Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,591 members, 7,809,145 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:15 AM

Noodle Lovers - Bad Way Of Cooking Noodles! - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Noodle Lovers - Bad Way Of Cooking Noodles! (31415 Views)

Your Favourite Noodle: INDOMIE Or TUMMY TUMMY? / Cost Of Cooking Gas With The Cylinder ( Urgent Pls!!!) / Best Method For Preparing Noodles.lets Exchange Recipes With(out) Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Noodle Lovers - Bad Way Of Cooking Noodles! by liyalla(m): 12:07am On Sep 17, 2012
cryIf thats hw it is suposed to be cooked why did dey not show it in d pack as the others are indicated.now see what U have caused, I may never eat noodles again
Re: Noodle Lovers - Bad Way Of Cooking Noodles! by eduson002(m): 12:14am On Sep 17, 2012
Royalty1: Please Note that I stumbled upon this write up on "Colours Of Life" Facebook Page and I can't but wonder, Have I been eating my noodles wrongly all these while? undecided

"BEWARE NOODLE LOVERS : COOKING INSTANT NOODLES IN WRONG WAY IS VERY DANGEROUS FOR HEALTH..

Many of us find it convenient to just cook a packet of instant noodles when we are hungry. Here is a piece of information to share so that we can remove the potential health hazard of consuming such foods. Maybe you should print this and pin it up in the kitchen or dining room as reminder or in your purse if you are always travelling. DO NOT IGNORE THIS ... Especially those fond of easy- to-cook Instant noodles.
WRONG WAY OF COOKING NOODLES:
Normally, how we cook the instant noodles is to put the noodles into a pot withwater, throw in the powder and let it cook for around 3 minutes and then it's ready to eat. This is the WRONG method of cooking the instant noodles. By doing this, when we actually boil the ingredients in the powder,normally with MSG, it will change the molecular structure of the MSG, causing it to be toxic. The other thing that you may or may not realize is that, the noodles are coated with wax and it will take around 4 to 5 days for the body to excrete the wax after you have eaten the noodles.

CORRECT METHOD:
1. Boil the noodles in a pot of water.
2. Once the noodles are cooked, take out the noodles, and throw away the water which contains wax.
3. Boil another pot of water, add the cooked noodles into the hot boiling water and then turn off the stove.
4. Only at this stage when the stove is off, and while the water is very hot, add the flavouring powder into the water, to make noodle soup.
5. However, if you need dry noodles, remove the noodles and add the flavouring powder and toss it to get dry noodles."

What do you think people?
[size=8pt][/size] Wetin concern metea(aboki) for juction wit PSG or MSG.Just boil noodles,fry egg put inside wit hot tea make we chop. The rest is left for belle to deal wit PSG or MSG

1 Like

Re: Noodle Lovers - Bad Way Of Cooking Noodles! by Royalty1(m): 12:25am On Sep 17, 2012
liyalla: cryIf thats hw it is suposed to be cooked why did dey not show it in d pack as the others are indicated.now see what U have caused, I may never eat noodles again

So sorry, never intended to scare You away from eating noodles. Immediately I saw the article, I ran to cross check the instructions on the noodle packs I have at home. It simply states 1. Boil water 2. Add noodles 3. Add seasoning and you are ready to eat. Its the confusion that led me to asking for clarification here o. :-/
Re: Noodle Lovers - Bad Way Of Cooking Noodles! by Daewoods(m): 12:29am On Sep 17, 2012
My Post has refused to hide.
Re: Noodle Lovers - Bad Way Of Cooking Noodles! by FILEBE(m): 12:37am On Sep 17, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Gawd!

wetin make u shout Gawd? U no watch d "who want to b a millionaire" show wey person use lifeline 4 d meaning of Insomnia?

@ Op. Na Instant noodles or Distant noodles dem cal am?

1 Like

Re: Noodle Lovers - Bad Way Of Cooking Noodles! by REMMEI(m): 12:46am On Sep 17, 2012
Fa the advertisement wey the kids dey shout "mama do good o,she do good"..shey na like this she cook am?..i no even see they water wey she throwey..yu come here dey give us format..mtchewww!.

1 Like

Re: Noodle Lovers - Bad Way Of Cooking Noodles! by babseg(m): 12:49am On Sep 17, 2012
REMMEI: Fa the advertisement wey the kids dey shout "mama do good o,she do good"..shey na like this she cook am?..i no even see they water wey she throwey..yu come here dey give us format..mtchewww!.

That advert wey look like ogbanje meeting. Ten children like the same age dancing round the woman grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Noodle Lovers - Bad Way Of Cooking Noodles! by tonchi(m): 12:59am On Sep 17, 2012
didnt get the last point,,,could u explain more?
Re: Noodle Lovers - Bad Way Of Cooking Noodles! by Nobody: 1:04am On Sep 17, 2012
See Nigerians mentality...somebodi just shared a vital info and u guys are critizin it..i tink there is an element of truth to wat d dude said and as for me, i will start usin dis new method...i dont want anytin dat will give me health probs in the future..

2 Likes

Re: Noodle Lovers - Bad Way Of Cooking Noodles! by Nobody: 2:14am On Sep 17, 2012
Osahon7: See Nigerians mentality...somebodi just shared a vital info and u guys are critizin it..i tink there is an element of truth to wat d dude said and as for me, i will start usin dis new method...i dont want anytin dat will give me health probs in the future..

Unnecessary sufferhead. If you want to eat noodles, you better eat it right. If you are scared of dieing then DO NOT EAT it at all. Shikena. You and the people who think life is better with diet coke and low fat yoghurt are the same. If you want to be healthy stay away from it entirely, otherwise EAT THE DAMN THING AND ENJOY IT THE RIGHT WAY
Re: Noodle Lovers - Bad Way Of Cooking Noodles! by ocee31(m): 2:39am On Sep 17, 2012
Osahon7: See Nigerians mentality...somebodi just shared a vital info and u guys are critizin it..i tink there is an element of truth to wat d dude said and as for me, i will start usin dis new method...i dont want anytin dat will give me health probs in the future..
. Why not eat rice?
Re: Noodle Lovers - Bad Way Of Cooking Noodles! by 360command: 3:51am On Sep 17, 2012
2 million: SHORT CUT TO COOKING NOODLES: jst put d tin for cold water before u go bath, b4 u come back d tin don soft, eat ur tin hang ur bag d go school jare

nice one baba, na watin we do for school(hostel) those days.
Re: Noodle Lovers - Bad Way Of Cooking Noodles! by UNLEASHED(m): 4:41am On Sep 17, 2012
If the "wrong" way of cooking noodles dey kill pesin, I for don quench tey tey.
OP only wants to show his skills, but I don't dig it neither do I fancy chemical theories.

1 Like

Re: Noodle Lovers - Bad Way Of Cooking Noodles! by Tinyemeka(m): 5:46am On Sep 17, 2012
ujchief: I be wan ask wetin be msg, but make i respect myself pretend say i sabi am like others dey form.

LOL. No mind dem. MSG: MonoSodium Glutamate. Na the main enzyme for Ajinomoto and those other white magi dem. U fit google am sha.

@ Topic, oga this your story sounds ... ermm... I for wan believe you small on the wax coating on the noodles, but then why should they use a toxic wax to coat food? Again, the common method of cooking, which you advice against, is even the method recommended by the makers and is written on the pack. So who we go come believe?

Since primary school, they (abi was it rumours sef?) used to tell us that MSG dissolved the intestines. That one na story.

Where I for see time begin sieve Indomie when I'm already running late in the morning?
Re: Noodle Lovers - Bad Way Of Cooking Noodles! by omiobo: 7:18am On Sep 17, 2012
@OP,I don't understand that garbage u spitting out up there. U can cook noodles anyhow u want it. U even eat it raw. Whichever way is the way.
Re: Noodle Lovers - Bad Way Of Cooking Noodles! by okooloyun1(m): 7:28am On Sep 17, 2012
If OP method is truly the best way as he claim then it's high time i stop taking noodles anytime hungary dey really waya my belle when my g**ri won't take more than 1min to prepare.
Re: Noodle Lovers - Bad Way Of Cooking Noodles! by Ademab(m): 7:29am On Sep 17, 2012
CORRECT METHOD:
2. Once the noodles are cooked, take out the noodles, and throw away the water which contains wax.
3. Boil another pot of water, add the cooked noodles into the hot boiling water and then turn off the stove.
4. Only at this stage when the stove is off, and while the water is very hot, add the flavouring powder into the water, to make noodle soup.
5. However, if you need dry noodles, remove the noodles and add the flavouring powder and toss it to get dry noodles."
how come indofoods doesn't know this? Cos the method we've been cooking it is "as prescirbed by ALL the MANUFACTURER..
Re: Noodle Lovers - Bad Way Of Cooking Noodles! by Nobody: 7:57am On Sep 17, 2012
Ademab: CORRECT METHOD:
how come indofoods doesn't know this? Cos the method we've been cooking it is "as prescirbed by ALL the MANUFACTURER..
u beta wake up dude..indomie factory is nt intrested in ur health..they are hellbent on making profit. Why wil dey recomend dis ''time wastin method'' wen dey knw dat 85% of ppl eat indomie because of its conventional quick method of preparation??

2 Likes

Re: Noodle Lovers - Bad Way Of Cooking Noodles! by Shaw007(m): 8:23am On Sep 17, 2012
All dese story on top say i wan chop indomie. . .abegi jOr. . .i tot nOodles were suPposed 2 be fast
Re: Noodle Lovers - Bad Way Of Cooking Noodles! by Hemanwel(m): 8:34am On Sep 17, 2012
Gen. Orumov:
My girlfriend once made noodles with palm oil and I must confess, that is the silliest ingredient someone can add to noodles. While eating it, I acted like I was enjoying it so as not embarass her but after eating it and I couldn't hold it any longer, I had to give her a stern warning never to put PALMOIL in my noodles again. Ayanma!!!
Una nor go kee person 4 dis NL.
Re: Noodle Lovers - Bad Way Of Cooking Noodles! by Reference(m): 8:45am On Sep 17, 2012
Sorry man. You're absolutely wrong. There is a difference between noodles and instant noodles. You simply cannot parboil instant noodles and what in the world is wax. Candle wax or what.
Re: Noodle Lovers - Bad Way Of Cooking Noodles! by brat4222(m): 9:21am On Sep 17, 2012
shadrach77: the poster of this article is extremely silly. The whole point of eating noodles is because it's fast to cook. Why would you then need to boil water twice just because you want to cook noodles/ cheesy cheesy cheesy The noodle makers say it's ready for eating in 4 mins. I think they know better and i believe them smiley smiley smiley smiley

U dont have to call the article silly. Its just a healthy way of cooking it. You take it or leave it. The product maker will neva tell u d long side effect of certain substances they use coz they want to sell. For example coke is advertised as a drink that goes well with food. i.e. it is ok to drink a coke after every meal. I have read and experimented the harmful side effect of coke especially it ability to remove rust and its usefulness in removing stubborn stains esp rust. Most consumers of coke dont knw this. Thou na something go kill person anyhow, but if we love this life, we should live it with care. I will love to live till old age and be full of health and vitality.
Re: Noodle Lovers - Bad Way Of Cooking Noodles! by Duxe(f): 9:22am On Sep 17, 2012
Well well well!!
It seems i happen 2 be the only 1 who does not eat indomie because its 'fast 2 make'. if i must eat it,then its gotta be real garnished with fresh tomatoes,pepper,onions n anyother available vegie. Plus boiled egg,Otherwise, it is no option!

Bland noodle tastes..yucky! Let alone wt uncooked spice! In our dormitory, indomie was contraband 'because the uncooked spice causes cancer n chewing it raw wasnt healthy either'. So, na which 1 we go take?

I taya o!
Re: Noodle Lovers - Bad Way Of Cooking Noodles! by chigozie250(m): 10:17am On Sep 17, 2012
Mtheeew this is a complete watste of front page.... This info is false ... On medical grounds it is not true...
Re: Noodle Lovers - Bad Way Of Cooking Noodles! by uberchic: 10:23am On Sep 17, 2012
@OP,the best way to cook noodles is to follow the manufacturer's instructions on the pack, short and simple.
Re: Noodle Lovers - Bad Way Of Cooking Noodles! by onyebaba(m): 11:15am On Sep 17, 2012
2 million: SHORT CUT TO COOKING NOODLES: jst put d tin for cold water before u go bath, b4 u come back d tin don soft, eat ur tin hang ur bag d go school jare
Exactly d way we had noodles in boarding house.

1 Like

Re: Noodle Lovers - Bad Way Of Cooking Noodles! by Wislet(f): 11:15am On Sep 17, 2012
ujchief: I be wan ask wetin be msg, but make i respect myself pretend say i sabi am like others dey form.
hehehhheeeh.
No mind them.
Everybody don dey pretend. Lol grin
Re: Noodle Lovers - Bad Way Of Cooking Noodles! by Wislet(f): 11:24am On Sep 17, 2012
Mad Cow: Hungry never hammer this OP.. If better hungry touch your soul, you go sabi say indomie can be eaten as biscuit sef..

Some people just like to carry their blues spoil person reaggea.. Which wan be MSG for indomie again na!? I dey like who dey send indomie 'message'.. angry
u dey ansa ur name for real.
LMAO grin grin
Re: Noodle Lovers - Bad Way Of Cooking Noodles! by megxo(m): 11:33am On Sep 17, 2012
MAYB DE'L COM UP WIT SOMTIN LYK "wwrong way of making garri" next sad
mtchewwww, wan shere
Re: Noodle Lovers - Bad Way Of Cooking Noodles! by Wislet(f): 11:39am On Sep 17, 2012
why are you guys complaining about the 'instant' on the noodle pack?
Who no wan sell market?
If dem tell una about the safer way to cook it, will it sell like it's doing now?
Yet, ur health comes first. If u think ur patience no reach dat side, then enjoy am ur way.
After all, ur systerm is urs and urs alone. You won't punish anyone along with u if anything goes south.
Some people and impatience. SMH.
Re: Noodle Lovers - Bad Way Of Cooking Noodles! by mafolayomi(f): 11:54am On Sep 17, 2012
grin grin grin
Ileke-IdI:

too long. Why not kuku eat the thing dry like protein bar?

grin
Ileke-IdI:

too long. Why not kuku eat the thing dry like protein bar?
Re: Noodle Lovers - Bad Way Of Cooking Noodles! by clemmonce(m): 12:04pm On Sep 17, 2012
comfirm i remember my hostel days at gci ikorodu. na so we dey cook our own

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Yam Porridge Without Palm Oil: How Make Yam Porridge In Tomato Sauce / The Best Edikaikong Soup Recipe / See How I Spent ₦1000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.