Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,563 members, 7,816,367 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 (19644 Views)

Glo Disses Mtn In Their Porting Advert? / Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial / iPhone 5 Queues Around The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by Nobody: 12:45am On Sep 23, 2012
all4naija: That was then. Apple innovation died long before Steve Jobs. That 5 million people and counting can be wrong is a conjecture. We have seen where millions were wrong a single person was right.

and am guessing you are the single person right in this context, keep deceiving and making a fool of yourself. Maybe we should all just leave this all4naija guy to keep deceiving himself. its so obvious he's one of those students in school that would tell the teacher that he's wrong, yet he comes out e E at the end of the session. Keeps arguing blindly. All4naija, if you no gree I don hear you, your plastic phone good, are you happy now?
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by Nobody: 1:02am On Sep 23, 2012
Gbyte:

and am guessing you are the single person right in this context, keep deceiving and making a fool of yourself. Maybe we should all just leave this all4naija guy to keep deceiving himself. its so obvious he's one of those students in school that would tell the teacher that he's wrong, yet he comes out e E at the end of the session. Keeps arguing blindly. All4naija, if you no gree I don hear you, your plastic phone good, are you happy now?
Dude, stop taking my comment out of context. It was response to your 5-million-can't-be-wrong statement and you are trying to take it on me. Please, stop pointing me to the wrong directions using them as excuses for your shortcomings. You are making a claim for 5 million people as if people against are not more than that number.

Dude, spare me your uncompromising retorts!
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by mashnino(m): 4:54pm On Sep 23, 2012
ignorant dudes...

you guys should go and get a gs3 and judge with your eyes

the only thing you guys are ranting about is plastic and metal

what does that have to do with process time...

some of you people know there are so many things i can do with a gs3

that an i-phone can't do...

can't start listing them..

but i just have one simple one..

i can share files thru bluetooth..
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by texazzpete(m): 6:28pm On Sep 23, 2012
mashnino: ignorant dudes...

you guys should go and get a gs3 and judge with your eyes

the only thing you guys are ranting about is plastic and metal

what does that have to do with process time...

some of you people know there are so many things i can do with a gs3

that an i-phone can't do...

can't start listing them..

but i just have one simple one..

i can share files thru bluetooth..

That's good for you. I rarely see the need for that anyway, I have email.

On my iPhone 4S i used to play Street Fighter IV online. I switched to Android and there's no release version for the Galaxy S III.

I miss playing Street Fighter, Soul Calibur and Infinity Blade more than I miss sending files via Bluetooth.

Different folks, different strokes grin
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by BlackBaron: 6:52pm On Sep 23, 2012
Onlive thumps all of that @ Texazz.

Capcom keeps shunning android though. angry Street Fighter vs Tekken is one I'll love on android. Till then, it's MAME et al
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by texazzpete(m): 9:21pm On Sep 23, 2012
BlackBaron: Onlive thumps all of that @ Texazz.

Capcom keeps shunning android though. angry Street Fighter vs Tekken is one I'll love on android. Till then, it's MAME et al

Onlive will never work in Nigeria.

Street Fighter x tekken came out on iOS a few days ago. it's anybody's guess when we'll ever see an Android port
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by Nobody: 12:44am On Sep 24, 2012
texazzpete:

Street Fighter x tekken came out on iOS a few days ago. it's anybody's guess when we'll ever see an Android port

I have some online games and they are not bad, I use home wifi though, try the online multiplayer version of Modern combat 2. I play that every day here
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by mashnino(m): 2:50pm On Sep 24, 2012
texazzpete:

On my iPhone 4S i used to play Street Fighter IV online. I switched to Android and there's no release version for the Galaxy S III.

I miss playing Street Fighter, Soul Calibur and Infinity Blade more than I miss sending files via Bluetooth.

is dat all?

u have better things to complain about
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by mashnino(m): 3:10pm On Sep 24, 2012
[img]http://fs02.androidpit.info/userfiles/1345085/image/iphone5photo.png[/img]

Well, it's here. The speculation is now over, and there's no need for more leaked photos or specs. No need to wonder anymore if it will indeed have a bigger screen or LTE. The iPhone 5 has arrived in all its glory, and while it certainly is a damn nice piece of hardware, the entire Apple event made one point very clear to me: Apple is desperately trying to catch up with Android, and even with the release of this new flagship device, they still aren't even close. With that in mind, you have to admit that some of the points Apple listed as "features" were just downright ridiculous.

First, a spec rundown:

A6 chipset rumored to be twice as fast as the iPhone 4S (is it actually quad core? Nobody seems to be quite sure, but Phone Arena reports that it's actually dual core)
GPU "twice as powerful" as what's found in the iPhone 4S
1GB RAM
8MP with "improved" sensor (8MP was also in the iPhone 4S) and 1920 x 1080P HD recording (3264 x 2448)
Front facing 1.2MP camera
16, 32, and 64GB models available
112 grams
4 inch Retina Display with
LTE

Bad specs? Most definitely not. It's definetely rocking some very solid hardware. But is it anything new that we haven't seen before? Hellz to the no. Enough reason for Apple fanboys to mess with Android users? Not even close.

Now don't get me wrong...the iPhone 5 is NOT a bad device. What makes me laugh about it though, is the way Apple sells it. They act as if this is groundbreaking technology, and Apple fans believe it! If only they knew that Android has been rocking these specs for almost a year now. The HTC One X debuted in February at Mobile World Congress, and even back then it was rocking a quad core processor, 1GB RAM, and an 8MP camera (with the same 3264x2448 pixels as the "new" iPhone 5 by the way), which pretty much matches/beats the new iPhone 5 across the board. But does that matter to Apple? Not at all. In all honesty, why should it?

Apple fans WILL buy this device simply because most of them don't realize that the technology is nothing new (that and the fact that it's an Apple product). I honestly had to lol a few times when watching the event, especially when they started talking about "how difficult it was to make the screen 4inches". Are you kidding me? Look at the Galaxy Note 2's massive screen and quad core monster processor with 2GB of RAM (or the big display on the Galaxy S3) and then tell us about "how hard" it was to accomplish. Common. I honestly can't believe they can get away with this stuff. But one thing Apple does VERY well is to sell its technology as "groundbreaking", and they have certainly perfected this "art".

And in ususual iPhone fashion, something is missing: NFC. Will Apple fans care? Probably not. I mean after all, you gotta have something to show off that's different for the iPhone 6 right? By the time iPhones get NFC, Android users will probably be beaming data to each other Star Trek style.

Apple did introduce some cool new IOS features, and the phone certainly doesn't look bad (and yeah, it will run fast as hell). That being said, it looks painfully like the iPhone 4 and 4S, and certainly isn't anything out of Apple's norm. Whether Apple wants to admit it or not, Android is currently leaps and bounds ahead of them, and with Google's purchase of Motorola, Apple's advantage of "software built for hardware" is pretty much null and void.

(The part with Siri being better built for sports scores and movies also cracked me up, as Google Now has pretty much bested Siri in almost every way possible).

This is why I said earlier that Android desperately needs the iPhone 5. This is the proof that Apple is simply running out of ideas, and could be a great way for flaghship phones like the Galaxy S3 to gain even more traction in terms of popularity. I'm glad the iPhone is here, I'm glad consumers have more options, and I'm glad that Android has all the tools in its arsenal to prove to the world that its devices can be just as/more attractive, powerful, and feature packed as the iPhone.

I'm off to get popcorn, as I have a feeling that HTC and Samsung are about to start the show with some good old fashioned LTE patents.

What do you guys think of the iPhone 5?
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by walcolm(m): 3:26pm On Sep 24, 2012
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by AtheistD(m): 3:29pm On Sep 24, 2012
texazzpete:

There is no decent Android based project management app like SGProject on IOS. When it comes to software and apps Ios wins over Android in my opinion. I still prefer my GS3 however.
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by texazzpete(m): 3:54pm On Sep 24, 2012
mashnino:

is dat all?

u have better things to complain about

So a random internet fellow thinks he knows what I should prefer when it comes to phones?

I would play Street Fighter MUCH MUCH more than I would do Bluetooth transfers.

Is Bluetooth file transfer the only thing you can complain about?
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by texazzpete(m): 3:55pm On Sep 24, 2012
mashnino: [img]http://fs02.androidpit.info/userfiles/1345085/image/iphone5photo.png[/img]

Well, it's here. The speculation is now over, and there's no need for more leaked photos or specs. No need to wonder anymore if it will indeed have a bigger screen or LTE. The iPhone 5 has arrived in all its glory, and while it certainly is a damn nice piece of hardware, the entire Apple event made one point very clear to me: Apple is desperately trying to catch up with Android, and even with the release of this new flagship device, they still aren't even close. With that in mind, you have to admit that some of the points Apple listed as "features" were just downright ridiculous.

First, a spec rundown:

A6 chipset rumored to be twice as fast as the iPhone 4S (is it actually quad core? Nobody seems to be quite sure, but Phone Arena reports that it's actually dual core)
GPU "twice as powerful" as what's found in the iPhone 4S
1GB RAM
8MP with "improved" sensor (8MP was also in the iPhone 4S) and 1920 x 1080P HD recording (3264 x 2448)
Front facing 1.2MP camera
16, 32, and 64GB models available
112 grams
4 inch Retina Display with
LTE

Bad specs? Most definitely not. It's definetely rocking some very solid hardware. But is it anything new that we haven't seen before? Hellz to the no. Enough reason for Apple fanboys to mess with Android users? Not even close.

Now don't get me wrong...the iPhone 5 is NOT a bad device. What makes me laugh about it though, is the way Apple sells it. They act as if this is groundbreaking technology, and Apple fans believe it! If only they knew that Android has been rocking these specs for almost a year now. The HTC One X debuted in February at Mobile World Congress, and even back then it was rocking a quad core processor, 1GB RAM, and an 8MP camera (with the same 3264x2448 pixels as the "new" iPhone 5 by the way), which pretty much matches/beats the new iPhone 5 across the board. But does that matter to Apple? Not at all. In all honesty, why should it?

Apple fans WILL buy this device simply because most of them don't realize that the technology is nothing new (that and the fact that it's an Apple product). I honestly had to lol a few times when watching the event, especially when they started talking about "how difficult it was to make the screen 4inches". Are you kidding me? Look at the Galaxy Note 2's massive screen and quad core monster processor with 2GB of RAM (or the big display on the Galaxy S3) and then tell us about "how hard" it was to accomplish. Common. I honestly can't believe they can get away with this stuff. But one thing Apple does VERY well is to sell its technology as "groundbreaking", and they have certainly perfected this "art".

And in ususual iPhone fashion, something is missing: NFC. Will Apple fans care? Probably not. I mean after all, you gotta have something to show off that's different for the iPhone 6 right? By the time iPhones get NFC, Android users will probably be beaming data to each other Star Trek style.

Apple did introduce some cool new IOS features, and the phone certainly doesn't look bad (and yeah, it will run fast as hell). That being said, it looks painfully like the iPhone 4 and 4S, and certainly isn't anything out of Apple's norm. Whether Apple wants to admit it or not, Android is currently leaps and bounds ahead of them, and with Google's purchase of Motorola, Apple's advantage of "software built for hardware" is pretty much null and void.

(The part with Siri being better built for sports scores and movies also cracked me up, as Google Now has pretty much bested Siri in almost every way possible).

This is why I said earlier that Android desperately needs the iPhone 5. This is the proof that Apple is simply running out of ideas, and could be a great way for flaghship phones like the Galaxy S3 to gain even more traction in terms of popularity. I'm glad the iPhone is here, I'm glad consumers have more options, and I'm glad that Android has all the tools in its arsenal to prove to the world that its devices can be just as/more attractive, powerful, and feature packed as the iPhone.

I'm off to get popcorn, as I have a feeling that HTC and Samsung are about to start the show with some good old fashioned LTE patents.

What do you guys think of the iPhone 5?

Why post this drivel here when half the world now knows the iPhone 5 crushes the Galaxy S III in most benchmarks?

grin
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by A2J(m): 7:07pm On Sep 24, 2012
Gbyte: What you people dont understand is that when you are good you dont compete with people, they compete with you and while they do that you sit wherever you are laughing at them and doing what you know how to do best and the good thing is that you do those things with ease and you still beat those competing with you hands-down.

I trust Apple not to do an advert back because of Samsung, you know why? Apple is not threathened with the plastic you people call phone. Given an iPhone 4 and your new Galaxy SIII any time any day I'd choose my iPhone, you know why ? Because when you have an iPhone you dont ever need any thing to worry about cos the phone would keep your company; depending on how you can manipulate the phone to do what you want though, now thats what I call a personal assistant
lol

You joking right? Apple not threatened? why are the on going court wahala? why didnt apple sue LG or other? Apple sees a strong competition from samsung(in the mobile phone though).

i love apple products for its workmanship and am still loving my iphone4 but dont say apple is not threatened, ko jo!
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by coogar: 7:18pm On Sep 24, 2012
A2J:

You joking right? Apple not threatened? why are the on going court wahala? why didnt apple sue LG or other? Apple sees a strong competition from samsung(in the mobile phone though).

i love apple products for its workmanship and am still loving my iphone4 but dont say apple is not threatened, ko jo!

apple are not threatened - they went to court because of the theft of their intellectual property after sending several warning letters to samsung! they even offered an olive branch to samsung to buy the license to copy but samsung refused to take the offer. in terms of sales and acceptance - there's no competiton. i can agree there's a tasty competiton between android and iOS but there's no competition between samsung phones and the iphone!
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by Nobody: 10:29pm On Sep 24, 2012
A2J:

I no go argue, but put yourself in Apple's shoes, would you look at someone steal all you've worked for and not only steal, try compete with you with it and also make money through it and you'd do nothing about it?
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by mashnino(m): 10:37pm On Sep 24, 2012
Gbyte:
I no go argue, but put yourself in Apple's shoes, would you look at someone steal all you've worked for and not only steal, try compete with you with it and also make money through it and you'd do nothing about it?

steal?

abeg make we hear word..

it's just like mercedes benz suing Toyota for making a car with v6 engine

apple are just set of stingy bastards..

they don't share technology..

they think they are the best but mehn they are not

they are just among the best..

Some of you just argue blindly..
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by mashnino(m): 10:38pm On Sep 24, 2012
coogar:

apple are not threatened - they went to court because of the theft of their intellectual property after sending several warning letters to samsung! they even offered an olive branch to samsung to buy the license to copy but samsung refused to take the offer. in terms of sales and acceptance - there's no competiton. i can agree there's a tasty competiton between android and iOS but there's no competition between samsung phones and the iphone!

na u carry all the letters go give samsung bah?

dey there dey lie to your self
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by mashnino(m): 10:42pm On Sep 24, 2012
texazzpete:

Why post this drivel here when half the world now knows the iPhone 5 crushes the Galaxy S III in most benchmarks?

grin

becos dey re judging from past experience..

we all know back den nobody culd argue with i-phone in-terms of nice phones

with much functionality..

but i don't know y its just so hard for you guys to accept that there is a competition..

just accept and pray for your team to win..

nd i don't think the final result is coming anytime soon
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by coogar: 11:00pm On Sep 24, 2012
mashnino:

na u carry all the letters go give samsung bah?

dey there dey lie to your self

you are allowed to be ignorant but don't embarrass yourself in a public forum!

http://www.thetechstorm.com/2012/08/google-warned-samsung-not-to-copy-the-ipad/
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by mashnino(m): 11:55pm On Sep 24, 2012
coogar:

you are allowed to be ignorant but don't embarrass yourself in a public forum!

http://www.thetechstorm.com/2012/08/google-warned-samsung-not-to-copy-the-ipad/

oooo ignorance?

den u must b in a deep shit..

cos u re arguing ignorantly..
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by taxyflo: 6:15am On Sep 25, 2012
how can I connect a pad to the galaxy plz

Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by 4llerbuntu(m): 9:04am On Sep 25, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by Abrantie: 8:02pm On Sep 25, 2012
4llerbuntu: grin grin grin grin grin

LOL
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by taxyflo: 9:40am On Sep 26, 2012
plz how do u play this games on ur done, and do u have to connect a pad to the fore or what?

Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by BlackBaron: 10:37am On Sep 28, 2012
texazzpete:

Well, I am playing Onlive and its much better than most bar the internet requirement.

taxyflo: plz how do u play this games on ur done, and do u have to connect a pad to the fore or what?

It'll have to be by bluetooth.
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by Ayhor2unde(m): 1:23pm On Sep 28, 2012
And just so you know, 4 years ago when Android started becoming popular Apple owned over 60% of the smartphone market share. Wanna know how much Apple owns now? Around 23%, while Android has reached 59% in just 4 years and is continuing to gain more market share every day because more and more people are switching to Android after realizing what a scam overpriced CrApple products truly are.
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by coogar: 1:35pm On Sep 28, 2012
Ayhor2unde: And just so you know, 4 years ago when Android started becoming popular Apple owned over 60% of the smartphone market share. Wanna know how much Apple owns now? Around 23%, while Android has reached 59% in just 4 years and is continuing to gain more market share every day because more and more people are switching to Android after realizing what a scam overpriced CrApple products truly are.

only the iphone use iOS - there are more phone manufacturers out there using the android so it's idiotic to think there would be more users of iOS than androids - a fair comparison is apple vs samsung or apple vs htc or apple vs lg
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by Abrantie: 10:22pm On Sep 28, 2012
coogar:

only the iphone use iOS - there are more phone manufacturers out there using the android so it's idiotic to think there would be more users of iOS than androids - a fair comparison is apple vs samsung or apple vs htc or apple vs lg

So what's your point? The comparison is between OSes (IOS vs ANDRIOD). Besides, Apple can churn out multiple models of hardware running iOS but instead, they stick to this goddam gay looking Iphone which has barely changed since 2009. Rows of icons is so "colo" (or as we say in Ghana... e be Gold Coast).

If Apple had licensed iOS to other manufacturers then you'd have a valid argument.
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by coogar: 10:52am On Sep 29, 2012
Abrantie:

So what's your point? The comparison is between OSes (IOS vs ANDRIOD). Besides, Apple can churn out multiple models of hardware running iOS but instead, they stick to this goddam gay looking Iphone which has barely changed since 2009. Rows of icons is so "colo" (or as we say in Ghana... e be Gold Coast).

If Apple had licensed iOS to other manufacturers then you'd have a valid argument.

quality vs quantity! android is shyte - the people stuck on it are cavemen! many of them are still using the os that came with their phone since 2010! at least apple's support for their older phones is well documented.....owners of iphone 3gs can run iOS 6 whereas owners of samsung galaxy 3 cannot even dream of running jellybean on their phones!

fandroids are not intelligent - you buy a phone whose os cannot be upgraded or the phone makers delay the os update to force your hands to buy the latest phone so you can enjoy the new os update! i am not surprised there are more android users! iphone 4(2 yrs ago) user might not see the need to buy the iPhone 5 cos he runs the same operating system as iPhone 5 - fandroids don't enjoy such luxuries! to use the jellybean, you must dump your samsung galaxy s3 and buy the google nexus! no os support for older phones!
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by jmaine: 11:43am On Sep 29, 2012
coogar:

quality vs quantity! android is shyte - the people stuck on it are cavemen! many of them are still using the os that came with their phone since 2010! at least apple's support for their older phones is well documented.....owners of iphone 3gs can run iOS 6 whereas owners of samsung galaxy 3 cannot even dream of running jellybean on their phones!

fandroids are not intelligent - you buy a phone whose os cannot be upgraded or the phone makers delay the os update to force your hands to buy the latest phone so you can enjoy the new os update! i am not surprised there are more android users! iphone 4(2 yrs ago) user might not see the need to buy the iPhone 5 cos he runs the same operating system as iPhone 5 - fandroids don't enjoy such luxuries! to use the jellybean, you must dump your samsung galaxy s3 and buy the google nexus! no os support for older phones!

Wrong assertion . . . . .Update for the GS3 to jelly bean has already been activated across selected countries in Europe with reports citing Poland as the first . .

http://www.engadget.com/2012/09/24/jelly-bean-ota-update-for-samsung-galaxy-s-iii/

and there is a new tutorial on how to force an android phone to update over the air if there is any available update . . .So this should solve the impasse of telco carriers notoriously delaying update to their clients . . .

http://techpp.com/2012/09/26/force-android-update/

However. . .The andriod ecosystem need to do more by making it as seamless as the Apple IOS
Re: Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 by opestein: 1:26pm On Sep 29, 2012
texazzpete:

You mean like Samsung showing off S-Voice that's a clone of Siri....that had been available for half a year on iOS? Or Every Android fan going crazy for Jellybean's 60fps smoothness that iOS has had for years?
Or Samsung showing off the Galaxy Note and SGS III's 'retina' pixel density that had been available on the iPhone 4 since 2010?

Everyone is still playing catch up with everyone else grin
no,u are mistaking, every one going crazy for a feature that's has been inn market like the iPhone 5 4.0 inches screen which has been on the galaxy s since 2010...or the 1gigabyte ram which has been on the galaxy s2 since 2011...our u saying the LTE service which Samsung has been using since 2011 on the galaxy s 4G........or is it the swypable and customizable notification bar which has been on the Android 2.3 gingerbread since 2010

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Gionee A1 Plus Specs & Price In Nigeria (Jumia & Slot) 2018 / Twitter, Elon Musk Reach Deal On Buyout For $44bn, Announcement Imminent / Top 8 Apps Designed By Africans For Africans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.