Stats: 3,154,155 members, 7,821,931 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:04 PM

If You Love Someone, Would You Accept Their Faults Or Fixed It? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / If You Love Someone, Would You Accept Their Faults Or Fixed It? (2995 Views)

Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? / A Priceless Wedding Invitation - (OK - NL - I Fixed IT!!!) / You Love Someone So Much, But You Have To Let Him/Her Go! (2) (3) (4)

If You Love Someone, Would You Accept Their Faults Or Fixed It? by Nobody: 5:55am On Sep 26, 2012
I am not talking about only physical appearance here, behaviour as well.

Would you correct your lover faults or would you just accept them?

Please discuss.
Re: If You Love Someone, Would You Accept Their Faults Or Fixed It? by Pysam(m): 6:43am On Sep 26, 2012
Yeah when you re in love with someone you accept all that the person is first,the faults and the error cos evry human has one imperfection or the other.the fixing of the fault ll came gradually.that is in do it in love and with love you don't try to enforce it on him or her

Re: If You Love Someone, Would You Accept Their Faults Or Fixed It? by kandiikane(m): 7:13am On Sep 26, 2012
Lool, don't even try it. People think they can enter a relationship and try to change a person but it never works. You're just going to get hurt along the way.

There are behaviours that can just never be changed. It may be suppressed for a while but it always comes back up.

Re: If You Love Someone, Would You Accept Their Faults Or Fixed It? by vivianc(f): 8:03am On Sep 26, 2012
Provided its a fault I can condone I will accept him the way he is, if I can't condone it I'd take a walk! I ain't looking for who to fix!

Re: If You Love Someone, Would You Accept Their Faults Or Fixed It? by 190theclown: 8:07am On Sep 26, 2012
Rokiatu man don dey phuck up

Probably infidelity undecided
Re: If You Love Someone, Would You Accept Their Faults Or Fixed It? by Sijo01(f): 8:12am On Sep 26, 2012
Only when its fixable!

Re: If You Love Someone, Would You Accept Their Faults Or Fixed It? by Nobody: 9:03am On Sep 26, 2012
Sijo01: Only when its fixable!

+1
Re: If You Love Someone, Would You Accept Their Faults Or Fixed It? by CrazyMan(m): 10:01am On Sep 26, 2012
rokiatu: I am not talking about only physical appearance here, behaviour as well.

Please discuss.
When you love someone, you'd love everything about them, including their flaws.

Therefore you don't look for faults....You'd accept their faults and overlook their excuses.

You won't seek for answers, neither would you criticize them for mistakes...you'd rather fight the mistakes.

As for physical appearance, they say "beauty is in the eyes of the beholder" . Therefore you would overlook their physical defect and love them beyond possible imagination.

For the behaviour...they say "birds of same feather flock together" once it has been proven that you two can tolerate each other, I see no reason why you shouldn't be together.

The measure of love is when you love without measure. And I believe that there are rare chances that you'll meet the person you love and who loves you in return.

So if par-venture, you find such person, don't him/her go because the chance may never come your way again.

Re: If You Love Someone, Would You Accept Their Faults Or Fixed It? by cowgurl: 12:01pm On Sep 26, 2012
To be honest,
I can't help not fixing him up, am gonna engage all the romantic techniques v gat, talk about the power of a woman!
Re: If You Love Someone, Would You Accept Their Faults Or Fixed It? by Nobody: 4:10pm On Sep 26, 2012
CrazyMan:
When you love someone, you'd love everything about them, including their flaws.

Therefore you don't look for faults....You'd accept their faults and overlook their excuses.

You won't seek for answers, neither would you criticize them for mistakes...you'd rather fight the mistakes.

As for physical appearance, they say "beauty is in the eyes of the beholder" . Therefore you would overlook their physical defect and love them beyond possible imagination.

For the behaviour...they say "birds of same feather flock together" once it has been proven that you two can tolerate each other, I see no reason why you shouldn't be together.

The measure of love is when you love without measure. And I believe that there are rare chances that you'll meet the person you love and who loves you in return.

So if par-venture, you find such person, don't him/her go because the chance may never come your way again.
Wow man great answer.

Lets hope you luv your lover that way. tongue grin
Re: If You Love Someone, Would You Accept Their Faults Or Fixed It? by Alaafialoro(m): 11:55pm On Sep 26, 2012
Fix patner‘s fault - NO
Accept partner‘s fault - YES,only if I can cope & NO,if I can‘t cope.
Fixing(or changing) peoples fault is often an impossible mission.

Re: If You Love Someone, Would You Accept Their Faults Or Fixed It? by dontador(m): 12:35am On Sep 27, 2012
“You don't love someone because they're
perfect, you love them in spite of the fact
that they're not.”
Once you love someone, you will accept them with their faults not to try and fix it.
As for me, when I'm in love with some i won't bother looking for faults cause love they say is ”blind“. And, even if she has i won't try to fix it cause that's part of who they are. You better love them for that or you just walk away rather than trying to fix it.
Re: If You Love Someone, Would You Accept Their Faults Or Fixed It? by Mynd44: 12:57am On Sep 27, 2012
If the faults are fixzble and the person is ready to leave them behind, by all means go ahead. But some faults can't be fixed and so, you either live with it or leave the thing
Re: If You Love Someone, Would You Accept Their Faults Or Fixed It? by Nayah(f): 8:56am On Sep 27, 2012
Hi rokiatu
I think you can improve yourself and make concessions but not change completely cause everyone has his goods and bads. As for me, I can stand some "bads" like anger or disorder ( even though I hate that) but it will be difficult for lies, hypocrism and violence

Re: If You Love Someone, Would You Accept Their Faults Or Fixed It? by pendo89(f): 9:08am On Sep 27, 2012
Nayah: Hi rokiatu
I think you can improve yourself and make concessions but not change completely cause everyone has his goods and bads. As for me, I can stand some "bads" like anger or disorder ( even though I hate that) but it will be difficult for lies, hypocrism and violence

wewe! missed you big time.How have you have? smiley

@ thread.Some faults are detrimental to ones health in the long run.Esp those that affect your emotional well being.If one can't adjust then it's better not to sweat.Some though are bearable.With time you learn to live with the them till you can no longer see them.
Re: If You Love Someone, Would You Accept Their Faults Or Fixed It? by Nayah(f): 10:05am On Sep 27, 2012
pendo89:

wewe! missed you big time.How have you have? smiley

@ thread.Some faults are detrimental to ones health in the long run.Esp those that affect your emotional well being.If one can't adjust then it's better not to sweat.Some though are bearable.With time you learn to live with the them till you can no longer see them.

Habari my half Pendo always be there sweety !!! hope you've abandonned me cry but thank God you're still by my side cool cool cool
Love kiss kiss kiss
Re: If You Love Someone, Would You Accept Their Faults Or Fixed It? by Nobody: 10:08am On Sep 27, 2012
Nayah: Hi rokiatu

Good point Nayah.
Re: If You Love Someone, Would You Accept Their Faults Or Fixed It? by Nobody: 11:01am On Sep 27, 2012
I can‘t accept or fix a man‘s fault. The reason is my man must first of all accept ‘that thing‘ as a fault. He can then caution and manage it. Since it can‘t be permanently removed, we ll both work towards making it invisible and if he can‘t; i ll walk away.
If its a minor one, i wont walk away because to me, its no fault. Though to another, it might be a big problem.
In all it depends on personality and compatibility.
Re: If You Love Someone, Would You Accept Their Faults Or Fixed It? by greedie1(f): 11:46am On Sep 27, 2012
Fix ur partners fault? I daresay no one can. Ple change cz dey want to (could be cz der partners loved dem despite d flaws nd dey r lookin 4 ways to make it up) or cz God did it

If I love someone, I love his faults too cz dats what makes him who he is but der r some faults I can't bear nd in such case, I ll let him know my stand, give him time to change himself nd if he doesn't, I take a walk... I don't entertain hopes dat I can change him, I fear dat is beyond me
Re: If You Love Someone, Would You Accept Their Faults Or Fixed It? by Nobody: 11:57am On Sep 27, 2012
rokiatu: I am not talking about only physical appearance here, behaviour as well.

Please discuss.

Simply correct her in the best of Amiable Fashion wink
Re: If You Love Someone, Would You Accept Their Faults Or Fixed It? by Nobody: 3:05am On Nov 02, 2012
the only true option would be to "love it or leave it".

you cannot fix or change someone's flaws.
that task is up to them.

5 Reasons Nairaland Guys Bash Ladies / Chai, This Woman Just Made Another 'yahoo Boy' Richer / 11 Reasons Why Sex Is Painful For Some Women