Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,681 members, 7,955,519 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:06 AM

20 Reasons To Abandon Christianity (part 1) - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 20 Reasons To Abandon Christianity (part 1) (4341 Views)

Can A True Christian Abandon Christianity? / 20 Reasons To Abandon Christianity (part Two) / Educate Yourself And Abandon Christianity And Religion Altogether (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 20 Reasons To Abandon Christianity (part 1) by MacDaddy01: 1:34pm On Sep 30, 2012
KingMEXX: Common, yu can do better than dis. Why not continue answering questions 3 to d end huh?? Wats d matter, Cat cut yur tongue?? Why run away from those questions abi google dosent know d ansa?? Return bak to me wen yu figure out d ansas

Dumbazz, did I not tell you to read on evolution? Evolution explain the origins of human life back to unicellular organisms.

Read about reproduction to understand pregnancy.

Read baout the formation of solar systems and the earth to understand how oceans were formed. Oceans were formed from meteors and gasses.

Dont be ignorant. Learn this stuff on your own. You can expect me to wrte paragraphs explaining things to yu like a baby
Re: 20 Reasons To Abandon Christianity (part 1) by wiegraf: 2:49pm On Sep 30, 2012
KingMEXX: Why wont they sadden yu, because yu knw yur belief cant answer such questions or can yu gv it a shot at? Common, dnt hide yur knowledge only for yurself kikiki

Why are you proud of being ignorant? And probably stoopid as well? When you sneeze, do you still think that you're dispelling evil spirits from your body? You cover your mouth when you yawn so these winchies cannot enter your soul? Mayhaps you have a faith powered computer? Is the earth still flat, the universe revolving around it?
Read up on god of the gaps pls to help your cancer

1 Like

Re: 20 Reasons To Abandon Christianity (part 1) by Akwenukemarho(m): 7:24pm On Sep 30, 2012
My good people I apologise for the delay in posting the concluding part of this topic, but I have done that in another thread, so feel free to drop comments, thanks.
Re: 20 Reasons To Abandon Christianity (part 1) by truthislight: 7:34am On Oct 01, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Spacetime?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spacetime

what material is the outer space made of and you posted an illustrated image of planet earth?

Guy, am still waiting for you to come and show to me what my human eyes will see if am to observed the planet in orbit, will you?
Re: 20 Reasons To Abandon Christianity (part 1) by MacDaddy01: 7:41am On Oct 01, 2012
truthislight:

what material is the outer space made of and you posted an illustrated image of planet earth?

Guy, am still waiting for you to come and show to me what my human eyes will see if am to observed the planet in orbit, will you?

ignorance is a hell of a drug grin
Re: 20 Reasons To Abandon Christianity (part 1) by truthislight: 8:45am On Oct 01, 2012
MacDaddy01:

hmmm!

Some thing clean cannot come out from something dirty.

Did you just call me "ignorant"

when i simply asked you to explain what the view of the planet earth in orbit will look like since you had said that it is not empty, did i do wrong?

Gravitational pull +ve or -ve attraction or repulsion or attraction remain what it is round the univers.

On planet earth does it obstruct your view?
Or you can see through it and make sense of an object in front of you and or say that there is no object in front of you and as such meaning there is nothing though the force of gravity is all around you.

That this reality is use as a concept to described the suspension of planetary body that are kept in place via attraction and repulsion emanating from the planet in relation to each other as they spine through space and this force cannot be see with the eyes just as you on planet earth will see through gravitational forces and still say
"there is nothing in from of you" is now fallaciouse as you try to proof that all the bible says is false, shows the sort of individual you are.

If it is true that you see through gravitational force and described object in front of you or conclude that there is "nothing" in front of you, it stand to judge your honesty or dishonesty vis-a-vis the kind of person you are.

I detest dishonesty and hate lying but i dont thing you are my kind of person as is obvious From this glaring dishonesty of heart you have/carry.

A writer once said "that those the gods wants to kill they first of all make them mad"

i sincerely wish that this ^^^ will not be your lot.

MacDaddy01:

thanks for the insult, that is what you have to offer humanity.
Peace.

1 Like

Re: 20 Reasons To Abandon Christianity (part 1) by MacDaddy01: 8:49am On Oct 01, 2012
truthislight:

hmmm!

Some thing clean cannot come out from something dirty.

Did you just call me "ignorant"

when i simply asked you to explain what the view of the planet earth in orbit will look like since you had said that it is not empty, did i do wrong?

Gravitational pull +ve or -ve attraction or repulsion or attraction remain what it is round the univers.

On planet earth does it obstruct your view?
Or you can see through it and make sense of an object in front of you and or say that there is no object in front of you and as such meaning there is nothing though the force of gravity is all around you.

That this reality is use as a concept to described the suspension of planetary body that are kept in place via attraction and repulsion emanating from the planet in relation to each other as they spine through space and this force cannot be see with the eyes just as you on planet earth will see through gravitational forces and still say
"there is nothing in from of you" is now fallaciouse as you try to proof that all the bible says is false, shows the sort of individual you are.

If it is true that you see through gravitational force and described object in front of you or conclude that there is "nothing" in front of you, it stand to judge your honesty or dishonesty vis-a-vis the kind of person you are.

I detest honest and hate lying but i dont thing you are my kind of person as is obvious From this glaring dishonesty of heart you have/carry.

A writer once said "that those the gods wants to kill they first of all make them mad"

i sincerely wish that this ^^^ will not be your lot.

thanks for the insult, that is what you have to offer humanity.
Peace.

You wrote that epistle for nothing. I answered your question (spacetime is the answer) with a link and a picture for further explanation but did you read? NO!!! angry angry angry angry

Ignorant christian. Let me expose you to your foolishness and ignorance to my answer;

truthislight:

^^^
am interested in this, can you shade more?

Please, to aide your answer, what substance is the utter space made of?

Am waiting.
Thanks and Peace.

MacDaddy01:

Spacetime?

Re: 20 Reasons To Abandon Christianity (part 1) by truthislight: 10:53am On Oct 01, 2012
MacDaddy01:

You wrote that epistle for nothing. I answered your question (spacetime is the answer) with a link and a picture for further explanation but did you read? NO!!! angry angry angry angry

Ignorant christian. Let me expose you to your foolishness and ignorance to my answer;

How do you communicate?

MacDaddy01:
^^^
very effective way

You be the judge.
West of time.
Ciao.
Re: 20 Reasons To Abandon Christianity (part 1) by Akwenukemarho(m): 11:05am On Oct 01, 2012
Please guys take it easy, there should be no hard feelings.
Re: 20 Reasons To Abandon Christianity (part 1) by MuhammedAladim: 12:03pm On Oct 01, 2012
@Akwenuke marho

u took another persons research work. apparently christianity is not what they wrote
Re: 20 Reasons To Abandon Christianity (part 1) by Akwenukemarho(m): 12:48pm On Oct 01, 2012
Muhammed Aladim: @Akwenuke marho

u took another persons research work. apparently christianity is not what they wrote

whose research work did I take? And this article is about christianity, if u read it thoroughly u'll see.
Re: 20 Reasons To Abandon Christianity (part 1) by TheMadame(f): 3:32pm On Oct 01, 2012
OP,
I have always had issues with the scare tatics of Christianity,even though I am a Christian. As a child I always had an image of everlasting torture in an eternal lake of fire prepared by the Devil,while he continued to stoke the fire and poke sinners with a large pitch fork. While I do not claim to have answers,the image of eternal fire punishjment,clearly contradictys the idea of a loving and forgiving God.

1 Like

Re: 20 Reasons To Abandon Christianity (part 1) by Akbar10: 4:37pm On Oct 01, 2012
several things are involved in this issue-
1. a lot of wrong has been done in the name of xtianity, which truth always catch up with,as the Inquisitions of the dark ages show, as well as the Crusades against Muslims to liberate Jerusalem. Isnt it however worthy of note that the dark ages was ended by a return to Biblical xtianity, in the Reformation pioneered by Martin Luther, et al?

2. worthy of note as well is that the industrial revolution began almost immediately after the Reformation, and in the same Germany!

3. truly there was a list of prohibited books by the Catholic church in the darkmages, but do you know that the Bible headed that list? the dark ages was not xtianity being anti-progress, it was rather mankind's inherent greed and wickedness being sponsored by the prevailing religious organization of the day. a return to the Bible was the only thing that released mankind from such wickedness.science was not so much the target as a knowledge of God which always makes people to rise up and embrace freedom and enlightenement

4. many xtians may have failed God, as i writing has done many times, but the standards of God and right living do not change. Abortion may be a hot issue, but if u have ever had an abortion, or interacted with one who has(again, i have done so), you will understand that anti-abortion outbursts are for the best. the way it is carried on may be coloured by bigotry, but abortion has never been in the best interests of the lady involved, even her body tells her that.

i cant rejoin all your issues here, but i will summarize by saying what any man does is not enof reason to take ur own eternal question lightly
Re: 20 Reasons To Abandon Christianity (part 1) by wiegraf: 7:07pm On Oct 01, 2012
Akbar10: several things are involved in this issue-
1. a lot of wrong has been done in the name of xtianity, which truth always catch up with,as the Inquisitions of the dark ages show, as well as the Crusades against Muslims to liberate Jerusalem. Isnt it however worthy of note that the dark ages was ended by a return to Biblical xtianity, in the Reformation pioneered by Martin Luther, et al?

2. worthy of note as well is that the industrial revolution began almost immediately after the Reformation, and in the same Germany!

3. truly there was a list of prohibited books by the Catholic church in the darkmages, but do you know that the Bible headed that list? the dark ages was not xtianity being anti-progress, it was rather mankind's inherent greed and wickedness being sponsored by the prevailing religious organization of the day. a return to the Bible was the only thing that released mankind from such wickedness.science was not so much the target as a knowledge of God which always makes people to rise up and embrace freedom and enlightenement

4. many xtians may have failed God, as i writing has done many times, but the standards of God and right living do not change. Abortion may be a hot issue, but if u have ever had an abortion, or interacted with one who has(again, i have done so), you will understand that anti-abortion outbursts are for the best. the way it is carried on may be coloured by bigotry, but abortion has never been in the best interests of the lady involved, even her body tells her that.

i cant rejoin all your issues here, but i will summarize by saying what any man does is not enof reason to take ur own eternal question lightly

In summary the bible is the only good source of morality, and you speak for all women? Same bible you claim aided the renaissance etc also aided the dark ages, vastly. It is no better than other moral systems, worse than many as it's based on dogma, 2000 year old society, superstitions and other risible stuff. What universal 'truths' does it have? Why, a version of the golden rule, available long before xtianity and will continue be available so long as sentient communities exist.
Re: 20 Reasons To Abandon Christianity (part 1) by Akwenukemarho(m): 7:17pm On Oct 01, 2012
TheMadame: OP,
I have always had issues with the scare tatics of Christianity,even though I am a Christian. As a child I always had an image of everlasting torture in an eternal lake of fire prepared by the Devil,while he continued to stoke the fire and poke sinners with a large pitch fork. While I do not claim to have answers,the image of eternal fire punishjment,clearly contradictys the idea of a loving and forgiving God.
you are right to question the dual nature of the christian God, in part two, u'll see that the bible is a very contradictory book and is thus responsible for the misleading notions of a loving Christian God. Keep on asking questions and d truth will come to u.
Re: 20 Reasons To Abandon Christianity (part 1) by Akwenukemarho(m): 7:25pm On Oct 01, 2012
Akbar10: several things are involved in this issue-

I want u to take note of a scripture in the bible that says "a good tree cannot bring forth bad fruits" and in the same vain, a house built on a faulty foundation is bound to collapse, christianity has caused more harm than good, and it's responsible for the slow progress of mankind. We owe all the things that we enjoy presently in this world today to science, we practice democracy today which is social science, we have rights to say and do whatever we want today as long as it conforms to the law. All these things were abominable in the dark ages because of christianity. But today we are benefiting from science. Science has done what Christianity could not do, science cured sicknesses Christianity could not cure, the list is endless, so my brother Christianity should be reviewed critically.
Re: 20 Reasons To Abandon Christianity (part 1) by Akwenukemarho(m): 7:26pm On Oct 01, 2012
wiegraf:

In summary the bible is the only good source of morality, and you speak for all women? Same bible you claim aided the renaissance etc also aided the dark ages, vastly. It is no better than other moral systems, worse than many as it's based on dogma, 2000 year old society, superstitions and other risible stuff. What universal 'truths' does it have? Why, a version of the golden rule, available long before xtianity and will continue be available so long as sentient communities exist.
gbam!!! U don knack d nail for head. Correct guy!!!
Re: 20 Reasons To Abandon Christianity (part 1) by wiegraf: 7:59pm On Oct 01, 2012
Akwenuke marho: gbam!!! U don knack d nail for head. Correct guy!!!

It seems to me good ser, they don't think these things out properly, or there's an element of wishful thinking. Good intentions are fine, but they are not good enough...
Re: 20 Reasons To Abandon Christianity (part 1) by bigmaut: 8:05pm On Oct 01, 2012
How does dis lenghty jargon affect d price of Ewa in d mkt

1 Like

Re: 20 Reasons To Abandon Christianity (part 1) by Akwenukemarho(m): 8:35pm On Oct 01, 2012
bigmaut: How does dis lenghty jargon affect d price of Ewa in d mkt
I believe the right question should be how will this lenghty jargon reduce the price of beans in the market,
Re: 20 Reasons To Abandon Christianity (part 1) by Akwenukemarho(m): 8:35pm On Oct 01, 2012
bigmaut: How does dis lenghty jargon affect d price of Ewa in d mkt
bros on a serious note, the price of beans has gone up, and it's now very strange, na only rich people dey eat beans now. But pls let's not derail this thread.
Re: 20 Reasons To Abandon Christianity (part 1) by Akwenukemarho(m): 8:40pm On Oct 01, 2012
wiegraf:

It seems to me good ser, they don't think these things out properly, or there's an element of wishful thinking. Good intentions are fine, but they are not good enough...
please help me tell them.
Re: 20 Reasons To Abandon Christianity (part 1) by MistadeRegal(m): 1:57pm On Oct 07, 2012
Many of you will not understand but when this coming tribulation is over in the 1335th day you will know and understand that
*JESUS IS THE WAY TO SALVATION
*HEAVEN IS REAL
*HELL IS REAL
For now you can do whatever you like. Look at the sky like there is no tomorrow.
But the day is coming when you shall look up at the sky weep for your mistakes.
Re: 20 Reasons To Abandon Christianity (part 1) by MacDaddy01: 2:09pm On Oct 07, 2012
Mistade Regal: Many of you will not understand but when this coming tribulation is over in the 1335th day you will know and understand that
*JESUS IS THE WAY TO SALVATION
*HEAVEN IS REAL
*HELL IS REAL
For now you can do whatever you like. Look at the sky like there is no tomorrow.
But the day is coming when you shall look up at the sky weep for your mistakes.

lol....when the christain dococtrine fails, threaten them with hell!
Re: 20 Reasons To Abandon Christianity (part 1) by UyiIredia(m): 9:00pm On Sep 04, 2013
MacDaddy01:

Spacetime?

The nonsense that makes you think space is physical.
Re: 20 Reasons To Abandon Christianity (part 1) by Nobody: 9:06pm On Sep 04, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

The nonsense that makes you think space is physical.

#Seriously dude? You still nursing butthurt?
Re: 20 Reasons To Abandon Christianity (part 1) by Nobody: 2:54am On Sep 05, 2013
Jeez...who raised this thread from the dead?
Re: 20 Reasons To Abandon Christianity (part 1) by virginboy1(m): 8:07pm On Feb 08, 2016
KingMEXX:
My dear friend, truth be told dat every religion claims to be right even atheism and so dnt bring in d blame game here. Yu atheists have been on d neck of Christians not becos of yur excuse stated above buh becos yu believ dat Christians have seen d light and are followin d right part. If yu feel its a lie, why arent yu atheists obsessed wit Islam or Hinduism d way yur obsessed wit Christianity? Whyt haven't yu atheists attacked dose religions d way yu've attacked Christians?? It is obvious dat yu atheists were former Christians who deviated, and nw are lookin for yur own members. Yu atheists tink dat convertin as many ppl to your belief wuld make such beliefs ryt and just? Am sorry my friend, it doesnt work like dat. We are deep rooted to our Religion, and on d last day we wuld knw who ws right or wrong. God bless you my friend!
Will you be happy seeing your fellow species burning in hell? Moreover are you married?If no are you a virgin?thanks
Re: 20 Reasons To Abandon Christianity (part 1) by UyiIredia(m): 9:08pm On Feb 08, 2016
virginboy1:

Will you be happy seeing your fellow species burning in hell? Moreover are you married?If no are you a virgin?thanks

Ol boy I go dry happy o. If ddm like make dem call me psychopath. When we were spending on r precious time to plead and warn them they were laffing and feeling Behind so if they roast I go dey stroll from heaven reach their side to laugh at their stupidity.
Re: 20 Reasons To Abandon Christianity (part 1) by virginboy1(m): 7:00am On Feb 09, 2016
UyiIredia:

Ol boy I go dry happy o. If ddm like make dem call me psychopath. When we were spending on r precious time to plead and warn them they were laffing and feeling Behind so if they roast I go dey stroll from heaven reach their side to laugh at their stupidity.
lol, this must be a joke.
Moreover, how you take know say you go enter Heaven where be say you don taste puna
Re: 20 Reasons To Abandon Christianity (part 1) by Niflheim(m): 5:24am On Feb 13, 2016
@akwenukemarho, your post is very enlightening, especially the part of the christian Saint that worms used to drop out of his body!!! I agree with all the 10 points!!! Imagine women being blamed for thunderstorms!!!
Re: 20 Reasons To Abandon Christianity (part 1) by Nobody: 10:05am On Mar 13, 2016
virginboy1:

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God, and die to find out there isn't, Than to live my life as if there isn't, and die to find out there is."

That's my quote for yu bro. I'll rather be called a fool and have the best laugh on the last day.
I don't know how those questions yu asked relate, but it is not anybody's thrill or enjoyment to see yur fellow human burn in hell and that is why the words and music of salvation are continuously being sounded and sang in all churches, the streets and every gathering of people. God is reaching out now to everybody, He is giving everyone a chance to be saved by just confessing that yu believe in Jesus Christ our Lord who died for our sins. The hour of grace may not last very long.
I am single and a celibate at the moment, I don't think I intend being for life though.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mankind And God. / See What The Muslims Worship / Brain Or Spirit: What Makes A Man A Living Being?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.