Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,258 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:10 AM

iPhone 5 Queues Around The World - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / iPhone 5 Queues Around The World (17012 Views)

iPhone 5 Glued To Ground Prank In Amsterdam / Long Queues For Iphone 5 / Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by cupid4ig(m): 11:51pm On Sep 21, 2012
coogar:

you are a fucking ignoramus and you are not even clued up about how apple work! the phone just launched this morning and you are claiming it has led people astray? which people? like people don't have their own car navigation system before today? you and gizmodo can have a ménage a trois with lucifer with your idiotic/bogus claims!

you are a baboon! the facebook app that has been integrated with siri is not updated? are you kidding me? abeg - run away now before you pollute this space with your opaks! you clearly dunno what you are talking about!
pls try get ur facts right u are just here defending what u don't know. Apple OS6 map is misleading it everywhere people are complaining. Even on CNN they are saying saying the same thing. Wonder if u have used iphone b4
Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by Nobody: 1:50am On Sep 22, 2012
I have my phone now. I must say, I'm completely in love lol. Now to get all my friends off blackberry...

1 Like

Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by wonlasewonimi: 3:54am On Sep 22, 2012
Coogar, I don't think Apple will survive without Google - Gmail, streetview, youtube, search engine?
Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by MRMICKMEN: 4:18am On Sep 22, 2012
This man doesn't know he's old to start celebrating that he's among the first to buy an iPhone 5 but the people around him are clapping for for him so he is a legend. grin
Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by francis247(m): 5:21am On Sep 22, 2012
*MicroSIM card support
only
*No Flash support in theweb browser
*No true multitasking
for all applications
*FaceTime video calls
work only over Wi-Fi
*No file transfer over
Bluetooth or USB Mass
Storage mode
(independent from
iTunes)
*No FM radio
*No stereo speakers
*No microSD card slot
*Non-user-replaceable
battery
*Siri still a beta, location
services not enabled
outside US
*Stuck with iTunes for
loading content any living soul outside US using an iphone must be living in bondage
Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by na2day(m): 5:43am On Sep 22, 2012

grin grin grin grin grin

No worries, iPhone 6 is right around the corner! grin
Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by Nobody: 5:50am On Sep 22, 2012
na2day!:

grin grin grin grin grin

No worries, iPhone 6 is right around the corner! grin
loool, no be small vexing mehn.
Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by manosteel(m): 6:17am On Sep 22, 2012
I would rather wait for HTC 8X, they are more flexible than apple guys.
Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by chucky234(m): 7:09am On Sep 22, 2012
SimonAndal:
_
Oh my god! I'm an ïdïöt! I've been arguing with a dipshidiot all these while. "Google is losing to iOS 6" rolling on the floor laugh my very well chiseled and magnificent and scrumptiously fruity ärsë off and pissing myself at the same time!!! Dude you're a hoot!
So na now you dey realized say you be I'd:iot,dey there dey argue for NL while Tim Cook and Apple dey make sales.
Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by chucky234(m): 7:13am On Sep 22, 2012
cupid4ig: pls try get ur facts right u are just here defending what u don't know. Apple OS6 map is misleading it everywhere people are complaining. Even on CNN they are saying saying the same thing. Wonder if u have used iphone b4
No mind two of them make dem dey there dey argue,that map wey I get for my 4s wey dey mislead people.
Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by chucky234(m): 7:28am On Sep 22, 2012
SimonAndal: Erm...this iPhone 5 sef, isn't it the one with maps that lead you astray and a screen too big for your apps? Lol. Apple wanted to compete with Android in terms of screen size but they forgot that android is "scalable"! iOS is not!
Now you have to re-download ALL your apps in order to get them to fit the screen. Or if you're unlucky, the apps haven't been updated and you're stuck with a game that plays on half the screen.
Were you living under Olumo rock? iPhone5 screen was only in length and still has the width of the 4s,ask questions before coming out here to display your daftness.
Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by coogar: 8:49am On Sep 22, 2012
wonlasewonimi:
Coogar, I don't think Apple will survive without Google - Gmail, streetview, youtube, search engine?

well, they think they could - immediately i downloaded the iOS 6, the youtube app and the old google map app disappeared. the search engine on safari is still google though but i think apple don't want to be highly dependent on google like they used to be.

cupid4ig: pls try get ur facts right u are just here defending what u don't know. Apple OS6 map is misleading it everywhere people are complaining. Even on CNN they are saying saying the same thing. Wonder if u have used iphone b4

you are a twerp - what do you mean by misleading?

chucky234: No mind two of them make dem dey there dey argue,that map wey I get for my 4s wey dey mislead people.

the map on your 4s is a google map.

3 Likes

Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by LongOne1(m): 9:02am On Sep 22, 2012
ogugua88: I have my phone now. I must say, I'm completely in love lol. Now to get all my friends off blackberry...

Is it any good, what were your first thoughts? I'll pop into an Apple store later to play with one, but want a user's opinion.

After the disappointment with the iPhone 4's initial release, I decided not to be an early adopter for any new Apple product. Also, since I patronize cracked apps, I think I'll wait till 'they' jailbreak iPhone 5 before I get one.
Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by Nobody: 10:10am On Sep 22, 2012
coogar:

even if all the 5 million people who just bough the iphone 5 had idevices before, they would still upgrade their old devices to iOS 6 - which means google have lost users of their maps in leaps and bounds! in the next one month, google would feel the pinch!
_
Uhm...madam simpleton, Google can create a maps app for iOS 6. Or have you forgotten that?
Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by coogar: 10:17am On Sep 22, 2012
SimonAndal: _
Uhm...madam simpleton, Google can create a maps app for iOS 6. Or have you forgotten that?

and you think apple would allow that in their app store? you are a dolt!!! why would apple encourage a direct rival to hinder the growth of their own mapping system? like i reiterate, you don't know how apple works - the closest you have ever been to an apple phone is looking at it on the screen of your old, dusty, compaq desktop!

5 Likes

Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by Nobody: 10:56am On Sep 22, 2012
francis247: *MicroSIM card support
only
*No Flash support in theweb browser
*No true multitasking
for all applications
*FaceTime video calls
work only over Wi-Fi
*No file transfer over
Bluetooth or USB Mass
Storage mode
(independent from
iTunes)
*No FM radio
*No stereo speakers
*No microSD card slot
*Non-user-replaceable
battery
*Siri still a beta, location
services not enabled
outside US
*Stuck with iTunes for
loading content any living soul outside US using an iphone must be living in bondage

Its so obvious you know nothing about iPhone so there is really no point arguing with you, Apple probably have the best battery for smartphones i.e you dont need to replace your battery because it rarely goes bad, why do I need a micro SD card slot when I have atleast 16Gb, and I can decide to get 32GB or 64GB phone? These phone memories are enough for any phone user, the only time you would need more is when you want to have all the movies in the world on your phone, for the stuck in iTunes, no be Apple make iPhone? If you so want to load your phone why must it be from another source when Apple has Itunes? Afterall iTunes is free to download, and iTunes has the biggest market for music, movies, books and apps. But really you can still load your phone with some other software not necessarily iTunes, and for the no stereo speakers, check the pic am attaching
Facetime now works on 3G, you are not up-to-date

3 Likes

Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by texazzpete(m): 11:16am On Sep 22, 2012
It's official now: The iPhone 5 is the most powerful phone in the world grin

https://www.nairaland.com/1055252/iphone-5-most-powerful-phone

3 Likes

Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by OluwadamilareO(m): 12:26pm On Sep 22, 2012
Presently;we see it as madness here in Nigeria and afterwards we also say BB is d low profile and begin the rush 4 iphones.
Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by Nobody: 12:45pm On Sep 22, 2012
texazzpete: It's official now: The iPhone 5 is the most powerful phone in the world grin

https://www.nairaland.com/1055252/iphone-5-most-powerful-phone

Hahaha... On nairaland?!
Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by akwunmi(m): 1:40pm On Sep 22, 2012
All of dis, na apple stunt jor 2 intimidt samsung
Its obvious 4dos wu get sense,so mny online store wey de 2buy,y persn go con cari matras go wher de wnt buy fone,still cari unbrella...all dis drama swit bu na acting oooo....
Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by BossTtdiamonds(m): 2:15pm On Sep 22, 2012
Honestly, tis' thread made my day.. especially the argument btw folks.... Guess I'll hjave to click the follow button anywayz... but wait.. what's gonna happen to my Iphone 4s..... Okay Sold..
Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by KazaaUpload: 3:22pm On Sep 22, 2012
akwunmi: All of dis, na apple stunt jor 2 intimidt samsung
Its obvious 4dos wu get sense,so mny online store wey de 2buy,y persn go con cari matras go wher de wnt buy fone,still cari unbrella...all dis drama swit bu na acting oooo....

You are a bushman. Where online is it available to collect on first day of release? Read he news my friend. It was available online for ordering on Friday last week and TWO MILLION were sld in one day alone. You call it a. Stunt? Yes sure, so Apple paid hundreds of thousands of people p camp outside its stores.
The camera never lies my friend. Every news and media outlet in the world is reporting on it and showing camera shots from every major city, but that's still not enough for you. Go back go inning on your Blackberry device. Was it stunt when the queue was even longer than this for iPad 2, iPad 3 and iPhone 4S?
Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by doofanc: 6:05pm On Sep 22, 2012
insanity truly presents in many ways undecided
Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by Nobody: 6:41pm On Sep 22, 2012
Long One: Is it any good, what were your first thoughts? I'll pop into an Apple store later to play with one, but want a user's opinion.

After the disappointment with the iPhone 4's initial release, I decided not to be an early adopter for any new Apple product. Also, since I patronize cracked apps, I think I'll wait till 'they' jailbreak iPhone 5 before I get one.

Well, it's my first iPhone, so I can't exactly compare it to another phone. So far, it's amazing. I was team Blackberry before. This phone blows my Blackberry Bold out of the water and into outer space. It is so sleek. The metal and plastic finish is luxurious. The pictures do not do it any justice. The elongation and the thinness of the phone are quite noticeable as well. Other people noticed it immediately. I haven't downloaded that many apps, nor have I used maps, which many people were complaining about. So, I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for those.

I'm in love with the charging port. Most people don't like it, which is bound to come with such a big change. It's true that people will have to buy a $30 adapter, and that sucks, but this change was much needed. Other phones have been using the smaller micro-USB for years, while Apple products kept toting the older, wider one. This change was much needed. I even prefer it to micro-USB as the cable it's reversible. There's no wrong way to put in the cable. Plus, when the cable is in, it clicks, so it won't fall out the way micro-USB cables often do.

What I was looking forward to most were the earpods. I'm a music junkie. I heard that Apple spent three years testing prototypes for the new headphones. It was time spent amazingly well. When I first used them, I couldn't believe they came with the phone. They are too good. The sound quality has improved ridiculously. Most importantly? Bass, bass, and bass. You can hear everything. They fit snuggly in the ear too, unlike the old earbuds. Apple headphones went from C+ to A. They sound expensive. They're selling for only $30, which I consider a steal. There are headphones more expensive than these and they don't sound as good.

1 Like

Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by philip0906(m): 7:01pm On Sep 22, 2012
undecided
Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by Nobody: 7:07pm On Sep 22, 2012
ogugua88:

Well, it's my first iPhone, so I can't exactly compare it to another phone. So far, it's amazing. I was team Blackberry before. This phone blows my Blackberry Bold out of the water and into outer space. It is so sleek. The metal and plastic finish is luxurious. The pictures do not do it any justice. The elongation and the thinness of the phone are quite noticeable as well. Other people noticed it immediately. I haven't downloaded that many apps, nor have I used maps, which many people were complaining about. So, I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for those.

I'm in love with the charging port. Most people don't like it, which is bound to come with such a big change. It's true that people will have to buy a $30 adapter, and that sucks, but this change was much needed. Other phones have been using the smaller micro-USB for years, while Apple products kept toting the older, wider one. This change was much needed. I even prefer it to micro-USB as the cable it's reversible. There's no wrong way to put in the cable. Plus, when the cable is in, it clicks, so it won't fall out the way micro-USB cables often do.

What I was looking forward to most were the earpods. I'm a music junkie. I heard that Apple spent three years testing prototypes for the new headphones. It was time spent amazingly well. When I first used them, I couldn't believe they came with the phone. They are too good. The sound quality has improved ridiculously. Most importantly? Bass, bass, and bass. You can hear everything. They fit snuggly in the ear too, unlike the old earbuds. Apple headphones went from C+ to A. They sound expensive. They're selling for only $30, which I consider a steal. There are headphones more expensive than these and they don't sound as good.

Apps you can start with
Facebook
Instagram
Yahoo messenger
Whatsapp
Twitter
Tetris
Monopoly
Bejewelled
Angry birds
Modern combat 2 and 3
Battlefield 2
Grand theft Auto; China town
Need for speed shift

You can try get those apps, am sure you'd even love them the more
Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by KazaaUpload: 8:54pm On Sep 22, 2012
Gbyte:

Apps you can start with
Facebook
Instagram
Yahoo messenger
Whatsapp
Twitter
Tetris
Monopoly
Bejewelled
Angry birds
Modern combat 2 and 3
Battlefield 2
Grand theft Auto; China town
Need for speed shift

You can try get those apps, am sure you'd even love them the more

Good advice. I would also suggest;
Viber (for free calls)
Draw Something
Flipboard
Pulse News
OHBox
My Photos
OneNote (from Microsoft)
Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by Hoodrat(m): 9:41pm On Sep 22, 2012
are they given the iphone 5 for free?
Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by Nobody: 10:12pm On Sep 22, 2012
@Gbyte and @KazaaUpload, thanks for the suggestions!

Two of the first ones I got were "iPhone Secrets" and "Guide for iOS 6" hahaha.
Re: iPhone 5 Queues Around The World by texazzpete(m): 10:35pm On Sep 22, 2012
Hoodrat: are they given the iphone 5 for free?

No, but I'll give you a free copy of Brighter Grammar if you ask nicely.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Blackberry Data Plans That Works On PC, Android And Any Other Device. / How To Add Free Premium Channels On Your Startimes / Tecno H5 Full Specifications And Review

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.