Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,026 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:24 PM

Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses (16865 Views)

Photos Of Ongoing Anambra Flyover Bridge / Nigerian Military Step Up Their Game,See A Photo Of Airforce Mi-24 & Its Pilot / Jonathan Commissions The Flyover Bridge At Kundila Roundabout, Kano - Photos (2) (3) (4)

Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by Jisunpack: 1:46pm On Sep 17, 2012
The newly constructed one at @ Agip Junction will soon collapse too, if care is not taken. That "flyover" looks so weird and horrible.

I saw them pouring concrete with buckets and I was like whaaaat?.

Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by duzzy: 1:46pm On Sep 17, 2012
this is serious!! may God forgive the so called papal knight.

Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by Demdem(m): 1:48pm On Sep 17, 2012
Ji_sun_pack: The newly constructed one at @ Agip Junction will soon collapse too, if care is not taken. That "flyover" looks so weird and horrible.

The same happened on eliozu bridge before RCC was brought in to take over

Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by Jisunpack: 2:09pm On Sep 17, 2012
I sworn not have anything to do with those " flyovers". Like a year or two ago, I was arguing the quality of job being done on that flyover with a friend that was insisting on the capabilities of the local contractors aka community chiefs in handling such a highly sensitive engineering jobs and all that.

so, one morning I took him to have a breakfast @ Kilimanjaro, which is situated just around the on going construction of the flyover. Just when I re-opened our earlier dIscussIon and pointing to him the visible inconsistencies from a position we sat in the eatery, then we saw the piling machine free-falling and everybody around there took to their heels. That scene was very horrible but luckily no sIngle casualty was recorded.

Demdem:

The same happened on eliozu bridge before RCC was brought in to take over

Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by Classicalman(m): 2:11pm On Sep 17, 2012
Demdem:

Shortly before Omehia was booted out of power by the courts, its on record that he paid the contractor that was suppose to build that bridge the total 100% cost of the bridge has mobilisation fee. Can u beat that?
Dude, are you sure you live in P.H? The collapsed bridge was completed sometime in 2005 or so. Omehia only came in 2007. The bridge you are referring to, in which he paid the contractor (Julius Berger) 100% mobilization is the ELEME JUNCTION flyover. That bridge has since been completed.

Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by Demdem(m): 2:18pm On Sep 17, 2012
Classicalman: Dude, are you sure you live in P.H? The collapsed bridge was completed sometime in 2005 or so. Omehia only came in 2007. The bridge you are referring to, in which he paid the contractor (Julius Berger) 100% mobilization is the ELEME JUNCTION flyover. That bridge has since been completed.

Nop, we are talking about eliozu bridge and not eleme bride neither are we talking about the just collapsed bride at airforce. 100% mobilization was for eliozu and not eleme and julius berger isnt the contractor at eliozu. am trying to remember the contractor's name now, i cant for now. By the way, am not so sure if Julius berger was allowed to complete eleme junction bridge, i think they were chased away when some of their workers were kidnapped or so

Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by harmony5(m): 2:18pm On Sep 17, 2012
vitality22:
Odili"s wife is a Justice of a federal high court. So nothing will happen to Peter Odili, though he is a criminal.
She has since been promoted, So she is now a supreme court judge. Enough reason why her husband Thief Peter OLEdi works the street a free man- Only in Nigeria.

Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by Jisunpack: 2:21pm On Sep 17, 2012
Only if you are privilege to have access to the contract documents, then be rest assured that these thieves can award and re-award thesame contract over and over again. The button line is the governors are not sincere and the masses are dumb.

Classicalman: Dude, are you sure you live in P.H? The collapsed bridge was completed sometime in 2005 or so. Omehia only came in 2007. The bridge you are referring to, in which he paid the contractor (Julius Berger) 100% mobilization is the ELEME JUNCTION flyover. That bridge has since been completed.

Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by Ekans: 2:24pm On Sep 17, 2012
Dude,what nonsense are you talking about?.What concerns Omahia or Rivers state government for that matter with Eleme flyover?.Omehia paid 100% upfront for eliozu bridge before he was kicked out.For your info,Eleme bridge was constructed by the federal government.Ebot like you.

Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by Demdem(m): 2:29pm On Sep 17, 2012
Ekans: Dude,what nonsense are you talking about?.What concerns Omahia or Rivers state government for that matter with Eleme flyover?.Omehia paid 100% upfront for eliozu bridge before he was kicked out.

This i completely agree with.

For your info,Eleme bridge was constructed by the federal government

This, i dont think so or should i say, am not sure.

.Ebot like you.

Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by Darius2000: 2:32pm On Sep 17, 2012
Classicalman: This morning i noticed a great traffic along the Aba road on my way to work. I discovered that a section of the Airforce flyover bridge had collapsed, causing that section of Aba road to be blocked. This is so terrible. That bridge is less than 7yrs old. Peter Odili has killed us.
Fellow Nigerian, thats my main route whenever i go to Owerri or Airport. As a safety/ emergency officer, i knew it was a matter of time before that bridge will collapse. The gridlock from Aba road spilled onto other connecting roads. On my way from work, i saw scores of pple at various bus stops waiting in vain for buses. Some of the most ridiculous bridges in Nigeria abound here. You know what happens when Aba road is blocked in PH! I only pity Nigerians plying that road. There are other ones in the state that should be closed. Our rylers need to be fed to the crocodiles.

Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by MadCow1: 2:37pm On Sep 17, 2012
Odili remains the greatest criminal mastermind Nigeria has seen in the last 20years..After stealing Rivers State blind, lobbies his Wife into the Supreme court and then gets a Perpertual Injunction barring the EFCC and the Nigerian Police from ever investigating him..

If that isnt genuis, then I wonder what it is

Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by conyema12(m): 2:43pm On Sep 17, 2012
Demdem:

Nop, we are talking about eliozu bridge and not eleme bride neither are we talking about the just collapsed bride at airforce. 100% mobilization was for eliozu and not eleme and julius berger isnt the contractor at eliozu. am trying to remember the contractor's name now, i cant for now. By the way, am not so sure if Julius berger was allowed to complete eleme junction bridge, i think they were chased away when some of their workers were kidnapped or so

Bulletin

Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by Nobody: 2:43pm On Sep 17, 2012
Demdem:

. I think it is Gitto abi wot is dia name sef.
Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by Demdem(m): 2:46pm On Sep 17, 2012
conyema12:

Bulletin

yeah, i think its bulletin. May God's wrath fall on them.
Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by TalkingBird: 2:55pm On Sep 17, 2012
Sky Blue:

Fully aware of the injuction, and that is why the stain will remain with the judiciary. EFCC also had a part to play.

There was a national award today, 17/09/2012.
There was an awardee rep also there in Abuja.
It is said that behind every successful man there is a woman. (forgive me please all the Benjin conference people)
Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by Classicalman(m): 2:58pm On Sep 17, 2012
Ekans: Dude,what nonsense are you talking about?.What concerns Omahia or Rivers state government for that matter with Eleme flyover?.Omehia paid 100% upfront for eliozu bridge before he was kicked out.For your info,Eleme bridge was constructed by the federal government.Ebot like you.
Sharrrapp dia boy! Who told u it was d F.G that constructed Eleme junction flyover? As for the 100% for eliozu, i agree with Demdem. @Demdem, the contractor for eliozu was the same Bulletine that constructed the now defunct airforce flyover bridge.

Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by passionate88: 3:02pm On Sep 17, 2012
Classicalman: This morning i noticed a great traffic along the Aba road on my way to work. I discovered that a section of the Airforce flyover bridge had collapsed, causing that section of Aba road to be blocked. This is so terrible. That bridge is less than 7yrs old. Peter Odili has killed us.
na this morning u discorver am?..... Something wey happen yesterday around 14:53hrs... That sunday rain wreck havoc 4 ph... Me run go wear life jacket as precaution....

Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by passionate88: 3:10pm On Sep 17, 2012
Demdem:

they came back...
Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by Demdem(m): 3:12pm On Sep 17, 2012
passionate88: they came back...

ok good.
Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by DonaldGenes(m): 3:25pm On Sep 17, 2012
@op i was dumb-founded when i saw it too.i even wanted to take a pix of it but i was like well lemme leave it-i wonder why Bulletin company did a shody job on that bridqe-thank God nobody was there @the time of collapse

Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by otokx(m): 4:04pm On Sep 17, 2012
We the people in Port Harcourt are suffering, each successive government awards contracts to fly by night companies, the new flyover at obiri ikwerre, east west is already having pot holes, the adjourning roads are already gully ridden.

Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by 2mch(m): 4:07pm On Sep 17, 2012
It is funny how desperate these politicians are. Why will you steal and do a bad job on a bridge? What if this happened with people under it or on it when it collapsed? What if the bridge area became a very populated market area or bus area? They obviously value money more than human life. Just like they steal pension, health care and education money. After a while people begin to wonder why their families are suffering from all sorts of calamities.

Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by otokx(m): 4:16pm On Sep 17, 2012
I heard a rumor that the rumokwuta - choba road was awarded to a PDP chairman GU Ake who then re awarded it to Homan Engineering and that the Chairman is Nyesom Wike our present minister of state for education. That road till date remains under construction refusing to be completed. Meanwhile the Rumokwuta - Rumuola which is much shorter in distance was awarded to a know construction giant MCC which has done a job which we can rate as average to good.

See as some people in PDP are destroying this country.

Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by SkyBlue1: 4:35pm On Sep 17, 2012
Mad Cow: Odili remains the greatest criminal mastermind Nigeria has seen in the last 20years..After stealing Rivers State blind, lobbies his Wife into the Supreme court and then gets a Perpertual Injunction barring the EFCC and the Nigerian Police from ever investigating him..

If that isnt genuis, then I wonder what it is

That perpetual injunction was the dumbest thing I ever heard years ago when the news first broke, and is still the dumbest thing I have heard till date. The fact that such nonsence is still allowed to stand only shows the unseriousness of the authorities with fighting corruption. What freaking precedence does that set if it remains? Who won't be getting perpetual injunction after stealing? Yet if frustrated citizens take the law into their own hands and stone that man on the street before burning him alive with tyre they would be called uncivilised. Bad governance costs lives and robs people of opportunities.

Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by pawa4ul: 5:16pm On Sep 17, 2012
We are all busy talking about the present effect of a past bad job by previous governors. Well, if you ask me, that is not the solution. The present govt is busy giving road contracts to individuals/political associates. Wonder what happened to Julius Berger and others. The only construction company we can reckon with I'm the state for now is the RCC. If they don't stop awarding road construction contracts to indigenous firms/politicians, more of this will happen in the nearest future. Currently, virtually all the roads in PH are bad. Take a drive on the roads of PH if u doubt me. Tankers and trailers are falling everyday on PH roads. A journey of 20mins takes a minimum of 1hr 30mins cos of very bad roads. The govt should invite J.Berger to assist RCC or make RCC come with full squad in the state. Pls save our loves from accidents.

Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by Ajillo: 5:34pm On Sep 17, 2012
Who supervised that construction?
Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by bigx(m): 6:00pm On Sep 17, 2012
Another one

Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by okpurukata(f): 6:04pm On Sep 17, 2012

Guy you are the one not well informed. It's on record that Omehia paid Bulletine Construction 100% for the Eliozu flyover. He collected 20% thereafter as Eugene. Please ask questions.
Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by otokx(m): 6:10pm On Sep 17, 2012
MCC should be added to Julius Berger and RCC, Gilto may also be allowed if they can finish that Ada George and also the airport road.
Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by basisop(m): 6:45pm On Sep 17, 2012
Ji_sun_pack: The newly constructed one at @ Agip Junction will soon collapse too, if care is not taken. That "flyover" looks so weird and horrible.

Guy, I fear that flyover oh! They even used handtrowel to patch the cracked walls of the bridge. Rivigo did a rubbish job there.

President Buhari Attends Commonwealth Heads Of Government Meeting (Photos) / Yusuf Bichi Lobbying To Be Nigerian Ambassador To Saudi Arabia After Retirement / LP: Appeal Court affirms Abure as National Chairman, orders Apapa to pay N1m

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60