Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,372 members, 7,954,502 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:40 PM

How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships (22932 Views)

5 Ways Men Can overcome the act of Philandering. / The Pains Of A Busty Lady. / Romantic Love Text Message And Advice For Distance Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships by kasheemawo(m): 5:00pm On Sep 18, 2012
belemzy: Just broke up from a distance relationship. Well he started lossing trust when i got a job in 5 star Hotel in Abuja. He started calling like mad, and when ever i don't take his calls, it becomes an issue. @ a point i couldn't handle it any longer so i called it off.
for u to call it off means u have been seeing someone else.

3 Likes

Re: How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships by harlos: 5:02pm On Sep 18, 2012
I'm in very long distance relationship and all worked for me, though u will hear a lot of discouraging words from friends but because I love her so much,i ignore them,call her,say sweet things to her, make her happy, laugh together,and we r happy.
Re: How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships by Nuezha(m): 5:09pm On Sep 18, 2012
I've been married for 3yrs. Wife 's an undergraduate student in one South-south university while I'm a postgraduate student in one North-west university.
There was no such thing as infidelity between us.
REASON: we love each other.
Love conquers all; I'm a living witness.

1 Like

Re: How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships by harlos: 5:27pm On Sep 18, 2012
soulamanne: travelling).am in one for 2yrs now and so far so good.but what ve found out is a good percentage of people are in such.even married couples.this is attributed to the fact that a living must be eked out.
not all r cash demanding ,example is mine we meet 4yrs ago and since then I only call her never travel to c her except this February. But because we trust ourselves we r able to cope,she finds it hard somtimes to tell me to send her recharge cards but I understand her better
Re: How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships by Nobody: 5:40pm On Sep 18, 2012
ajlofty: men,it is not an easy stuff but one can still cope if ur income history is reasonable and constant which can make u visit her tym to tym or d oda way round.bt if ur not having any cash on u my bros them e go hadoo cos even calls na money too sooo na u no how u go dey do am
u said it all..when there is money,no problem
Re: How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships by APII: 5:42pm On Sep 18, 2012
The only way to overcome the pain is to quit the relationship so you can have rest of mind.
For couples, either of you should abandon whatever you are doing and join the other period.
That's my candid advice or else you will have heart attack.
Re: How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships by JallowBah(f): 6:10pm On Sep 18, 2012
https://www.nairaland.com/1004761/living-without-spouse-6-months

My own post about just this; living without my spouse for a certain amount of time.

Like someone else said; I do believe the chance of making it is much bigger if you already have a foundation to begin with, not that you f.ex met on a holiday, and two weeks after are 6hours apart with a plain..

Its not easy, at all. And trust is absolutely a big, big part of it all.
I am currently waiting the adress so that I can send my husband some things; a bracelet I made him for fun with "baba" written on it, and a drawing his babygirl madesmiley Plus some pictures and a small letter. I also know he will be sending me something.

You have to take day by day, and try your best not to worry. Love is love, and if it stays, it stays, if it goes, it goes. You can do nothing more than your best in it all.

4 Likes

Re: How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships by henrysam(m): 6:15pm On Sep 18, 2012
~Bluetooth:

The guy is at one end shaggging another girl while his girlfriend at the other end is shagging another boy. . . . .i think distance relationship is an aggregate of confusion and an energy-demanding task.
@bluethoot, I found it interesting that people do not say the truth and if they don't why can't they keep quiet. All these people talking about pre marital sex, are they not making love to another girl and the girl friend swagging another man. The question is are they virgins. It is a matter of pretending. Just have to be matured and let the secrets of relationship and marriage be. lies and deceit is part of maturity of marriage.
Re: How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships by DieWorthy: 6:15pm On Sep 18, 2012
i tink de communication part is de most important.i'm married now;but i was in 1 before dt and sometimes i wish we did things differently cos it was pure n sweet. smiley

1 Like

Re: How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships by DExplorer1: 6:23pm On Sep 18, 2012
To those engulfed by the feeling that distance rela. aviods pre-marital sex, i wonder what school of thought is that.
Re: How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships by chukiz(m): 6:34pm On Sep 18, 2012
Long distance relationship depends on a lot. Well for me is the sweetest cause am enjoying my distance relationship for 3 Years now and we are still very strong. I love my baby j thanks for understanding.
Re: How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships by Mcme: 6:53pm On Sep 18, 2012
To be very much realistic 'cos i'm into one, it's usually not very easy coping with. All it requires is trust nd constant mutual communication.

1 Like

Re: How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships by holyvirgin: 7:39pm On Sep 18, 2012
Bélla3: It prevents pre marital sex, so its vry good even though am nt in one.
for once i agree with you
Re: How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships by momomomo: 8:07pm On Sep 18, 2012
please i need urgent help, what is the difference between freedom browsing, TOR free internet, Mtn fastlink internet, heard fastline is better than freedom, well for me i prefer mtn fastline. but comparint fastlink to glo. glo is better, its very fast and servers are better controlled in terms of hackers and virus.
Re: How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships by stepo707: 8:40pm On Sep 18, 2012
Am in @ the moment.3 months to be precise.its not really easy.Trust is the hard part 4 now although i try not to think about it.
Well what will be,will be.
Re: How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships by jadeflint: 9:36pm On Sep 18, 2012
What if your partner had been unfaithful to u before, should u still trust him?
Re: How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships by unwanaabasi(m): 9:49pm On Sep 18, 2012
SlyIg: Ado akpaniko...
ami ndian ke uyo ado
Re: How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships by KateSpade(f): 10:05pm On Sep 18, 2012
In one right now, its been six months since he has been gone. It's complicated and takes a strong will and faith in the relationship. It's like a 50/50 chance for me now.
Re: How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships by Sike(m): 10:11pm On Sep 18, 2012
Stale
Re: How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships by lekanladepo: 10:12pm On Sep 18, 2012
I like the advise. Keep it up.I particularly will stick to it and make us of it with my Girl. I just love your words................

1 Like

Re: How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships by 001solar(m): 11:18pm On Sep 18, 2012
bizmogul: Are you in a distance relationship? Do you worry about calling it quits but you love this person and can't let go? Your survival in a distance relationship depends on how the relationship got start. For example I spent sometime together with my girlfriend in school before I graduated and we got seperated by distance. Distance relationships could be very painful and tiring but in order to sustain it you need to apply the following.

1. There must be genuine love: I love my girl so much, right from the outset and she loves me in return despite the fact am not rich this has been the core of our relationship. Each time we talk about the past and how memorable it was being together the memories keep us alive.

2. Trust: without trust distance relationship goes dead. Trust issues begin to come up when one party begins to act differently, like myself I erased my thoughts from ‎​tinking my girl has someone else; I don't think about it no matter what, its not a perfect relationship but because we trust each other we keep going on and on.

3. Don't Listen To Friends: friends sure have a way of destroying distance relationships. I remember the times when I sit over a drink with a couple of friends, they make me feel like a loser, they make me feel like a complete idiot, asking questions like do you know what she is doing now? Maybe she is having fun with some other guy while you are here being the good guy. I almost fell for all that, it almost ruined my relationship but as I earlier said, trust is what keeps me going.

4. Regular communication: keep in touch at all times, say sweet things you will normally say to her, don't let her feel you are ever tired, with various communication gadgets blackberry,facebook,mobile phone,skype communication has been made easier.

5. Send a surprise gift from a distance: you know where she stays? Why not courier a package to her with a recent picture from you, a hand written note and some gift items. It helps.

I will stop for now, more updates coming soon.
Dat is when u know ur self oooo make I no lie u [b]
bizmogul: Are you in a distance relationship? Do you worry about calling it quits but you love this person and can't let go? Your survival in a distance relationship depends on how the relationship got start. For example I spent sometime together with my girlfriend in school before I graduated and we got seperated by distance. Distance relationships could be very painful and tiring but in order to sustain it you need to apply the following.

1. There must be genuine love: I love my girl so much, right from the outset and she loves me in return despite the fact am not rich this has been the core of our relationship. Each time we talk about the past and how memorable it was being together the memories keep us alive.

2. Trust: without trust distance relationship goes dead. Trust issues begin to come up when one party begins to act differently, like myself I erased my thoughts from ‎​tinking my girl has someone else; I don't think about it no matter what, its not a perfect relationship but because we trust each other we keep going on and on.

3. Don't Listen To Friends: friends sure have a way of destroying distance relationships. I remember the times when I sit over a drink with a couple of friends, they make me feel like a loser, they make me feel like a complete idiot, asking questions like do you know what she is doing now? Maybe she is having fun with some other guy while you are here being the good guy. I almost fell for all that, it almost ruined my relationship but as I earlier said, trust is what keeps me going.

4. Regular communication: keep in touch at all times, say sweet things you will normally say to her, don't let her feel you are ever tired, with various communication gadgets blackberry,facebook,mobile phone,skype communication has been made easier.

5. Send a surprise gift from a distance: you know where she stays? Why not courier a package to her with a recent picture from you, a hand written note and some gift items. It helps.

Dat is when u know ur self oooo make I no lie u [/b]

Dat is when u know ur self oooo make I no lie u
Re: How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships by OPEYEMIAD(m): 11:28pm On Sep 18, 2012
U make a Point
Re: How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships by azeezakande: 1:40am On Sep 19, 2012
Include phone intimacy lol
Re: How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships by Odinaka00(m): 4:19am On Sep 19, 2012
This is one thing I love bout thos site, I keep reading things dat help ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ in my errday life and I learn errday from dz site too.......seun I wil like Ť☺ say Ŧħåϯ NL is one of d best things Ŧħåϯ has ever hapund Ť☺ my life.....there re many intelligent guyz in here, mature men nd woman, I think this is d best site in afrrica

@op, I love ♈☺uЯ write up, you said it all
I love mah gerl so much, I found true love, she loves ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ d same way I love ßŮϯ now we re world apart nw
I left 9ja 7 months ago, I'm in cape town now ßŮϯ our love is stil very strong, stronger than b4 sef, we chat everyday on fbuk, sometimes I call her nd she calls ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ too, my first month on sa she was d one calling almost errday buh as soon as I settled, I started calling her aswel
We trust eachother, she tells ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ hw much she loves ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ nd misses ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ every minute of d day, we talk bout our meetings in d past, our kisses nd love making, I intend Ť☺ marry her wen I come back Ť☺ 9ja by d special grace of God

I want Ť☺ let U̶̲̥̅̊ guyz knw this, Ŧħåϯ "TRUE LOVE" exists, 4 those who re saying it doesn't

This is my gf

2 Likes

Re: How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships by hustla242: 6:17am On Sep 19, 2012
Odinaka00: This is one thing I love bout thos site, I keep reading things dat help ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ in my errday life and I learn errday from dz site too.......seun I wil like Ť☺ say Ŧħåϯ NL is one of d best things Ŧħåϯ has ever hapund Ť☺ my life.....there re many intelligent guyz in here, mature men nd woman, I think this is d best site in afrrica

@op, I love ♈☺uЯ write up, you said it all
I love mah gerl so much, I found true love, she loves ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ d same way I love ßŮϯ now we re world apart nw
I left 9ja 7 months ago, I'm in cape town now ßŮϯ our love is stil very strong, stronger than b4 sef, we chat everyday on fbuk, sometimes I call her nd she calls ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ too, my first month on sa she was d one calling almost errday buh as soon as I settled, I started calling her aswel
We trust eachother, she tells ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ hw much she loves ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ nd misses ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ every minute of d day, we talk bout our meetings in d past, our kisses nd love making, I intend Ť☺ marry her wen I come back Ť☺ 9ja by d special grace of God

I want Ť☺ let U̶̲̥̅̊ guyz knw this, Ŧħåϯ "TRUE LOVE" exists, 4 those who re saying it doesn't

This is my gf

What's the point in putting her picture up?

You're gonna have to be more mature to make your long-distance relationship work son.

All the best
Re: How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships by codernoni: 6:23am On Sep 19, 2012
Seriously u REALLY have to know your bf/gf oo! Am saying because I know at least 4 girls here in my school that are engaged and one married that are receiving the bangingg of their lives. My ex told me she had a bf in portharcourt sef. I don talk my own ☺!
Re: How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships by demitola(m): 7:25am On Sep 19, 2012
belemzy: Just broke up from a distance relationship. Well he started lossing trust when i got a job in 5 star Hotel in Abuja. He started calling like mad, and when ever i don't take his calls, it becomes an issue. @ a point i couldn't handle it any longer so i called it off.
Jst like dat? If he dint deeply love u in d 1st place, im sure he wldnt budge at al. Ws he that tetchy b4 u got a '5-star hotel' job? Did u take a time off at ur place of work 4a retreat wid him inorda 2fuli gain his trust? A thousnd questnaire 4u, bt sori, ur 'quittin it' sounds too casual
Re: How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships by doho(m): 9:29am On Sep 19, 2012
sexy glow: Hmm..am learining.@ op does this work in marriage also,in a situation where hubby and wify work and live far from each other?
better follow ur husband to whereva he's working. It doesn't work in marriage my dear
Re: How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships by doho(m): 9:39am On Sep 19, 2012
I'v always known its a very difficult task. I am in now and as d body gets weaker everyday, only d heart is stronger. U just ve to ve one thing goin in for u or u wld lose it. If ur body & heart are both weak, u'll definately b caught off guard. My girl has been away for a year now & seeing her in d nxt 2yrs but d thoughts of seeing her again & d memories we share keeps me goin. Goodluck to y'all in my shoes. It sure aint one thing to xperience
Re: How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships by doho(m): 9:48am On Sep 19, 2012
jadeflint: What if your partner had been unfaithful to u before, should u still trust him?
my dear this is a decision u'll ve to make on ur own. We dnt knw d two of u. U can't judge a relationship by just wat is written. He/she may ve cheated(d other may ve made d room for that). I blive every relationship deserves a 2nd chance if the 2parties are willing. Goodluck to u
Re: How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships by anitank(f): 10:35am On Sep 19, 2012
I was in a distance r/shp for eight years. We loved and respected each oda very much BUT BUT BUT BUT we were seeing oda people secretely. We confessed to each oda d night of our engagement. Too bad he died in a terrible accident few weeks to our wedding. I swore neva to go into anymore distance r/shps because no matter how much u love this person, u will still cheat!!
Re: How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships by JOYJACOB: 10:50am On Sep 19, 2012
emcemayo: I am in one as I write and quiting has never been on my mind, even though we will insh'llah be getting married in d first quarter of next year. Long distance relationship is not for everybody if you know you can't scale through no point, just pull out. As 4 me it helps me focus on other things and it very much keeps pre- marital sex @ bay. Ya!!!

Av been in one for almost eight yrs nw n we r billed to get married in 2mnts time. it has nt been izy, bt we knew wat we wanted n we rily worked tru thick n thin 4 it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Any Women On Here Dated A Caribbean Man? / My Boobs Has Been Heavy Lately / Thread For Singles That Are Ready For Marriage.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.