Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,604 members, 7,816,502 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 (19645 Views)

Glo Disses Mtn In Their Porting Advert? / Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial / iPhone 5 Queues Around The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by texazzpete(m): 8:55am On Sep 21, 2012
kobikwelu: Personlly, i have always believed that what drives apples is just hype....4S released last year and a year later, the sharp guys released 5 (just about the same time that most of those contracts on the 4s would expire!!!) one thing is those apple guys are breaking all records pushing a mirage....

gs3!!

1. Actually most contracts in the US are 2 years...so it's actually the contracts for the iPhone 4 that will be up by this time

2. Annual release of a flagship model is EXACTLY the same model Samsung is following with the Galaxy Note II and the Galaxy S III

You're not very bright, are you?
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by walcolm(m): 9:04am On Sep 21, 2012
texazzpete:

It's not your fault you cannot read. Where did I say the commercial showed off S-Voice?

Samsung showed off S-Voice in their Galaxy S III launch.

I put 'Retina' in quotes because it's an Apple marketing term...but it's generally accepted to refer to screens with high pixel density that result in individual pixels not being distinguishable by the human retina from normal viewing range.

Smart Stay would NEVER be a headliner because it just doesn't work for many people. Palm swipe capture is a useless feature. it's much easier to take a snapshot with button press combinations...which is why Samsung that in too. Shake to Update is akin to 'pull to refresh' already existing in many iOS apps since 2010...and it has never been put forward as a headline feature. As a Galaxy S III owner (and someone who has helped a few other folks grab theirs), I have never seen anyone use that feature aside from using it as a bragging point or to demo multitasking. Real world usage? Nearly nil.

What makes your argument rather m0r0nic is that nearly all those features were headlined in the Galaxy S III launch conference. Even in the first Samsung print ad targeting Apple, Samsung took pains to list all these as killer, differentiating features.

Finally, nobody held a gun to your head to force you to buy Apple products. In fact, Samsung is even the one that you ought to worry about seeing as how they are negatively impacting all the other Android OEMs.

Want proof? I challenge you to name off head the innovative software/innovations brought by HTC, Sony and Motorola.

Samsung sheep grin

your own initial post quoted below for you to re-read and understand. i wont dignify your classless post above with any response. its a shame you don't have what it takes to have a conversation without throwing insults. whatever deep seated inadequacy you think you need to compensate for to get your point of view across and accepted is something you'll need to work out on your own. wish you luck with that

texazzpete:

You mean like Samsung showing off S-Voice that's a clone of Siri....

Or Samsung showing off the Galaxy Note and SGS III's 'retina' pixel density that had been available on the iPhone 4 since 2010?
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by texazzpete(m): 9:42am On Sep 21, 2012
walcolm:

your own initial post quoted below for you to re-read and understand. i wont dignify your classless post above with any response. its a shame you don't have what it takes to have a conversation without throwing insults. whatever deep seated inadequacy you think you need to compensate for to get your point of view across and accepted is something you'll need to work out on your own. wish you luck with that

I said 'Samsung showed off S-Voice'

Did I say Samsung showed off S-Voice IN THIS VIDEO?!!

I don't insult. I call out m0r0ns. And you're an unrepentant one indeed. Now bugger off.
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by samir101ng(m): 10:02am On Sep 21, 2012
http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=27750

Nokia Explains Why You Should Get a Lumia 920 Instead of an iPhone 5

Samsung has definitely had its time to poke fun at Apple's recently announced (and soon to be released) iPhone 5. Last weekend, Samsung released a print ad that proclaimed "It doesn't take a genius" to select a Galaxy S III over the iPhone 5. Yesterday, Samsung got even bolder by releasing a new TV commercial that not only poked fun at the iPhone 5, but also the rabid fans that camp out for hours (if not days) to be the first to have the latest Apple smartphone.

Now, Nokia is having its fun in the sun with an infographic that touts the advantages of its Windows Phone 8 device -- the Lumia 920 -- over the iPhone 5. Naturally, Nokia points to a number of Lumia 920 highlights including wireless charging and the ability to use the touch screen with gloved hands.

So what do you guys think? Does Samsung or Nokia make a better case in countering the iPhone 5 juggernaut?

Just couldn't help myself grin grin

Here's a comment from one of the users on the thread

By Motoman on 9/20/12, Rating: 5
By Motoman on 9/20/2012 3:25:01 PM , Rating: 5

I'll repeat and paraphrase myself:

Apple consumers don't care. About anything. Specs, quality, cost, fitness-for-purpose, whatever. And certainly not realistic reviews.

If it's an iPhone, they're buying it - without spending the slightest amount of effort to even think about it. It's an Apple iPhone. Therefore they buy it.

It wouldn't matter if the latest Nokia washed your car, printed money, and somehow got you laid by supermodels every night...if the iPhone 6 was literally a burning turd in a box guaranteed to give you cancer, it would still sell out to 100% of the Apple fan base.

1 Like

Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by mashnino(m): 10:37am On Sep 21, 2012
lmao..

Watching this ad makes me even more proud i am using a GS3..

This phone is way better than the iphone 5...

damn crious
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by texazzpete(m): 11:29am On Sep 21, 2012
mashnino: lmao..

Watching this ad makes me even more proud i am using a GS3..

This phone is way better than the iphone 5...

damn crious

Can you tell us how it's 'way better'?
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by coogar: 11:33am On Sep 21, 2012
texazzpete:

Can you tell us how it's 'way better'?

don't mind these neophytes!
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by 4llerbuntu(m): 11:34am On Sep 21, 2012
the moment u start hearing the cheap plastic line, you know for a fact that either the turd saying it has NEVER seen a GS III in the flesh, or is simply trolling and looking for points by repeating stuff read elsewhere
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by coogar: 11:45am On Sep 21, 2012
4llerbuntu: the moment u start hearing the cheap plastic line, you know for a fact that either the turd saying it has NEVER seen a GS III in the flesh, or is simply trolling and looking for points by repeating stuff read elsewhere

but samsung is made of plastic......whether it's cheap or expensive plastic is open to another debate! hehe
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by BB013(m): 12:54pm On Sep 21, 2012
Gbyte: What you people dont understand is that when you are good you dont compete with people, they compete with you and while they do that you sit wherever you are laughing at them and doing what you know how to do best and the good thing is that you do those things with ease and you still beat those competing with you hands-down.

I trust Apple not to do an advert back because of Samsung, you know why? Apple is not threathened with the plastic you people call phone. Given an iPhone 4 and your new Galaxy SIII any time any day I'd choose my iPhone, you know why ? Because when you have an iPhone you dont ever need any thing to worry about cos the phone would keep your company; depending on how you can manipulate the phone to do what you want though, now thats what I call a personal assistant
lol

U̶̲̥̅̊ said it all.

1 Like

Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by Nobody: 1:49pm On Sep 21, 2012
lestat:

nope! i dont belive you..thats a clear lie!! you have obviously never used an iphone or you would know they are clearly superior, how do you sell a quarter of the global smart phone market if you are overrated? dude if you are so smart make a smart phone an dstop sounding childish, what are you 16?
Please, do not reply to any of my comments again. As far as you are still trying to tell me I haven't used iPhone when you don't know anything about me proves how ornery you are.

Please, don't quote me again. Thank you!
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by Nobody: 1:50pm On Sep 21, 2012
lestat:

stop ranting dude...iphone 5 is selling you are just ranting..go to the office and do some work!!!!!!!!!!!!! Later in the day go buy the phone you want and nobody really cares, just buy whichever and use it to get your job done properly in other to make life easier for you. thats the aim of smart phones in the first place, not for grown arse men to be ranting like 15 years old over hich phone is better. You need to understand that all these comparisons are not for third world countries where 98% of the population live below poverty level, these reviews are for teenagers in developed countries to try and sway their purchase choices.
seriously Nigeria has alot of pressing issues for adults to discuss and not samsung's diss ad, like i just heard the house of reps memeber asked for and increase discuss that instead because it affects you and every other Nigerian wasting time arguing about phones.
Dude, you are very funny! I think you are silly!
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by coolted(m): 5:45pm On Sep 21, 2012
Imanuelle: Whareva mehn...
Even nigerians wey neva chop dey marvel.
has samsung or apple ever affected my life?
Food never even pass ma adams apple today sef.
lmao... But u still get money to browse

1 Like

Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by Nobody: 6:13pm On Sep 21, 2012
coolted:
lmao... But u still get money to browse

Shebi na mtn dash me 10mb for pulse?
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by Kasiye: 6:32pm On Sep 21, 2012
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by texazzpete(m): 9:51pm On Sep 21, 2012
4llerbuntu: the moment u start hearing the cheap plastic line, you know for a fact that either the turd saying it has NEVER seen a GS III in the flesh, or is simply trolling and looking for points by repeating stuff read elsewhere

How tragic for you that in the first video kasiye posted (iPhone 5 vs Galaxy S III drop test), the Android Authority guy called the Galaxy S III 'cheap plastic' cheesy

So...Is he trolling? never used a GSIII before? Hmm!
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by Nobody: 11:57pm On Sep 21, 2012
Come to think of it, one reason why y'all should know that your super plastic phones are just trying so hard to be the best is that they are the ones coming out with this and that adverts just to convince people to buy their product, but really, when something is good you really dont need to talk much, your product/work would do the talking, and to crown it all, most of the things you people come up with are things that are not even necessary in a phone, things that people would probably not use.

Shake to update, Iphone has pull to refresh and I can tell you that I use that every now and then, but from what Texazzpete said, people hardly use to shake to update which I would agree on, you know why? iPhone has shake to shuffle (Music) and I can tell you that I've not used it once, infact its disabled on my phone because I dont need it, I can use my earphone to shuffle my songs.

The next I'd talk about is the NFC connectivity, thats also not a big deal, you know why iPhone would probably not have that as the phone's feature? Apple protects people's work alot and feel everyone should pay for the worth of everything they get, you'd see that the native bluetooth on iPhone won't share files. You know what Apple is telling people here? If you want to reap people off by getting what they've worked so hard for for free? I wont have my hand in it; thats where we have the option of jailbreaking and pimping our phone.
I should talk a bit about NOKIA, Nokia is one of the best phone manufacturers in the world, after Apple I'd chose NOKIA because I hardly stay without a nokia phone, even when I have my iPhone I support with my super touchlight Nokia so if Nokia is coming out with something now that can atleast compete, well I'd say they are welcomed and we are waiting.
I can keep talking but I really don't need to, one thing I would always tell anyone who feels their phone is better than an iPhone is for that person to buy an iPhone, bring it to me, I'd P I M P the phone for you to an extent give it back to you to use it for 2-3weeks, then go back to your usual phone. I tell you and I can beat my chest to it, you'd throw that thing you CALLED A PHONE away because you'd see that you've indeed been wasting money. If you doubt me, just put me to test,I'd P I M P your phone for you for free so dont be afraid, would even install my paid apps on your phone.
To crown is all, Apple released IOS 6 on wednesday 19 september 2012, I have it on my phone on 20 september 2012, I got it then because of internet issue here, download keeps failing and I have to start all over again, my question is this, HOW MANY OF YOU SAMMY LOVERS HAVE THE LATEST OS FROM SAMSUNG INSTALLED ON YOUR PHONE
I rest my case

1 Like

Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by Nobody: 12:48am On Sep 22, 2012
Gbyte: Come to think of it, one reason why y'all should know that your super plastic phones are just trying so hard to be the best is that they are the ones coming out with this and that adverts just to convince people to buy their product, but really, when something is good you really dont need to talk much, your product/work would do the talking, and to crown it all, most of the things you people come up with are things that are not even necessary in a phone, things that people would probably not use.

Shake to update, Iphone has pull to refresh and I can tell you that I use that every now and then, but from what Texazzpete said, people hardly use to shake to update which I would agree on, you know why? iPhone has shake to shuffle (Music) and I can tell you that I've not used it once, infact its disabled on my phone because I dont need it, I can use my earphone to shuffle my songs.

The next I'd talk about is the NFC connectivity, thats also not a big deal, you know why iPhone would probably not have that as the phone's feature? Apple protects people's work alot and feel everyone should pay for the worth of everything they get, you'd see that the native bluetooth on iPhone won't share files. You know what Apple is telling people here? If you want to reap people off by getting what they've worked so hard for for free? I wont have my hand in it; thats where we have the option of jailbreaking and pimping our phone.
I should talk a bit about NOKIA, Nokia is one of the best phone manufacturers in the world, after Apple I'd chose NOKIA because I hardly stay without a nokia phone, even when I have my iPhone I support with my super touchlight Nokia so if Nokia is coming out with something now that can atleast compete, well I'd say they are welcomed and we are waiting.
I can keep talking but I really don't need to, one thing I would always tell anyone who feels their phone is better than an iPhone is for that person to buy an iPhone, bring it to me, I'd love-vendor the phone for you to an extent give it back to you to use it for 2-3weeks, then go back to your usual phone. I tell you and I can beat my chest to it, you'd throw that thing you CALLED A PHONE away because you'd see that you've indeed been wasting money. If you doubt me, just put me to test,I'd love-vendor your phone for you for free so dont be afraid, would even install my paid apps on your phone.
To crown is all, Apple released IOS 6 on wednesday 19 september 2012, I have it on my phone on 20 september 2012, I got it then because of internet issue here, download keeps failing and I have to start all over again, my question is this, HOW MANY OF YOU SAMMY LOVERS HAVE THE LATEST OS FROM SAMSUNG INSTALLED ON YOUR PHONE
I rest my case
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by Nobody: 2:50am On Sep 22, 2012
all4naija: lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Just what I thought cool
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by glogift(m): 2:55am On Sep 22, 2012
Hope this war will come to an end soon.
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by glogift(m): 3:01am On Sep 22, 2012
Hope this war will come to an end.....!
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by Nobody: 12:15pm On Sep 22, 2012
Gbyte:
Just what I thought cool
I was expecting that one. cool
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by Nobody: 1:38pm On Sep 22, 2012
all4naija: I was expecting that one. cool
And you got it, just as apple won't disappoint, the iPhone users won't either kiss
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by Nobody: 1:45pm On Sep 22, 2012
Gbyte:
And you got it, just as apple won't disappoint, the iPhone users won't either kiss
Apple all rather iPhone 5 has already disappointed the fans. No innovation so far. Isn't that a disappointment? iPhone users based their opinions on sentiments! Bwahaha... grin
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by Nobody: 3:27pm On Sep 22, 2012
all4naija: Apple all rather iPhone 5 has already disappointed the fans. No innovation so far. Isn't that a disappointment? iPhone users based their opinions on sentiments! Bwahaha... grin
And am guessing you are one of the disappointed fans before Apple still makes the best phone in the world
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by Nobody: 5:12pm On Sep 22, 2012
Gbyte:
And am guessing you are one of the disappointed fans before Apple still makes the best phone in the world
Not until iPhone maker, Apple, stop ignoring some segment of the people and be innovative, I will remain among voices out there going against their close-mindedness.
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by Nobody: 6:35pm On Sep 22, 2012
all4naija: Not until iPhone maker, Apple, stop ignoring some segment of the people and be innovative, I will remain among voices out there going against their close-mindedness.
Then you'd keep using the second to best phone or even third to best
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by coogar: 6:58pm On Sep 22, 2012
all4naija: Not until iPhone maker, Apple, stop ignoring some segment of the people and be innovative, I will remain among voices out there going against their close-mindedness.

they are not innovative and they sold 2 million preorders in 24 hrs? why would 2 million people buy something so crappy? can you explain that? then again you mentioned apple ignoring some segments - what segment?
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by Pimples(m): 8:43pm On Sep 22, 2012
coogar:

they are not innovative and they sold 2 million preorders in 24 hrs? why would 2 million people buy something so crappy? can you explain that? then again you mentioned apple ignoring some segments - what segment?
those that are yet to use an iphone just can't understand. Over 5 millions sales already. It reminds me of a Toyota's advert that say's 'THE WORLD CANNOT BE WRONG'
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by Nobody: 8:44pm On Sep 22, 2012
coogar:

How many times would I explain that to you that they are based on sentiments?!You too are just moving with the bandwagon!
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by coogar: 9:18pm On Sep 22, 2012
all4naija: How many times would I explain that to you that they are based on sentiments?!You too are just moving with the bandwagon!

i have been using apple before the whole world got on the bandwagon - i can show you an itunes receipt dated 2004 if you push me. the thing is - apple are just the best in the business. 5 million people and counting can't be wrong! what took samsung 3 months to sell, apple would sell it in one week!
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by Nobody: 9:33pm On Sep 22, 2012
coogar:

i have been using apple before the whole world got on the bandwagon - i can show you an itunes receipt dated 2004 if you push me. the thing is - apple are just the best in the business. 5 million people and counting can't be wrong! what took samsung 3 months to sell, apple would sell it in one week!
That was then. Apple innovation died long before Steve Jobs. That 5 million people and counting can be wrong is a conjecture. We have seen where millions were wrong a single person was right.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Gionee A1 Plus Specs & Price In Nigeria (Jumia & Slot) 2018 / Twitter, Elon Musk Reach Deal On Buyout For $44bn, Announcement Imminent / Top 8 Apps Designed By Africans For Africans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.