Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,614 members, 7,770,632 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 12:16 PM

Abia Governorship Race - Road To 2015 - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia Governorship Race - Road To 2015 (12819 Views)

Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment / INEC Declares Ikpeazu Winner Of Abia Governorship Election / Abia Governorship Election Online Poll! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abia Governorship Race - Road To 2015 by Antivirus92(m): 4:45am On Sep 28, 2012
Okija_juju:

Okay, I'm not from Anambra state according to you.. How does that affect the price of Peugeot spareparts at Nnewi!? Nwokem, we are discussing Abia State politics here, obuna I nwero ezigbo okwu na onu gi, zuzulu bulu onwe gi si na thread a' puo.. Nikita ara di ka gi angry
ibu ewu. You speak igbo more than the igbos themselves with alot of grammatical errors. Go to kaduna,kano,nassarawa,niger,plateau,gombe etc and represent ur people! Ezi. Nothing good can come from north ,so leave us alone. TRAITOR
Re: Abia Governorship Race - Road To 2015 by Nobody: 7:04am On Sep 28, 2012
emindu: THERE comes a time in the history of a people when God blesses them with a leader with a particular mandate. For the people of Abia, aptly called God’s Own State, there is every indication that the supplication of the people unto their Maker for a divine lifting of afflicted yoke caused by long period of political and economic slavery has attracted divine intervention.
The result today is a true reflection of the Biblical saying that when the righteous are on the throne, the people rejoice. For Governor Theodore Orji, under whose administration the state has seen the total paradigm shift in both governance and content of service delivery, the abundance of God’s mercy upon him and the mandate cannot be over-emphasised.
From a fluttering beginning due to known consequence of deceitful political alliance akin to the kind of marriage between the cow and the butcher, governance and service delivery in a democratic setting had a huge question mark. However, with determination and rare courage though not without pockets of adulterated opposition, the Governor was able to rescue the state from the chambers of dark forces. Then came his vow and promise to the people of the state to hold him accountable for all actions and inaction(s) of his administration. With just a year into his second term of office, Governor Orji has left no one in doubt that indeed some dark forces were the cogs on the wheels of the progress of the state.
Within the period under review, the proportion of infrastructural development in the state has witnessed a high commensurate yield which has also left few opposing scoundrels in the state with no other option than to merely haul sand to give the impression that it is fulfilling all righteousness. From the massive infrastructures being put up in the state capital city Umuahia, to the courageous tackling of the infrastructural challenges in Aba the commercial heart beat of the state and the entire East, the present administration has left no one in doubt of its mission.

Just recently, Governor Orji etched his regime’s name in gold when it took care of a perennial problem that had defied solution to previous administrations in the state in the last 20 years. The popular Ukwu-Mango leading into Ariaria which had before now turned into a forest due to its impregnable nature, has today become a beautiful thorough fare for commuters. Hate or like him, the impact of the actualised dream will for a very long time remain evergreen in the minds of the residents of the city. The glory, of course, knows its destination. The residents of Aba have never had it so good.
Under the same period, the Governor had rehabilitated the Ama-Ogbenna, Okigwe road, the Osusu- Omuma Road, which roads were in the year 2000 “politically” commissioned by the then Vice-President, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar. From Osusu, the story moved to Danfodio by East, to Our Lady of Lourdes, and the Old Express by Samek. The government in response to the welfare of students and staff of the Abia State Polytechnic Aba, constructed an over-head bridge to reduce the rate of vehicular accidents in front of the campus.
Coming to the state capital, the story has truly changed. People of Amaeke where burials are held only during dry seasons have heaved a sigh of great relief. The non-existing Amaeke road that could better pass as a slave-trade route has been fully rehabilitated and commissioned. It is even an unbelievable story for people of Ukome and Mbom where Nwa-bekee (local reference to development) has eventually visited. For the years that they had existed, Mbom has never seen a tarred road since creation. Same story is now told in Emede who for many decades have survived through “jump and pass” infrastructural development. Still counting, it is positive turn-around for the World-Bank-Agbama Road, Umuafai-Lodu-Ahiaeke road, Okwuta-Isieke, Okwoyi-Iyienyi as well as the Nkata-Alike Umukabia-Ohuhu road.
In the Southern Senatorial Zone, the century-old adage that there is no short route to Aro (an acronym for Arochukwu) is no longer obtainable. Under Ochendo, the long stretch Arochukwu road from Ndi-Uduma Awoke in OhafiA Local Government is now being constructed.

This is in addition to the Amaekpu-Okagwe road in same Ohafia. It is equally a historic account from Ndi Okorie Abam down to Ndi- Itu. One striking feature in Abia is that the road constructions are carried out by contractors who upon the award of the jobs get instant mobilisation. This is a sharp contrast from the reigning college manual labour roads in some neighbouring states.
As we read this, the state government is very responsive of the need to ensure that all arms of government are functioning optimally, hence the need for human and capacity building. The state workforce is patiently waiting for the completion and commissioning of the State Secretariat with a complete over-haul of the old one. This is just as the two cities of Aba and Umuahia are seeing the eloquent presence of the judiciary made manifest with the dual construction of two gigantic High Court complexes.
The health sector record is a positive statement already made, hence it would be trite to begin fresh enumeration.
It is nothing to the residents of the State that despite all the efforts of the State government, the government is still under the attack and bad press of a few. It is also quite amusing that some whiff of criticism comes from some ignorant sections outside the state. This is essentially from those who felt they should join the fray because there is a bandwagon rush.

Paid tout. May the type of work T.A Orji is doind in Abia state may your family experience it. say Amen if you agree

3 Likes

Re: Abia Governorship Race - Road To 2015 by plantation(m): 7:35am On Sep 28, 2012
For the sake of his record and exploits while serving as the Vice Chancellor of Abia State University.. Prof. Mkpa Agu Mkpa is a man with the midas touch. Am strongly routing for him to turn around the fortunes of Abians come 2015
Re: Abia Governorship Race - Road To 2015 by ujchief(m): 7:57am On Sep 28, 2012
afam4eva:
Aunty Ngozi is from Anioma and not Abia. It's her husband that's from Abia.
afam, are u the one typing these or someone hacked ur i.d? Do i need to teach u social studies meant for js2 students?
Re: Abia Governorship Race - Road To 2015 by Nobody: 8:07am On Sep 28, 2012
Ikuku, his son will be better to go 4 it properly ds time cheesy. The naughty boy is actually wreckin d State in his father's guise. Most Igbo people are silly and dickheads, self-centred humans that's why they cannot write petitions and make gud pple reach d position because the situation is "If my family is comfortable, i don't care about any other person." mtschew. Political orientation==> ZERO.
Worst state-ever, (technology and development-wise in NIGERIA)==>Abia State.
Re: Abia Governorship Race - Road To 2015 by Afam4eva(m): 8:23am On Sep 28, 2012
ujchief:
afam, are u the one typing these or someone hacked ur i.d? Do i need to teach u social studies meant for js2 students?
Nna, pls teach me, i want to learn.
Re: Abia Governorship Race - Road To 2015 by chino24: 9:40am On Sep 28, 2012
Antivirus92: ibu ewu. You speak igbo more than the igbos themselves with alot of grammatical errors. Go to kaduna,kano,nassarawa,niger,plateau,gombe etc and represent ur people! Ezi. Nothing good can come from north ,so leave us alone. TRAITOR

This is rather harsh. He nwanne anyi.

Please show some respect for nwanne..Dalu
Re: Abia Governorship Race - Road To 2015 by Antivirus92(m): 9:47am On Sep 28, 2012
chino24:

This is rather harsh. He nwanne anyi.

Please show some respect for nwanne..Dalu
chino i have known this guy for a long now. This is the problem with we igbos,we are easily deceived. Can u believe that the number of threads that guy have fought against the igbos(anambra in particular) is far more numerous than the ones he supported the igbos. He is a TRAITOR! Don't be surprise that he can make a u-turn against ndi anambra in this particular thread.

1 Like

Re: Abia Governorship Race - Road To 2015 by Afam4eva(m): 9:50am On Sep 28, 2012
Antivirus92: chino i have known this guy for a long now. This is the problem with we igbos,we are easily deceived. Can u believe that the number of threads that guy have fought against the igbos(anambra in particular) is far more numerous than the ones he supported the igbos. He is a TRAITOR! Don't be surprise that he can make a u-turn against ndi anambra in this particular thread.
Okija has never fought Igbos but has denigrated some people and things that Igbos hold in high esteem. That doesn't mean he's not Igbo because i've come across Igbos who share similar belief system with him. This is the internet and there's really no way we can ascertain who is Igbo and who's not. So, we may just have to judge by the person's understanding of Igboland and it's language.
Re: Abia Governorship Race - Road To 2015 by Antivirus92(m): 10:01am On Sep 28, 2012
afam4eva:
Okija has never fought Igbos but has denigrated some people and things that Igbos hold in high esteem. That doesn't mean he's not Igbo because i've come across Igbos who share similar belief system with him. This is the internet and there's really no way we can ascertain who is Igbo and who's not. So, we may just have to judge by the person's understanding of Igboland and it's language.
am i ur next target? I will definitely make nairaland a boring place to you. I can do it a million times. Just look at how you twisted the english to favour him which means i don't know what i am saying.
Re: Abia Governorship Race - Road To 2015 by chino24: 10:13am On Sep 28, 2012
Antivirus92: chino i have known this guy for a long now. This is the problem with we igbos,we are easily deceived. Can u believe that the number of threads that guy have fought against the igbos(anambra in particular) is far more numerous than the ones he supported the igbos. He is a TRAITOR! Don't be surprise that he can make a u-turn against ndi anambra in this particular thread.

The problem is that we confuse him for Al_haram. I think they are not one and the same person..
Re: Abia Governorship Race - Road To 2015 by Antivirus92(m): 10:18am On Sep 28, 2012
chino24:

The problem is that we confuse him for Al_haram. I think they are not one and the same person..
no i don't! I think alj-harem is the same with alj-uche even though sometimes they really behave alike with okija juju. They may be the same person though not sure. Ndu-chucks also fall within that bracket. They are all TRAITORS!
Re: Abia Governorship Race - Road To 2015 by chino24: 10:24am On Sep 28, 2012
Antivirus92: no i don't! I think alj-harem is the same with alj-uche even though sometimes they really behave alike with okija juju. They may be the same person though not sure. Ndu-chucks also fall within that bracket. They are all TRAITORS!

Ok..but do you know that sometimes in the past some persons on NL assumed that am one and same person as Al_haram..?

That been said I know that Ndu_chuks and Al_haram are one and the same person, but the person of Okija_juju is likely an Igbo from Anambra. I have taken time to study and appraise him on NL, you know am the watch-dog of NL when it concerns issues regarding Anambra..

With time we will know more..
Re: Abia Governorship Race - Road To 2015 by Antivirus92(m): 10:30am On Sep 28, 2012
chino24:

Ok..but do you know that sometimes in the past some persons on NL assumed that am one and same person as Al_haram..?

That been said I know that Ndu_chuks and Al_haram are one and the same person, but the person of Okija_juju is likely an Igbo from Anambra. I have taken time to study and appraise him on NL, you know am the watch-dog of NL when it concerns issues regarding Anambra..

With time we will know more..
okay let me believe u. Okwukwe bu onyinye mmuo chukwu ji eme ogo.
Re: Abia Governorship Race - Road To 2015 by Antivirus92(m): 10:32am On Sep 28, 2012
If he's igbo and anambra then i am sorry for everything.
Re: Abia Governorship Race - Road To 2015 by chino24: 10:37am On Sep 28, 2012
^

Ok..ka anyi biri n' udo..
Re: Abia Governorship Race - Road To 2015 by Okijajuju1(m): 11:17am On Sep 28, 2012
Antivirus92: ibu ewu. You speak igbo more than the igbos themselves with alot of grammatical errors. Go to kaduna,kano,nassarawa,niger,plateau,gombe etc and represent ur people! Ezi. Nothing good can come from north ,so leave us alone. TRAITOR

Ochi ato gbuela'm o!! Nna!! Biko gba ara'm o!! Ike e'sem okwu adiro'm!!..

1 Like

Re: Abia Governorship Race - Road To 2015 by feeding34: 11:26am On Sep 28, 2012
afam4eva: We all know the calamity that has befallen Abia state since this republic and it even got worse since Theodoore Orji assumed the governorship seat in Abia state. many of us hoped that after his first term Ndi-Abia will realize their mistakes and vote for someone else but unfortunately for progressives in Igboland and Nigeria, that was not to be as this man was returned unopposed and is on a mission to return Abia state to the stone age.

I noticed that one reason why orji was returned is because there was no popular candidate that contested for that seat and the gubernatorial race just looked like a one way street with no fierce opposition whatsoever. Anyways, we have no choice but to wait for him to finish his tenure. But why we do so, we should suggest names that we think will be useful in 2015. Who do we want to be the contenders come 2015.

We have to do this in order to save Abia from it's current situation. We need at least a leader in mould of Chime or Okorocha in Abia. never again will Abia be taken for granted. Ndi Abia and Ndi Igbo stand up and be counted as the catalyst that will forge a positive front for Abia state.

I know there is a Good Abian somewhere who have the people mind also have there money not like this ones that just come to dic. In time

1 Like

Re: Abia Governorship Race - Road To 2015 by eaglechild: 12:28pm On Sep 28, 2012
Abia and Ebonyi are like INFESTED WOUNDS on the the body of ndigbo.
We need to procure a remedy fast, before they sicken the whole body.
(Imo is becoming feverish already!)
Unfortunately, after looking around there seems to be no politician worthy to take up that mantle of leadership in these states!
They may well have to seek the help of their sister states.
Re: Abia Governorship Race - Road To 2015 by Afam4eva(m): 12:32pm On Sep 28, 2012
eaglechild: Abia and Ebonyi are like INFESTED WOUNDS on the the body of ndigbo.
We need to procure a remedy fast, before they sicken the whole body.
(Imo is becoming feverish already!)
Unfortunately, after looking around there seems to be no politician worthy to take up that mantle of leadership in these states!
They may well have to seek the help of their sister states.
There seems to be doesn't mean there aren't. I think citizens of Abi and Ebonyi who are making waves outisde the shores of this country will have to come back.
Re: Abia Governorship Race - Road To 2015 by eaglechild: 12:40pm On Sep 28, 2012
afam4eva:
There seems to be doesn't mean there aren't. I think citizens of Abi and Ebonyi who are making waves outisde the shores of this country will have to come back.
Pls i need names!!
Like u said maybe there are UNKNOWN citizens that have good intentions for the state esp in the diaspora.
However, this is Nigerian politics we are talking about.
They need to start now to align with state politics, which for many of the honest ones, is a huge sacrifice, that may mar their image.
That is why i say that i dont see ANYBODY suited for the job NOW!
What a BLEAK FUTURE!!
Re: Abia Governorship Race - Road To 2015 by Okijajuju1(m): 3:52pm On Sep 28, 2012
From what I am seeing on this thread so far, its obvious that. ABIA STATE IS IN TROUBLE.. I would have thrown my support behind Ihejirika, but its apparent that even in Abia State, zoning seems to be a problem.. In my books, what Abia state needs is an Economist. Someone who can harness the potentials of that city and blow it up.. With the way its looking Abia State may still suffer yet another 4 years of bullshit leadership, if care isnt taken.. ..
Re: Abia Governorship Race - Road To 2015 by saintohia: 3:57pm On Sep 28, 2012
@ Emindu,

Stop talking trash, T.A Orji is even worse than Orji Kalu, the last time I went to Aba some time this year, I cried.

The entire Aba is like a state government doesn't exist. What's the guy doing with all the allocation he's been collecting? The roads condition gives an impression that the governor is either caused or the most dumb leader of the 21st century.
Re: Abia Governorship Race - Road To 2015 by saintohia: 4:08pm On Sep 28, 2012
In terms of good governance rating, Abia State is the worst state on earth.

I hope Abians have learnt their lesson, & should be looking @ the best candidate to redefine and position that state which has the capability of competing with China. Someone that would bring the popularly called Japan of Africa to actualization.

@ emindu,

Stop being a fool and grow up. Iwu ewu?
Re: Abia Governorship Race - Road To 2015 by Okijajuju1(m): 4:12pm On Sep 28, 2012
saintohia: In terms of good governance rating, Abia State is the worst state on earth.

I hope Abians have learnt their lesson, & should be looking @ the best candidate to redefine and position that state which has the capability of competing with China. Someone that would bring the popularly called Japan of Africa to actualization.

@ emindu,

AFAM!! Did you hear this guy say Abia state has the potentials of competing with China... grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Abia Governorship Race - Road To 2015 by GARRIx7(m): 4:18pm On Sep 28, 2012
saintohia: In terms of good governance rating, Abia State is the worst state on earth.

@ emindu,

All the schools you ever attended should be burnt down ASAP
Re: Abia Governorship Race - Road To 2015 by Afam4eva(m): 4:21pm On Sep 28, 2012
Okija_juju:
AFAM!! Did you hear this guy say Abia state has the potentials of competing with China... grin grin grin grin grin grin
lol grin i think what he means is that Aba has the capablity of competing with China in a particular niche as it relates to manufacturing. Don't forget that Aba made wears are similar to China made ones. There's nothing that's impossible.
Re: Abia Governorship Race - Road To 2015 by saintohia: 4:27pm On Sep 28, 2012
@ Okija_juju

Given same playing ground (equipment, support, technology, policy, etc) a Chinese item is not better than made in Aba goods.

Don't forget that Aba uses same skill ( trick) to produce what ever they set their eyes on, huh ... Lol.
Re: Abia Governorship Race - Road To 2015 by saintohia: 4:32pm On Sep 28, 2012
@ Garri x4

You miss understood me, China 30 years ago is not China of today, they started some where to be existing at the level they're now.
Re: Abia Governorship Race - Road To 2015 by Okijajuju1(m): 4:33pm On Sep 28, 2012
saintohia: @ Okija_juju

Given same playing ground (equipment, support, technology, policy, etc) a Chinese item is not better than made in Aba goods.

Don't forget that Aba uses same skill ( trick) to produce what ever they set their eyes on, huh ... Lol.

AFAM!!!!!!! Biko beg this guy to stop... I cant take this anymore......

Re: Abia Governorship Race - Road To 2015 by saintohia: 4:41pm On Sep 28, 2012
@ Okija_juju

Slow down, what's going on?
Re: Abia Governorship Race - Road To 2015 by Okijajuju1(m): 5:08pm On Sep 28, 2012
saintohia: @ Okija_juju

Slow down, what's going on?

Nwannem!! I'm very cool!!! But your posts na heavy comedy!! ..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Abiola’s Wife Emerge UPN Lagos Governorship Candidate / More Pictures Of Kemi Surfaces Online- Picture / PDP Senators Reject Bayelsa, Kogi Election Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.