Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,754 members, 7,813,492 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:59 PM

Army Officers Who Sold Weapons To Militants - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Officers Who Sold Weapons To Militants (5937 Views)

‘biafra Agitation Response To Militants Threatening To Islamize Nigeria-vanguard / Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers / Nsa Gen. Azazi Implicated In Selling Arms To Militants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Army Officers Who Sold Weapons To Militants by onilanre(m): 8:44am On Jan 19, 2008
Na wao shocked who do we trust now? is it the military or the politician? Where are we going in this country. We need divine help from the ABOVE
Re: Army Officers Who Sold Weapons To Militants by Echidime(m): 9:19am On Jan 19, 2008
I thought only Igbo's love money than human life,so Hausa's and Yoruba's do the same too,to the extent of wanting to kill all Nigerians because of money. grin grin grin
Re: Army Officers Who Sold Weapons To Militants by otanaworld: 9:23am On Jan 19, 2008
Each time I come across people discussing the Niger Delta issue, I have always been forced to look the other way because many of the opinions will always want to paint the picture of the "Criminal Niger Delta Militants" but, hey, wait a minute, the Federal Government and the Multinationals that have deprived the area of ALL basic good things of life are not often touched in the discussions. Whether the army officers provided the ammunitions or not, it is left for the army authority to apply their justice, but, what motivate these personnel to provide these arms, if it is out of the just cause to liberate the region from the age long oppressions, then let it be.

Recently, we are reading from the dailies how OBJ son has been seriously involved in contracts of the NDDC, ask me, how many of such contracts are properly executed and who cares to monitor them.

My own is LET THE NIGER DELTA BE DEVELOPED then there will be no room for militancy, and temptation of the army officials to sell arms, train or join the militant groups.
Re: Army Officers Who Sold Weapons To Militants by Daman1(m): 11:33am On Jan 19, 2008
Posted by: onilanre
Insert Quote
Na wao who do we trust now? is it the military or the politician? Where are we going in this country. We need divine help from the ABOVE

We need to have some scape goats too to serve as a deterrent to others. Let the law have it's full course.

Posted by: otanaworld
Insert Quote
Each time I come across people discussing the Niger Delta issue, I have always been forced to look the other way because many of the opinions will always want to paint the picture of the "Criminal Niger Delta Militants" but, hey, wait a minute, the Federal Government and the Multinationals that have deprived the area of ALL basic good things of life are not often touched in the discussions. Whether the army officers provided the ammunitions or not, it is left for the army authority to apply their justice, but, what motivate these personnel to provide these arms, if it is out of the just cause to liberate the region from the age long oppressions, then let it be.

Recently, we are reading from the dailies how OBJ son has been seriously involved in contracts of the NDDC, ask me, how many of such contracts are properly executed and who cares to monitor them.

My own is LET THE NIGER DELTA BE DEVELOPED then there will be no room for militancy, and temptation of the army officials to sell arms, train or join the militant groups

We are saying some people steal what belongs to all of us and the yet unborn generation and you are trying to justify such acts? on the premise of Niger delta deprivation? Get it clear, I am not in support of oppressing any region but that is not enough reason for some undesirable elements to dip their accursed kleptomaniac hands in our national armoury.
Come to think of how vulnerable they rendered this country, while the army thinks they have some arms whereas they 've gone into thin air!
This must be condemned by all.
Re: Army Officers Who Sold Weapons To Militants by subice(m): 11:47am On Jan 19, 2008
It's always been obvious some top brass were involved with the militants' (or terrorists as I prefer to call them) acquisition of arms. They deserve the most severe punishment for selling out the country's security for their greed. with the direct implication of numerous killings and murders. These are treasonable offences, just like actions of the terrorists.
Re: Army Officers Who Sold Weapons To Militants by darqly(m): 12:24pm On Jan 19, 2008
It's TREASON if you ask me. They have undermined the security and sovereignty of our nation. But it's good it's out in the open now, I always wondered how the terrorists got their munitions and army fatigues. They should pay the price if found guilty.
Re: Army Officers Who Sold Weapons To Militants by 2old4that(m): 12:35pm On Jan 19, 2008
United Nigeria

United indeed!
Re: Army Officers Who Sold Weapons To Militants by Saluscs: 12:56pm On Jan 19, 2008
[color=#990000][/color[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
the government has to do something about them.But the problem is that some people in ur country seem to be above the law in our land but what ever a man does,it will catch up with him
Re: Army Officers Who Sold Weapons To Militants by faketan(m): 2:24pm On Jan 19, 2008
otanaworld:

My own is LET THE NIGER DELTA BE DEVELOPED then there will be no room for militancy, and temptation of the army officials to sell arms, train or join the militant groups.

Who on earth is in support of the Niger Delta deprivation. I guess no one is.  More often than none, armed struggle does not lead liberation. And if you are trying to brand officers messiahs, why do they have to collect money to supply such arms? They should have supplied the arms free of charge. But no they had to steal from the country they are commissioned to protect and make money at the expense of the unity of the country.

@Echidime
You cannot exclude the Igbos cos no names has been mentioned as far as I know or am I missing something here?
Re: Army Officers Who Sold Weapons To Militants by bridgetola: 2:41pm On Jan 19, 2008
Hello,I'm Bridget.Can we chat someday?

Re: Army Officers Who Sold Weapons To Militants by drchinox: 3:50pm On Jan 19, 2008
nairalanders,
dont be surprised about the deal,much as corruption is our second religion,
worst thing is even yet to happen.
when obj & his beloved sinner(sorry son)-ribadu were chasing personal
gains,what do u expect.
Nigerdelta will degenerate to iraq,only time it'll take.my personal regret is that
saro wiwa is no longer around to be a witness.
Re: Army Officers Who Sold Weapons To Militants by faketan(m): 4:22pm On Jan 19, 2008
drchinox:

nairalanders,
don't be surprised about the deal,much as corruption is our second religion,
gains,what do u expect.
Nigerdelta will degenerate to iraq,only time it'll take.my personal regret is that

There will be a solution. May your prophesy never come to pass in Jesus name
Re: Army Officers Who Sold Weapons To Militants by deor03(m): 5:31pm On Jan 19, 2008
drchinox:

nairalanders,
don't be surprised about the deal,much as corruption is our second religion,
gains,what do u expect.

I am sure you don't have an idea of what is happening in IRAQ.
Re: Army Officers Who Sold Weapons To Militants by faketan(m): 5:57pm On Jan 19, 2008
deor03:

I am sure you don't have an idea of what is happening in IRAQ.
He probably does not.
Re: Army Officers Who Sold Weapons To Militants by enibaba(m): 6:06pm On Jan 19, 2008
It is beyond belief the quantities we are talking here, what is the mode of transportation and where are our security officers. It is institutional failure if such weapons in that quantity can be stolen from the armoury under our nose. It portends great fear for the security of the country
Re: Army Officers Who Sold Weapons To Militants by faketan(m): 6:25pm On Jan 19, 2008
More than a thousand AK47, GPMG, some many grenades, etc
It is a system failure. However if he had N250M to buy the weapons, he would also have more to clear his way(suo uzo). The police are also corrupt so why will he not?
Re: Army Officers Who Sold Weapons To Militants by odiaseo(m): 6:28pm On Jan 19, 2008
just like you are not the OWNER of 20million naira in your account except spend it.

hisssssssssss ( where is this guy from?)

What I'm saying is that everyone one should have the right to be innocent until proved guilty. That is the law and it should apply to everyone. We are talking about equity and human rights, yet we want to crucify those accused without knowing the outcome of the court martial.

If you believe all that the media says then you can believe anything. I'm not denying the fact that there are elements of truth in the news report, but who to blame can not really be ascertained.

In the military there are scape goats, those who are made to pay the price for other peoples sins and they can do nothing about it. Most times the verdict for a court marital is already decided before the trial begins.

We forget so easily how people were accused of being coup plotters in previous regimes, how the were incacerated, tortured etc. The truth is that we may never know what really happened in this arms scandal.
Re: Army Officers Who Sold Weapons To Militants by faketan(m): 6:45pm On Jan 19, 2008
odiaseo:

What I'm saying is that everyone one should have the right to be innocent until proved guilty. That is the law and it should apply to everyone. We are talking about equity and human rights, yet we want to crucify those accused without knowing the outcome of the court martial.

If you believe all that the media says then you can believe anything. I'm not denying the fact that there are elements of truth in the news report, but who to blame can not really be ascertained.

In the military there are scape goats, those who are made to pay the price for other peoples sins and they can do nothing about it. Most times the verdict for a court marital is already decided before the trial begins.

We forget so easily how people were accused of being coup plotters in previous regimes, how the were incacerated, tortured etc. The truth is that we may never know what really happened in this arms scandal.

The long and short of it is that someone or some people have been stealing from the national amoury, selling for personal gains to those who will sabotage and destablize the country.
Cannot be justified in anyway. The media does not blow an empty trumpet. Some arms and ammunition are missing. That is the problem here. Where are they? Who removed ? Did they grow wings?

So lets stop the rule of law sentiment.
Re: Army Officers Who Sold Weapons To Militants by odiaseo(m): 6:48pm On Jan 19, 2008
Some arms and ammunition are missing. That is the problem here. Where are they? Who removed ? Did they grow wings?

Those are the questions to be asked. The rule of law must always stand otherwise there would be no justice. No sentiments attached, it's the law of the land.
Re: Army Officers Who Sold Weapons To Militants by faketan(m): 6:56pm On Jan 19, 2008
Those questionsprobably have answers already. Otherwise how can you explain the balance of N200M in the bank acount of an army of officer whose annual take home is less than a 600K and various other sums in the accounts of those who guard the amoury?

Furthermore, what did that guy come to do with N250m and why did he run when he knew his cover has been blown?
You and I know the truth so why should we not talk.

They are courtmashalled, they are not charged to court.
This is military law not democracy so rule of in the army is a mirage cos there is supposed to be zero tolerance to indiscipline.

I am not sure they even have a lawyer. Do they? lol
Re: Army Officers Who Sold Weapons To Militants by odiaseo(m): 7:03pm On Jan 19, 2008
They would most probably be appointed a lawyer. My only thoughts are that the right people are trailed and no innocent person be roped in because of personal vendetta and malice. Believe me it happens. Let the guilty heads roll
Re: Army Officers Who Sold Weapons To Militants by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jan 19, 2008
God bless Brig. Gen. Lawrence Ngugbane
Re: Army Officers Who Sold Weapons To Militants by faketan(m): 7:40pm On Jan 19, 2008
odiaseo:

They would most probably be appointed a lawyer. My only thoughts are that the right people are trailed and no innocent person be roped in because of personal vendetta and malice. Believe me it happens. Let the guilty heads roll
That's the spirit man.
Re: Army Officers Who Sold Weapons To Militants by jerrymania(m): 10:13pm On Jan 19, 2008
well this is a positive sign
Re: Army Officers Who Sold Weapons To Militants by faketan(m): 11:13pm On Jan 19, 2008
otanaworld:

HELLO MEN & WOMEN, will any of you support the Federal Government of Nigeria (Military) using these arms on the people of the Niger Delta?, if your answer is YES!, then the militant did well to depopulate some of them.

And do not be surprise that this war has become a war of conscience.
The federal govt had to use that on the people who resorted to violence after all entrities failed.

Do not forget that those people who claim to be fighting for Niger Delta are doing that not for personal reasons. If not all the money they get from hostage taking is would have been given to the poor in the region. no the use it biulf mansions like Ateke and so on and live in luxury in the midst of penury.

Most of those who turned war Lord were made by politicians to fight oppositions and when the politicians did not meet up their expectations, they became virulent and cancerous.

Please look at it both ways. These people keep killing the same Niger Delta people they claim to fight for? who is deceiving who? They are hiding under the cloak of genuine fighters like Ken Sarowiwa to answer freedom fighters but the gulf between them is like that between hell and heaven.
Do not be deceived
Re: Army Officers Who Sold Weapons To Militants by deor03(m): 1:17am On Jan 20, 2008
Did you read the SUn today ( UK)? Soldiers in UK sold amunnitions to crooks in the UK according to MOD. grin O ga oh

I will get the link ASAP.

I read the hard copy
Re: Army Officers Who Sold Weapons To Militants by faketan(m): 2:24am On Jan 20, 2008
That will be interesting. But what I saw in the sun is that MoD laptop containing names of recruits was stolen. I hope it is not what u are refering to.

Such a story will be front page in thesun.
Re: Army Officers Who Sold Weapons To Militants by deor03(m): 3:08am On Jan 20, 2008
Nope . check page 42 (scottish sun)
Re: Army Officers Who Sold Weapons To Militants by Afam(m): 8:19am On Jan 20, 2008
Death penalty will be a natural and appropriate punishment for all the soldiers and officers involved in this wicked and shameful act.
Re: Army Officers Who Sold Weapons To Militants by akara(m): 9:40am On Jan 20, 2008
This is serious o. But where is the Military police, the army intelligence, the SSS,
the NSA, for the army to lose thouands of weapons, heads must roll.
Re: Army Officers Who Sold Weapons To Militants by willy4: 12:27pm On Jan 20, 2008
akara:

This is serious o.  But where is the Military police, the army intelligence, the SSS,
the NSA, for the army to lose thouands of weapons, heads must roll.
No head will roll.

It's commendable to those Nigeria Military officers for handing over/surrendering the weapons to the N-Delta Freedom Fighters because the weapons were bought by Nigeria Government with N-Delta resources, the Officers didn't commit any crime rather we should applaud them.
Re: Army Officers Who Sold Weapons To Militants by Frando29(m): 12:38pm On Jan 20, 2008
What I don't understand is why Nigerian soldiers still don't know their place in the society. They seem to forget quickly that their role is to protect the country, alas they are now allies to the very people they should protect us from. This can only happen in Nigeria where nobody, even the military are  patriotic. In Nigeria, gone are the days when the military knew their onions, now they are money bags with pot bellies and amoebic shapes and a very unquenchable thirst for money. I think the Yar' Adua administation should see to it that these misguided soldiers pay with their lives as what they did is tantamount to treason. Whoever is interceding for them should die with them. They are all one corrupt bunch!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Uyo Convention Centre To Be Ready First Quarter Of 2014. / PDP Agent Supervises Underage Voting In The North (picture) / Nigerian Army Lies Busted: Sergeant David Bako Exists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.