Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,158 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:00 PM

Don't Kill Yourself For Want Of A Child,live Your Life! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Don't Kill Yourself For Want Of A Child,live Your Life! (1042 Views)

She Wants Him To Sleep With Her For Want Of A Child / Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? / You're Not A Nigerian If You Didn't Do These Things As A Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don't Kill Yourself For Want Of A Child,live Your Life! by james1(m): 12:27am On Sep 22, 2012
Hello.its amazing how many women drive themselves crazy cos they want children!
Many forget that parents have done the best for many children yet on their own later turned out to be monsters.
If you have children,fine.if you don't,live your life.
One can stll enjoy life to the fullest without a child.
Just to refresh your memory;everyone rejoiced when they delivered the mum of that child that turned out to be a woman batterer,rapist,serial killer,robber,car jacker and gangmember.
Remember your Children have a mind of their own,a life to live and their ideology.
Re: Don't Kill Yourself For Want Of A Child,live Your Life! by Kobojunkie: 12:36am On Sep 22, 2012
Are you sure you are right in thinking the women are to blame here? Cause afterall Nigeria is a society where men still strongly believe that if they do not have children they cannot even capably take care of, they are not men at all? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Don't Kill Yourself For Want Of A Child,live Your Life! by Nobody: 12:01pm On Sep 22, 2012
james1: Hello.its amazing how many women drive themselves crazy cos they want children!
Many forget that parents have done the best for many children yet on their own later turned out to be monsters.
If you have children,fine.if you don't,live your life.
One can stll enjoy life to the fullest without a child.
Just to refresh your memory;everyone rejoiced when they delivered the mum of that child that turned out to be a woman batterer,rapist,serial killer,robber,car jacker and gangmember.
Remember your Children have a mind of their own,a life to live and their ideology.
As only a man can say.
Re: Don't Kill Yourself For Want Of A Child,live Your Life! by Nobody: 12:42pm On Sep 22, 2012
@OP
- some people marry for the SOLE purpose of having children, how they no go kill themselves if the cant have any?!
- some people have nothing to live for, and having a child would bring a meaning to their lives. so how they no go kill themselves if they cant have one?
- some people have been dreaming of being a parent, from their childhood days. so how they no go kill themselves if they cant have any?
- some people believe that having a child/successor is the MEANING OF LIFE, so how they no go kill themselves if they cant have any?

you may not see the importance of having a child, but to some people it is VERY important to their lives.

btw: however your children turn out to be, you should always stand by them as a parent.

2 Likes

Re: Don't Kill Yourself For Want Of A Child,live Your Life! by Bawss1(m): 2:43pm On Sep 22, 2012
MRbrownJAY: @OP
- some people marry for the SOLE purpose of having children, how they no go kill themselves if the cant have any?!
- some people have nothing to live for, and having a child would bring a meaning to their lives. so how they no go kill themselves if they cant have one?
- some people have been dreaming of being a parent, from their childhood days. so how they no go kill themselves if they cant have any?
- some people believe that having a child/successor is the MEANING OF LIFE, so how they no go kill themselves if they cant have any?

you may not see the importance of having a child, but to some people it is VERY important to their lives.

btw: however your children turn out to be, you should always stand by them as a parent.

I'm sure you know the reason why that the OP made this post in the first place.
Re: Don't Kill Yourself For Want Of A Child,live Your Life! by james1(m): 2:48pm On Sep 22, 2012
.....And men too.
@mrbrownjay.I know children are important but not compulsory.
Why attach so much to it?
So many lives have be wrecked.
Re: Don't Kill Yourself For Want Of A Child,live Your Life! by Kobojunkie: 6:00pm On Sep 22, 2012
james1: .....And men too.
@mrbrownjay.I know children are important but not compulsory.
Why attach so much to it?
So many lives have be wrecked.

Children are important? Says who? Children to a marriage are only important to those who have their minds set on believing such. There are examples of Childless marriages in the world doing just fine. I mean in history we have many examples of couples who lived and died in their old age having no children of their own. Children can be seen as expensive accessories. You can dress up in the morning and all your life without needing to wear or buy that expensive rolex watch. However, when you decide to acquire and add the rolex to your accessory list, it comes with requirements.

I completely understand and I agree with much of your message. Marriage is not really about Children but about the relationship between a man and a woman. Unfortunately, in a society where majority base the success and failure of their marriage on the

a) # of innocent souls they are able to drag down into this world(never mind that there are more than 200 million innocent souls that have been dragged down into a life of poverty and misery by those before them, seeking a place to belong)

b) # of male children they can produce, and will go to any length to make sure they have at least one of those(totaling ignoring the fact that all humans are equal-- male and female).

c) # of children they can have more than their friend, neighbor etc.

. . I think the message is going to be a hard sell. Even the so-called Educated in our society are hard to sell on this. I know of a particular woman here, in her late 50s, sticking going in to get poked and prodded like a cow all for want of a male child . .. her husband has in the meantime, over the years, had more than 4 kids with other women(extra-marital).
Re: Don't Kill Yourself For Want Of A Child,live Your Life! by james1(m): 9:00pm On Sep 22, 2012
@kobojunkie.on point.

(1) (Reply)

Re-posting To Get Some Very Needed Advice / ............ / Advise Needed From Experienced Parents - My Baby Bites Alot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.