Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,001 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses (16869 Views)

Photos Of Ongoing Anambra Flyover Bridge / Nigerian Military Step Up Their Game,See A Photo Of Airforce Mi-24 & Its Pilot / Jonathan Commissions The Flyover Bridge At Kundila Roundabout, Kano - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by Classicalman(m): 10:46am On Sep 17, 2012
This morning i noticed a great traffic along the Aba road on my way to work. I discovered that a section of the Airforce flyover bridge had collapsed, causing that section of Aba road to be blocked. This is so terrible. That bridge is less than 7yrs old. Peter Odili has killed us.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by Riskyman(m): 10:54am On Sep 17, 2012
My dear.. the traffic since yesterday night (after that rain) have been very serious. This morning, i nearly cry for hold-up. Well, that bridge is actually a death trip, right from the year that bridge was finished, there is always pot holes on the bridge.

Odili should be probed.. the guy na badt guy. angry

1 Like

Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by EkoAtlantic: 11:01am On Sep 17, 2012
Why is our government always so slow in virtually every damn thing?!
Fill the bridge up with human, make it level with the road, then carry your car on top am. Simple as that?

Why must we even wait for government to always intervain in projects we can handle ourselves?

1 Like

Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by Riskyman(m): 11:05am On Sep 17, 2012
Eko Atlantic: Why is our government always so slow in virtually every damn thing?!
Fill the bridge up with human, make it level with the road, then carry your car on top am. Simple as that?

Why must we even wait for government to always intervain in projects we can handle ourselves?

My friend what are you trying to say?? We should build/repair the bridge by ourself
Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by Classicalman(m): 11:05am On Sep 17, 2012
This is a glimpse of it.

Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by SkyBlue1: 11:10am On Sep 17, 2012
Risky_man: My dear.. the traffic since yesterday night (after that rain) have been very serious. This morning, i nearly cry for hold-up. Well, that bridge is actually a death trip, right from the year that bridge was finished, there is always pot holes on the bridge.

Odili should be probed
.. the guy na badt guy. angry

Odilli should be rotting in jail. His continued freedom is a continued stain on the Nigerian judicial system.

2 Likes

Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by Riskyman(m): 11:16am On Sep 17, 2012
this is serious oo... and i passed under this bridge yesterday evening oo. But, from what i'am seeing here, Aba road is not effected nahh... Just dat ppl going to Air port rd and co will have to come and make a turn at Air force junction. Nawa ooo
Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by Abagworo(m): 11:19am On Sep 17, 2012
We are in real trouble. Everywhere is blocked.
Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by Tos87(m): 11:37am On Sep 17, 2012
nope Picsss
Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by Demdem(m): 11:42am On Sep 17, 2012
I can live with Big and mighty potholes on land but where i started seeing big potholes on bridges is this same bridge. Since then i have always known that something is wrong with that bridge.
If not for RCC intervention on eliozu bridge, that also would have gone before now. That one as originally built by less than 10people as if they were moulding a gateman house.

Odili/Omehia are criminals.

3 Likes

Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by Demdem(m): 11:45am On Sep 17, 2012
Sky Blue:

Odilli should be rotting in jail. His continued freedom is a continued stain on the Nigerian judicial system.

Actually he cant go to jail because he is above the law. he has a perpetual injuction from the courts against all security agents from being prosecuted let alone questioned.

2 Likes

Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by Demdem(m): 11:47am On Sep 17, 2012
Abagworo: We are in real trouble. Everywhere is blocked.

u serious shocked let me just sit tight. wont be going anyhere again today.
Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by Nobody: 12:02pm On Sep 17, 2012
Demdem:

u serious shocked let me just sit tight. wont be going anyhere again today.

What do u do in PHC that u wont be going nowhere
Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by Demdem(m): 12:04pm On Sep 17, 2012
CHESSBOARD:

will such an info add or subtract anything from u? am sure u dont believe am based here in PH u this tribal bigot

3 Likes

Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by Callotti: 12:08pm On Sep 17, 2012
TOO MANY FAT PEOPLE FOR DIA. . . .
Onitsha bridge don collapse? cheesy
Those 'Portharcourt' Land-Ladies. . . .with waist 44 inches!!! cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJyIWXSlfWo

FAT LIKE MALUUUUUUUUUU!!!!! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by chino24: 12:08pm On Sep 17, 2012
Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by chino24: 12:09pm On Sep 17, 2012
CHESSBOARD:

^

No be all these pipeline blowers. grin grin grin

They are always on money, so don't bother if he does not go out for one month. cheesy grin grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by SkyBlue1: 12:10pm On Sep 17, 2012
Demdem:

Actually he cant go to jail because he is above the law. he has a perpetual injuction from the courts against all security agents from being prosecuted let alone questioned.

Fully aware of the injuction, and that is why the stain will remain with the judiciary. EFCC also had a part to play.

2 Likes

Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by Jisunpack: 12:11pm On Sep 17, 2012
fucckin terrible! time to get out. won't be coming back to PH till mid next year. cool

Yesterday's rain was something else. The rain caught up with me around rumouola at about 1 pm. Everything and everywhere was messed up. I started thinking may be Noah has build another ark or something.

1 Like

Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by Demdem(m): 1:03pm On Sep 17, 2012
chino24:

^

No be all these pipeline blowers. grin grin grin

They are always on money, so don't bother if he does not go out for one month. cheesy grin grin cheesy

Abegii, i no be tompolo, boyloaf, ateke and their fellow thieves. Those guys are presently living large. By the way, how are u sure am not at work presently?

1 Like

Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by Riskyman(m): 1:13pm On Sep 17, 2012
CHESSBOARD:

young man, have you heard of the word "Working from home" stop showing your stupidity on here. mitcheeww

1 Like

Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 1:14pm On Sep 17, 2012
lwkmd! Port Harcourt no dey shame. Oil rich city like dat. ndo! grin
Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by akereconfi: 1:21pm On Sep 17, 2012
Am NO fan of Peter Odili but the BIG question is.....was ODILI the man that used his hands to construct the BRIDGE..........
Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by alaoeri: 1:23pm On Sep 17, 2012
Nigeria what a fail state where virtually nothing is working & ppl are clamouring that ωε should divide, this question is isn't the present set of leaders be governing each region which 'll result to same thing.

1 Like

Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by Riskyman(m): 1:25pm On Sep 17, 2012
akereconfi: Am NO fan of Peter Odili but the BIG question is.....was ODILI the man that used his hands to construct the BRIDGE..........

See repect yourself for this place.. u hear? Odili was the governor when that non-sense was constructed and he was suppose to be on top of the situation. Even a blind man in PHC knows that the brdge is substandard, right from day one.

I dont want to get angry dis afternoon, coz i know wetin i go see this evening after COB.

1 Like

Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by promine(m): 1:27pm On Sep 17, 2012
governor peter ole odili, the substandard governor of Rivers state grin grin

1 Like

Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by wowo2: 1:27pm On Sep 17, 2012
Lord have mercy...the same year that flyover was being built OBJ flew into town to commission that other road Odili put together from that airforce side to eliozu (new ABC transport location)....few days after OBJ left, the road developed potholes like chicken pox...cover all the road from one end to the other....and then the patch patch work began...Lord have mercy.
Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by ace1(m): 1:28pm On Sep 17, 2012
The collapsed bridge

Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by Nobody: 1:35pm On Sep 17, 2012
Demdem: I can live with Big and mighty potholes on land but where i started seeing big potholes on bridges is this same bridge. Since then i have always known that something is wrong with that bridge.
If not for RCC intervention on eliozu bridge, that also would have gone before now. That one as originally built by less than 10people as if they were moulding a gateman house.

Odili/Omehia are criminals.
why did you mention Omehia's name. Was eliozu bridge built during his administration?
Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by vitality22(m): 1:40pm On Sep 17, 2012
Sky Blue:

Odili"s wife is a Justice of a federal high court. So nothing will happen to Peter Odili, though he is a criminal.

1 Like

Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by ChrstiansKila(m): 1:45pm On Sep 17, 2012
shocked are you for real?
Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by Demdem(m): 1:45pm On Sep 17, 2012
careytommy:
why did you mention Omehia's name. Was eliozu bridge built during his administration?

Shortly before Omehia was booted out of power by the courts, its on record that he paid the contractor that was suppose to build that bridge the total 100% cost of the bridge has mobilisation fee. Can u beat that?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lekan Fatodu Leads Anti-Fake News Protesters To Sahara Reporters Office (Photos) / Just In: FG Declares June 12 Public Holiday / Sesugh Akume To Court: Order Sharia States To Refund VAT From Alcohol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.