Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:48 AM

iPhone 5 Queues Around The World - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / iPhone 5 Queues Around The World (17035 Views)

iPhone 5 Glued To Ground Prank In Amsterdam / Long Queues For Iphone 5 / Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by kool05(m): 6:34pm On Sep 21, 2012
Those calling Nigerians bb freak.. what you all gonna say abt this.
Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by Afam4eva(m): 6:35pm On Sep 21, 2012
kool_05: Those calling Nigerians bb freak.. what you all gonna say abt this.
The whole world has left Blackberry behind. I don't know why Nigerians are satisfied with carcass.
Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by Nobody: 6:36pm On Sep 21, 2012
Glory to God that a new king is born.

1 Like

Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by Nobody: 6:37pm On Sep 21, 2012
[size=15pt]Damn![/size]
Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by alaoeri: 6:43pm On Sep 21, 2012
Small time they 'll say nigerians are freak about a particular thing, why are all these whites freak about iphone? U go for what u like.
Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by sweetcheecks(f): 6:44pm On Sep 21, 2012
This is true but everyone remember,

AMERICANS ARE JUST CRAZY CONSUMERS THEY BUY WHAT THEY DONT NEED, WITH MONEY THEY DONT HAVE ( CREDIT CARDS) AND THE REST OF THE WORLD JUST FOLLOW THEM!!!

One person in USA can have 23 credit cards just out of university. Now we who use cash must think befor we buy their silly gadgets!!! lipsrsealed
Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by cold(m): 6:51pm On Sep 21, 2012
Hmm..signs of the endtime i guess grin
Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by coogar: 6:52pm On Sep 21, 2012
UNLEASHED: @ OP exactly the same thing at Trafford Centre in Manchester. You need to see people queuing up for iPhone 5 like apple is giving them out for free.

it's always like that for super brands......majority of the guys there aren't even interested in the product, they just want to sell their space or sell the phone to buyers @ the back of the queue. some people are also doing it for charity! the last time i did this was in march 2007 when playstation 3 was launched in the uk - that was even madder than this...
Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by guseman(m): 6:53pm On Sep 21, 2012
na wa oo
Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by guseman(m): 6:56pm On Sep 21, 2012
aw much be the fone?
Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by Nobody: 6:56pm On Sep 21, 2012
Such monkeys. I ordered mine online so it'll be delivered. I could never stand outside for a piece of electronic.
Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by coogar: 6:58pm On Sep 21, 2012
ogugua88: Such monkeys. I ordered mine online so it'll be delivered. I could never stand outside for a piece of electronic.

the point is getting it before ups delivers yours. the guys @ the front of the queue get good bargains. people pay them double the price of one! so they are getting one iPhone free and one for the buyer!
Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by Nobody: 7:00pm On Sep 21, 2012
They get bargains? Like what?
Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by Nobody: 7:05pm On Sep 21, 2012
Na Illuminati lipsrsealed

They've all been mind controlled
Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by drnoel: 7:05pm On Sep 21, 2012
rubbish why not wait a few days and still buy the damm thing. its not like they'd buy it cheaper so why stress myself like that. Abeg, those people that thought they were the first, some people I know got d damm Iphone sent to them d day u people were waiting on d line (respect) cool.
Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by Nobody: 7:06pm On Sep 21, 2012
afam4eva:
The whole world has left Blackberry behind. [size=18pt]I don't know why Nigerians are satisfied with carcass[/size].

Looking at our political officials, it shouldnt be surprising lipsrsealed
Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by chucky234(m): 7:06pm On Sep 21, 2012
Apple sold 2million units of iPhone5 on the first day alone,just sold my iPhone4 this afternoon and waiting for any of those guys on queue to go broke so I can buy the iPhone5 from him at reduced price sharp sharp.
Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by Nobody: 7:09pm On Sep 21, 2012
chucky234: Apple sold 2million units of iPhone5 on the first day alone,just sold my iPhone4 this afternoon and waiting for any of those guys on queue to go broke so I can buy the iPhone5 from at reduced price sharp sharp.

Nothing like an electronic vulture lmao.
Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by coogar: 7:09pm On Sep 21, 2012
ogugua88: They get bargains? Like what?

michael roberts
'I'm always in the top five in the queue which is quite nice. When I first started doing this I was right at the front but I've worked my way down.
'I'm doing this for my own benefit. I'm getting two, keeping one and selling the other one to someone at the back of the queue.
'I've sold my spot in the queue for £900 before and have been offered £500 for my space this time but I can sell a phone to someone at the back for more money.
'I'll make a good amount.
'I don't get bored doing this because I know all the guys and I'm used to it.

peter mitchell
'This is the third time I've done this and although the cold is quite bad I know a lot of people here.
'I'm here for two of my friends - one's paying me £500 and the other £200. I've pre ordered mine already so that'll be sent to my house.
'They've given me the money for the phones so I get the £700 to keep, so when people laugh at you, you're actually laughing back at them because I'm walking away with more than a weeks wages.'

1 Like

Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by Clemzy16(m): 7:09pm On Sep 21, 2012
When i watched it on CNN earlier today i was like wow! You need to see the queues. Even in tokyo, japan. People came out in numbers inside the rain just so they can be one of the first people to buy an iphone 5. Soon, they'll say Nigerians embarrase any imported commodity technology. This iphone 5 has made blackberry valueless in Naija. The ministry is indeed moving to the permanent site. No level for girls with blackberry again..
Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by chucky234(m): 7:10pm On Sep 21, 2012
kool_05: Those calling Nigerians bb freak.. what you all gonna say abt this.
Apple freak,no sorry, na iPhone freak.
Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by icon8: 7:10pm On Sep 21, 2012
You mean that wasn't clear enough for you to understand? Seriously??
Okay, they buy and sell @ double the price (to someone who can't afford to queue and can't wait for the delivery either).
Now, that's the bargain!!! Except you want that translated to Igbo...
ogugua88: They get bargains? Like what?
Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by Nobody: 7:14pm On Sep 21, 2012
coogar: michael roberts
'I'm always in the top five in the queue which is quite nice. When I first started doing this I was right at the front but I've worked my way down.
'I'm doing this for my own benefit. I'm getting two, keeping one and selling the other one to someone at the back of the queue.
'I've sold my spot in the queue for £900 before and have been offered £500 for my space this time but I can sell a phone to someone at the back for more money.

peter mitchell
'This is the third time I've done this and although the cold is quite bad I know a lot of people here.
'I'm here for two of my friends - one's paying me £500 and the other £200. I've pre ordered mine already so that'll be sent to my house.
'They've given me the money for the phones so I get the £700 to keep, so when people laugh at you, you're actually laughing back at them because I'm walking away with more than a weeks wages.'

Some people are stupid then lol. It isn't worth it in my opinion.
Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by chucky234(m): 7:15pm On Sep 21, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Nothing like an electronic vulture lmao.

Which one be electronic vulture again
Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by Nobody: 7:16pm On Sep 21, 2012
icon8: You mean that wasn't clear enough for you to understand? Seriously??
Okay, they buy and sell @ double the price (to someone who can't afford to queue and can't wait for the delivery either).
Now, that's the bargain!!! Except you want that translated to Igbo...

To them that's a bargain. That's not my definition of a bargain fortunately. I see it as a waste of precious time and life. I can spend those two days in queue being productive.

You can calm down now.
Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by coogar: 7:17pm On Sep 21, 2012
ogugua88:
Some people are stupid then lol. It isn't worth it in my opinion.

£700 = $1000 is not worth it? most people don't make that in a week of 8am - 6pm going to work everyday! their food/drink were provided by apple and they just camped there! it's the easiest way of making money!
Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by Nobody: 7:18pm On Sep 21, 2012
coogar:

michael roberts

peter mitchell

Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by chucky234(m): 7:19pm On Sep 21, 2012
Clemzy16: When i watched it on CNN earlier today i was like wow! You need to see the queues. Even in tokyo, japan. People came out in numbers inside the rain just so they can be one of the first people to buy an iphone 5. Soon, they'll say Nigerians embarrase any imported commodity technology. This iphone 5 has made blackberry valueless in Naija. The ministry is indeed moving to the permanent site. No level for girls with blackberry again..
wetin you dey yarn na,so na everybody get 250k to buy iPhone5 for Naija abi.
Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by Nobody: 7:21pm On Sep 21, 2012
Now the iphone 5 prices:

United States
Unlocked iPhone 5 Price: $649 (16GB), $749 (32GB) and $849 (64GB).
With a two-year contract, iphone 5  Price: $199 (16GB), $299 (32GB) and $399 (64GB).

Canada
iPhone 5 Price: C$699 (16GB), C$799 (32GB) and C$899 (64GB).

United Kingdom
iPhone 5 Price: £529 (16GB), £599 (32GB) and £699 (64GB).
Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by icon8: 7:21pm On Sep 21, 2012
coogar:

£700 = $1000 is not worth it? most people don't make that in a week of 8am - 6pm going to work everyday! their food/drink were provided by apple and they just camped there! it's the easiest way of making money!
I really doubt if she makes money!!!
@Ogugua88: hope you aint in Romney's 47%
Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by icon8: 7:23pm On Sep 21, 2012
Really? what exactly do you do, if I may ask?
ogugua88:

To them that's a bargain. That's not my definition of a bargain fortunately. I see it as a waste of precious time and life. I can spend those two days in queue being productive.

You can calm down now.
Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by Nobody: 7:23pm On Sep 21, 2012
I do have a job and make money. That doesn't mean I should be a slave to it. $1000 can come and go in anyone's life.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Add Free Premium Channels On Your Startimes / Xiaomi Users Only: Screenshot Your Home Wallpaper. / What Makes The New Infinix Smart 2 Pro Special?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.