Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,023 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:39 AM

Military Declares War On Terrorist In The South-East - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Military Declares War On Terrorist In The South-East (14376 Views)

Military Declares War On N'delta Militants.....authorityngr / Gov Ganduje Declares War On Kwankwaso / Adesola Amosu Declares War On South-south Militants,Orders Air Bombing Of Creeks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Military Declares War On Terrorist In The South-East by Kay1kay1(m): 1:03pm On Sep 22, 2012
...South east or north east...?
Re: Military Declares War On Terrorist In The South-East by odumchi: 1:05pm On Sep 22, 2012
Chai, Chineke. O nwe ihe m amaa avuvo na uwa a? Terrorist na ali Igbo kwa?

The funny thing is that the document didn't even mention the South-East.
Re: Military Declares War On Terrorist In The South-East by ignis: 1:10pm On Sep 22, 2012
philip0906: Them no vow like this face boko haram but e don reach south east matter-c ishan wey dem dey use. . .bloody b@stards
you just said my mind.
Re: Military Declares War On Terrorist In The South-East by 1shortblackboy: 1:13pm On Sep 22, 2012
I'm getting tired of this nairaland.mumu people too much here. People can't read they can't understand yet they are full of opinions.its just annoying !!
Re: Military Declares War On Terrorist In The South-East by duality(m): 1:13pm On Sep 22, 2012
seun should edit the topic of this crap and ban the poster for systematically fomenting tribal insults on Nairaland. or close this thread now.
Re: Military Declares War On Terrorist In The South-East by str8talk1: 1:16pm On Sep 22, 2012
A misleading headline by a tribalistic minded moderator wt an inate bias towards d South-East pple.
Re: Military Declares War On Terrorist In The South-East by offshoreking: 1:18pm On Sep 22, 2012
Pls i didn't see anything like South East mentioned there, u really want to cos prob, so that ur follow trib fo0ls will start talking trash abut my beloved south East. God pass una
Re: Military Declares War On Terrorist In The South-East by Truman155(m): 1:32pm On Sep 22, 2012
Their fada make them catch their bokoharam brothers first na 4 only south east them the get power infact they are all racists........ I want to buy suya from one hausa guy but because of this i wont buy from him again idiots

1 Like

Re: Military Declares War On Terrorist In The South-East by muktarmtt(m): 1:41pm On Sep 22, 2012
browncool: Why can't this admonition be rendered in the north instead of facing the South East? I am not an Ibo man, but we have to always put the pegs in the right holes
Bleep ass hole north dat u hate abi? U may burn in hell fire mumu
Re: Military Declares War On Terrorist In The South-East by mmmustapha(m): 1:43pm On Sep 22, 2012
Clear their villages grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Military Declares War On Terrorist In The South-East by Drksly(m): 1:47pm On Sep 22, 2012
Forester45, dres no wre in ur news dat southeast was stated. So I suggest u beta rephrase ur caption! I was even thinkn u wantd 2say north-north.
Re: Military Declares War On Terrorist In The South-East by Nobody: 2:05pm On Sep 22, 2012
Backwarders. Illitrates. Black animals i mean humans. I don't know this set of people still exist in this age and in government. Its like the man watched a movie about exploits of dogs and he thinks dogs are better animals before comming out to vomit nonsense. No. They should build octopus camp that will tell them where the bad guys and weapons are. American whitewashed generation. What concerns the public is results rather than administration. Anyway, when someone doesn't have anything to show, he must have something to say. We have leaned how to chop i mean eat dog meat from our calaba brudas. Easy way to have dog meat every weekend. I laugh with anger
Re: Military Declares War On Terrorist In The South-East by Mrchippychappy(m): 2:21pm On Sep 22, 2012
http://sunnewsonline.com/new/national/well-defeat-terrorism-cds/

BY PHILIP NWOSU

[size=15pt]The military authorities yesterday vowed to defeat insurgents operating in the South eastern part of the country, warning that persons plotting aggression against Nigeria will not be spared by the armed forces.[/size]

Speaking while commissioning the Nigerian Army Dog Centre in the Ipaja area of Lagos, Air Chief Marshal Oluseyi Petinrin, Chief of Defence Staff, warned that the military will never allow insurgents to take over Nigeria, urging them to go through the normal route to assume power.

“Anybody or group has the right to have that aspiration to rule Nigeria by a certain set of rules. But the way to do it is to form a political party, contest an election and then the rest of us, even if we did not vote for you, we will subject ourselves to your rule. But for anybody or group which has not form a political party, has not won an election, to want to impose a type of rule on the country, it will never happen in Nigeria,” he said.

The defence chief said that the Nigerian military must defeat terrorism and aggression against the people of the country, especially as Federal Government has shown commitment towards providing essential resources to the Armed Forces.

He explained that the establishment of the Dog Centre demonstrates determination of the Armed Forces to fully embrace transformation agenda of the Federal Government. Petinrin, who commended the Nigerian Army for establishing the centre, urged terrorists to form political parties, sell their manifestoes and woo Nigerians to vote for them after which they could begin to make Nigerians see the world in their own ways.

The Nigerian Army Military Police unit, Saturday Sun, learnt has trained about 50 dogs to assist the force in the fight against terrorism. The dogs were trained to sniff out and identify any Improvised Explosive Device (IED), narcotics, terrorists and other security risk items. Several blocks of flats for the officers and men as well as the 50 dogs were also commissioned by the defence chief.

Speaking to journalists at the event, Chief of Army Staff, Lt. Gen. Azubuike Onyeabo Ihejirika, said the establishment of the dog centre was to enhance the capability of the service to deal with contemporary challenges facing the country. He maintained that introducing dogs to fight terrorism is informed by the sensory capability of the animal species.

His words: “The primary motive for this project is to be able to detect explosives, in a more civilized manner. It would be most helpful if serious cordon and searches begin rather than do arbitrary arrests and later apologise.” He said that the force is in the first phase of the programme, adding that at the third phase, the Nigerian Army would support the civil society in the use of dogs to check crimes.

He said the dogs would be useful at the entrance of airports, seaports, banks and other public places that is needed to be protected against terrorists and criminals.

Naija Military wan start wetin dem no fit finish .
Re: Military Declares War On Terrorist In The South-East by Nobody: 2:26pm On Sep 22, 2012
Nairaland, what a forum! smh.
Re: Military Declares War On Terrorist In The South-East by invectives(m): 2:30pm On Sep 22, 2012
Forester45:

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/national/well-defeat-terrorism-cds/

@OP is this a joke@?what has this dog clinic,sniffing got to do with the south east.shuoooo.
Re: Military Declares War On Terrorist In The South-East by shadrach77: 2:37pm On Sep 22, 2012
why must we know his two middle names? olusegun oluseyi petirin ? is that to show the readers that he is yoruba? Some of these rascal journalists sef! if he was a northerner will they do that?
Re: Military Declares War On Terrorist In The South-East by phreakabit(m): 2:40pm On Sep 22, 2012
Trouble dey sleep. . . . . . . .
Re: Military Declares War On Terrorist In The South-East by mu2sa2: 2:46pm On Sep 22, 2012
These insurgent groups are a symptom of a fraudulent electoral system. As long as election results are falsified you ar going to see a lot of these groups.It is easy to say people should seek judicial redress for their grievances, but this makes sense only where u hav a clean judiciary. Alas, in nigeria d judges ar not only now corrupt but ar lazy and useless.
Re: Military Declares War On Terrorist In The South-East by sayitout1: 2:46pm On Sep 22, 2012
See our federal government dey buy dogs for soldiers.

Meanwhile we need to know how much the dogs were bought.

After 2 months, ask same pple to give account of the dogs and you'll find out say them don chop the dogs.

Soldiers dat are not been paid well to take care of dogs?

Na wa oo; if you wan give them meat, na dog u come give them?
Re: Military Declares War On Terrorist In The South-East by blumail: 2:47pm On Sep 22, 2012
If only we could ignore this tribalists undecided Must we feed their joy by responding to their obviously bias threads?
Re: Military Declares War On Terrorist In The South-East by Valto(m): 2:47pm On Sep 22, 2012
all my post about this tribalistic topic have been hidden.... seriously shakes head for nairaland moderators..... like i said before truth is bitter.... u can as well hide this too lipsrsealed .....THIS POST HAS BEEN HIDDEN!!
Re: Military Declares War On Terrorist In The South-East by maasoap(m): 2:49pm On Sep 22, 2012
klax: Can you all imagine what these fools army generals are saying "Dog Centre to fight terrorism" is this not madness Dog to fight terrorism so is dog that will fight Boko Haram or it was Dog that fought Bin Laden These fools are more foolish to be honest.

I still dont understand why is that people in position in this country just love wasting money and resources now that a full grown men in uniform could not fight Boko Haram so how is it now that its Dog to do the job? Very funny.

And they are talking of terrorist in South East please poster is their any terrorist in South East because i'm hearing this for the first time
You're simply uninformed.
Re: Military Declares War On Terrorist In The South-East by drnoel: 2:49pm On Sep 22, 2012
Jesus Christ! what hypocrisy. Look at this foolish military man. He is a few miles away from where the thing is happening and is screaming wolf. Pls GEJ, post this fool to the north let us see if he will still be blowing his mouth.
Re: Military Declares War On Terrorist In The South-East by Everfrank(m): 3:06pm On Sep 22, 2012
The northphobia guys making noise again. The Nigerian army is already fighting Boko Haram in the north. The general is talking about terrororists in the south east. Don't deviate the topic. Or shut up.
Re: Military Declares War On Terrorist In The South-East by saintneo(m): 3:07pm On Sep 22, 2012
Deleted
Re: Military Declares War On Terrorist In The South-East by Dede1(m): 3:15pm On Sep 22, 2012
This is akin to the manner which sought to fence the garden not the house. The seaports in southern Nigeria are caged with supplicated devices to point out hidden ammunition in containers while the border entry and exit points in southern Nigeria are manned by all branches of Nigerian armed forces, police and custom officers.

It is unfortunate that Nigeria’s border line in northern region of Nigeria remains porous without an ordinary watchman on duty. Boko Haram is armed to the hip because of the open border and free-duty entry points within northern region. Yet the moronic military chiefs decided to look south and especially southeast. One thing comes to my mind about this odd behavior from the so-called political and military leaders in Nigeria. I guess southern Nigeria is the proverbial geese.

Most Nigerians tend to talk about corruption as the main hindrance to Nigeria’s development. But I tend to disagree because the present construct of Nigeria feeds the ever presence tendency to become corrupt. The so-called political and military leaders in Nigeria will do anything humanly possible to keep Nigeria in awkward position in order to sustain their lifestyles riddled with corruption, criminality, ritual, murder, embezzlement, aggrandizement, deceit and wickedness.

The only thing that gives them nightmare is the talk of disintegration of Nigeria.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

EFCC DISCOVERY "Theatrics": What Magu Should Learn From The Nigeria Police / Christopher Datong: Military Refuses To Give Update On Major Abducted At NDA / Keke-Napep Banned In Some Lagos Commercial Areas ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.