Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,645 members, 7,813,164 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:06 AM

Military Declares War On Terrorist In The South-East - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Military Declares War On Terrorist In The South-East (14377 Views)

Military Declares War On N'delta Militants.....authorityngr / Gov Ganduje Declares War On Kwankwaso / Adesola Amosu Declares War On South-south Militants,Orders Air Bombing Of Creeks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Military Declares War On Terrorist In The South-East by gbenga2000: 3:57pm On Sep 22, 2012
mike404: @ poster you funny gan cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Funny moves!!! @ least 50 dogs r now gainfully employed in the army as part of the FG transformation agenda to reduce unemployment.
Re: Military Declares War On Terrorist In The South-East by 27naira(m): 3:57pm On Sep 22, 2012
Forester45:

He explained that the establishment of the Dog Centre demonstrates determination of the Armed Forces to fully embrace transformation agenda of the Federal Government. Petinrin, who commended the Nigerian Army for establishing the centre, urged terrorists to form political parties, sell their manifestoes and woo Nigerians to vote for them after which they could begin to make Nigerians see the world in their own ways.

The Nigerian Army Military Police unit, Saturday Sun, learnt has trained about 50 dogs to assist the force in the fight against terrorism. The dogs were trained to sniff out and identify any Improvised Explosive Device (IED), narcotics, terrorists and other security risk items. Several blocks of flats for the officers and men as well as the 50 dogs were also commissioned by the defence chief.

Speaking to journalists at the event, Chief of Army Staff, Lt. Gen. Azubuike Onyeabo Ihejirika, said the establishment of the dog centre was to enhance the capability of the service to deal with contemporary challenges facing the country. He maintained that introducing dogs to fight terrorism is informed by the sensory capability of the animal species.

His words: “The primary motive for this project is to be able to detect explosives, in a more civilized manner. It would be most helpful if serious cordon and searches begin rather than do arbitrary arrests and later apologise.” He said that the force is in the first phase of the programme, adding that at the third phase, the Nigerian Army would support the civil society in the use of dogs to check crimes.

He said the dogs would be useful at the entrance of airports, seaports, banks and other public places that is needed to be protected against terrorists and criminals.

grin grin grin
Re: Military Declares War On Terrorist In The South-East by wirewire(m): 4:12pm On Sep 22, 2012
Forester45:

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/national/well-defeat-terrorism-cds/
What d Bleep r dey wranting abt southeast while boko r bosi doing their buz. Ok mayb they r talkin abt middle east. But that isn't our war. Foolish pple
Re: Military Declares War On Terrorist In The South-East by Nobody: 4:30pm On Sep 22, 2012
That thie.f of defence staff is realy idi.otu , he sounds sense1ess. Maybe his unda d influence of WE.ED and CO.COAIn.

His father and, grandfather and great grand fathers are d terrorists in d southeast.
Re: Military Declares War On Terrorist In The South-East by manbuchai: 4:34pm On Sep 22, 2012
South east was not mentioned in the news,i have gone through the post severally there is no mention of south east,what is actually going on?
Re: Military Declares War On Terrorist In The South-East by Nobody: 4:40pm On Sep 22, 2012
if you want to shoot, then shoot and dont talk.
Re: Military Declares War On Terrorist In The South-East by kcpumping(m): 4:49pm On Sep 22, 2012
 think †ђξ man Iڪ responding to orjji uzo kalu threat that †ђξ igbos W̶̲̥̅̊ȋ̝̊̅ ̄ι̥ι̥ become †ђξ Nigerian president come 2015....if not  wonder what could have pushed †ђξ petirin of a guy to mention south east in his war with insurgents/terrorist attack...mtchew
Re: Military Declares War On Terrorist In The South-East by confusion247(m): 4:57pm On Sep 22, 2012
Everfrank: The northphobia guys making noise again. The Nigerian army is already fighting Boko Haram in the north. The general is talking about terrororists in the south east. Don't deviate the topic. Or shut up.
Please name one terrorists group in the south east.
Re: Military Declares War On Terrorist In The South-East by McStoic(m): 4:58pm On Sep 22, 2012
[quote author=Godjone]Abi bokos don penetrate ibo land? The terorist atak in d north mostly afected d ibos yet this animals are reaching 4 their door-step 4 futher ataks. Wia r d ojukwu old biafrans soldiers? Wat abt bakasi boys? Hav i 4gotten massob? Lets go there! Lets team up wit the army 2 deal wit dis
Re: Military Declares War On Terrorist In The South-East by IleIfe2(m): 5:16pm On Sep 22, 2012
Joke.
Re: Military Declares War On Terrorist In The South-East by mrperfect(m): 5:50pm On Sep 22, 2012
We need peace.
Re: Military Declares War On Terrorist In The South-East by demoore1(m): 5:55pm On Sep 22, 2012
I am quite sure the person that posted this is a stupid Yoruba tribalistic motherfucker. This took place in Lagos and No SE was mentiond on the write up But they captioned it "Military Declares War On Terrorist In The South-East"
Re: Military Declares War On Terrorist In The South-East by ANiyi2: 6:02pm On Sep 22, 2012
The words are very clear, the action need to be more clearer. Go and face they insurgents so that the long story can be cut short. GUDLUCK
Re: Military Declares War On Terrorist In The South-East by dasparrow: 6:06pm On Sep 22, 2012
@Post

How many insurgents are operating in the south eastern part of the country? Are most insurgents not operating mainly in the north? Anyways, those trained dogs can be used at the airport to sniff out cocaine, heroine and bombs. Here in the west, canines are used to combat terror by having them sniff out bombs and explosive devices at airports. Canines are also used in the police force and for rescue missions like we saw during the 9/11 terrorist attacks on the wall trade center. Nigerian military should just make sure those dogs are well fed and properly taken care of since proper animal care is not known to many in Nigeria.
Re: Military Declares War On Terrorist In The South-East by cesil92: 6:48pm On Sep 22, 2012
I'm not moved by the headline, na so Police dey declare war on criminal since wen I was small till now.
I am rather intrested on the issue of keeping dogs at the entrance of banks, airports, parks etc... Me no fit stand local dogs oo, talkless of trainned military dogs.. It means I will no longer be going to the banks or airports againP to avoid embarassment.
Re: Military Declares War On Terrorist In The South-East by ignis: 6:53pm On Sep 22, 2012
1 shortblackboy: I'm getting tired of this nairaland.mumu people too much here. People can't read they can't understand yet they are full of opinions.its just annoying !!
LWKMD
Re: Military Declares War On Terrorist In The South-East by Nobody: 6:54pm On Sep 22, 2012
LOL....enough OKOROS shaking in their okrika boots! bloody cannibals!
Re: Military Declares War On Terrorist In The South-East by Nobody: 6:55pm On Sep 22, 2012
This thread clearly shows that Nigerians don't read that's why when the make comments is always deluded. The post didn't contain south east but dem de rant.

These same people will come here tommorow to argue something
Re: Military Declares War On Terrorist In The South-East by reigningwisdom: 7:00pm On Sep 22, 2012
Hahahah,This an uneducated aboki Nigerian useless old general is on it again, he's still hoping that 1967 Arabians, USSR (Russian), British etc joined genocide termed war against the innocent civilians of Biafran children, old women and men that claimed more than one million citizens of Eastern Nigerian is still the way in this 21st century. He is an idiot and a fool forever. Please, this uneducated Nigerian retired army general should mentally grow up and wake up from his backwardness, many of his kinds in Nigerian political posts today are the ones pushing Nigeria backward with their 14th century mentality. Just read what that insane said, he's training dogs to fight terrorists in the Souhth-Eastern Nigeria. All Northerns and some of Yoruba folks hate southeatners with passion. why? Before the war, after the war and still today they keep showing and demonstrating their hatred towards Southeatners. I'd like them to state their reasons now or keep quiet forever. Let the above mentioned countries and unions cease from their war aid to the Northerners and Yoruba folks than let they (Northerners) declear war against Biafrans and let see what'll happen. These Northern folks will one day cause a war they will regret in the end. PLEASE let no one attack me here unnecessarilly but read every line of this write up and reason. See what's going on in Lybia today. All these abokis' unguided actions and commentaries as if they are GOD who holds power. well, as a chemical scientist l won't like to say anything to contradit my love for Nigeria but if..... than we can. My stand is, let that aboki shut up his old smelly unbrushed mouth and think for the best way to handle Nigeria's insecurity problem than making a provcative boast against Ndi-Igbo or Southeastners or Bifrans. that their OBJ method of exchanging carrot with cane can't work out this time on southeastners in this 21st cenurty if he declear war of any kind. He should go on doing his looting than insighting war-inviting bullshit commentary.
Re: Military Declares War On Terrorist In The South-East by cjrane: 7:45pm On Sep 22, 2012
I could have said, let the MASSOB begin to import arms and use their own road side explosives to teach dem a lesson , but it is not even necessary. Infact, Igbo is no longer being held back by Nigeria. We have overcome their wickedness.

Igbos have learnt how to survive and indeed thrive in spite of all the wicked plots against them. Igbo should not do anyone a favor by trying to liberate them from Nigeria.Many Igbo sons and daughters have already given their lives in the service of Nigerian army for the unity of Nigeria.

Let the Yorrobbers being mauled left and right, and marginalized in every aspect of national politics pull out if they get tired of the new treatment. Because their days of manipulating everyone and everything to their advantage is over. In Nigeria today, the ones so badly made irrelevant is the yorrobers.
Re: Military Declares War On Terrorist In The South-East by Jungleprince1(m): 7:48pm On Sep 22, 2012
holly-pagan:
This abokl no get brian ,w e dnt have terrorist in s.east,let him go an find boko boys
petirin is not an aboki, he his a yoruba man. Ihejirika is also an ibo man so the two are fools from south(east and west)
Re: Military Declares War On Terrorist In The South-East by FASTLINK1: 8:20pm On Sep 22, 2012
Forester45:

The military authorities yesterday
vowed to defeat insurgents operating
in the South eastern part of the
country,
warning that persons plotting
aggression against Nigeria will not be
spared by the armed forces. Speaking
while commissioning the Nigerian Army
Dog Centre in the Ipaja area of Lagos,
Air Chief Marshal Oluseyi Petinrin,
Chief of Defence Staff, warned that the
military will never allow insurgents to
take over Nigeria, urging them to go
through the normal route to assume
power .
“Anybody or group has the right to have
that aspiration to rule Nigeria by a certain
set of rules. But the way to do it is to form a
political party, contest an election and then
the rest of us, even if we did not vote for
you, we will subject ourselves to your rule.
But for anybody or group which has not
form a political party, has not won an
election, to want to impose a type of rule on
the country, it will never happen in Nigeria,”
he said.
The defence chief said that the Nigerian
military must defeat terrorism and
aggression against the people of the
country, especially as Federal Government
has shown commitment towards providing
essential resources to the Armed Forces.
He explained that the establishment of the
Dog Centre demonstrates determination of
the Armed Forces to fully embrace
transformation agenda of the Federal
Government. Petinrin, who commended the
Nigerian Army for establishing the centre,
urged terrorists to form political parties, sell
their manifestoes and woo Nigerians to vote
for them after which they could begin to
make Nigerians see the world in their own
ways.
The Nigerian Army Military Police unit,
Saturday Sun, learnt has trained about 50
dogs to assist the force in the fight against
terrorism. The dogs were trained to sniff out
and identify any Improvised Explosive
Device (IED), narcotics, terrorists and other
security risk items. Several blocks of flats for
the officers and men as well as the 50 dogs
were also commissioned by the defence
chief.
Speaking to journalists at the event, Chief of
Army Staff, Lt. Gen. Azubuike Onyeabo
Ihejirika, said the establishment of the dog
centre was to enhance the capability of the
service to deal with contemporary
challenges facing the country. He
maintained that introducing dogs to fight
terrorism is informed by the sensory
capability of the animal species.
His words: “The primary motive for this
project is to be able to detect explosives, in
a more civilized manner. It would be most
helpful if serious cordon and searches begin
rather than do arbitrary arrests and later
apologise.” He said that the force is in the
first phase of the programme, adding that at
the third phase, the Nigerian Army would
support the civil society in the use of dogs to
check crimes.
He said the dogs would be useful at the
entrance of airports, seaports, banks and
other public places that is needed to be
protected against terrorists and criminals.
Re: Military Declares War On Terrorist In The South-East by Classicalman(m): 8:38pm On Sep 22, 2012
Forester45:

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/national/well-defeat-terrorism-cds/
The last time i checked, the 'insurgents' seeking to impose themselves on the country were from the North. That Yoruba soldier better check his facts.
Re: Military Declares War On Terrorist In The South-East by phreakabit(m): 8:52pm On Sep 22, 2012
Classicalman: The last time i checked, the 'insurgents' seeking to impose themselves on the country were from the North. That Yoruba soldier better check his facts.

The oily soup eating son of a pig, simply seeks to bring irreversible sorrow upon his family and people.
Re: Military Declares War On Terrorist In The South-East by Classicalman(m): 8:55pm On Sep 22, 2012
victorels: Backwarders. Illitrates. Black animals i mean humans. I don't know this set of people still exist in this age and in government. Its like the man watched a movie about exploits of dogs and he thinks dogs are better animals before comming out to vomit nonsense. No. They should build octopus camp that will tell them where the bad guys and weapons are. American whitewashed generation. What concerns the public is results rather than administration. Anyway, when someone doesn't have anything to show, he must have something to say. We have leaned how to chop i mean eat dog meat from our calaba brudas. Easy way to have dog meat every weekend. I laugh with anger
They have better not cross the SE or SS with those dogz. If they do, we will barbeque them.

1 Like

Re: Military Declares War On Terrorist In The South-East by hardniola(m): 9:01pm On Sep 22, 2012
you guy just keep shouting yoruba this yoruba that is azubuike a
yoruba man.

Speaking to journalists at the event, Chief of
Army Staff, Lt. Gen. Azubuike Onyeabo
Ihejirika, said the establishment of the dog
centre was to enhance the capability of the
service to deal with contemporary
challenges facing the country
Re: Military Declares War On Terrorist In The South-East by ignis: 11:15pm On Sep 22, 2012
Classicalman: They have better not cross the SE or SS with those dogz. If they do, we will barbeque them.
I trust my boys
Re: Military Declares War On Terrorist In The South-East by OneNaira6: 11:42pm On Sep 22, 2012
Nigeria army, go and fight boko haram. Maba. Fight corrupt politicians. Maba. Fight drug dealers, arm robbers and all the criminals that can shoot you back. Maba. Fight people wey no carry guns. yes oooo. Cowards. Why do we even have nigerian army, police or any other military form.Waste of money, time and space. Oya now, war declared. Go fight.
Re: Military Declares War On Terrorist In The South-East by kettykin: 5:01am On Sep 23, 2012
Olusegun Petirin is the kind of Generals the South West has always produced , Generals who will weep before Majors (Diya weeping and shitting before Almustapha) and who will not muster enough liver to take over the Leadership of the Country when there is a a vaccum of Leadership at the center ( Brigadier Babatunde Ogundipe and Obasanjo).

Generals who will boast of how the fought for the Country's unity but willl not live up to the task of defending Yoruba land against invasion from the north, Arm chair Generals whose only Achievement in Nigeria Militarily was Embarking on a Genocide against women and children but will not contemplate fighting for an Oil Rich Bakassi Peninsular when it matters most. A similar Island in the Chinese straits has 3 Asian different countries fighting for the control of Rocks not inhabited by Human beings but Obasanjo a Yoruba General gave up Bakassi with its human Population and Oil Deposit to cameroun with out a gun shot
Re: Military Declares War On Terrorist In The South-East by DuduNegro: 5:22am On Sep 23, 2012
Ihejirika is the Army boss. Whatever assault force must be deployed to fight SE terrorists Army will be one commanding it....not Navy or Air force.

Your son, Ihejirika will be the one leading this demolition assault and he has added his own voice to warn you that if you dare declare a biafra, before, on or after Nov 5th......a special force team will visit upon your villages. So send emissary to Ihejerika and table your ethnic interests.

I wonder why GEJ is silent on this issue o. hnmmm!
Re: Military Declares War On Terrorist In The South-East by ozodimgba(m): 5:49am On Sep 23, 2012
God help me my country is a joke.
Re: Military Declares War On Terrorist In The South-East by bola4dprec(m): 8:45am On Sep 23, 2012
best way to describe Nigeria democracy Truth without love is brutality, and love without truth is hypocrisy. I hope they should set up the dog section @ North East zone i.e Maiduguri BH Headquarters why intimidating my gentle business minded brothers South East ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Keke-Napep Banned In Some Lagos Commercial Areas ? / Imo Governorship: Uche Nwosu Heads To Tribunal, Blames APC For His Loss / New Tinubu Northern Support Video. Bola Tinubu 2023.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.