Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,709 members, 7,813,340 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:04 AM

To All The Atheists - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / To All The Atheists (15855 Views)

The Atheists Test / The Best Of The Atheists In Nairaland So Far / What Percentage Of The World's Population Does The Atheists Constitute? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To All The Atheists by MrAnony1(m): 6:15am On Sep 24, 2012
wiegraf: Anony, answer me...
I thought you were asking someone else.
.....I don't know of any sky-tyrants. If you are going to lace your questions with spite, then you don't deserve an answer.
Re: To All The Atheists by MacDaddy01: 6:29am On Sep 24, 2012
Mr_Anony:

.....I don't know of any sky-tyrants. If you are going to lace your questions with spite, then you don't deserve an answer.

Denial!

You know this sky tyrant!

Dont hold ridiculous beliefs if you dont want to be ridiculed

1 Like

Re: To All The Atheists by cyrexx: 6:32am On Sep 24, 2012
Mr_Anony:

Masterful dodger doing his thing again as usual.

Interesting.
Re: To All The Atheists by MrAnony1(m): 6:49am On Sep 24, 2012
cyrexx:

Masterful dodger doing his thing again as usual.

Interesting.
Really?
Re: To All The Atheists by MrAnony1(m): 6:53am On Sep 24, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Denial!

You know this sky tyrant!

Dont hold ridiculous beliefs if you dont want to be ridiculed
Of course.......typical macdaddy argument: "I think it is absurd therefore it is absurd". As I said, when you learn to use logic, come around and we'll chat.
Re: To All The Atheists by MacDaddy01: 7:00am On Sep 24, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Of course.......typical macdaddy argument: "I think it is absurd therefore it is absurd". As I said, when you learn to use logic, come around and we'll chat.

See this dishonest fellow.

Ridiculous;

The christian argument that their God is morally upright when the same god regulated and supported slavery in the old testament.

How is my argument that such is absurd illogical?

Everyone can see that you're a dishonest dodger. cool

Your time has come, Anony.

1 Like

Re: To All The Atheists by MrAnony1(m): 7:45am On Sep 24, 2012
MacDaddy01:

See this dishonest fellow.

Ridiculous;

The christian argument that their God is morally upright when the same god regulated and supported slavery in the old testament.

How is my argument that such is absurd illogical?

Everyone can see that you're a dishonest dodger. cool

Your time has come, Anony.

Lol, I must really be a burden for you on this forum.... Anyway as I said, when you are ready to follow an argument in logical steps then we will have something to talk about. If your idea of a debate is who can mock the other best, then you have a long way to go.

So far your arguments have only come in this form: "I find X absurd therefore it is absurd". . . . . .and when it has been pointed out to you, your response is "How is X not absurd?" You still have a long way to go my friend.
Re: To All The Atheists by wiegraf: 7:46am On Sep 24, 2012
Mr_Anony:

Drop the silly indignation. I should be pissed, especially as you seem to have multiple personality disorder or something similar. Say one thing in one thread, shift to another or even stay in the same one, say the reverse of what you stated earlier, or conveniently forget that you made the statement. ALL.THE.TIME. After all that you accuse me of being dishonest, seemingly without any compunction.(To be fair, I had better things to do, and should have been doing them). I'll give your imaginary friend respect when I deem the concept worthy of respect. As it stands now, it's evil personified. Yes it doesn't exist, but the concept represents a lot of nefarious, insidious $hit, certainly not worthy of respect. I've been toning down the language I use to describe sky-tyrant mostly out of respect for you, no need to do that anymore.
Btw, butthurt for god? I can see why you relate with our piss loving brothers and their shenanigans
When you do find honesty, please answer the questions if you will good ser.
Re: To All The Atheists by MrAnony1(m): 7:54am On Sep 24, 2012
wiegraf:

Drop the silly indignation. I should be pissed, especially as you seem to have multiple personality disorder or something similar. Say one thing in one thread, shift to another or even stay in the same one, say the reverse of what you stated earlier, or conveniently forget that you made the statement. ALL.THE.TIME. After all that you accuse me of being dishonest, seemingly without any compunction.(To be fair, I had better things to do, and should have been doing them). I'll give your imaginary friend respect when I deem the concept worthy of respect. As it stands now, it's evil personified. Yes it doesn't exist, but the concept represents a lot of nefarious, insidious $hit, certainly not worthy of respect. I've been toning down the language I use to describe sky-tyrant mostly out of respect for you, no need to do that anymore.
Btw, butthurt for god? I can see why you relate with our piss loving brothers and their shenanigans
When you do find honesty, please answer the questions if you will good ser.
Lolololol, someone is pissed......Your question still doesn't deserve an answer (and wrongfully accusing me of dishonesty won't help you). Go deal with your problems then come back when you are ready to have a civil discussion.
Re: To All The Atheists by MacDaddy01: 7:59am On Sep 24, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Lol, I must really be a burden for you on this forum.... Anyway as I said, when you are ready to follow an argument in logical steps then we will have something to talk about. If your idea of a debate is who can mock the other best, then you have a long way to go.

So far your arguments have only come in this form: "I find X absurd therefore it is absurd". . . . . .and when it has been pointed out to you, your response is "How is X not absurd?" You still have a long way to go my friend.

Your tactics are getting old

wiegraf:

Drop the silly indignation. I should be pissed, especially as you seem to have multiple personality disorder or something similar. Say one thing in one thread, shift to another or even stay in the same one, say the reverse of what you stated earlier, or conveniently forget that you made the statement. ALL.THE.TIME. After all that you accuse me of being dishonest, seemingly without any compunction.
Re: To All The Atheists by MrAnony1(m): 8:03am On Sep 24, 2012
MacDaddy01:
Your tactics are getting old
Lololol............the itch in your backside must be getting more intense.

You are really obsessed with me aren't you?
Re: To All The Atheists by wiegraf: 8:11am On Sep 24, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Lolololol, someone is pissed......Your question still doesn't deserve an answer (and wrongfully accusing me of dishonesty won't help you). Go deal with your problems then come back when you are ready to have a civil discussion.

I'm usually pissed, nothing new. But you mean go deal with your issues then come back so you can bull$hit around some more. Dealing with my issues would probably take forever, so let's move on. And you are dishonest.

Do you have answers good ser? Let's start with is the official xtian tyrant, or god if you prefer, all 3 omnixxx? Note, I could care less about anonyverse god
Re: To All The Atheists by Nobody: 8:12am On Sep 24, 2012
wiegraf: Do you believe in zeus, odin, the buddha (not a god actually), santa etc? It's the same thing for us and any god, yours included.

Random rant
Your confusion works in the same way for us. How do you know there is a god? Especially one described by most religions on this planet. The definitions are particularly flawed, ridiculous, and they are not backed up by any evidence. In many cases they are morally objectionable by modern moral standards, especially the admired western ones. They make claims that are demonstrably wrong as well. Chances are if you weren't indoctrinated you wouldn't believe your religions doctrines, at all. Very few of you would choose the religion of your birth, many won't even accept the existence of a god(s), if you weren't indoctrinated in it or it wasn't what your parents believed.

Let me waste a little more time here and show you why many of us may seem pissed with you guys. Note this carefully, we aren't the ones making claims here, you are. You claim there is a god, ok, no probs. Most of us really don't care, whatever rocks your boat. However, do you want us to bend over for you because it displeases your god? Most atheist reactions are like this, are you f*****g crazy? How f******g arrogant. You are the one claiming there is a god, at least provide some objectively verifiable evidence before you make any demands from us. I wouldn't show up at your house and demand you wash my feet everyday at 5pm sharp, make sure my noodles are warm, paid your tithes as my god Pikkiwoki needs it to do his work (despite his being omnipotent), etc etc. The onus would be on me to prove Pikkiwoki was real (and he is) before I can make any demands, no? Else I'd be infringing on your rights. I'll take it further, even if your god did exist, if you forced me to comply you would still be infringing on my rights.

So, before you ask atheists (and the others certainly know how to better manage their time than me) to explain themselves (the gall of you asking sef is amazing me), I would suggest you provide evidence for your god(s).

This is one solid write up i admire. These people who claim there is a God somewhere watching over and protecting them have no practical evidence to prove there is any supernatural being that exist in some other universe unknown to man. They rely on faith to communicate with their imaginary god and justify their claims with a book written by mere men to bring other and instill fear in the heart of the populace. Please people should stop being so ignorant and hypocritical and accept the fact that we live in this world so randomly and their's nothing watching over us as any acclaim god is imaginary and the book backing his whole existence is mythical. End of story.
Re: To All The Atheists by Nobody: 8:16am On Sep 24, 2012
Dudugirl01: Each time someone says there's no God, I wonder why someone would boldly claim there's no God! My question then is, how do you butress your point? I need answers,

Give me one logical proof your god exist? And tell me how many times you have communicated with him directly without faking a vision or trance.
Re: To All The Atheists by Nobody: 8:34am On Sep 24, 2012
Mr_Anony:
lol of course...but then you have to explain how exactly one can truly believe nothing. Since to believe at all means that there is something to be believed.
Yo believing nothing can be put as leaving your mind blank to a subject rather than accepting a lie and giving yourself false reasons to justify your lie.
Re: To All The Atheists by MrAnony1(m): 8:44am On Sep 24, 2012
soccerinfo9ja:
Yo believing nothing can be put as leaving your mind blank to a subject rather than accepting a lie and giving yourself false reasons to justify your lie.
The point is that if your mind is really blank, then you cannot know if the new information is true or false. So how then do you say that something is true or is a lie if you know absolutely nothing about it?
Re: To All The Atheists by Nobody: 8:52am On Sep 24, 2012
Im tired of people claiming they heard from "god" when there is no logical proof to their claim. Please if you feel good by being so hypocritical, fine. But stop rubbing it on the average man who has better things to do with his time rather than sit somewhere lying profusely to himself about a subject he cannot pratically justify. Your god is imaginary , praying proofs it and wonder how the universe came to form try doing a research on "the big bang theory" but if it makes you feel better believing there's a "god" watching over you then i have no problem with that as long as it makes you sleep better at night. But dont rub your self deciet on my face because not everybody enjoys lying to themselves. Enjoy

3 Likes

Re: To All The Atheists by AtheistD(m): 8:54am On Sep 24, 2012
@ dudugirl

Have you ever felt the hand of God in your life? If so, can you elaborate as to what it was? You can code me if it is personal.
Re: To All The Atheists by MrAnony1(m): 8:56am On Sep 24, 2012
wiegraf:

I'm usually pissed, nothing new. But you mean go deal with your issues then come back so you can bull$hit around some more. Dealing with my issues would probably take forever, so let's move on. And you are dishonest.

Do you have answers good ser? Let's start with is the official xtian tyrant, or god if you prefer, all 3 omnixxx? Note, I could care less about anonyverse god
Lol, it is funny how you want to define my terms for me, even funnier how you call me dishonest because I don't accept your definition.

I know of no "xtian tyrant" neither do I know of any "anonyverse god" all I can tell you about is the nature of God (Jehovah). If you are interested, let's talk. If you are not, too bad.
Re: To All The Atheists by Nobody: 9:00am On Sep 24, 2012
Mr_Anony:
The point is that if your mind is really blank, then you cannot know if the new information is true or false. So how then do you say that something is true or is a lie if you know absolutely nothing about it?
By Being "blank" i meant acknowleging the basic little facts that can be proved but keeping an open mind to other ideologies that carry basic facts with them. Because the mind cannot be totally shut down i agree there's always something to be believed afterall.
Re: To All The Atheists by AtheistD(m): 9:04am On Sep 24, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Lol, it is funny how you want to define my terms for me, even funnier how you call me dishonest because I don't accept your definition.

I know of no "xtian tyrant" neither do I know of any "anonyverse god" all I can tell you about is the nature of God (Jehovah). If you are interested, let's talk. If you are not, too bad.

Let us talk about the nature of God pls.... I would like that.
Re: To All The Atheists by Nobody: 9:13am On Sep 24, 2012
Mr_Anony:

I'm interested in this Jehovah. Could you describe him? Feel free to use the Bible, if you please..
Re: To All The Atheists by wiegraf: 9:19am On Sep 24, 2012
Mr_Anony:

I call you dishonest for other reasons, and you know this. You illustrate one them in this very post by knowing said reasons, then purposely assigning my claim to another reason.

This isn't about your terms, it's about the mainstream ones. Not your interpretions, the statements in the 'holy' books.

I know of a voyeuristic sky tyrant, objectively so if you followed the holy books. Deal with it. Is it all 3 omnixxx?

Edited
Re: To All The Atheists by wiegraf: 9:32am On Sep 24, 2012
soccerinfo9ja:
This is one solid write up i admire. These people who claim there is a God somewhere watching over and protecting them have no practical evidence to prove there is any supernatural being that exist in some other universe unknown to man. They rely on faith to communicate with their imaginary god and justify their claims with a book written by mere men to bring other and instill fear in the heart of the populace. Please people should stop being so ignorant and hypocritical and accept the fact that we live in this world so randomly and their's nothing watching over us as any acclaim god is imaginary and the book backing his whole existence is mythical. End of story.

I find it odd that that post resonates with a few people, I wasn't even thinking much when I wrote it. Guess a lot of us are exasperated smiley
Re: To All The Atheists by MrAnony1(m): 9:44am On Sep 24, 2012
Atheist:-D:

Let us talk about the nature of God pls.... I would like that.
With pleasure
Re: To All The Atheists by MrAnony1(m): 9:55am On Sep 24, 2012
wiegraf:

I call you dishonest for other reasons, and you know this. You illustrate one them in this very post by knowing said reasons, then purposely assigning my claim to another reason.

This isn't about your terms, it's about the mainstream ones. Not your interpretions, the statements in the 'holy' books.

I know of a voyeuristic sky tyrant, objectively so if you followed the holy books. Deal with it. Is it all 3 omnixxx?
Edited
Lol interesting how you refer to God as a "voyeuristic sky tyrant objectively" Admit it, you are biased.

As I have said, the bible doesn't tell me of any sky tyrant. If you are going to argue over something, first learn what it is and then argue based on that. Putting your spin on it first before arguing is how not to argue. Also, conferring "objectivity" upon yourself and calling your opponent dishonest for not submitting to your spin is equally unhelpful.

I will not dignify your question with an answer until you ask it with some measure of dignity and civility.
Re: To All The Atheists by AtheistD(m): 10:25am On Sep 24, 2012
Mr_Anony:
With pleasure

I hope it doesn't get too uncomfortable. The last thing I want is to deny you your chance at a very tasty afterlife.

So my first question is:

1) What is or who is God? What are his qualities, capabilities and powers and how do they effect the world today? (please don't quote scripure, just tell me in your own words)
Re: To All The Atheists by wiegraf: 10:26am On Sep 24, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Lol interesting how you refer to God as a "voyeuristic sky tyrant objectively" Admit it, you are biased.

As I have said, the bible doesn't tell me of any sky tyrant. If you are going to argue over something, first learn what it is and then argue based on that. Putting your spin on it first before arguing is how not to argue. Also, conferring "objectivity" upon yourself and calling your opponent dishonest for not submitting to your spin is equally unhelpful.

I will not dignify your question with an answer until you ask it with some measure of dignity and civility.

Do as I say, unquestionably and against your will = me being a dictator. Extend that, I start using my power to oppress you = tyrant. Abrahamic god oppresses a lot of people, even his own followers actually, eg muslims oppress jews and xtians. Homosexuals, pig eaters, people work on sabbath, etc, the gamut of people who have no desire to comply with him, and are decent, good people just trying to live their often productive lives undisturbed, perhaps while giving something back. Abrahamic god = tyrant

Viewer? I watch you all day even when you don't want me to, while doing the deed? That = Viewer. You could say from his pov it's like us watching discovery, but then why the ban on homosexuality and masturbation when they harm no one? I'd guess because he's not a fan of balls touching, or pipis in general hence the desire minimize viewing that (on a random note, something like 99 % of dudes and a lot of women as well masturbate, how do y'all, ie abrahamic theists, manage? Do you apologize immediately after?). So yeah, abrahamic god more or else = Viewer

Suit yourself if you've got other things to do bro, I'm off to bed actually. Thanks
Re: To All The Atheists by MacDaddy01: 10:27am On Sep 24, 2012
Mr_Anony:

A voyeuristic sky tyrant is an objective description

Facts about Yaweh from the bible

-He knows what we think. He invades our minds- Viewer in the privacy of the mind.
-He wants us to worship him and no other god
-He once destroyed a whole city for being gay
-He once flooded the whole earth just because some people in the middle east sinned.
-He will torture you in hell if you dont obey him

Re: To All The Atheists by Purist(m): 11:20am On Sep 24, 2012
MacDaddy01:

A voyeuristic sky tyrant is an objective description

Facts about Yaweh from the bible

-He knows what we think. He invades our minds- Viewer in the privacy of the mind.
-He wants us to worship him and no other god
-He once destroyed a whole city for being gay
-He once flooded the whole earth just because some people in the middle east sinned.
-He will torture you in hell if you dont obey him

Be prepared for the Anony cop-out:

"It's his universe, his rules. Don't like it? Go make your own!"

1 Like

Re: To All The Atheists by jayriginal: 11:29am On Sep 24, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Just so we don't go off track and start talking about illusions, the reason i raised that question was to show the inadequacy of our senses and perfection. The question still lingers over us: how do we know and how do we know that we know?

I already noted that the 5 senses were not infallible and I gave my answer as to how we know and know that we know. Showing the limits of the 5 senses isnt necessary because I havent argued that they are infallible.

Mr_Anony:
Good, I read the whole of your post but I want to touch on something here which is: How does one know?

jayriginal:

Any knowledge would have to be objectively verifiable. The methodology clearly set out and it should be capable of replication (where applicable).
This guards against an individual making an assertion and urging the rest to take it on faith.

While not 100 percent foolproof, I think it is the best we can do.

By objectively verifiable, I mean using the 5 senses and in such a way that another (normal) person would reach the same conclusion using the same senses.

Mr_Anony:
Ok, all well and good, but let me point out something here. you are assuming that our 5 senses can not be deceived

jayriginal:
EDIT:
I have not assumed our 5 senses cannot be deceived.

Illusions attest to this.

Mr_Anony:
P/s: I have an answer which I would like to suggest but let us exhaust yours first.

I think we have come to the point where you proffer your own answer.
Re: To All The Atheists by MrAnony1(m): 11:36am On Sep 24, 2012
Atheist:-D:

I hope it doesn't get too uncomfortable. The last thing I want is to deny you your chance at a very tasty afterlife.

So my first question is:

1) What is or who is God? What are his qualities, capabilities and powers and how do they effect the world today? (please don't quote scripure, just tell me in your own words)
Lol, It usually starts like this: "please don't quote scripture" after a few lines of debate it changes to: "does the bible say that?".
(I am sorry I can't promise you that I will not quote scripture. If you want to hear about God, then be prepared to consider the bible).

Now to your question: Who is God? (in my words)

God is eternal and infinite; transcending space, time, matter and energy. He is all-powerful, all-knowing, all-sufficient, all-loving, ever-present. Immensely great in mercy and justice.
God is the perfect ultimate being and almighty creator. It is from Him that all things are and were made. He is the origin and ultimate meaning of all existence.

The above is not an exhaustive description but we can use that as a starting point.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Mbang: Wrath Of God Will Visit Children & Grandchildren Of Corrupt Politicians / Lady Gives Birth At Joshua Iginla's Church In Abuja, Receives N200k From Pastor / What It Means To Be "born Again"!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.