Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,486 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

Jonathan’s Economic Policy ‘failing’ — UN - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan’s Economic Policy ‘failing’ — UN (11176 Views)

Buhari Economic policy is very sound and Pragmatic. by Tuale4u / Our Growth, A Result Of Jonathan’s Economic Policies – Dangote / BUHARI:I Will Reverse Jonathan Economic Policy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan’s Economic Policy ‘failing’ — UN by feelamong(m): 1:14pm On Sep 19, 2012
This ad is rather boring wink can you make a better one?
Re: Jonathan’s Economic Policy ‘failing’ — UN by chucky234(m): 1:17pm On Sep 19, 2012
AjanleKoko:

Nobody is over-intellectualizing anything.
And your comment is the example of the partisan-ship I mentioned in my post. Most of Jonathan's touted policies have not even gotten off the ground yet. This isn't a defect of his administration, everybody in Nigeria knows that execution is our greatest challenge. Not that I was defending the man. He just has not gotten started yet, simple.
"He just has not gotten started yet" after two whole years,how is it going to take our dear president to his so called touted policies started?
You are the dumbest person out here,olodo rabata.
Re: Jonathan’s Economic Policy ‘failing’ — UN by jmaine: 1:18pm On Sep 19, 2012
obowunmi: Jmaine: money miss road. If you have a learning or reading disorder, don't come and embarrass yourself here. I've never claimed Youwin is a free launch and once again, I don't know any you winners that have run with UK or American visas....so pls I beg- this is not the romance section. Get off drugs if ure on it.

I love qurantining ediots .
Wonder why you disrespect peeps for revealing your shallow grasp of certain issues . . .

.no make me vex abeg cos i have been polite so far . . . .
Re: Jonathan’s Economic Policy ‘failing’ — UN by AjanleKoko: 1:20pm On Sep 19, 2012
obowunmi:

In a country and culture where no one likes to take responsibility for anything. Is it?

I sympathize with GEJ. Its not easy to rule a country like Nigeria.

I share the same sentiment.
It's just convenient to blame this guy, then the next guy, then the next.

Again, not exonerating him, but Nigeria is a heck of a problem to solve. I don't expect him to crack it, to be honest.
Re: Jonathan’s Economic Policy ‘failing’ — UN by AjanleKoko: 1:22pm On Sep 19, 2012
chucky234: He just has not gotten started yet" after two whole years,how is it going to take our dear president to his so called touted policies started?
You are the dumbest person out here,olodo rabata.

Laughable.
You don't even know how to quote a post properly on Nairaland, for heavens sake. And you're calling someone dumb.
You're obviously one of the many people on here who have progressively shat out their brains over time. Shake your head for a minute, does it echo back to you? That's because there's nothing in it undecided
Re: Jonathan’s Economic Policy ‘failing’ — UN by ochukoccna: 1:23pm On Sep 19, 2012
obowunmi: @IdokoJimmy - can you read to understand this article and not just post something from a website?? Thx.
What's the point of it? The argument here is not whether or not Nigeria's GDP is growing or whatever else. The UN has a criteria for claiming why Jonathan's policies are failing. Unemployment and extreme poverty are amongst these reasons.
What is in it for the "common man"? How does a growing GDP translate into wealth or growth, or merely a job for the common man?

Leave him & his ilk including government officials who keep claiming bogus&posting bulls*t figures which doesn't translate into better leaving standards for the majority of the populace
Poverty deepening whilst GDP is growing means something is broken
Will the government [and their publicists] be honest enough to admit& fix it, I doubt shocked shocked
Nigeria is going nowhere
You need look no further than the educational sector to confirm this
All the BRICS nations{emerging economies] have educational institutions in the top 400-700 universities
Even the CIVETS& 7percent club nations have schools in there too
Nigeria is not in the top thousand but comfortable like a bedbug somewhere in 4000& something shocked shocked
Are our students not enriching Ghanian universities? embarassed embarassed
Do you think America, Japan and EU nations [Chinese na to steal & copy, no originality] who drive innovation get the ideas from drinking beer and sipping pepper-soup? shocked shocked
Except we have the political will to tackle corruption and rebuild our archaic educational model, we ain't going nowhere
BRINCS ko,7percent ni, Shior!
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Economic Policy ‘failing’ — UN by obowunmi(m): 1:24pm On Sep 19, 2012
jmaine:

I love qurantining ediots .
Wonder why you disrespect peeps for revealing your shallow grasp of certain issues . . .

.no make me vex abeg cos i have been polite so far . . . .

I too, have been polite so far.

Where in my post did I indicate that folks received "full" funds. I was giving @naijababe, a brief summary of the program. I never even delved into details.

No one needs to know people where blacklisted or banned. For you to bring it up here shows you LACK PROFESSIONAL etiquette.

Its no one"s business on this forum who was banned, blacklisted, and such. Even you bringing this up doesn't show you know anything about the program.
Re: Jonathan’s Economic Policy ‘failing’ — UN by obowunmi(m): 1:26pm On Sep 19, 2012
AjanleKoko:

Laughable.
You don't even know how to quote a post properly on Nairaland, for heavens sake. And you're calling someone dumb.
You're obviously one of the many people on here who have progressively shat out their brains over time. Shake your head for a minute, does it echo back to you? That's because there's nothing in it undecided

Ooga u harsh small....easy na..abeg...looooooool
Re: Jonathan’s Economic Policy ‘failing’ — UN by Toktee(m): 1:26pm On Sep 19, 2012
[quote author=Zeus I]United Nations should shut-up their stinking mouths, they have failed, both as a body and in delivery of their agreed duties. They are not ashamed that they cannot stop the settlement program in Israel or controlling any of the world powers, when the see any third world country, their energy will project beyond the brim. Nigerian youths a mired in the myopic concept of white collar job while opportunities abounds in other sector, that is the problem of Nigerian youths. If U.N has nothi Instead of making sense you are ranting,and who told you that UN has failed in her duties,who even told you that the body was setup to stop settlement in israel,or countrol world powers,why dnt you channel your little energy toward the executive,legislature and the judiciary who are holding the nation hostage,if you have issues with Un,i advice you to visit their office in abuja. Meanwhile the topic is nt united nations.but johnathan and his sinking unemployment and dwarf enconomy,u can open a topic on united nations.
Re: Jonathan’s Economic Policy ‘failing’ — UN by nkemKalu: 1:29pm On Sep 19, 2012
bubadaniel13: What yardstick is the UN using to measure failure?abeg make dem leave us with their imperialistic programmes.
MUMU of the highest order.....if this same U.N had said JONATHAN has reduced unemployment in Nigeria, would u have asked them to leave u alone?.......Ur PRESIDENT HAS FAILED FULL STOP. UN MUST TALK WHAT THEY SEE.......PERIOD.
Re: Jonathan’s Economic Policy ‘failing’ — UN by ZeusI: 1:31pm On Sep 19, 2012
Kx: He said Ojota anti fuel subsidy protesters were sponsored.

Can he now come out and tell us if the same sponsors of ojota protest sponsored this UN report?
Both U.N and you have failed in making any impact in regards to your defined duties. Good in judging others alone.
Re: Jonathan’s Economic Policy ‘failing’ — UN by obowunmi(m): 1:34pm On Sep 19, 2012
Dis Guy:

Well knowing that you choose your team wisely and make swift changes

look at the power sector its eventually picking up and mos tpeople are seeing the effort of that team

I couldn't agree more. Currently GEJ administration has now partnered with the Tony Blair foundation on streamlining government functions....Not sure what will come of this partnership. The intent and desire to change is there.
Re: Jonathan’s Economic Policy ‘failing’ — UN by Fhemmmy: 1:34pm On Sep 19, 2012
naijababe: Then I hope the folks behind the program spoke to the people that it's meant to target to address this sort of setback.

Wonderfully said, cos there is a difference in setting up a program and it is another for it to really to the people that it was meant for.
I will like to know how many people are aware of it.
Re: Jonathan’s Economic Policy ‘failing’ — UN by dedeike: 1:38pm On Sep 19, 2012
AjanleKoko:

The publication, launched on Thursday in Addis Ababa, was presented by the Director, Economic Department, NEPAD division of UNECA, Emmanuel Nnadozie. The publication, which is the 11th edition, however, described Nigeria’s economic growth in 2011 as “robust.”

The robust growth recorded in Nigeria’s economy, according to the publication, was driven mainly by the non-oil sector, and in particular, telecommunications, construction, wholesale/retail trade, hotel and restaurant services, manufacturing, and agriculture. (Premium Times)

Source: http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/index.php/news/176795-jonathans-economic-policy-failing--un

Many chose to close their eyes to the last paragrapgh.
Re: Jonathan’s Economic Policy ‘failing’ — UN by obowunmi(m): 1:38pm On Sep 19, 2012
vislabraye: What are the criteria for development? Job creation and poverty alleviation are the two most significant criteria. This is not rocket science, there are things we can see to know whether the country is moving forward or not.
The president has down quite well in the power sector after a huge price from the consumer. If this can stabilize many SMEs will survive.
There's still more work to be done. But having stable security and good judiciary system would go a long way to help the economy.

WeLl stated.
Re: Jonathan’s Economic Policy ‘failing’ — UN by ZeusI: 1:41pm On Sep 19, 2012
obowunmi:

How is the UN imperialistic? Many Nigerians and Africans work there
And so what? Who makes the decision, Nigeria?
Re: Jonathan’s Economic Policy ‘failing’ — UN by adaptor4all: 1:42pm On Sep 19, 2012
In every failed state like Nigeria,excuses remain d foundation..GEJ is eida a failure,or is an excuse 2 9ja's failure.Only true leaders know dis..Odas r just bunch of opportunists who managed 2 get educated..many of wch I c on NL..wat a pity!
Re: Jonathan’s Economic Policy ‘failing’ — UN by obowunmi(m): 1:43pm On Sep 19, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Wonderfully said, cos there is a difference in setting up a program and it is another for it to really to the people that it was meant for.

Who can claim they haven't heard of the YouWin program? But my question remains: will the amount spent on the program, yield expected results in terms of job creation?

That is yet to be seen and I highly doubt it.
Re: Jonathan’s Economic Policy ‘failing’ — UN by obowunmi(m): 1:44pm On Sep 19, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Who can claim they haven't heard of the YouWin program? But my question remains: will the amount spent on the program, yield expected results in terms of job creation numbers?

Re: Jonathan’s Economic Policy ‘failing’ — UN by jmaine: 1:45pm On Sep 19, 2012
obowunmi:

Where in my post did I indicate that folks received "full" funds. I was giving @naijababe, a brief summary of the program. I never even delved into details.

No one needs to know people where blacklisted or banned. For you to bring it up here shows you LACK PROFESSIONAL etiquette.

Its no one"s business on this forum who was banned, blacklisted, and such. Even you bringing this up doesn't show you know anything about the program.

LOL @ lack of professional etiquete . . no be small thing oo !! cheesy . .

Bros, sorry for busting your swag on this thread. . . .wasn't intentional grin . . .

At least you learnt one or two things about the prog today in addition to your array of knowledge . . . . grin . .

Now, make we die the matter cool . . . .Cheerssss . . . . . .
Re: Jonathan’s Economic Policy ‘failing’ — UN by obowunmi(m): 1:46pm On Sep 19, 2012
Zeus I: And so what? Who makes the decision, Nigeria?

Hmmm....I think an alien. Must a Nigerian control everything?
Re: Jonathan’s Economic Policy ‘failing’ — UN by luc26(f): 1:49pm On Sep 19, 2012
GEJ we warned u!hehehehehe
Re: Jonathan’s Economic Policy ‘failing’ — UN by ismhab(m): 1:53pm On Sep 19, 2012
The report shows that about
one in four Nigerians are
currently unemployed.
There is mistake here, may be they mean, three in four Nigerians are currently unemployed.
Re: Jonathan’s Economic Policy ‘failing’ — UN by Mandelaguy(m): 1:54pm On Sep 19, 2012
jmaine: If we must discuss this thread . .we must eschew all manner of bias and discuss the full weight of the article highlighting the cons & pros been portrayed . . .

The indicting issue in the article was the increasing rate of unemployment over a two year span, and this also corrobrates with NACCIMA report of about over 800 factories who folded up in a 2 year span of 2009 - 2011, add that to the massive retrenchment in the financial sector and the deductions won't be far off since they incorporate such available data . .

But the article did still term the Economic growth as robust for 2011 . . . .

Current developments shows promise if followed up, notably MAN who recently applauded the FG policies in reducing some tedious processes the manufacturing sector faced. They asserted that 240 new factories were established with over 250,000 jobs provided in 2012 . . .Negligible you might say but still a good start since it is a direct input of recent policies propounded by the current FG as established by MAN
And more jobs are still rolling out. In the creation of over 33,000 jobs in the immigration,prisons,civil defence and the military,NDLEA,EFCC,NAPTIP and federal establishments. Wait for the next data on employment rate and come back with this thread,we are definitely stepping in the right direction. The health state of Yar'adua and the politics that followed his death distorted a whole lot of things,but thank God we are on track now.
Re: Jonathan’s Economic Policy ‘failing’ — UN by obowunmi(m): 1:56pm On Sep 19, 2012
jmaine:

LOL @ lack of professional etiquete . . no be small thing oo !! cheesy . .

Bros, sorry for busting your swag on this thread. . . .wasn't intentional grin . . .

At least you learnt one or two things about the prog today in addition to your array of knowledge . . . . grin . .

Now, make we die the matter cool . . . .Cheerssss . . . . . .

I didn't learn anything I don't already know. But shows your IQ level, as to wanting to lay claim on creating the YouWin program. Hope I have been able to boost up your self esteem and if you are one of the program creators: Kudos! I'm sure we've met.

Aburo, all will be well with your mental state IJN. Be well.
Re: Jonathan’s Economic Policy ‘failing’ — UN by luluosas(m): 1:56pm On Sep 19, 2012
I thought GEJ just scored himself 100% in performance in his self appraisal workbook.
Re: Jonathan’s Economic Policy ‘failing’ — UN by Nobody: 1:57pm On Sep 19, 2012
I need the UN source link not the Dailtrust's!
Re: Jonathan’s Economic Policy ‘failing’ — UN by nagoma(m): 1:59pm On Sep 19, 2012
AjanleKoko: It's difficult to say the policy is failing, actually.
Much of the policy hasn't even been implemented. There's also a significant lack of alignment between the tiers of government, and even inside the executive.
Everybody is running around in different directions, all chasing moving targets.

The partisan-ship is also at its highest level since the military left the reins of power.

So the policy is failing.Despite the difficulty in saying what is factual.
Re: Jonathan’s Economic Policy ‘failing’ — UN by Nobody: 1:59pm On Sep 19, 2012
obowunmi:

Everything in your post is stated on YOUWIN's official website and you have to pardon me if I simply choose not believe everything I read especially when it comes to these sort of things.

I'll be the first to admit that not knowing a beneficiary of the program does not mean it's unsuccessful. My original question was and remains how this is different from previous govt programs.
Re: Jonathan’s Economic Policy ‘failing’ — UN by Venchy: 2:05pm On Sep 19, 2012
AjanleKoko: It's difficult to say the policy is failing, actually.
Much of the policy hasn't even been implemented. There's also a significant lack of alignment between the tiers of government, and even inside the executive.
Everybody is running around in different directions, all chasing moving targets.

The partisan-ship is also at its highest level since the military left the reins of power.

Can you pls tell us the element of failure in government policies??

May be NIGERIANS have to wait till Jesus come, two yrs of his Term is gone and NO PLANS TO TACKLE UNEMPLOYMENT, No strategic plans for the youths, all our road are simply the world TRAPS let alone the Electricity Wahala all this yrs.

If some state governor are making difference within their states, I think we should see more progress at the Federal Level but it's all same story, Money Making Ventures.......Too bad, this Leaders are really Bad.

I reall don't know what's difficult in building your country but it's a different ball for African Leaders.

God will inflict a serious punishment on them and their family + Generation to come.
Re: Jonathan’s Economic Policy ‘failing’ — UN by Gbawe: 2:06pm On Sep 19, 2012
AjanleKoko:

Nobody is over-intellectualizing anything.
[b]And your comment is the example of the partisan-ship I mentioned in my post. [/b]Most of Jonathan's touted policies have not even gotten off the ground yet. This isn't a defect of his administration, everybody in Nigeria knows that execution is our greatest challenge. Not that I was defending the man. He just has not gotten started yet, simple.

Guy, what are you talking about? "Ameliorating" policies don't worsen things. That is what has happened here. Unemployment is greater under GEJ. Unemployment should not get worse if mismanagement is not greater and policies are not less effective. Simple as that. This is not an issue open to spin. Rather, it is another incontrovertible proof, as the UN submitted, that "Jonathan's economic policies failing".
Re: Jonathan’s Economic Policy ‘failing’ — UN by kutchs: 2:08pm On Sep 19, 2012
obowunmi:

Who can claim they haven't heard of the YouWin program? But my question remains: will the amount spent on the program, yield expected results in terms of job creation numbers?

are u one of the beneficiaries? If u‘re not as am sure u‘re not why are u so sure the program will not yield the expected result in terms of job creation. You cant judge businesses that haven‘t taken off or at best at their take-off stage unless u know what others do not know about them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Electricity Grid Rises To 4,133mw / Election: Prosecute, Don’t Kill Nigerians – Ben Bruce Tells Military / AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq: EFCC Saved Us From Inheriting Empty Treasury

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.