Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,008 members, 7,821,536 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

20 Reasons To Abandon Christianity (part 1) - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 20 Reasons To Abandon Christianity (part 1) (4230 Views)

Can A True Christian Abandon Christianity? / 20 Reasons To Abandon Christianity (part Two) / Educate Yourself And Abandon Christianity And Religion Altogether (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: 20 Reasons To Abandon Christianity (part 1) by virginboy1(m): 3:21pm On Mar 13, 2016
KingMEXX:
"I would rather live my life as if there is a God, and die to find out there isn't, Than to live my life as if there isn't, and die to find out there is."

That's my quote for yu bro. I'll rather be called a fool and have the best laugh on the last day.
I don't know how those questions yu asked relate, but it is not anybody's thrill or enjoyment to see yur fellow human burn in hell and that is why the words and music of salvation are continuously being sounded and sang in all churches, the streets and every gathering of people. God is reaching out now to everybody, He is giving everyone a chance to be saved by just confessing that yu believe in Jesus Christ our Lord who died for our sins. The hour of grace may not last very long.
I am single and a celibate at the moment, I don't think I intend being for life though.

Awesome, I like the way you answered me. I have my reasons for asking such questions even though they seem unrelated to you.
Do you think in Nigeria present clime an average entity can easily make Heaven seeing the way people are being frustrated ,perplexed,being coined,paranoid,depressed ,living in misery, sex starved and depressed?Remember "a loyal person should not be pushed to a point whereby he will no longer give a damn"
Moreover, you are a celibate,congrats, because I intended to be one before hormonal pressure started pressing on me. I can decipher you choose to be one because fear of Hell. If not how do you suppressed the urges?
Re: 20 Reasons To Abandon Christianity (part 1) by Nobody: 7:01am On Mar 14, 2016
virginboy1:

Awesome, I like the way you answered me. I have my reasons for asking such questions even though they seem unrelated to you.
Do you think in Nigeria present clime an average entity can easily make Heaven seeing the way people are being frustrated ,perplexed,being coined,paranoid,depressed ,living in misery, sex starved and depressed?Remember "a loyal person should not be pushed to a point whereby he will no longer give a damn"
Moreover, you are a celibate,congrats, because I intended to be one before hormonal pressure started pressing on me. I can decipher you choose to be one because fear of Hell. If not how do you suppressed the urges?

John 16:33 “These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world.”
One can only be troubled by such anxiety if he places his hopes on the world. This world is filled with enough bad news that can give a 50 yr old a heart attack.

Here's another passage which warns us about the things of the world
1 Jn 2 15-17
"Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world—the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride in possessions—is not from the Father but is from the world. And the world is passing away along with its desires, but whoever does the will of God abides forever."
I'm a Christian, and I'm no way near perfect. I have my flaws which I'm not proud of, but my path towards salvation is a gradual process.
I'm sorry if my post is becoming too lengthy.
As for the celibacy issue, I'm sorry but I didn't keep to it for the fear of hell because it doesn't guaranty Heaven either. Sex is not bad, in fact Sex is pure only when done at the right time (in marriage) and with the right one (yur spouse).
My hormones still function fully and my sexual urges are still there, at least it should cos I'm a human. I've learnt to dismiss such sexual thoughts as quickly as they come. I have grown to realise that its all in our head. Once yu can gain total control of yur thoughts, yu can conquer every urge be it as it may. Even the bible (1 Corinth. 10 vs 13) tells us that for every temptation we face, God has given us a way out and there is no temptation that is greater than us.
Another thing I know is the type of company yu keep. If yu have friends that talk a lot about sex and make it seem normal to yu, yu become gradually brainwashed into believing so. We live in a perverse society where abomination is Right and then Uprightness is condemnable.
"Whoever walks with the wise becomes wise, but the companion of fools will suffer harm."...From the book of proverbs
At the end of the day, yu are the one to make the decision. It is up to yu to say NO to whatever that makes yu feel uncomfortable, no one will do it for yu.
other passages to consult
2 Corinth 6 vs 14
1 Corinth 5 vs 11 to 13

I'm so so sorry it had to be this lengthy, pls bear with me.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Incorruptibility Of Saints (Bodies Defying Decomposition After Death)- Opinions? / From Christianity To Deism And Back / Open Your Heart To Lucifer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.