Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,770 members, 7,955,921 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:47 PM

Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses (17065 Views)

Photos Of Ongoing Anambra Flyover Bridge / Nigerian Military Step Up Their Game,See A Photo Of Airforce Mi-24 & Its Pilot / Jonathan Commissions The Flyover Bridge At Kundila Roundabout, Kano - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by Ajillo: 6:49pm On Sep 17, 2012
Rivers money is for Rivers people. Who is Rivigo. Did Odili or Omehia check very well before awarding that contract?
Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by Reference(m): 6:50pm On Sep 17, 2012
vitality22:
Odili"s wife is a Justice of a federal high court. So nothing will happen to Peter Odili, though he is a criminal.

Thought she was in the Supreme Court and received a nat. award today. Anyway Bulletine Construction is responsible for that so those of you like me that motors to Abuja once a while should watch out for the section of highway they are building and probably deck a parachute and wet suit when crossing the numerous bridges. Pity.
Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by Reference(m): 7:05pm On Sep 17, 2012
pawa4ul: We are all busy talking about the present effect of a past bad job by previous governors. Well, if you ask me, that is not the solution. The present govt is busy giving road contracts to individuals/political associates. Wonder what happened to Julius Berger and others. The only construction company we can reckon with I'm the state for now is the RCC. If they don't stop awarding road construction contracts to indigenous firms/politicians, more of this will happen in the nearest future. Currently, virtually all the roads in PH are bad. Take a drive on the roads of PH if u doubt me. Tankers and trailers are falling everyday on PH roads. A journey of 20mins takes a minimum of 1hr 30mins cos of very bad roads. The govt should invite J.Berger to assist RCC or make RCC come with full squad in the state. Pls save our loves from accidents.

Forget Berger. Look at the Eleme flyover. Does it resemble JB's work. 95% of engineering contracts in Rivers state are executed substandard. There's just too much graft in the Works department. While some like Berger may deliver minimum standards novices like Bulletin fell through the cracks. Its corruption.
Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by Santino1(m): 7:13pm On Sep 17, 2012
Another disaster waiting to happen is the Slaughter-Woji bridge (as at early 2011). I don't know if they have worked on it now though
Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by Nobody: 7:19pm On Sep 17, 2012
This is simply man's inhumanity to man...
Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by Nobody: 7:21pm On Sep 17, 2012
Ano
Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by triaophant: 7:51pm On Sep 17, 2012
The question is who owns Bulletine that constructed the bridge, ordinary overhead bridge not even a flyover? Per-harps we should also we should also take a second look at both Woji and Elelenwo bridges that were also constructed by Bulletine. The Air Force bridge might be a child's play because it was built on land, what will happen if the other two built across water is to collapse? For a long time the Rivers state Government were aware that the bridge was a death trap, blocked part of it and yet did nothing. this is just a wake-up call.
Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by dayokanu(m): 8:02pm On Sep 17, 2012
Dividends of PDP govt
Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by islamisevil: 8:15pm On Sep 17, 2012
na wao
Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by stagger: 8:33pm On Sep 17, 2012
I am not surprised that bridge collapsed. The entire section of that road from Eliozy junction all the way to its termination at Stadium road was riddled with potholes even when Obasanjo was commissioning that project in 2006.

Governor Amaechi had to reconstruct the entire road section from Eliozu to the junction at Aba Road. Now let us review the collapse of the bridge.

The entire section of the Stadium road according to the masterplan of Port Harcourt, was to be used for airport lights for approaching aircraft coming into the NAF base. It was RUFUS ADA GEORGE, governor from 1991 to 1993 who succumbed to pressure to start building a road in an area that was recovered from swamp. Before anyone could say Jack Bauer, all the land on both sides of the stadium road was sold and people started building. Now imagine the effects of sandfilling both sides of a road reclaimed from swamp, without any form of natural drainage. Drive from Stadium road, through the New bypass road to GRA junction, and look at both sides of that road as you approach the Skype Bank ATM gallery: what do you see? MARSHY PLANTS GROWING ON PERMANENTLY WATERLOGGED SWAMPLAND.

The entire soil structure of that area is unsteady. It cannot support asphalt roads and bridges. All that weight, with the water displacement and all, is what has culminated in the bridge collapse.

In countries where things work, PETER ODILI and every cabinet member concerned with the construction of infrastructure and finances of Rivers State should be cooling off in jail. Those guys r[i]a[/i]ped Rivers State and left the carcass for the Rivers people to swallow. Meanwhile, the man dey ABJ dey rock life. IMAGINE! angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by Nobody: 8:52pm On Sep 17, 2012
@akereconji.he didnt bt he gve orderz.sgnd money so he shuld gv account.imagn if dat brdge fell on people.dey r all theives,amaechi na God go judge am,av nt seen any road in ph dat is smooth 2 d end.sm have ponds in d name of potholes,eg iwofe road,ere we don get river,river amaechi 4 ere.mkn d masses suffer as if na em money em go use do am.d so cald cntrctorz neva stl start,dem bin dey wait 4 dry seasn,how many yrz nw, lyk say riverz state get dry seasn.
Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by Limaoscar: 9:01pm On Sep 17, 2012
Choi!!!....who build dis gada??cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by otokx(m): 9:27pm On Sep 17, 2012
Politicians should serve a term of 3 years and go away, all this 2 tenure of 4 or is it 5 years is just a hogwash. They work for 2 years out of the 4 or 5 in the first term and loot the treasury in the second tenure. Come to Port Harcourt, no road, no light, nothing yet people will still be calling Odili - who no doubt a criminal that is supposed to be behind bars for the rest of his miserable life.
Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by asha80(m): 9:28pm On Sep 17, 2012
otokx: Politicians should serve a term of 3 years and go away, all this 2 tenure of 4 or is it 5 years is just a hogwash. They work for 2 years out of the 4 or 5 in the first term and loot the treasury in the second tenure. Come to Port Harcourt, no road, no light, nothing yet people will still be calling Odili - who no doubt a criminal that is supposed to be behind bars for the rest of his miserable life.
so are you saying amaechi is doing no better?
Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by otokx(m): 9:38pm On Sep 17, 2012
@asha 80

Amaechi's work to me is more of cosmetic ingenuity - cannot last the period of time. Its on record the achievements of one time governor - Alfred Diete Spiff. You see Amaechi, was a part of Odili's government and also linked to Omehia so we really did not expect much from him so he has not surprised us. The rains are revealing the quality of work he has done and is doing on the roads.
Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by jpphilips(m): 10:04pm On Sep 17, 2012
Classicalman: This morning i noticed a great traffic along the Aba road on my way to work. I discovered that a section of the Airforce flyover bridge had collapsed, causing that section of Aba road to be blocked. This is so terrible. That bridge is less than 7yrs old. Peter Odili has killed us.

did you notice the red earth that fell off the pilling?
Peter has killed us, tomorrow dedeike will pass it on as jonathan's achievement.

What is the situation report on rumuobiakani bridge adjacent to mini okoro police station?
Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by koman: 10:09pm On Sep 17, 2012
Dude, are you sure you live in P.H? The collapsed bridge was completed sometime in 2005 or so. Omehia only came in 2007. The bridge you are referring to, in which he paid the contractor (Julius Berger) 100% mobilization is the ELEME JUNCTION flyover. That bridge has since been completed.[/quote]
I tink ur qustn shld be redirected 2u.
Omehia paid Bulletin contructn co d entire contract sum 4d constructn of Olu obasanjo bye pass rd now knwn as G.U Ake rd and Eliozu flyover.
Ur ryt abt Eleme junctn flyover.
Its also on record dat he paid d total contract sum 4 the stae mall at GRA junctn
Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by passionate88: 12:36am On Sep 18, 2012
Santino1: Another disaster waiting to happen is the Slaughter-Woji bridge (as at early 2011). I don't know if they have worked on it now though
no o.. Both elelenwo - woji bridge is a disaster waiting 2 happen.. Odili jst use him "carry go" carry our state go backward..
Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by worldman(m): 12:40am On Sep 18, 2012
careytommy:
why did you mention Omehia's name. Was eliozu bridge built during his administration?
if u dont no anything about river state u better close ur mouth eliozu, airforce eleme junction are part of the five bridges built by omehia in few month of his admistration
Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by worldman(m): 12:40am On Sep 18, 2012
careytommy:
why did you mention Omehia's name. Was eliozu bridge built during his administration?
if u dont no anything about river state u better close ur mouth eliozu, airforce eleme junction are part of the five bridges built by omehia in few months of his admistration
Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by Johndoe100(m): 1:01am On Sep 18, 2012
Demdem:

u serious shocked let me just sit tight. wont be going anyhere again today.

Seriously how did they allow you into PH? My city is finished oh!!!They have started allowing wizards and vampires in? Please vacate as soon as possible, how many babies have you eaten so far?
Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by ndukwejoe(m): 1:52am On Sep 18, 2012
Gbam , the supervisor and bulletin company should be arrested and prosecuted
akereconfi: Am NO fan of Peter Odili but the BIG question is.....was ODILI the man that used his hands to construct the BRIDGE..........
Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by dlinglos(f): 6:03am On Sep 18, 2012
(
Risky_man:

See repect yourself for this place.. u hear? Odili was the governor when that non-sense was constructed and he was suppose to be on top of the situation. Even a blind man in PHC knows that the brdge is substandard, right from day one.

I dont want to get angry dis afternoon, coz i know wetin i go see this evening after COB.
[color=#990000][quote author=Risky_man]
Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by Demdem(m): 7:00am On Sep 18, 2012
Johndoe100:

Seriously how did they allow you into PH? My city is finished oh!!!They have started allowing wizards and vampires in? Please vacate as soon as possible, how many babies have you eaten so far?

What is this thing talking about
Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by Ekans: 7:07am On Sep 18, 2012
otokx: I heard a rumor that the rumokwuta - choba road was awarded to a PDP chairman GU Ake who then re awarded it to Homan Engineering and that the Chairman is Nyesom Wike our present minister of state for education. That road till date remains under construction refusing to be completed. Meanwhile the Rumokwuta - Rumuola which is much shorter in distance was awarded to a know construction giant MCC which has done a job which we can rate as average to good.

See as some people in PDP are destroying this country.
You are very right.Ake just ate the money and governor Amechi is at crossroads on what to do to him since he is a PDP big weight in Rivers state.
Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by Demdem(m): 7:23am On Sep 18, 2012
Ekans: You are very right.Ake just ate the money and governor Amechi is at crossroads on what to do to him since he is a PDP big weight in Rivers state.

Nonsense. then he has no moral justification demolishing illegal structures.
Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by otokx(m): 9:24am On Sep 18, 2012
Reference:

Forget Berger. Look at the Eleme flyover. Does it resemble JB's work. 95% of engineering contracts in Rivers state are executed substandard. There's just too much graft in the Works department. While some like Berger may deliver minimum standards novices like Bulletin fell through the cracks. Its corruption.

you may be right, think it has to do with the mentality of the rivers state indigenous people.
Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by RICHIEBOI1(m): 11:16am On Sep 18, 2012
vitality22:
Odili"s wife is a Justice of a federal high court. So nothing will happen to Peter Odili, though he is a criminal.

Point of correction she is a justice of the supreme court not a federal high court.
Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by rozayx5(m): 3:58pm On Sep 18, 2012
Proud to be from Akwa Ibom , Thanks to Akpabio we have this grin grin grin grin grin
no more bad roads, all we need now is a good ride and a good pocket to flex grin grin grin grin

Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by rozayx5(m): 4:00pm On Sep 18, 2012
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Julius Berger at work, flyover collapsing - relocate to another state grin grin grin grin grin grin
most governors wanna steal so they dont wanna spend, what more do you expect cool
Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by Nobody: 5:04pm On Sep 18, 2012
Seeing the above pictures makes me hide my head in shame as a resident of Port Harcourt.
Amaechi and his pot-hole infested roads is a disgrace to governance
Re: Section Of Airforce-Flyover Bridge In Port-Harcourt Collapses by Demdem(m): 5:53pm On Sep 18, 2012
StarBoard: Seeing the above pictures makes me hide my head in shame as a resident of Port Harcourt.
Amaechi and his pot-hole infested bridges is a disgrace to governance

Fixed cool cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

APC Crisis: Edo Caucus In NASS Backs Oshiomhole, Attacks Obaseki / Garba Shehu: PDP Is University Of Lies, Nigerians Don’t Want Them Back In 2023 / FG Not Considering Converting $30 Billion Domiciliary Deposit To Naira.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.