Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees (28466 Views)

Kano Deports 60,000 Beggars To Four States, Other Countries / BOTCHED DIPLOMACY AS Saudi-Arabia Deports 510 More Nigerian Women Pilgrims!! / Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by DuduNegro: 8:58am On Sep 26, 2012
Krucifax:

Says it all really, your I.Q = single digits! Just here to make jokes about an apparently serious matter. You should be left to go play in the fields kiddo!!

..dude, calm down.....! I thought igbo own Lagos, why are you venting my brother?
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by ochukoccna: 8:58am On Sep 26, 2012
Lagos is most probably the only place in Nigeria where Ndigbo came back from the civil war to have their property formally handed over to them by the authorities. In some really shocking cases, the returnees received the total arrears of rent collected during the duration of the civil war (thanks to Adeniran Ogunsanya). We cannot let all this go up in smoke, because Lagos has been good to Igbos and, particularly, Ndi Anambra.
Hmmmnn!
Never heard the biafran jingoists speak about this before
undecided undecided
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by naptu2: 8:59am On Sep 26, 2012
I didn't post the link to the source of that article, but I'll tell you the source. It is taken from Bola Tinubu's website.
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by DuduNegro: 9:02am On Sep 26, 2012
redsun: This is another way of saying that lagos has seceded from nigeria.The tribal iinsticnts of some suppose educated yorubas are self-destructive.Just because there is a bit of organisation in lagos made possible by the people's taxes,tend to make them think that they can do without what makes lagos tick,which is varieties of people of different backgrounds.

I like your response. Diversity is crucial, but you want inclusion of people who value the benefits of diversity. Wont you agree?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by luvinhubby(m): 9:02am On Sep 26, 2012
Dudu_Negro: Saintneo,

The people living in Lagos State have a civic responsibility to the state. This action by Lagos State is supported by the customary laws and those laws recognize and identify citizenship strictly by ward and ancestry. The constitution of Nigeria further recognize and empower those customary laws as the basis of indigeneity for any member state in the sovereingty. If you suppress the customary laws in favor of the Constitution then you must also dissolve the traditional Chiefs and fire the Obas and the title holders.....basically erode the culture.

If you do it for Lagos, you must do it for all other states. If the other states must keep their customary laws intact, then so must Lagos.

On the substance of the matter itself, who are these people and why were they deported?

On the lagality, Lagos State, by this action, has not acted in counter to any provision or statutes of Constitution and is therefore not in violation of the right of citizenship clause.
Please explain yourself
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by Dejiro(m): 9:04am On Sep 26, 2012
Can somebody please bring me up to page here!
Who are those taken to Anambra? are they criminals? or disabled?
Is this the first time this is being done?
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by MrGlobe(m): 9:05am On Sep 26, 2012
Sam Milla: I went where those people were dropped at Onitsha and i can tell you that most of them are not even Pure Igbos. There ate people from Akwa Ibom, Cross River and even Rivers.

They dumped them there because Onitsha is the first major Igbo City they found after the Niger Bridge. Now Fashola has lost my vote.
now that this ridiculous story has been confirmed can amala eating fashola tell me why he has to turn my state into a dumping ground. I can guarantee 98% of those are not igbos talk more of industrious Anambra people.How did fashola tell who is Anambra or not before dumping them there. I dont know why any time is being wasted, the only sensible thing peter obi should do is to bundle them back and send them back to Lagos govt house. no brainer or protocol there.
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by DuduNegro: 9:05am On Sep 26, 2012
ochukoccna:
Hmmmnn!
Never heard the biafran jingoists speak about this before
undecided undecided

They will never admit it. They preer to lambast Awo's N20 and their seized properties in PH and Kano.
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by Dejiro(m): 9:05am On Sep 26, 2012
Please what was the offence of those taken to Anambra?
Dudu_Negro:

I like your response. Diversity is crucial, but you want inclusion of people who value the benefits of diversity. Wont you agree?
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by safarigirl(f): 9:06am On Sep 26, 2012
What a load of cr.ap! Lagos has NO indigenes, it's no man's land. How can they go about deporting Nigerians when Togolese still boku for there? This is like saying New York deports citizens of Arizona. Stewpid Africans.
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by DuduNegro: 9:06am On Sep 26, 2012
luvinhubby:
Please explain yourself

There are thousands of ideas in that few sentences. Which part do you need clarity on?
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by Nobody: 9:07am On Sep 26, 2012
Eko o ni baje. grin
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by mike404(m): 9:08am On Sep 26, 2012
This entity called naija is gradually comin to an end...GLORY BE TO JAH grin
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by Cupidkc(m): 9:09am On Sep 26, 2012
Crazy world...
Is it right to use the word "deported" in this case,since we're talking about the same country.
#justasking#
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by redsun(m): 9:11am On Sep 26, 2012
It could be a ploy by tinubu to maintain blind tribal affiliatios and loyalty in a bid to ensure their votes and disperse competitions like any blind short sighted animalistic politician will do.But he is forgetting that lagos is an "urban" area that can never go back to the status of a village or hamlet that stone age men like him and animals like ekoile wants it to become.And that lagos is a state in federal republic of "nigeria"
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by DuduNegro: 9:12am On Sep 26, 2012
Dejiro: Please what was the offence of those taken to Anambra?

You should read the entire thred and get in flow with the theme. im arguing legality, not qualification. I have asked myself to know why they were deportef and your brothers are silent about it.
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by icon8: 9:12am On Sep 26, 2012
I'm tempted to say "of all the folks trying to justify the action of the LASG here, only naptu2 is reasonable (at best) in his submissions. I'm afraid Dudu Negro, Eko Atlantic, and their other less visible tribal warriors do not have the strength of character to drive home their points objectively. What a shame! By the way, I'm Yoruba (and from Epetedo in Lagos) but believe issues should be analysed based on facts (like naptu2 did) and not sentiment and ethnic hatred as demonstrated by these folks (named above).

@naptu2: we need to ascertain if they CHOSE to RETURN and if their state governor was contacted prior to their return, which I doubt (if the write-up is anything to go by) anyways. At any rate, thanks for the insight!
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by Bakreez: 9:12am On Sep 26, 2012
This matter is about constitutional interpretation. Our constitution guarantee right of residence in any part of the federation as long as you are a citizen of Nigeria, the same constitution give validity to our customary law. The two parties have a very good argument,hence, i suggest that the aggrieved party go to court to determine the legality or otherwise of the action of Lagos state Government. God bles Nigeria.
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by naptu2: 9:14am On Sep 26, 2012
Now, for a bit of balance, a more critical article. Written by Reuben Abati, the article provides a lot more information (including figures of people returned, etc)
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by takedat(m): 9:17am On Sep 26, 2012
safarigirl: What a load of cr.ap! Lagos has NO indigenes, it's no man's land. How can they go about deporting Nigerians when Togolese still boku for there? This is like saying New York deports citizens of Arizona. Stewpid Africans.
Mumu,if Lagos has no indigene you should please tell Nnamdi and Emeka to contest for Governorship elections in Lagos.For the mere fact that proper Lagosians and Yorubas are friendly doesnt mean each person should not bear his father's name.Ibo's beware
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by chucky234(m): 9:17am On Sep 26, 2012
Which one be deport again,shey Lagos na foreign now.
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by DuduNegro: 9:18am On Sep 26, 2012
icon8: I'm tempted to say "of all the folks trying to justify the action of the LASG here, only naptu2 is reasonable (at best) in his submissions. I'm afraid Dudu Negro, Eko Atlantic, and their other less visible tribal warriors do not have the strength of character to drive home their points objectively. What a shame! By the way, I'm Yoruba (and from Epetedo in Lagos) but believe issues should be analysed based on facts (like naptu2 did) and not sentiment and ethnic hatred as demonstrated by these folks (named above).

@naptu2: we need to ascertain if they CHOSE to RETURN and if their state governor was contacted prior to their return, which I doubt (if the write-up is anything to go by) anyways. At any rate, thanks for the insight!

.....yeah, name three Agbole in Epetedo and briefly tell me how Igunnu came to Epetedo if you are truly an indigene of Epetedo.
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by demmie1: 9:19am On Sep 26, 2012
Austinodark: 50 percent of the population in Lagos re IGBOS,we control the economy there and all over Nigeria with our various businesses,whether Yoruba like it or not.We re always Superior to them
bark! bark! bark!
animal
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by takedat(m): 9:20am On Sep 26, 2012
safarigirl: What a load of cr.ap! Lagos has NO indigenes, it's no man's land. How can they go about deporting Nigerians when Togolese still boku for there? This is like saying New York deports citizens of Arizona. Stewpid Africans.
Mumu,if Lagos has no indigene you should please tell Nnamdi and Emeka to contest for Governorship elections in Lagos.For the mere fact that proper Lagosians and Yorubas in general are friendly doesnt mean each person should not bear his father's name.Ibo's beware and respect your boundaries so that you will not experience pogroms like you do in the north
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by DuduNegro: 9:20am On Sep 26, 2012
Bakreez: This matter is about constitutional interpretation. Our constitution guarantee right of residence in any part of the federation as long as you are a citizen of Nigeria, the same constitution give validity to our customary law. The two parties have a very good argument,hence, i suggest that the aggrieved party go to court to determine the legality or otherwise of the action of Lagos state Government. God bles Nigeria.

Hey, God Bless you! grin
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by TonySpike: 9:21am On Sep 26, 2012
violent: [size=13pt]Chapter IV :Fundamental Rights[/size]

41. (1) Every citizen of Nigeria is entitled to move freely throughout Nigeria and to reside in any part thereof, and no citizen of Nigeria shall be expelled from Nigeria or refused entry thereby or exit therefrom.

(2) Nothing in subsection (1) of this section shall invalidate any law that is reasonably justifiable in a democratic society-

(a) imposing restrictions on the residence or movement of any person who has committed or is reasonably suspected to have committed a criminal
offence in order to prevent him from leaving Nigeria; or

(b) providing for the removal of any person from Nigeria to any other country to:-
(i) be tried outside Nigeria for any criminal offence, or
(ii) undergo imprisonment outside Nigeria in execution of the sentence of a court of law in respect of a criminal offence of which he has
been found guilty: Provided that there is reciprocal agreement between Nigeria and such other country in relation to such matter.

42. (1) A citizen of Nigeria of a particular community, ethnic group, place of origin, sex, religion or political opinion shall not, by reason only that he is such a person:-
(a) be subjected either expressly by, or in the practical application of, any law in force in Nigeria or any executive or administrative action
of the government, to disabilities or restrictions to which citizens of Nigeria of other communities, ethnic groups, places of origin, sex,
religions or political opinions are not made subject; or
(b) be accorded either expressly by, or in the practical application of, any law in force in Nigeria or any such executive or administrative
action, any privilege or advantage that is not accorded to citizens of Nigeria of other communities, ethnic groups, places of origin, sex,
religions or political opinions.

Who prepared this constitution? Was it adopted by the generality of Nigerians? Was there a referendum to agree on what terms this constitution operates?
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by Bakreez: 9:22am On Sep 26, 2012
My brother, in as much as i am indifferent with the action of the Lagos state Government, i dont think you should come here to say that Lagos is a no man's land. That assertion is a slap on history of that place called Lagos. Also your ratio decidendi does not just fit in this situation and that's not far fetched from the fact that you dont understand any about neither American history nor that of Lagos. Well, i suggest that you endeavour to use the library or spend your time wisely on the internet by utislising google or devil finder so that you dont make erroneous assertion anylonger.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by luvinhubby(m): 9:23am On Sep 26, 2012
[quote author=Dudu_Negro]

There are thousands of ideas in that few sentences. Which part do you need clarity on? [/quot
That customary laws are given prior recognition before a national constitution (people drafted or not).
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by Desola(f): 9:23am On Sep 26, 2012
Dudu_Negro: Nobody has violated any constitution my friend........people are simply disillusioned into believing that the gathering of non-consenting ethnic groups into a fraudulent coalition of pretentious sovereingty is a permanent and workable substitute for crossing or bridging customs and cultures.

The piece of composition ratified by non-consenting ethnic groups to serve as document of order and propriety for the native land is nothing but a sham.....it invokes more problems than it resolves grievance.

Dont blame the "effect"....curse the "cause". We are living an infatuation....a perpetual one for that matter the longer we continue to rest hope in a constitution as the harbinger of truth and the savior of our faulty gathering.

Odua is moving on!

Wow!!!You this man! You just dey make my heart go "jigijigibambabam!" grin
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by MrGlobe(m): 9:24am On Sep 26, 2012
why is fashola even worried about non indigenes in his state when FG money (of which lagos state contributed nada) was used to develop and industrialize the state at the detriment of othrrs. every nigerian has equal right in lagos atleast until the nation is dividided – which we pray for.
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by kingingkinging: 9:25am On Sep 26, 2012

This is one of the infurating and annoying statements, very inciting that are causing problems. How can u say Lagos is no man's land? How can u say it is has no indigene? The Epe people, Ikorodu people, Ibeju Lekki, Isale Eko, Badagary people, Agarawu,Isolo,etc jumped from heaven? The hospitality of the West should not be taken for foolishness pls.

Nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by Nobody: 9:27am On Sep 26, 2012
icon8: I'm tempted to say "of all the folks trying to justify the action of the LASG here, only naptu2 is reasonable (at best) in his submissions. I'm afraid Dudu Negro, Eko Atlantic, and their other less visible tribal warriors do not have the strength of character to drive home their points objectively. What a shame! By the way, I'm Yoruba (and from Epetedo in Lagos) but believe issues should be analysed based on facts (like naptu2 did) and not sentiment and ethnic hatred as demonstrated by these folks (named above).

a very big shame indeed! Some peeps don't even know why they were deported and they have started passing tribal remarks! What makes fashola feel that those they deported won't come back to lagos? Or is he gonna trace them? Even if they aren't igbos, what right does he have to deport them? Well I still don't believe this story. But if it is true,then other state governors should gear up for mass deportation of non indigenes!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

El-Rufai Celebrates His Son, Sadique's Birthday (Photos) / Jandor Has Learnt His Lessons In PDP, We'll Welcome Him If He Returns - APC / Governors Ganduje, Ajimobi And Yari's Photo: See Hilarious Caption

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.