Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,803 members, 7,820,807 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:13 PM

Can A Man And A Woman Be '' Just Friends''? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can A Man And A Woman Be '' Just Friends''? (14129 Views)

Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? / Can You Remain Just Friends With An Ex? / My Boyfriend Wants To Be 'Just Friends' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Man And A Woman Be '' Just Friends''? by papine(m): 4:36pm On Jan 11, 2008
smiley IS THERE ANYTHING ''LIKE JUST FRIENDS'' ?
LET ME REMIND YOU HERE THAT '' JUST FRIENDS'' MEANS
[b]1 cry NO SEX
2 cryNO PASSION FOR EACH ORDER
3 cryNO LUST
4 cryNO SECRET DREAMS AND DESIRES shocked[/b]FROM MY OWN POINT OF VIEW, IT IS VERY DIFFICULT FOR A MAN AND A WOMAN TO BE JUST FRIENDS, PARTICULARLY IF THEY WERE ONCE LOVERS
OR WHAT DO YOU THINK. wink
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be '' Just Friends''? by efuah(f): 5:14pm On Jan 11, 2008
I totally disagree with you! Why? Because it's common, it's about time we erase that perception or stereotyped idea off our brains. I have a lot of male friends, cus am attracted to great brains (intellectuals), i learn something good from such people.  Besides life is not only about sex / romance, there's a lot to it that just that!  Once you respect yourself, principled, set of rules for ya life, u know when to do this n with whom u do it. . . not all opposits attract!  I'ts amazing that most men find it difficult to bliv that a woman can't have a male friend and by all means! there must b something going on btn then. . . that's merda!!  I call that "shallow thinking". . . we need to grow up for once!  I don't give a hoot if u call me a flirt for relating wt guys (intellectuals at that).  If my partner trusts me, your mistrust na mess, so leave it where it belong, garbage! grin

3 Likes

Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be '' Just Friends''? by galatico(m): 8:16pm On Jan 11, 2008
@ efuah
Yeah babe what u said is the truth a man and woman can be just friends with necessarily having, passion for ech other I ha a friend whom we worked together she was my best friend but guess what I never had passion, sex for her.

It's possible!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be '' Just Friends''? by papine(m): 4:26pm On Jan 15, 2008
efuah:

I don't give a hoot if u call me a flirt  grin

I AM NOT CALLING You THAT!, I AM ONLY SAYING THAT there is this word i call CRUSH.
IF BY ANY CHANCE YOU ALLOW IT COME BETWEEN YOU AND YOUR FRIENDS THEN YOU ARE IN HOT WATER. BECAUSE IT WILL GIVE BIRTH TO FEELINGS AND FROM THERE ANOTHER THING.
OR WHAT DO You THINK
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be '' Just Friends''? by papine(m): 5:05pm On Jan 08, 2009
smiley IS THERE ANYTHING ''LIKE JUST FRIENDS'' ?
LET ME REMIND YOU HERE THAT '' JUST FRIENDS'' MEANS
[b]1 cry NO SEX
2 cryNO PASSION FOR EACH ORDER
3 cryNO LUST
4 cryNO SECRET DREAMS AND DESIRES shocked[/b]FROM MY OWN POINT OF VIEW, IT IS VERY DIFFICULT FOR A MAN AND A WOMAN TO BE JUST FRIENDS, PARTICULARLY IF THEY WERE ONCE LOVERS
OR WHAT DO YOU THINK. wink
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be '' Just Friends''? by DaJunta(m): 4:13am On Jan 13, 2009
Hell no, one party must always feel something,,,,
though he/she may try to suppress it
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be '' Just Friends''? by Sissy3(f): 7:47am On Jan 13, 2009
i have male friends i don't have any sexual or tinglings for them
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be '' Just Friends''? by richo2: 11:02am On Jan 13, 2009
@poster
if u find it difficult to relate with a female without having sex on ur mind i think u are a chronic perv!!!
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be '' Just Friends''? by Ben13: 11:10am On Jan 13, 2009
It's scarcely possible
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be '' Just Friends''? by sistawoman: 4:16pm On Jan 13, 2009
I have 4 very close male friends that are just that male friends. They are my voice in the dark when it comes to male issues. I have:

1. K - my american "I will never fall in love" friend that calls me on my shit day in and day out and calls me out when i am wrong.
2. Rob- My ride or die friend that no matter what will be there when the chips are down.
3. James - my brother from another mother who i love to sit around and just build
4. Peter - My Nigerian friend who guides me thru my marriage helping me to understand/relate/talk to my hubby thus making our marriage stronger. His advice is not replaceable.

If it was not for the advice/guideance that i recieve from my male friends I would not understand men the way that I do. Men and women think differently and to have someone of the opposite sex, who is really a friend, help guide you thru the darkness is wonderful.

I am happy that my man is not insecure and understands his charm is very strong and working very well. . . LOL tongue

1 Like

Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be '' Just Friends''? by Omolola1(f): 12:46pm On Jan 14, 2009
yes it is very possible but then some mutual feelings arise at times wink
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be '' Just Friends''? by experts: 1:13pm On Jan 14, 2009
yes it's possible,

but the fact is out of 100% just friend relationship, 80% end up with something different quot me.

but still we still hv some jst freidn and it worked.
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be '' Just Friends''? by MadMax1(f): 3:46pm On Jan 14, 2009
Yes! Initially you might be attracted to a few of them,especially if you've a lot in common and they've qualities you lack and really admire. But then the attraction passes and you settle down to just being friends. I tell ya, guys make the most amazing buddies once they lose sexual interest in you and simply like you.

1 Like

Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be '' Just Friends''? by JJYOU: 4:12pm On Jan 14, 2009
Mad_Max:

Yes! Initially you might be attracted to a few of them,especially if you've a lot in common and they've qualities you lack and really admire. But then the attraction passes and you settle down to just being friends. I tell ya, guys make the most amazing buddies once they lose sexual interest in you and simply like you.
the best friend a man can have is female.  that is if you can avoid the sex.  family members are better and if you prefer work hard on making your other half your best friend. it is hard work and could make you vulnerable but if it works you got your back covered for life if it doesnt goodluck at least you tried
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be '' Just Friends''? by Nautillus(m): 5:04pm On Jan 14, 2009
Years back. . . .I had a Female as a best friend . . .No feelings. . .No strings attached. . .  .just pure  mutual respect (or so i thought)
She didnt say nothing to me until she left the country . . .that was when she called and said that she had a crush on me but was afraid to tell me cos she knew i was gonna reject having a relationship with her. . .so she decided to keep mum until she was far away from me.

So, yes. . .individuals of the opposite sex can be friends. . .no strings attached
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be '' Just Friends''? by iice(f): 5:19pm On Jan 14, 2009
Mad_Max:

Word.
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be '' Just Friends''? by Tranngirls(f): 5:26pm On Jan 14, 2009
Man and woman cant be friends well there are two sides to that story for this to work (Man and a woman just be friends) this has to be in place.
I) The guy has to have his own babe
II) The guy isnt sexually attracted to the woman
III) The guy has decided not to date the woman
IV) The guy should have a life that doesnt include the woman
I dont have a guy friend because men are for f**king while i have some female friends
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be '' Just Friends''? by Eteri: 7:58pm On Jan 14, 2009
the is nothing wrong with just having a guy as ur friend but when the guy is ur ex that where the promblem lies
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be '' Just Friends''? by Kourage3: 12:57am On Jan 21, 2009
Naw i dont tHInk So!

My Bf Tried to say that they werent friends but i totally think otherwise!
never can happen ever,
well unless the bitch is ugly,
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be '' Just Friends''? by Gabry(f): 2:10am On Jan 21, 2009
@ Topic,

yes it is very veyr VERY possible.
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be '' Just Friends''? by Taken(m): 4:30am On Jan 21, 2009
I totally disagree with you! Why? Because it's common, it's about time we erase that perception or stereotyped idea off our brains. I have a lot of male friends, cus am attracted to great brains (intellectuals), i learn something good from such people. Besides life is not only about sex / romance, there's a lot to it that just that! Once you respect yourself, principled, set of rules for ya life, u know when to do this n with whom u do it. . . not all opposits attract!

Correct, this perception needs to be erased. We can all be friends without engaging in immoral thoughts.
But dawn it, if she is fine and all that - omo okurin will be omo jo.
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be '' Just Friends''? by Nobody: 8:41am On Jan 21, 2009
I HAD A GIRL WHO HAD NUMEROUS MALE FRIENDS, WHENEVER I ASKED HER QUESTIONS ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY CALL OR SEND HER TXT MSGS, SHE SAYS THEY ARE JUST FRIENDS AND NO STRINGS ATTACHED. BUT I GOT THE SHOCKER OF MY LIFE, I CAUGHT HER SLEEPING WITH TWO OF THOSE GUYZ. I WONDER THE NUMBERS I NEVER CAUGHT HER WITH.

THERE IS NOTHING LIKE JUST FRIEND,
SOONER OR LATTER THEY'LL START bleeping HAHAHAHA

2 Likes

Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be '' Just Friends''? by C2H5OH(f): 8:46am On Jan 21, 2009
It absolutely DEPENDS! If you have no fire, attraction, or desire for that person whatsoever, you can be good friends. In most cases it's almost impossible.
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be '' Just Friends''? by Czarskit(m): 9:51am On Jan 21, 2009
It exists: My 3rd best frnd is a girl & our relationship is purely platonic.
We've bin gud frnds 4 like 8 yrs nw. . . D feelings surface @ times but we control 'em. Afterall the feelings are ours. . .
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be '' Just Friends''? by Feelitx(m): 9:53am On Jan 21, 2009
A man and a woman can be just friends.My trusted woman friend of ten years is my eye. She gives me the woman perspective in all that I do.

I have never felt anything for her except that I respect and cherish her friendship.It took her parents eight years to believe we are just friends.
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be '' Just Friends''? by otokx(m): 10:24am On Jan 21, 2009
it can happen but its not easy to maintain
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be '' Just Friends''? by smooooooth: 10:43am On Jan 21, 2009
YES ITS POSSIBLE, only if the guy is impotent undecided

1 Like

Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be '' Just Friends''? by waleab: 11:48am On Jan 21, 2009
not true always.
yes can be friends
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be '' Just Friends''? by smooooooth: 11:54am On Jan 21, 2009
smooooooth:

YES ITS POSSIBLE, only if the guy is impotent undecided

okay maybe not in all cases.they guy may not be impotent, but then he must be gay grin
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be '' Just Friends''? by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jan 21, 2009
Oh yeah!! very very possible under one condition
a surgeon have to do something in between their legs
one needs to be stitched the other to be cut off.
perfect friendship. no long thing!!!! grin
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be '' Just Friends''? by kalmebad(f): 12:32pm On Jan 21, 2009
@ Topic

People shld learn to speak for themselves

@ Efuah,u have said it all girl, it's all abt who u are,, ur mind set, your perception and self esteem

Friendship is not all about sex. I can have male folks without strings attach, sentiments involved, i have loads of them. How u present ursellf is how people take u. When i was serving as a coper, i had a coper friend (male) Kanayochukwu aka Ajile. i hope he reads this as dont kwn his where about, we do sleep together on same bed, share dreams,. knowledge, very intellectual as Efuaf also stated, but it eneded at that. For me, he was a brother and a great friend.

When u respect urself, people accord u same, so for those that says it'simpossible, it is possible, it's all about who u are , and what u want in every friendship please.
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be '' Just Friends''? by soulamanne(m): 12:42pm On Jan 21, 2009
it is possible but takes a whole lottaff discipline on either side.i like havin female friends so that i can ve woman's true perspective of a man besides my gf.i ve like 3 of them an i dont hesitate to talk anytin with themi even prefer them older.my gf is young and looks up me in all issues even sex so it is these ladies that ad me on what what and what.it is only natural if atimes u start thinklin nutty(esp d guys)but u need to assert self discpline and respect the woman and urself.if handled very well,a friendship with a woman is very intersetin as both of u exchange ideas on hoe to handle the opposite sex.i call sucvh girla sista

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

/ / Meet The Most Beautiful Female Lawyer In Nigeria (Pictures) / Help!! I Need To Stop Thinking About Him.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.