Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,072 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

Lastma Officials Beat Bus Driver To Death - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lastma Officials Beat Bus Driver To Death (19228 Views)

LASTMA Officials And Bus Driver Battle It Out In Lagos Traffic. Photos / LASTMA Officials Challenge Police Officers For Driving One Way (Photos) / Policeman Beats Driver To Coma In Lekki, Lagos (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lastma Officials Beat Bus Driver To Death by cdamsel(f): 11:16pm On Sep 18, 2012
I still don't understand hw u beat some1 2 death?wen d persons starts bleeding its nt an indication dat its time 4 u 2 stop?after dem go call devil?who come b devil now?
Re: Lastma Officials Beat Bus Driver To Death by MOBBDEEP: 11:20pm On Sep 18, 2012
jude33084:

Ɣ☺Ʊ are saying Ŧħåϯ because Saudi Arabia gives death penalty Ť☺ drug pedlers nigeria trafic officer should beat up trafic offenders? I am nt even thinking about till death undecided Nna na wah o! angry

Oh no!, you don't get it. He's trying to say that Nigerian Government do not value the life of her citizen, in sharp contrast to the aforementioned countries where human lives are held so sacred such that trivial crimes, as perceived by the OP ( I differ on this though), attracts death penalty.
Hence, it is technically safer to live in those countries.

Ile-Ife:

Has the beheading and cutting of penis or arm stopped people from committing these crimes? NO! amputations and decapitations take place every year which means the draconian/sharia law does not serve as deterrent. which means it's not better than the Nigerian constitution in discouraging crime with all it's blood and brutality.

I hold a slightly opposite view. While you are absolutely right about abounding & flourishing crimes in the face of Draconian laws, it still does not put off totally the beneficial aspect of it.
We must quite appreciate that there are 2 kinds of criminals :
* Those who are born-criminals
* Those who are pushed by circumstances beyond their crime-threshold, especially psychosocial & emotional issues, to commit crimes.

It is this latter group that Hammurabi-styled rule of laws work for as it raises their threshold higher (because of fear). Therefore, quite an ample number will be dissuaded & discouraged from commiting the crime after thinking it through, though the idea was visited.

It is very difficult to assess the effectiveness of your measures on this group in real values.
Think of it this way, how can you count the number of children prevented from being conceived by using contraception.

As long as there are humans living together, crimes are bound to abound, though its festering can be hedged.
Re: Lastma Officials Beat Bus Driver To Death by lomzy1(m): 12:08am On Sep 19, 2012
y2kaustin: Sadly most Christians do not study the word of GOD for themselves so many will be deceive and receive the mark of the beast.

THE THIRD ANGELS MESSAGE REVELATION 14:6-12. The mark of the beast will be over" WORSHIP" Revelation 14: 9 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,
10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the LAMB.

God is very serious here about those who give worship to the beast and its image. He will not grant mercy to those who receive the mark of the beast."

Pls read d topic again and comment.. This is totally off point.
Re: Lastma Officials Beat Bus Driver To Death by riceye: 12:13am On Sep 19, 2012
Baba_O:
Ogbeni, drug trafficking in Saudi attracts death penalty by beheading, raping attracts cutting of the useless dicks...., but in Nigeria, the maximum penalty, all these odious crimes attract is 3 months imprisonment, reason why Nigeria is not worthwhile to live. Can't the bus drivers/conductor obey simple rules of the land to make the land congenial for all to live?.
[color=#990000][quote
God forbid...I dont think you'll say thesame thing if that guy happens to be one of our loved ones.
Re: Lastma Officials Beat Bus Driver To Death by Nobody: 12:24am On Sep 19, 2012
2mch:

OK, but i guess federal police that assist in criminal activities and can shoot you dead for bumping into them is better than Lastma? State police is inevitable and it is going to come. Dont hold your breath

You ignored the part that says federal police is already been abused. Well let's see how the state police will come since na u go sign am
Re: Lastma Officials Beat Bus Driver To Death by MRMICKMEN: 1:23am On Sep 19, 2012
y2kaustin: Sadly most Christians do not study the word of GOD for themselves so many will be deceive and receive the mark of the beast.

THE THIRD ANGELS MESSAGE REVELATION 14:6-12. The mark of the beast will be over" WORSHIP" Revelation 14: 9 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,
10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the LAMB.

God is very serious here about those who give worship to the beast and its image. He will not grant mercy to those who receive the mark of the beast."

whats your point?you are on the wrong thread
Re: Lastma Officials Beat Bus Driver To Death by Burger01(m): 3:16am On Sep 19, 2012
LASTMA.... Menace to society. undecided
Re: Lastma Officials Beat Bus Driver To Death by Jyde89: 7:03am On Sep 19, 2012
The goon's of fashola are on the rampage again, is this part of the mega city plan... God save us in lasgidi.
Re: Lastma Officials Beat Bus Driver To Death by Lerin(f): 7:33am On Sep 19, 2012
alienvirus: According to an eye witness, LASTMA officials badly assaulted a bus driver at Town Planning, Lagos a few hours ago.

The bus driver's conductor rushed his boss to Gbagada hospital only for the driver to be confirmed dead at the hospital.

Sympathisers almost started a mini riot at the hospital if not for the timely intervention of police.

As at time of this report, sympathisers are heading to Alausa with placards reading "LASTMA, come and carry ur dead body" among others.

What section of the constitution empowers them to beat and torture people. The idiots should be charged for murder.
Re: Lastma Officials Beat Bus Driver To Death by ifyalways(f): 7:34am On Sep 19, 2012
Mans wickedness to man. Btw,why did no one come to the aid of the man when they were battering him?why come together now to protest after his death?

Personally and as a rule of thumb, I don't entertain those lastma guys. I don't stop for them, won't open my car nor wind down my window for them either. You drive on, threaten to crush them and they respect themselves. No gentlegirl in lagos.
Re: Lastma Officials Beat Bus Driver To Death by cesil92: 7:50am On Sep 19, 2012
Fashola really is not a listening governor. With all this LASTMA news of brutality and corruption frequently making waves, He has so much decided to play deaf ears to the cries of the people he governs..
Me wey dey Calabar dey hear the tory about LASTMA on e-media and print, him wey Lagos dey him domot, him no dey hear complains of him people.. Na wa o!
Re: Lastma Officials Beat Bus Driver To Death by rooftech: 8:03am On Sep 19, 2012
Anything like Converted Area boys and alaye baba its lastma
Re: Lastma Officials Beat Bus Driver To Death by luluosas(m): 8:40am On Sep 19, 2012
From all indications, one can rightly say that LASTMA was created and armed by the government to dehumanised, terrorise, abuse and kill at will,
innocent Lagosians and
commuters, who are termed 'traffic offenders'. Can't this deadly outfit of the Lagos State government be scrapped for God sake?
See how they also forcefully collected N10,000 from a NL user here www.nairaland.com/1050217/day-lastma-office-oshodi
Re: Lastma Officials Beat Bus Driver To Death by hyelhira: 9:15am On Sep 19, 2012
So if a driver decides to knock down a LASTMA official instead of waiting to be killed violently like this, can we blame the driver? Moreso since LASTMA can try to implicate you in an offence you don't know anything about? It's a really sad situation.
Re: Lastma Officials Beat Bus Driver To Death by shos: 9:50am On Sep 19, 2012
Eko o ni baaje, ACN is working, Fasola is killing. If dis shul happen in any PDP state by now Tinubu & co wouid b runnig der mouth. Rubbish
Re: Lastma Officials Beat Bus Driver To Death by luluosas(m): 10:36am On Sep 19, 2012
Lagosians, learn and start to use the cyber 'power' in you to report these criminals called LASTMA to the governor directly, if you cannot get to him one-on-one.
Here are governor cyber accounts:
Twitter handle @tundefashola and page http://twitter.com/tundefashola?p=s
Facebook https://facebook.com/BabatundeFashola?fc=0&_rdr and website www.brfashola.org
Do it and let's get these criminals off the roads. Thank you.
Re: Lastma Officials Beat Bus Driver To Death by free2ryhme: 10:44am On Sep 19, 2012
alienvirus: According to an eye witness, LASTMA officials badly assaulted a bus driver at Town Planning, Lagos a few hours ago.

The bus driver's conductor rushed his boss to Gbagada hospital only for the driver to be confirmed dead at the hospital.

Sympathisers almost started a mini riot at the hospital if not for the timely intervention of police.

As at time of this report, sympathisers are heading to Alausa with placards reading "LASTMA, come and carry ur dead body" among others.

Situations like this is unavoidable because graduates dont wanna take the job leaving Lagos state govt with no options but to recruit touts and street urchins(Agberos) as traffic officials
Re: Lastma Officials Beat Bus Driver To Death by navygrl: 12:34pm On Sep 19, 2012
Reminds me of how lastma has the habit ok "kidnapping" humanitarian aid workers and demanding exorbitant amounts of compensation for their release without any traffic offense taking place. Aid workers are warned to avoid them at all costs before entering the country as well as to avoid "police"
Re: Lastma Officials Beat Bus Driver To Death by naturalwaves: 1:01pm On Sep 19, 2012
acidtalk: Are you people surprised?
What do you expect?

Their Grandfather (Tinubu), their Father (Fashola) are both confirmed touts. So if the children VIO, KAI, LASTMA and the rest are not murderers and Hardened criminals won't you all be surprised.

The clueless SAN left pressing issues of the state and is threatening to fine people N250,000 if they don't beautify their houses. Like say na flower and tree people go dey chop.

Eleru Gberu e.

Make them carry the dead body go drop for their Grandfather house for Bourdillon Ikoyi.
Honestly,U're a fo.ol. Ow dare U call BRF such names.If anything happens,it is Fashola.If any Lag state official commits an offence,it is FASH.Wen u'r attkd by pick pockets,it's Fash.Wen robbers visit U,it is Fash.U'r just an eediot. U think governing a state lyk Lagos is beans?U didn't make any rsearch abt d said death b4 talking trash,wat if d driver had a health related problem and we know ow Danfo drivers are so lawless and ow they drag wit Lastma all d tym.Evry1 knows who Mr Clueless is and BRF is far 4rm such.
Educating U abt d importance of flowers,trees & beautificatn of d environment will be an effort in futility cos U post lyk an illiterate & myt reason like 1 also.
Take it or leave it,BRF is doing a good job,it is only ingrates lyk U dat av 4goten so soon d giant strides rcorded by his brilliant Administration and U tend 2 rubbish such at d slightest opportunity. If U're tired of Lagos,Y not move 2 ur village.
Re: Lastma Officials Beat Bus Driver To Death by Dopefiend(m): 1:25pm On Sep 19, 2012
Eko ti o ni baje tin ba je o
Re: Lastma Officials Beat Bus Driver To Death by puffin: 2:33pm On Sep 19, 2012
So melacholic'its high time we do something about all this law enforcement agencies in lagos.The family of the diseased must be compensated and the LASTMA officials involved must be brougt to book.
Re: Lastma Officials Beat Bus Driver To Death by DidiLove1: 3:46pm On Sep 19, 2012
hardbody: Do you people now see why i hold that Stanbic IBTC lady that knocked one LASTMA out in high esteem? Truth is if you dont kill them, they will kill you, so why wait to be killed by them?

Please get your facts right, the lady did not knock out any LASTMA official.
Re: Lastma Officials Beat Bus Driver To Death by alienvirus: 5:42pm On Sep 19, 2012
free2ryhme:

Situations like this is unavoidable because graduates dont wanna take the job leaving Lagos state govt with no options but to recruit touts and street urchins(Agberos) as traffic officials

GBAM! GBAM!! GBAMU!!!
Re: Lastma Officials Beat Bus Driver To Death by beckyoma(f): 8:55pm On Sep 19, 2012
Aladinn:

That's a facile argument against the creation of state police. The Nigerian police force is guilty of more crimes than this one. The point should be that the LASTMA officials guilty of this crime should be made to face the music. The creation of state police is not all negatives as you're trying to portray.
abeg U̶̲̥̅̊ βε̲̣ lastma abi Your pple na LASTMA OFFICIAL?
Re: Lastma Officials Beat Bus Driver To Death by seyman2012(m): 1:26pm On Sep 20, 2012
I am a guy in my early twenties,i have dis bump at the back of my head,i feel ashamed all d time and i have used different acne cream but it doesnt seems to work,recently sum1 referred me to go to one bumps treatment centre,wen i get dere,d doctor told me d bumps is now big dat i will av to pay 35000naira,i was shocked cos i dont av any money & my parents are poor.I've tried seekin for a job but i couldnt secure any.The doctor told me if i didnt treat it on time d bump will become hard to treat again and i dont want that to happen.Pls guys i really need your assistance.No amount is too small,just wanna get dis thing off d back of my head.My number 08099743987

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PERMATA: Aisha Buhari Represented By Gimbiya Dogara & State Governors’ Wives / Ihedioha Should Open Imo Cargo Airport Built By Okorocha - Sam Onwuemeodo / Petrol: NNPC Can No Long Bear N120bn Monthly Subsidy – Kyari Warns Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.