Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,810 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

Poll : Are You A Trinitarian Or ONE GOD Believer - All Welcome To Vote - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Poll : Are You A Trinitarian Or ONE GOD Believer - All Welcome To Vote (9703 Views)

A TRINITARIAN Should Explain This Scripture .... / Trinitarian Disrespect For God / Put Your Hard Questions For Trinitarian Theologians Enigma , Goshen & Company (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Poll : Are You A Trinitarian Or ONE GOD Believer - All Welcome To Vote by ijawkid(m): 11:04pm On Sep 26, 2012
debosky:

It is under dispute by ijawkid - did Moses do exactly the same thing as what Jesus did as saviour? That is the question here. You may claim I am 'twisting' words here, but I am not - I have simply quoted what Ijawkid has said.

Simple yes or not to the above question will suffice.

It seems u forgot when I told you that Jesus's assignment is one that is done on a greater scale....

You had a problem with the title saviour so I had to make it clear to you that despite the fact that other saviours had been chosen in d past,it doesn't negate Yahweh being the saviour of all.....didn't I tell u exactly what I just wrote??

My final point was that all the agents Yahweh used including Jesus @ one point in time or the other were chosen and appointed by Yahweh....

None,I repeat none assumed that post on there own or with there own power...

Yahweh always does the choosing and the anointing.....

If u can't understand this basic truth then I don't know what to tell u anymore....

I gave u the example of aaron and Jesus(who are both high priests,but Jesus's assignment weightier)...

I even quoted hebrews 5:4 $ 5

4 And no one takes this
honor on himself, but he receives it when
called by God, just as Aaron was.
5 In the same way, Christ did not take on
himself the glory of becoming a high priest.
But God said to him,
“You are my Son;
today I have become your Father.”

Jesus assignment is weightier and ofcus he is greater than all the other saviours Yahweh had chosen in the past....but Yahweh is greater than all of them(including Jesus).....

Yahweh does the choosing....

Do u get it mr trinitarian??.....

Yahweh is greater than Jesus,Jesus is greater than man.....

Yahweh appointed Jesus as saviour...if Yahweh didn't,Jesus wouldn't be....

If u forget this principle always go back to 1 corinthians 11:3.....
Re: Poll : Are You A Trinitarian Or ONE GOD Believer - All Welcome To Vote by Enigma(m): 11:08pm On Sep 26, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Poor Frosbel. Please tell me that it isn't just now that you're realizing how utterly out of your depths you are in this discussion. You batted way out of your league attacking the Trinity. That's why you keep foundering, dude. But of course you won't quit punishing yourself, will you?

Well, honestly the below is not meant as punishment for my friend frosbel, honestly. Well hmmm, maybe . . .

In any event, I'd like to put the passages together for his further consideration. (I am using NIV which I think he said he preferred) smiley

Revelation 22 smiley

6 The angel said to me, "These words are trustworthy and true. The Lord, the God of the spirits of the prophets, sent his angel to show his servants the things that must soon take place."

12 “Behold, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done. 13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

14 “Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of life and may go through the gates into the city. 15Outside are the dogs, those who practice magic arts, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters and everyone who loves and practices falsehood.

16 “I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star.”

smiley
Re: Poll : Are You A Trinitarian Or ONE GOD Believer - All Welcome To Vote by ijawkid(m): 11:10pm On Sep 26, 2012
debosky:

I don't know whether the ability to comprehend posts is now optional. undecided

This is what ijawkid said:

If it is the EXACTLY THE SAME thing but on a grander scale, then Moses provided eternal life just as Jesus did, but Jesus provided it to more people.

Ur just too stubborn debosky....

If I said on a grander scale didn't it mean Jesus's assignment encompassed the whole world....

Wether great or small Yahweh appointed them all as saviours....

U keep running from truth...it will keep hunting you....

The title saviour has been explained but u keep moving in circles.....

Or is the title ""saviour"" so hard for u to understand??
Re: Poll : Are You A Trinitarian Or ONE GOD Believer - All Welcome To Vote by Nobody: 11:13pm On Sep 26, 2012
Re: Poll : Are You A Trinitarian Or ONE GOD Believer - All Welcome To Vote by Nobody: 11:14pm On Sep 26, 2012
ijawkid:

It seems u forgot when I told you that Jesus's assignment is one that is done on a greater scale....

You had a problem with the title saviour so I had to make it clear to you that despite the fact that other saviours had been chosen in d past,it doesn't negate Yahweh being the saviour of all.....didn't I tell u exactly what I just wrote??

My final point was that all the agents Yahweh used including Jesus @ one point in time or the other were chosen and appointed by Yahweh....

None,I repeat none assumed that post on there own or with there own power...

Yahweh always does the choosing and the anointing.....

If u can't understand this basic truth then I don't know what to tell u anymore....

I gave u the example of aaron and Jesus(who are both high priests,but Jesus's assignment weightier)...

I even quoted hebrews 5:4 $ 5

4 And no one takes this
honor on himself, but he receives it when
called by God, just as Aaron was.
5 In the same way, Christ did not take on
himself the glory of becoming a high priest.
But God said to him,
“You are my Son;
today I have become your Father.”

Jesus assignment is weightier and ofcus he is greater than all the other saviours Yahweh had chosen in the past....but Yahweh is greater than all of them(including Jesus).....

Yahweh does the choosing....

Do u get it mr trinitarian??.....

Yahweh is greater than Jesus,Jesus is greater than man.....

Yahweh appointed Jesus as saviour...if Yahweh didn't,Jesus wouldn't be....

If u forget this principle always go back to 1 corinthians 11:3.....

lol.... You know why I keep reading? It's because you guys are comical and because my brothers are seriously educating me.

You say there is one God and no trinity, then to prove it, you show us how there are myriad gods of which Yahweh and Jesus are two. The difference is simply that Yahweh is Almighty, Jesus is Mighty and the other gods are.........

Ok. You quote the Scripture say that there is only one Savior and it is Yahweh then you begin to make a case for a host of saviors of which Jesus is an excelling one.

You accuse holders of the Trinity of attempting to rewrite the Bible and proceed to "correct" every bit of Scripture that pokes huge holes in your ridiculous arguments.

Shall I go on? You guys are incredibly confused. And all because you cannot accept a God that does not fit into your finite imagination. Too bad, man, too bad.

I like the entertainment though. Please don't stop. grin
Re: Poll : Are You A Trinitarian Or ONE GOD Believer - All Welcome To Vote by ijawkid(m): 11:17pm On Sep 26, 2012
@debosky....I just need to know one thing from you....

Its obvious you are obstinate even when the truth is standing in front of you.....

Let me ask::::

Is Yahweh greater than Jesus??

Because we can't keep arguing forever......

1 Like

Re: Poll : Are You A Trinitarian Or ONE GOD Believer - All Welcome To Vote by Nobody: 11:18pm On Sep 26, 2012
Quote from a Brother in Christ

The "trinity" is an insult to Jesus. That is how it destroys, at least in the mind, the Divine Plan's all encompassing doctrine of the Ransom. That is wHy the "trinity" is not only an impossibility, but is a poisonous philosophy contrary to the Bible Plan of Redemption of mankind. It robs the Father of His sovereignty and uniquness as sole Creator and God alone. [II Kings 19:15] It robs Him of His Fatherhood. [Matt 6:9] It brings Him down from heaven, from where He is, outside His own Creation.

It robs Jesus as well. It robs him of his sonship. It robs him of his role as our "High Priest." A priest ministers unto God. "For every High Priest taken from among men is ordained for men in things pertaining to God....so also Christ glorified not himself to be made an high priest; but He that said unto him, 'thou art my son, to day have I begotten thee." [Hebrews 5:1-5] Thusly, it also robs him of the success of his mission on earth, which not only was the redemption of all mankind, but as stated in the verse, and repeated so many times by our Lord Jesus, his mission was to glorify HIS God. [John 21:19] And obviously, since Jesus HAS a God, [Matthew 27:46] he cannot also BE that God, and so it robs him of his role of servant, ever subject to his God. [I Cor 15:24-28]

It also robs the Bible of its force, destroying the beautiful archetypical pictures of the Heavenly Father and His only-begotten Son, such as Pharaoah and Joseph, [Genesis 41:41-44] Abraham and Isaac, [Genesis 22:2] and Moses and Aaron, [Exodus 7:1] to name a few.

And finally, it robs us, of our opportunity to know the True God, and the true Jesus whom He sent. [John 17:3] And most devastatingly, (if it were true), it would rob us of our opportunity to live again, by denying the "Ransom," putting an un-dieable "God on the cross" in place of our Redeemer, our REAL "corresponding price" for Adam, "the MAN Christ Jesus," who alone perfectly balanced the scales of Divine Justice, to the satisfaction of the Creator, his and ours. [John 20:17]
Re: Poll : Are You A Trinitarian Or ONE GOD Believer - All Welcome To Vote by Nobody: 11:19pm On Sep 26, 2012
Enigma:

Well, honestly the below is not meant as punishment for my friend frosbel, honestly. Well hmmm, maybe . . .

In any event, I'd like to put the passages together for his further consideration. (I am using NIV which I think he said he preferred) smiley

Revelation 22 smiley

smiley

lol @bolded. Badt guy ni grin
Re: Poll : Are You A Trinitarian Or ONE GOD Believer - All Welcome To Vote by ijawkid(m): 11:23pm On Sep 26, 2012
Ihedinobi:

lol.... You know why I keep reading? It's because you guys are comical and because my brothers are seriously educating me.

You say there is one God and no trinity, then to prove it, you show us how there are myriad gods of which Yahweh and Jesus are two. The difference is simply that Yahweh is Almighty, Jesus is Mighty and the other gods are.........

Ok. You quote the Scripture say that there is only one Savior and it is Yahweh then you begin to make a case for a host of saviors of which Jesus is an excelling one.

You accuse holders of the Trinity of attempting to rewrite the Bible and proceed to "correct" every bit of Scripture that pokes huge holes in your ridiculous arguments.

Shall I go on? You guys are incredibly confused. And all because you cannot accept a God that does not fit into your finite imagination. Too bad, man, too bad.

I like the entertainment though. Please don't stop. grin

Ihedinobi you guys are the ones confused with the triology.....

I wonder what happens when Jesus finally hands over the kingdom to his God and Father.,when Yahweh will be everything....

1 corinthains 15:28

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
But when God puts everything under Christ's
authority, the Son will put himself under God's
authority, since God had put everything under
the Son's authority. Then God will be in
control of everything.

Yahweh is the saviour of all(including his only begotten son) who would be made subject to Him...

Yahweh will be in control of everything........

You guys really have to read your bibles...

Yahweh is the end point of everything....

All Jesus came to do,all the assignments he handled were to the glory of Yahweh...

The trinity won't let u guys see plain truths....

Instead you prefer ambiguos doctrines...pagan for that matter...keep laughing...

Na me u dey do??
Re: Poll : Are You A Trinitarian Or ONE GOD Believer - All Welcome To Vote by Nobody: 11:27pm On Sep 26, 2012
Ihedinobi:

lol @bolded. Badt guy ni grin

As someone remarked in another post where you were hanging on to the coattails of Mr. Annoy , You are incapable of original thought.

Be careful before you are considered a clown in this enviroment.

Night !
Re: Poll : Are You A Trinitarian Or ONE GOD Believer - All Welcome To Vote by Goshen360(m): 11:34pm On Sep 26, 2012
When Adam was confronted with his sin, he immediately passed the blame onto the woman, who immediately passed the blame onto the serpent. Yet, when the Serpent (Satan) was confronted with his sin, he offered no excuse. The closer you are to truth (i.e., God) the less you can make excuses. Satan, though not right with God, does walk in the very presence of God (Job 1:6-7). Because he walks in the very presence of such great light, there is nowhere to hide the truth and thus pass the buck.

If, as creatures of choice, we allow Satan to beguile us (as he did Eve - II Cor 11:3) into trying to invent some kind of happiness for ourselves apart from God, we will find ourselves (as did Adam and Eve - Gen 3) unhappy and without God. We know snakes don’t eat dust; they eat rodents, other reptiles, and insects. Skeptics and infidels, however, love to use this verse to point out the “discrepancies” of the Scriptures. “Dust thou shall eat” is simply a pun. It’s another way of saying that snakes are built low to the ground. It’s like saying, “She’s cute as a button.” We know people aren’t buttons. It’s just a play on words.

What’s amazing is how much time and effort skeptics and infidels actually waste trying to prove the Scriptures inaccurately. If something is or isn’t true and it doesn’t affect eternity, why waste precious time fighting it?
Re: Poll : Are You A Trinitarian Or ONE GOD Believer - All Welcome To Vote by Enigma(m): 11:37pm On Sep 26, 2012
frosbel:

As someone remarked in another post where you were hanging on to the coattails of Mr. Annoy , You are incapable of original thought.

Night !

But we all joke around some times and you have done a lot of that yourself! And I don't think he has said/done anything to you that you haven't done to him or at least one of your challengers on this thread and on related threads!

Sleep well, anyhow.

As it says somewhere in the good book ---- "dwell on these things . . . ." smiley

cool
Re: Poll : Are You A Trinitarian Or ONE GOD Believer - All Welcome To Vote by Nobody: 11:37pm On Sep 26, 2012
frosbel:

Night !

Don't keep trying to convince yourself that what you consider me to be costs me thought at all. It doesn't, dude. I really couldn't care less if you thought I was a rampaging maniac or an annoying retard. I am me, not what Frosbel thinks I am cheesy

And unlike you, I've got very intelligent and growing brothers. Sometimes they speak so well that the best I can do is shut up and listen. You keep trying to get me to speak, Frosbel. You want another beating up? We've squared off against each other before and I wasn't even an aggressor then. You proved then that you are very slow in thought. You are in search of notoriety. I don't care for that. But back when we faced each other, Frosbel, wet behind the ears as I was, you still foundered just as you're doing here and now. Your best comebacks were "you're using human knowledge and not quoting scripture", remember?

I'm not gonna join the fray just cos you want it. I love the sidelines. They're great positions for education. smiley

cool
Re: Poll : Are You A Trinitarian Or ONE GOD Believer - All Welcome To Vote by Nobody: 11:38pm On Sep 26, 2012
frosbel:

Night !

Don't keep trying to convince yourself that what you consider me to be costs me thought at all. It doesn't, dude. I really couldn't care less if you thought I was a rampaging maniac or an annoying retard. I am me, not what Frosbel thinks I am cheesy

And unlike you, I've got very intelligent and growing brothers. Sometimes they speak so well that the best I can do is shut up and listen. You keep trying to get me to speak, Frosbel. You want another beating up? We've squared off against each other before and I wasn't even an aggressor then. You proved then that you are very slow in thought. You are in search of notoriety. I don't care for that. But back when we faced each other, Frosbel, wet behind the ears as I was, you still foundered just as you're doing here and now. Your best comebacks were "you're using human knowledge and not quoting scripture", remember?

I'm not gonna join the fray just cos you want it. I love the sidelines. They're great positions for education. smiley

cool
Re: Poll : Are You A Trinitarian Or ONE GOD Believer - All Welcome To Vote by Nobody: 11:42pm On Sep 26, 2012
Ihedinobi:

cool

I repeat , you are incapable of original thought.
Re: Poll : Are You A Trinitarian Or ONE GOD Believer - All Welcome To Vote by Goshen360(m): 11:46pm On Sep 26, 2012
New Living Translation (©2007)
For we cannot oppose the truth, but must always stand for the truth. 2 Corinthians 13:8.

And the truth remains.....God is God, Jesus Christ is God and the Holy Spirit is God. This is the bible truth.
Re: Poll : Are You A Trinitarian Or ONE GOD Believer - All Welcome To Vote by Nobody: 11:49pm On Sep 26, 2012
frosbel:

lol...... Ok. smiley
Re: Poll : Are You A Trinitarian Or ONE GOD Believer - All Welcome To Vote by Goshen360(m): 11:49pm On Sep 26, 2012
New International Version (©1984)
For we cannot do anything against the truth, but only for the truth. 2 Corinthians 13:8

Fight it from night till dawn......we cannot do anything AGAINST the truth.....una well done!
Re: Poll : Are You A Trinitarian Or ONE GOD Believer - All Welcome To Vote by ijawkid(m): 11:54pm On Sep 26, 2012
Goshen360: New International Version (©1984)
For we cannot do anything against the truth, but only for the truth. 2 Corinthians 13:8

Fight it from night till dawn......we cannot do anything AGAINST the truth.....una well done!

My brother.....how far??

Where u go since??....

Welcome bro.....how things??
Re: Poll : Are You A Trinitarian Or ONE GOD Believer - All Welcome To Vote by ijawkid(m): 11:58pm On Sep 26, 2012
Goshen360: New Living Translation (©2007)
For we cannot oppose the truth, but must always stand for the truth. 2 Corinthians 13:8.

And the truth remains.....God is God, Jesus Christ is God and the Holy Spirit is God. This is the bible truth.

Sorry o my brother...

Which of them is the almighty??

Are they all co-eaual??isn't 1 greater than the other??

Because na d wahala wey dey here since....

Bible say Yahweh na almighty,trinitarians say na lie na Jesus....Jesus use him own mouth say I be servant of Yahweh,trinitarians say na lie na him be God gan gan.....

Them argue so tay them forget to add the holy spirit as almighty....

I feel the holy spirit(if its a person) is always been cheated when it comes to this trinity wahala........
Re: Poll : Are You A Trinitarian Or ONE GOD Believer - All Welcome To Vote by Goshen360(m): 12:05am On Sep 27, 2012
ijawkid:

My brother.....how far??

Where u go since??....

Welcome bro.....how things??

I dey my dearest brother. Unfortunately, I am not part of this anymore. I do not have problem when the bible calls Jesus Christ, God likewise the Father and the Holy Spirit. Hence I decided not to get involve in all this debate going in circle. I have told you in the past, Trinity or no Trinity, we remain one in Christ. If the bible calls the Father, God; Jesus Christ, God and the Holy Spirit, God; why should it bother us? I take the bible as God's word and stand by that. If it is because of the word "Trinity" that is not found in the bible that you guys try to fight it, then that is your choice. I can't hold it against you. I will send you an email tonight my brother. You take care and God bless you.
Re: Poll : Are You A Trinitarian Or ONE GOD Believer - All Welcome To Vote by Goshen360(m): 12:09am On Sep 27, 2012
ijawkid:

Sorry o my brother...

Which of them is the almighty??

Are they all co-eaual??isn't 1 greater than the other??

Because na d wahala wey dey here since....

Bible say Yahweh na almighty,trinitarians say na lie na Jesus....Jesus use him own mouth say I be servant of Yahweh,trinitarians say na lie na him be God gan gan.....

Them argue so tay them forget to add the holy spirit as almighty....

I feel the holy spirit(if its a person) is always been cheated when it comes to this trinity wahala........

grin grin grin. No be small thing oo my brother. Now I understand the wahala clearly......we need to study more my brother. I will email you or you try and email me. Thanks
Re: Poll : Are You A Trinitarian Or ONE GOD Believer - All Welcome To Vote by Nobody: 12:09am On Sep 27, 2012
Goshen360: New International Version (©1984)

What Truth , you mean the farce of the Pagan Trinity grin
Re: Poll : Are You A Trinitarian Or ONE GOD Believer - All Welcome To Vote by Goshen360(m): 12:13am On Sep 27, 2012
frosbel:

What Truth , you mean the farce of the Pagan Trinity grin

My dearest brother. I will NEVER continue this debate with you. Like I said in my comment above, If the bible calls the Father God, Jesus, God and the Holy Spirit God.....I don't think I have problem with that sir. If it is the word "Trinity" that doesn't appear in the bible, that's fine but for me to fight against bible truth, I will NEVER do it.
Re: Poll : Are You A Trinitarian Or ONE GOD Believer - All Welcome To Vote by ijawkid(m): 12:17am On Sep 27, 2012
@all trinitarians....

All my efforts put in on this forum is to agree with Jesus's stern and clear words when he said ::: The Father (Yahweh) is greater than I am(Jesus)...

And that Jesus has A GOD over Him....

That's my job here.....

That's all I wanna prove on this forum till thy kingdom come.....

If many persons will blind fold there eyes to accept this truth,then I think the trinity has really done so much harm to many....

1 Like

Re: Poll : Are You A Trinitarian Or ONE GOD Believer - All Welcome To Vote by Nobody: 12:21am On Sep 27, 2012
frosbel:

WELL DAYUMMMMMMMMMMM shocked
Re: Poll : Are You A Trinitarian Or ONE GOD Believer - All Welcome To Vote by aletheia(m): 12:32am On Sep 27, 2012
truthislight:
Imagine! You that dont want people to be deceived have quoted a language that they cant read!
How deceitful you are!

Those that are expert in the greek language have gone through that scripture over and over and did come to the conclussion that the kjv is in error and decided what is right, but it is those that cant cant speak greek that u have brought it to again.
Do they speak Greek or they speak 1. English, 2. Hausa, 3. Igbo, 4. Yoruba.

Still the old same deceit.
The KJV is in error based on what evidence?

The text I quoted; was it the KJV or was it the TR Greek text?

Your New World Translation that you use was written originally in English, right?

Are you challenged in some way? What do those numbers I appended after the Greek words mean? Those are the dictionary entries for the words themselves in order that anyone and I mean anyone who is sincere about verifying what I wrote can look up the meanings for themselves.

Clearly you are mentally lazy. . .which is why you prefer cut-and-paste jobs. I repeat: take time off and engage in disciplined Bible study.

frosbel:
A copy and paste Job with the intention of appearing a step above the rest intellectually grin grin
Hehehe. Clearly the "cut-and-paste" jibes are getting to you. In any case, if you weren't so lazy mentally you could easily verify all that I had written in respect of the Textus Receptus Greek text and your Roman Catholic Church favored Westcort-Hott versions. My what a hypocrite you are! It turns out that the Bible translations you prefer are based off of manuscripts sponsored by Constantine and kept by the Roman Catholic Church.

I challenge you to show that everything I wrote in that post is a cut-and-paste job or be shown to be a liar.
Re: Poll : Are You A Trinitarian Or ONE GOD Believer - All Welcome To Vote by truthislight: 7:50am On Sep 27, 2012
debosky:

I don't know whether the ability to comprehend posts is now optional. undecided

This is what ijawkid said:

If it is the EXACTLY THE SAME thing but on a grander scale, then Moses provided eternal life just as Jesus did, but Jesus provided it to more people.

seeing the word "grander" seems to be optional to you.
Re: Poll : Are You A Trinitarian Or ONE GOD Believer - All Welcome To Vote by truthislight: 8:01am On Sep 27, 2012
debosky:

It is under dispute by ijawkid - did Moses do exactly the same thing as what Jesus did as saviour? That is the question here. You may claim I am 'twisting' words here, but I am not - I have simply quoted what Ijawkid has said.

Simple yes or not to the above question will suffice.

hanging on to "straws".

the point is that their are many "saviour" at different levels, on this note, Jesus christ is a greater saviour, if their are many "saviour", why cant Yahweh the Initiator of salvation not qualify for the title saviour?
Re: Poll : Are You A Trinitarian Or ONE GOD Believer - All Welcome To Vote by truthislight: 8:07am On Sep 27, 2012
debosky:

I did read it, did you state how many 'firsts and lasts' there were in scripture?

More importantly, I have shown that, in the OT, the term first and last referred to Jehovah alone - so why is that term suddenly different in Revelations?

is first and the last a "name" as in exclusive or it is contextual?
Re: Poll : Are You A Trinitarian Or ONE GOD Believer - All Welcome To Vote by Nobody: 9:06am On Sep 27, 2012
aletheia:

Hehehe. Clearly the "cut-and-paste" jibes are getting to you. In any case, if you weren't so lazy mentally you could easily verify all that I had written in respect of the Textus Receptus Greek text and your Roman Catholic Church favored Westcort-Hott versions. My what a hypocrite you are! It turns out that the Bible translations you prefer are based off of manuscripts sponsored by Constantine and kept by the Roman Catholic Church.

I challenge you to show that everything I wrote in that post is a cut-and-paste job or be shown to be a liar.

Some of us have Jobs you know grin

Surely you do not expect me to verify every copy and paste statement you make here.

I will respond to your other point later on.
Re: Poll : Are You A Trinitarian Or ONE GOD Believer - All Welcome To Vote by Enigma(m): 10:18am On Sep 27, 2012
Goshen360:

My dearest brother. I will NEVER continue this debate with you. Like I said in my comment above, If the bible calls the Father God, Jesus, God and the Holy Spirit God.....I don't think I have problem with that sir. If it is the word "Trinity" that doesn't appear in the bible, that's fine but for me to fight against bible truth, I will NEVER do it.

This is a very interesting point. I also tried to make this point in a different way when I did a thread called "The Trinity --- A Simple Test" https://www.nairaland.com/872248/trinity-simple-test

The opening post of that thread asked the following questions:

1. Do you believe that God is ONE?

2. Do you believe that The Father is God?

3. Do you believe that Jesus Christ is God?

4. Do you believe that the Holy Spirit is God?

I am now very convinced that these are the central questions that should always be put in the forefront. For a start, most people do not really know/understand the Nicene-Constantinople Trinity formulations considering that the details (especially on 'consubstantiality') can appear complex and technical.

Also, sticking to what can readily be seen in the Bible itself has the advantage of simplicity and hopefully greater "believability".

So, even I am willing to dwell less on the word "trinity" (and have always tried not to go into the Nicene complexities on this Board); as both Goshen and that my old thread suggested, if the fact that the word "trinity" is not in the Bible is a stumbling block, I am happy to focus only on what the Bible says.

OK then for frosbel especially, the Bible says the following, please now try and deal with it. wink

Revelation 22 smiley

6 The angel said to me, "These words are trustworthy and true. The Lord, the God of the spirits of the prophets, sent his angel to show his servants the things that must soon take place."

12 “Behold, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done. 13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

14 “Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of life and may go through the gates into the city. 15Outside are the dogs, those who practice magic arts, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters and everyone who loves and practices falsehood.

16 “I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star.”

cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

The Prayer That Repairs Your Body - Joseph Prince / Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? / What's Your Favorite Bible Verse(s) ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.