Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,542 members, 7,816,317 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:26 AM

Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 (19643 Views)

Glo Disses Mtn In Their Porting Advert? / Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial / iPhone 5 Queues Around The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by coolkaboom(m): 2:43pm On Sep 20, 2012
Extreme brand loyalty or what?

Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by coogar: 2:49pm On Sep 20, 2012
all4naija: Present a link to support your assertion! cry cry cry

a link to prove iOS 6 is better than ice cream sandwich? you need adult education! you are doing the equivalent of asking me to provide a link that high definition TVs are better than black/white TVs. the difference is clear grin
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by koulbouy(m): 2:52pm On Sep 20, 2012
Now adays common sense is no more common
if apple come out with Ishit, Imess, Ipoopoo, Idie, many will still buy and be proud
iphone is too closed
i love freedom, i should be able to customize my phone and why should i pay for a phone 3times its value just because it carries a name.... please same goes for those that buy a shirt of 7k for 75k just because it has a name tag.....

pls give me somsung galaxy s3 with the giant google android latest Os, its a world of total freedom with over 500k apps
the other day i was looking for my car keys i had to download free metal detector from googleplay and i found my keys....THAT IS FREEDOM
if i am tired of the way my andriod looks i root it and install another that siuts me....CAN YOU BEAT THAT.....

[size=15pt]MY GRANDFATHERS WERE SLAVE TO THE BRITISH........Y SHOULD I BE A SLAVE TO APPLE[/size]

4 Likes

Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by Nobody: 2:58pm On Sep 20, 2012
coogar:

a link to prove iOS 6 is better than ice cream sandwich? you need adult education! you are doing the equivalent of asking me to provide a link that high definition TVs are better than black/white TVs. the difference is clear grin
Why do you dodge my question? How can iPhone 5 A6 ARMT cortext equivalent to dual-core be better than Samsung Exynos 4 Quad-core chip?

Now you are nosing around the Operating system,dude.

Check this LINK for comparison of iPhone 5 against Samsung Galaxy S III: http://www.gizmag.com/iphone-5-vs-galaxy-s-iii-specs-comparison/24196/
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by Nobody: 3:08pm On Sep 20, 2012
koulbouy: Now adays common sense is no more common
if apple come out with Ishit, Imess, Ipoopoo, Idie, many will still buy and be proud
iphone is too closed
i love freedom, i should be able to customize my phone and why should i pay for a phone 3times its value just because it carries a name.... please same goes for those that buy a shirt of 7k for 75k just because it has a name tag.....

pls give me somsung galaxy s3 with the giant google android latest Os, its a world of total freedom with over 500k apps
the other day i was looking for my car keys i had to download free metal detector from googleplay and i found my keys....THAT IS FREEDOM
if i am tired of the way my andriod looks i root it and install another that siuts me....CAN YOU BEAT THAT.....

[size=15pt]MY GRANDFATHERS WERE SLAVE TO THE BRITISH........Y SHOULD I BE A SLAVE TO APPLE[/size]

You talk of having metal detector, who says Itunes dont have that? I've never used it because I dont need it and when you are talking about apps, please dont talk about it anymore because we all know apple has the best apps, you know why? The apps developers are protected in the aspect of reaping from their labor, and not your samsung shit where everything can be downloaded free, is that what you call freedom ? Using another man's work without paying ? Na, thats stealing
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by Nobody: 3:11pm On Sep 20, 2012
Gbyte:

You talk of having metal detector, who says Itunes dont have that? I've never used it because I dont need it and when you are talking about apps, please dont talk about it anymore because we all know apple has the best apps, you know why? The apps developers are protected in the aspect of reaping from their labor, and not your samsung shit where everything can be downloaded free, is that what you call freedom ? Using another man's work without paying ? Na, thats stealing
That is what is call opensource! Not everything is worth paying for. Many developers are willing to do things like that and supported by the efforts of the larger tech community. You still don't understand what open-source licensing is all about. Apple is a d.i.c.k!
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by scottN(m): 3:13pm On Sep 20, 2012
Nice grin
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by coogar: 3:22pm On Sep 20, 2012
all4naija: Why do you dodge my question? How can iPhone 5 A6 ARMT cortext equivalent to dual-core be better than Samsung Exynos 4 Quad-core chip?

Now you are nosing around the Operating system,dude.

Check this LINK for comparison of iPhone 5 against Samsung Galaxy S III: http://www.gizmag.com/iphone-5-vs-galaxy-s-iii-specs-comparison/24196/

i am not even sure you have the ability to read and understand - your own link has nailed your coffin. single quad core, 4 quad core means nothing....that is just papering the cracks and that's what your link was saying....

Remember when I said specs weren't everything? These chips are great examples. On paper, the processors in both versions (North America and international) of the Galaxy S III are superior - faster clock speed and an equal or greater number of cores. But early tests reveal that Apple's custom A6 SoC is a beast, breaking records in Geekbench and Sunspider benchmarks.
Unsurprisingly, the A6's closest rival in those tests has been the Galaxy S III. Both editions of the handset deliver some of the best smartphone performance you'll see in 2012 ... but they may not match the wicked speed of the iPhone 5.

even though samsung managed to con you neophytes - apple's a-6 bested it!
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by samir101ng(m): 3:22pm On Sep 20, 2012
coogar:

are you serious? apple's a6 that is twice as fast as the a5 on iPhone 4s is not as fast as the one on samsung galaxy 3? who told you that? grin. iphone 5 has the better display. 326PPI to samsung's 306PPI - galaxy s3 is just wide, the quality is inferior. don't even get me started on iOS 6 vs ice cream sandwich on samsung galaxy!

[url]http://www.tomshardware.com/news/iPhone-5-Benchmarks-ARMv7-performance-Apple-A6-Chip,17634.html[/url]

Benchmarks Show iPhone 5's A6 is Twice as Fast as A5 Chip

How does the iPhone 5 stack up against previous iOS devices and its Android competitors?

When Apple unveiled the iPhone 5 last week, the company revealed that it was running on an Apple A6 chip. However, there wasn't a whole lot said about the chip itself. Thankfully, the weekend has brought us some benchmarks, courtesy of Geekbench, which shed some light on the chip that makes this smartphone go.

Geekbench's results say the iPhone 5's processor is a dual-core 1.02 GHz ARMv7 CPU. This flies in the face of previous reports that the Apple A6 was an A15 or A9 chip. The iPhone 5 posted a Geekbench score of 1601. To put that in perspective, the iPad 3's dual-core A5X scored 797 with Geekbench, and the dual-core A5 in the iPhone 4S scored just 632. If these Geekbench numbers are accurate, iPhone 5 users can expect performance that's double that of an iPhone 4S.

When you pit the iPhone 5 against Android, the Galaxy S III just squeaks in past the iPhone 5 with a score of 1628, while the Nexus 7 tablet scores a 1604. The next Android phone to score close to the iPhone 5's 1608 is the HTC One S, which boasts a Geekbench score of 1277. The A6's score of 1608 matches that of the Intel Core 2 Duo SU7300, and ahead of the Intel Celeron 570, the AMD Opteron 148, the AMD Athlon 64 3500+, and the Intel Pentium SU4100.

The iPhone 5 is set to go on sale September 21, so expect more detailed benchmarks as the phone becomes available to the masses.

undecided undecided
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by timpaker(m): 3:25pm On Sep 20, 2012
This phone is da boom (Not Boko Haram) shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
I don't mind selling my E7 and my neighbours Alsatian puppies for this 2020 phone. cool cool cool cool cool
Where my piggy bank at? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by Nobody: 3:27pm On Sep 20, 2012
@Coogar, I was going to say the same thing about the link he posted, cos with what I've read on the link, it says my iPhone still beats Sammy Hands down
All4naija, please read for yourself the screenshot from your link

Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by Nobody: 3:30pm On Sep 20, 2012
all4naija: That is what is call opensource! Not everything is worth paying for. Many developers are willing to do things like that and supported by the efforts of the larger tech community. You still don't understand what open-source licensing is all about. Apple is a d.i.c.k!

Opensource my foot, who says Apple does not have free apps? Go to the store yourself and see for yourself, apps that should be free are free and the ones u should pay for, you pay for them and everyone laughs
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by coogar: 4:04pm On Sep 20, 2012
samir101ng:

Benchmarks Show iPhone 5's A6 is Twice as Fast as A5 Chip

How does the iPhone 5 stack up against previous iOS devices and its Android competitors?

When Apple unveiled the iPhone 5 last week, the company revealed that it was running on an Apple A6 chip. However, there wasn't a whole lot said about the chip itself. Thankfully, the weekend has brought us some benchmarks, courtesy of Geekbench, which shed some light on the chip that makes this smartphone go.

Geekbench's results say the iPhone 5's processor is a dual-core 1.02 GHz ARMv7 CPU. This flies in the face of previous reports that the Apple A6 was an A15 or A9 chip. The iPhone 5 posted a Geekbench score of 1601. To put that in perspective, the iPad 3's dual-core A5X scored 797 with Geekbench, and the dual-core A5 in the iPhone 4S scored just 632. If these Geekbench numbers are accurate, iPhone 5 users can expect performance that's double that of an iPhone 4S.

When you pit the iPhone 5 against Android, the Galaxy S III just squeaks in past the iPhone 5 with a score of 1628, while the Nexus 7 tablet scores a 1604. The next Android phone to score close to the iPhone 5's 1608 is the HTC One S, which boasts a Geekbench score of 1277. The A6's score of 1608 matches that of the Intel Core 2 Duo SU7300, and ahead of the Intel Celeron 570, the AMD Opteron 148, the AMD Athlon 64 3500+, and the Intel Pentium SU4100.

The iPhone 5 is set to go on sale September 21, so expect more detailed benchmarks as the phone becomes available to the masses.

undecided undecided

this blogger obviously "doctored" his figures - there's no effing way the samsung galaxy s3 would fly @ 1628. i guess we just have to wait and see how the head to head pans out this weekend! the geekbench used all the 4 cores on s3 and the nexus when we all know multi-cores don't scale linearly! abeggi - this is too weird to be true!
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by samir101ng(m): 4:13pm On Sep 20, 2012
@Coogar,

That's Toms Hardware not a blog. A VERY respectable site i might add. Plus they used their data from Geek Bench themselves so its up to peer review.

You can't eat your cake and have it. smiley smiley
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by nkenu(m): 4:13pm On Sep 20, 2012
Samsung all the way angry grin grin
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by walcolm(m): 4:26pm On Sep 20, 2012
texazzpete:

You mean like Samsung showing off S-Voice that's a clone of Siri....that had been available for half a year on iOS? Or Every Android fan going crazy for Jellybean's 60fps smoothness that iOS has had for years?
Or Samsung showing off the Galaxy Note and SGS III's 'retina' pixel density that had been available on the iPhone 4 since 2010?

Everyone is still playing catch up with everyone else grin

guy, this your post is packed with untruths... Samsung doesn't show off S-voice in 'apple' attack video and there's not even anything called retina in Samsung because 'retina' has probably already been patented by apple. oh btw, Jelly bean is all Google as you know

Samsung shows off stuff like SMART STAY, S-BEAM, SHARE SHOT, DIRECT CALL, SMART ALERT, PALM SWIPE CAPTURE, SHAKE TO UPDATE and the FLOATING VIDEO feature

if apple had been the one to innovate any of these features each one would have been a HEAD-LINER. They would have held the world to ransom and ask us all to worship them for their awesomeness.....someone else has innovated stuff they could not think off and they're feeling bad and trying to kill them off
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by coogar: 4:34pm On Sep 20, 2012
samir101ng: @Coogar,
That's Toms Hardware not a blog. A VERY respectable site i might add. Plus they used their data from Geek Bench themselves so its up to peer review.

You can't eat your cake and have it. smiley smiley

the more reason i wouldn't pay attention to him - no wonder he used quadrant benchmark to cook up his scores! abeg, enough of the geekbench and their desperation to convince people galaxy s3 is faster. its not!
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by koulbouy(m): 4:40pm On Sep 20, 2012
walcolm:

Samsung shows off stuff like SMART STAY, S-BEAM, SHARE SHOT, DIRECT CALL, SMART ALERT, PALM SWIPE CAPTURE, SHAKE TO UPDATE and the FLOATING VIDEO feature

abeg tell them apple worshipers make then see...........
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by walcolm(m): 4:43pm On Sep 20, 2012
coogar:

so which one is HDTV and which one is black/white?

i'm sure you know your analogy is definitely wrong. beside the ICS, the iOS is not a HDTV whilst the ICS is a black/white...a LED to LCD analogy is more like it

and i'm sure you know that the iOS is helped by the fact that it's designed specifically for the hardware it runs on....and just so you know, the only device that will give the best performance on iOS6 is iPhone5...4S and new iPad will deliver great performances but will not be anywhere near the iPhone5 because their hardwares were not built specifically for the iOS6. that has been the historical trend going from the different versions of iPhone and iOS

the android OS seems to suffers against the experience delivered by the apple package because there is a diversified hardware base from all comers and even different iterations of the OS itself
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by Nobody: 5:31pm On Sep 20, 2012
For whatever it is, samsung still provides support services to apple in hardware.
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by Nobody: 5:58pm On Sep 20, 2012
Whaaaaaaa?

These folks are starting something that could spiral on for Generations. Hope Apple don't respond. grin
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by sniperwolf(m): 6:32pm On Sep 20, 2012
I'm sick and tired of all there Apple dissing threads
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by Nobody: 9:27pm On Sep 20, 2012
coogar:

i am not even sure you have the ability to read and understand - your own link has nailed your coffin. single quad core, 4 quad core means nothing....that is just papering the cracks and that's what your link was saying....

Remember when I said specs weren't everything? These chips are great examples. On paper, the processors in both versions (North America and international) of the Galaxy S III are superior - faster clock speed and an equal or greater number of cores. But early tests reveal that Apple's custom A6 SoC is a beast, breaking records in Geekbench and Sunspider benchmarks.
Unsurprisingly, the A6's closest rival in those tests has been the Galaxy S III. Both editions of the handset deliver some of the best smartphone performance you'll see in 2012 ...[b] but they may not match the wicked speed of the iPhone 5.
[/b]You like long story a lot.

even though samsung managed to con you neophytes - apple's a-6 bested it!
What is not clear to you in 1.02GHZ against Samsung 1.4GHZ? Indeed, you like to ignore things that are importance chasing after less important ones.

This might be a good read: http://www.itproportal.com/2012/09/17/benchmarks-show-iphone-5-trailing-galaxy-s-iii/
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by Nobody: 1:28am On Sep 21, 2012
Testing IOS 6 on my Iphone 4s already and I tell you that the thing no disappoint
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by Nobody: 3:18am On Sep 21, 2012
Gbyte: @Coogar, I was going to say the same thing about the link he posted, cos with what I've read on the link, it says my iPhone still beats Sammy Hands down
All4naija, please read for yourself the screenshot from your link
You too are very shallow in understanding.The LINK I posted is from iPhone supporter and with regards to the post he stated clear that Galaxy S III is superior and the only rival for iPhone 5...while other phones compared are not matches, calling it a beast(I know that is what you are looking at to support your point - which is not what the writer is talking about). Every Link would claim Samsung Galaxy S III is processor is superior and faster than the iPhone 5. I know won't still get it. Don't forget...they may NOT match - he guessed!

The argument is that with a quad-core at 1.4ghz(still beating iPhone 5 at Geekbench mark of 1781)to iPhone dual-core at 1.02ghz, for multitasking iPhone 5 would only look like a slug compare to Samsung Galaxy S III.You can get that clearer at this LINK I posted earlier:http://www.itproportal.com/2012/09/17/benchmarks-show-iphone-5-trailing-galaxy-s-iii/

Why is it that you guys never provide source links to support your claims?
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by kobikwelu(m): 4:42am On Sep 21, 2012
Personlly, i have always believed that what drives apples is just hype....4S released last year and a year later, the sharp guys released 5 (just about the same time that most of those contracts on the 4s would expire!!!) one thing is those apple guys are breaking all records pushing a mirage....

gs3!!
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by Nobody: 5:23am On Sep 21, 2012
I know I tend to beef apple a lot...But seriously I can't help but see apple users as dumb. I mean, don't get me started!

Y'all should check out this video though.........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdIWKytq_q4&feature=player_detailpage#t=42s
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by Nobody: 6:32am On Sep 21, 2012
F.K.O:
am nt a samsung fan,bt i can tell you guys 1 thing,the iphone 5 is no match for the s3...dats the clear truth.until iphone comes with anoda design apart from
a shining rectangular box then i (we) might consider.
Feature wise the s3 makes you feel that your are in 3012 and nt 2012.
The only gud thing abt the iphone 5 is dat its light dats all,forget the 4g and blah blah long screen,wetin pple one use 4g do 3.5g nor fast reach.

dude.. u sound like a fandroid.. even tech reviewers know the s3 is on par with the iphone5, funny thing is the A6 processor is by far ore powerful than your dualcore, and by the way fandroid, your phone isnt built to last!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! as with most samsung products, apple on the under hand isnt cheap plastic.
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by Nobody: 6:36am On Sep 21, 2012
all4naija: Come on! I don't like such premise! I was once an avid, indeed, obssessed with iphones in the past only to find out that they are overrated. Yes! I have used iphone from iPhone 3 to 4. Please, don't tell me it is superior - just all about the mainstream-abracadabra hype! Nothing special in there than Samsung products.

nope! i dont belive you..thats a clear lie!! you have obviously never used an iphone or you would know they are clearly superior, how do you sell a quarter of the global smart phone market if you are overrated? dude if you are so smart make a smart phone an dstop sounding childish, what are you 16?
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by Nobody: 6:45am On Sep 21, 2012
all4naija: You too are very shallow in understanding.The LINK I posted is from iPhone supporter and with regards to the post he stated clear that Galaxy S III is superior and the only rival for iPhone 5...while other phones compared are not matches, calling it a beast(I know that is what you are looking at to support your point - which is not what the writer is talking about). Every Link would claim Samsung Galaxy S III is processor is superior and faster than the iPhone 5. I know won't still get it. Don't forget...they may NOT match - he guessed!

The argument is that with a quad-core at 1.4ghz(still beating iPhone 5 at Geekbench mark of 1781)to iPhone dual-core at 1.02ghz, for multitasking iPhone 5 would only look like a slug compare to Samsung Galaxy S III.You can get that clearer at this LINK I posted earlier:http://www.itproportal.com/2012/09/17/benchmarks-show-iphone-5-trailing-galaxy-s-iii/

Why is it that you guys never provide source links to support your claims?

stop ranting dude...iphone 5 is selling you are just ranting..go to the office and do some work!!!!!!!!!!!!! Later in the day go buy the phone you want and nobody really cares, just buy whichever and use it to get your job done properly in other to make life easier for you. thats the aim of smart phones in the first place, not for grown arse men to be ranting like 15 years old over hich phone is better. You need to understand that all these comparisons are not for third world countries where 98% of the population live below poverty level, these reviews are for teenagers in developed countries to try and sway their purchase choices.
seriously Nigeria has alot of pressing issues for adults to discuss and not samsung's diss ad, like i just heard the house of reps memeber asked for and increase discuss that instead because it affects you and every other Nigerian wasting time arguing about phones.
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by Kasiye: 7:19am On Sep 21, 2012

1 Like

Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by texazzpete(m): 8:52am On Sep 21, 2012
walcolm:

guy, this your post is packed with untruths... Samsung doesn't show off S-voice in 'apple' attack video and there's not even anything called retina in Samsung because 'retina' has probably already been patented by apple. oh btw, Jelly bean is all Google as you know

if apple had been the one to innovate any of these features each one would have been a HEAD-LINER. They would have held the world to ransom and ask us all to worship them for their awesomeness.....someone else has innovated stuff they could not think off and they're feeling bad and trying to kill them off

It's not your fault you cannot read. Where did I say the commercial showed off S-Voice?

Samsung showed off S-Voice in their Galaxy S III launch.

I put 'Retina' in quotes because it's an Apple marketing term...but it's generally accepted to refer to screens with high pixel density that result in individual pixels not being distinguishable by the human retina from normal viewing range.

Smart Stay would NEVER be a headliner because it just doesn't work for many people. Palm swipe capture is a useless feature. it's much easier to take a snapshot with button press combinations...which is why Samsung that in too. Shake to Update is akin to 'pull to refresh' already existing in many iOS apps since 2010...and it has never been put forward as a headline feature. As a Galaxy S III owner (and someone who has helped a few other folks grab theirs), I have never seen anyone use that feature aside from using it as a bragging point or to demo multitasking. Real world usage? Nearly nil.

What makes your argument rather m0r0nic is that nearly all those features were headlined in the Galaxy S III launch conference. Even in the first Samsung print ad targeting Apple, Samsung took pains to list all these as killer, differentiating features.

Finally, nobody held a gun to your head to force you to buy Apple products. In fact, Samsung is even the one that you ought to worry about seeing as how they are negatively impacting all the other Android OEMs.

Want proof? I challenge you to name off head the innovative software/innovations brought by HTC, Sony and Motorola.

Samsung sheep grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Gionee A1 Plus Specs & Price In Nigeria (Jumia & Slot) 2018 / Twitter, Elon Musk Reach Deal On Buyout For $44bn, Announcement Imminent / Top 8 Apps Designed By Africans For Africans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.