Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,613 members, 7,816,517 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:30 PM

Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 (19646 Views)

Glo Disses Mtn In Their Porting Advert? / Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial / iPhone 5 Queues Around The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by coogar: 3:26pm On Sep 29, 2012
jmaine:
Wrong assertion . . . . .Update for the GS3 to jelly bean has already been activated across selected countries in Europe with reports citing Poland as the first . .

http://www.engadget.com/2012/09/24/jelly-bean-ota-update-for-samsung-galaxy-s-iii/

selected countries? how convenient!! and i am sure the noisemakers here who are majorly based in naija would benefit from europe! as @ last week, only 1.2% of the android users have jellybean on their devices. as at last week, 100 million apple users have downloaded iOS6! i'd be silly to use android - it's meant for mayans, aztecs and neanderthals!

and there is a new tutorial on how to force an android phone to update over the air if there is any available update . . .So this should solve the impasse of telco carriers notoriously delaying update to their clients . . .

http://techpp.com/2012/09/26/force-android-update/

However. . .The andriod ecosystem need to do more by making it as seamless as the Apple IOS

you don't get this, do you?
there's a financial incentive for phone-makers using android as their os! the lack of updates drives the consumers to get the latest phones with the latest os! it's a strategy and the device manufacturers can't be bothered with the time consuming porting of latest os updates to their old devices! this is where the apple choice is a no-brainer but then not too many people on the planet are smart!
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by jmaine: 4:09pm On Sep 29, 2012
coogar:

you don't get this, do you?
there's a financial incentive for phone-makers using android as their os! the lack of updates drives the consumers to get the latest phones with the latest os! it's a strategy and the device manufacturers can't be bothered with the time consuming porting of latest os updates to their old devices! this is where the apple choice is a no-brainer but then not too many people on the planet are smart!

offcourse i know the drill . . .A reason why i said . . . . .

jmaine:

And there is a new tutorial on how to force an android phone to update over the air if there is any available update . . .So this should solve the impasse of telco carriers notoriously delaying update to their clients . . .

http://techpp.com/2012/09/26/force-android-update/

http://www.ghacks.net/2012/09/26/force-an-android-device-to-find-an-update/

However. . .The andriod ecosystem need to do more by making it as seamless as the Apple IOS

The above solves the deliberate delaying of updates by the telcos and why i said the android ecosystem need to make it seamless rather than relying on tweaks to bypass those issues you raised . . . . .
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by coogar: 4:17pm On Sep 29, 2012
jmaine:
offcourse i know the drill . . .A reason why i said . . . . .
That above solves the deliberate delaying of updates by the telcos . . . . .

there was supposed to be an android update alliance announced this time last year - how has that taken off?

http://www.slashgear.com/android-update-alliance-examined-results-since-google-io-found-lacking-06177411/
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by jmaine: 4:41pm On Sep 29, 2012
coogar:

there was supposed to be an android update alliance announced this time last year - how has that taken off?

http://www.slashgear.com/android-update-alliance-examined-results-since-google-io-found-lacking-06177411/

There is now a work around for Andriod users/fans to catch a glimpse of the update paradise IOS users took for granted grin (cos it's off the box with no hassle) . .

So your link doesn't suffice presently bruv . . .

Update Solution solved grin . . .
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by Abrantie: 11:04pm On Sep 29, 2012
Apple fans, just give up. Your beloved "Jesus phone" can't even keep up with last year's chinkos. The CEO of Apple has apologized for screwing up iMaps and said you isheeps should go and use other maps, including Google's... ouch! the irony!
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by coogar: 11:08pm On Sep 29, 2012
jmaine:

There is now a work around for Andriod users/fans to catch a glimpse of the update paradise IOS users took for granted grin (cos it's off the box with no hassle) . .

So your link doesn't suffice presently bruv . . .

Update Solution solved grin . . .

until its solved, keep admiring my latest os whilst y'all are married to the past!

Abrantie: Apple fans, just give up. Your beloved "Jesus phone" can't even keep up with last year's chinkos. The CEO of Apple has apologized for screwing up iMaps and said you isheeps should go and use other maps, including Google's... ouch! the irony!

it's so easy to see you are a semi-illiterate! "i-sheeps"? lololol. how do you expect apple imaps to compete with google maps all of a sudden? even apple knows their maps won't be perfect before releasing iphone 5, they need the users to make it more accurate and since 100 million users have downloaded iOS 6, it's only a matter of time!
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by jmaine: 11:34pm On Sep 29, 2012
coogar:

until its solved, keep admiring my latest os whilst y'all are married to the past!

it's so easy to see you are a semi-illiterate! "i-sheeps"? lololol. how do you expect apple imaps to compete with google maps all of a sudden? even apple knows their maps won't be perfect before releasing iphone 5, they need the users to make it more accurate and since 100 million users have downloaded iOS 6, it's only a matter of time!

So you were all "beta" testing the Imaps cheesy .. . . .Just hook with a nokia map while Apple sort themselves out . . . wink
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by Ayhor2unde(m): 3:13am On Oct 01, 2012
coogar:

only the iphone use iOS - there are more phone manufacturers out there using the android so it's idiotic to think there would be more users of iOS than androids - a fair comparison is apple vs samsung or apple vs htc or apple vs lg
It is obvious u piss wit ur nose. I'm talking OS u talking nonsense.
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by coogar: 12:40pm On Oct 01, 2012
jmaine:

So you were all "beta" testing the Imaps cheesy .. . . .Just hook with a nokia map while Apple sort themselves out . . . wink

i have got a satnav in my car - i was never going to need the imap. there's no 100% accurate mapping system as businesses move addresses everyday. you cannot expect apple to match google in a day. they need the users to report errors to improve the accuracy. that was how google got there all these years - apple would catch up in a matter of time!

Ayhor2unde:
It is obvious u piss wit ur nose. I'm talking OS u talking nonsense.

you must be high from smoking your father's pubic hair.....only a complete idiöt like yourself would compare iOS to android in terms of sales.
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by jmaine: 1:27pm On Oct 01, 2012
coogar:

i have got a satnav in my car - i was never going to need the imap. there's no 100% accurate mapping system as businesses move addresses everyday. you cannot expect apple to match google in a day. they need the users to report errors to improve the accuracy. that was how google got there all these years - apple would catch up in a matter of time

Fair enough view, but Apple never thought of this when they initially touted their map as " The Most beautiful, Powerful Mapping Services Ever"

Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by Bawss1(m): 8:52pm On Oct 01, 2012
Lol. Don't mind Apple. They are experts at marketing, that's for sure. Now they will have to eat their words with this map debacle meanwhile Google and Nokia will smile to the bank as a result.
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by Ayhor2unde(m): 1:36am On Oct 02, 2012
coogar:

i have got a satnav in my car - i was never going to need the imap. there's no 100% accurate mapping system as businesses move addresses everyday. you cannot expect apple to match google in a day. they need the users to report errors to improve the accuracy. that was how google got there all these years - apple would catch up in a matter of time!

you must be high from smoking your father's pubic hair.....only a complete idiöt like yourself would compare iOS to android in terms of sales.
i bet crAPPLE hired idiots like you to work on the imap.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Gionee A1 Plus Specs & Price In Nigeria (Jumia & Slot) 2018 / Twitter, Elon Musk Reach Deal On Buyout For $44bn, Announcement Imminent / Top 8 Apps Designed By Africans For Africans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.