
engineerd:

Yes sir! its garnished with parsley too.....LOL

hmm i dont mind tasting sha
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by dangerzone: 10:41pm On Sep 16, 2012
ogugua88: Beans and stew with plantain
[img]http://ts3.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=4588185427837610&id=c0dbede41853a303c30b17dfe165d5e7[/img]

Akamu/Pap/Ogi
[img]http://ts1.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=4939290397181856&id=05512b77a45ca02bd67567c2ffe54818[/img]

is this yello akamu or custard?? heard akamu is good for breastfeeding woman na true?
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by Nobody: 10:41pm On Sep 16, 2012
dangerzone:

see as u sabi wetin groudnut fit go with as if na in u dey chop everyday honey

Omo u don't want to know the relationship I have with groundnut. My mama nearly sent me on groundnut deliverance when I was a kid. No be small tin o, I tell you.
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by Nobody: 10:42pm On Sep 16, 2012
naijababe: Don't cook before frying, leave in water after washing, should go from the water to the oil. I usually add a lil' water to the oil, prefer it wet fried.
e seun.

So I usally buy yams at publix. . . is that the new yam?

I'm making baked moi-moi tonight, someone post the recipe plzzz.
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by dangerzone: 10:44pm On Sep 16, 2012
naijababe:

Omo u don't want to know the relationship I have with groundnut. My mama nearly sent me on groundnut deliverance when I was a kid. No be small tin o, I tell you.

omashe o,so do u stil have an intimate relationship with groundnuts or u r now delivered,i hope u dont have kro kro down there o
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by Nobody: 10:47pm On Sep 16, 2012
dangerzone:

omashe o,so do u stil have an intimate relationship with groundnuts or u r now delivered,i hope u dont have kro kro down there o

Well, since I went cold turkey I have been delivered. But when I go naija, dat deliverance dey fly out of the window sha.
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by dangerzone: 10:48pm On Sep 16, 2012
naijababe:

Well, since I went cold turkey I have been delivered. But when I go naija, dat deliverance dey fly out of the window sha.
kpele, so no groundnut for turkey, how turkey now
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by Nobody: 10:49pm On Sep 16, 2012
dangerzone:
kpele, so no groundnut for turkey, how turkey now

This dude is a clown grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by dangerzone: 10:50pm On Sep 16, 2012
naijababe:

This dude is a clown grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
that dude no be clown o
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by Zapence(m): 10:59pm On Sep 16, 2012
obadiah777: most of it looks like shyttt

Guy, you seriously and URGENTLY need to see an Optometrist (for your own good)
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by othenok(f): 11:03pm On Sep 16, 2012
berem: thanks dear! I wanted to be sure cos I know moi moi as bean cake and not akara

Tot Moi moi is Bean Pudding n Akara Bean cake??
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by Nobody: 11:03pm On Sep 16, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
Ogugua, do you have a recipe for baked moin moin?

Wanna cook some tonight.

I boil mine in foil. I'm sure you can take any recipe and bake it though.

Peeled black eyed peas - 3 cups (If you can't find them peeled, gotta do it the old-fashioned way)
Oil (vegetable oil or red palm oil) - 3 tablespoons
Corned beef - 1 can
Boiled eggs - 3-4
Tomatoes (I don't have a number for tomatoes. Usually until it's the pinkish color that I want)
Fresh pepper (I use habanero)
Onions - 1 or 2, depending on size
Maggi
Water

Soak and wash the beans to remove the coat. Don't soak them for too long or else the beans will overswell and the shells will be harder to remove. When the entire coat has been removed, place the beans in a bowl and pour enough water to cover it. When the beans are cleaned, you can leave them to soak in water while you get the other ingredients ready.

Boil the eggs until they're hard boiled and cube them. Remove the corned beef from the can and cube it as well. Set them aside. Roughly cut the tomatoes and onions and put them aside.

Time to blend the beans. Place the beans, some of the onions, tomato, a habanero pepper, and some water (preferably warm water) in the blender. Add some of the warm water and then add a little more until the mixture reaches the desired consistency. Do this until all the beans are finished.

***the good thing about moin moin is that the mixture tastes how the end product will taste. So, taste the mixture. If there's not enough pepper, add more (one at a time). If there's too much, blend more beans, onions, and tomato lol.

Add salt/maggi to the mixture and taste until the desired taste has been achieved. Be mindful that there will be corned beef. Add the vegetable oil and mix well.

Start pouring the mixture into foil/pans/tray. Fill them halfway. Then add some egg and corned beef. Fill the remaining foil/pans/tray with the mixture.

For the oven, bake it at 350F. Cover the tray with aluminum and make a water bath for it.
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by othenok(f): 11:08pm On Sep 16, 2012
ogugua88:

T.M.I. Lmao.

Some I haven't eaten since my visit to Naija. Truth is, I'm hungry lol. I'm leaving for a party soon, so hopefully something palatable dey...

Ibenne! Make i arrange correct ofe akwu for you? Filled with Dry fish n cooked to perfection with ogili okpei?
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by Nobody: 11:25pm On Sep 16, 2012
Ogugua, u dey put tomato for moinmoin? Use tatashe i.e Red Capsicum instead, u'll get that redness you are looking and a much refined taste.
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by Nobody: 11:26pm On Sep 16, 2012
Tatashe? Never heard of that.
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by Adanyebe(m): 11:27pm On Sep 16, 2012
u guyz mayb havin a swell tym admiring doz dishes to d point of letting saliva drip on ur devices. But i think some of them make me want to throw up. Am not sayin they're nt okay, bt u know 1 man's fud is anoda's poison
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by Nobody: 11:29pm On Sep 16, 2012
ogugua88: Tatashe? Never heard of that.

Yes, tatashe. Tomate dey spoil moinmoin taste wella. I think you yanks call it bell peppers.
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by Nobody: 11:29pm On Sep 16, 2012
ogugua88: Tatashe? Never heard of that.
Bell pepper
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by othenok(f): 11:31pm On Sep 16, 2012
[quote author=dangerzone]

is this yello akamu or custard?? heard akamu is good for breastfeeding woman na true?[/quote
Very true! Especially if the mum isn't producing enough milk. Works like magic. wink
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by Nobody: 11:42pm On Sep 16, 2012
ogugua88: Omg is this really moin moin?
[img]http://1.bp..com/_bNhyYPQNIBw/TJg8p-W32vI/AAAAAAAAC0o/Mco0NVIHuC4/s1600/DSCF1947.JPG[/img]

Hmnn that's it. Moin Moin elemi meje!
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by Zapence(m): 11:54pm On Sep 16, 2012
lord.spiritual:

she is not a nigerian oo,that why she asked
P.S akara is made from grounded beans..

Lord.spiritual, are you by any chance a member of the "BE CIVIL" set. (if you are, then you will know what i mean)

@all, me is sorry for derailing the thread (kinda).
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by Nobody: 12:51am On Sep 17, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Okay, someone else just told me not to use new yam, who is right na?

How do I tell the difference between old and new yam?
Old yam is usually stronger and drier than new yam because it has been kept for a long time and is best for boiling. Once you cut the yam, you'll tell whether its old or new. New yams are typically harvested in August period and that's when they are sold in the market.
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by Nobody: 1:12am On Sep 17, 2012
I freaking miss home embarassed embarassed
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by Nobody: 1:28am On Sep 17, 2012
santa62: Damn This is not fair, i don salivate die here. GOD i miss home, on my way to Peckham, garri and egusi 12pounds choi, the price of garri is highly affected here. GOD help your son and forgive Baqina for this post, MAMA Charley go collect me 12pounds.
Hehehe...Pele
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by Nobody: 1:38am On Sep 17, 2012
ItsModella:
Old yam is usually stronger and drier than new yam because it has been kept for a long time and is best for boiling. Once you cut the yam, you'll tell whether its old or new. New yams are typically harvested in August period and that's when they are sold in the market.

Thanks.

Baked moin moin recipe for anyone else interested. Mines' currently in the oven. Cant wait to dig in!! cheesy

http://adefunke..com/2008/07/moin-moin-recipe.html
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by Fhemmmy: 1:40am On Sep 17, 2012
All these people are making people hungry oh
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes by hclacid(m): 3:28am On Sep 17, 2012
ah ah!!!! una wan kill person? wetin na? sad sad
i go sue una for hunger atempt !! grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Nestlé Responds To Golden Morn Discussion / Long Cobra Killed At Our Backyard This Morning After Eating 6 Chicken Eggs / Russians Eating Egusi Soup And Eba For The First Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.