Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,842 members, 7,813,835 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:33 PM

Army Officers Who Sold Weapons To Militants - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Officers Who Sold Weapons To Militants (5938 Views)

‘biafra Agitation Response To Militants Threatening To Islamize Nigeria-vanguard / Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers / Nsa Gen. Azazi Implicated In Selling Arms To Militants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Army Officers Who Sold Weapons To Militants by faketan(m): 1:37pm On Jan 20, 2008
Nigeria should be very careful cos there is no one to trust.
Re: Army Officers Who Sold Weapons To Militants by otanaworld: 11:25am On Jan 21, 2008
Every one discussing the Niger Delta issue should be able to distinguish between the true freedom fighters in the creeks and the cult members operating in Port Harcourt township.

To the True freedom fighters, I give my kudos!
Re: Army Officers Who Sold Weapons To Militants by deols(f): 11:39am On Jan 21, 2008
It is disheartening to find such things happening.Imagine the number
   of lives lost through what should have been for their protection.
Re: Army Officers Who Sold Weapons To Militants by harmony3yb: 11:40am On Jan 21, 2008
Well,this is coming as no surprise at all.Government handling of the welfare of its citizens is very bad.Ask yourself this:what will you gain(in any aspect at all) if you die for nigeria?These servicemen have no insurance,their widows go through hell to get their benefits,pension is not aptly paid, and so on.I am however not using this to justify their actions,I am only saying the government put them in that position.However,there's good news, just heard their salaries has been increased by 15%.thats a good start,i believe.We'll get there someday!In the meantime, ,I beleive in the Nigerian dream.God bless Nigeria.
Re: Army Officers Who Sold Weapons To Militants by edgecution(m): 11:45am On Jan 21, 2008
@ Ndipe

Iyamu na DSP. not a Costable.
Re: Army Officers Who Sold Weapons To Militants by harmony3yb: 11:55am On Jan 21, 2008
While watching the money show this morning,I learnt the salaries of Armed Forces personnel has been hiked by 15%.Dont think this is enough,but I belive its a step in the right direction.I think more emphasis should be placed on welfare and a good pensions scheme.Also,training and lots of orientation should be given to them.They should be made to feel important and made to love what they do.Let them see service as an honour,not a last gasp resort for jobless people or frustrated humans.Members of the public should be made to see armed forces personnel as humans(honourable people) and not the suspicious way they are viewed.Service to the fatherland should be an honour.
Re: Army Officers Who Sold Weapons To Militants by willy4: 12:12pm On Jan 21, 2008
otanaworld:

Every one discussing the Niger Delta issue should be able to distinguish between the true freedom fighters in the creeks and the cult members operating in Port Harcourt township.

To the True freedom fighters, I give my kudos!
My kudos to them too, they are all Heroes, N-Delta people loves them.
Re: Army Officers Who Sold Weapons To Militants by weebee(f): 4:19pm On Jan 21, 2008
I wonder what this nation is turning toshocked
Re: Army Officers Who Sold Weapons To Militants by realdemi(f): 4:33pm On Jan 21, 2008
@topic
Let GUILTY heads roll

@ Niger Delta
Whenever i sit down and meditate on the Niger delta issue, i am not able to summon up enough compassion for the N.Delta people. Now don't go calling me heartless cos that is not without reason.

According to some folks i know that live, i said live and grew up in the rurals of some Niger Delta state, a lot of the problem of underdevelopment arose from saboteurs who called themselves Youth and Community Development leaders. What these young chaps do is approach those Multinational thieves (Shell, Chevron and family) for ransomes in place of development dues, of course it's called development fees when it's being collected (the multinationals know it's NOT going to be used for developing nada. These guys take to the street with wild spending and frenzied living. Of course, they 'settle' all the relevant people and gag them with their dues AND THE MASSES ARE PACIFIED WITH FALSE HOPES AND PROMISES that things will soon be alrite. However, when the town's been painted red and the fun is gone, they go back to the 'thieves' who would rather give a chicken change of about N2-3m max per return trip than spend N5-N15b to provide quality pipe borne water and tarred roads at the least to a community where they make stupendous, mind-blowing and eye-bling gain from.

It's a theatre of the absurds. In this theatre, u have about 4 categories of peolpe:
1. The poor, helpless, unlearned people in the rural areas who have no voice;
2. The greedy youth leaders who are incensed in their lust and obssession for filthy lucre;
3. The uncaring and unfeeling Government i.e (Federal and State ) for its populace welfare;
4. The opportunistic and (i just lack words to describe them;  angry angry ) Multinationals who can do no such thing in their own Motherland. But can i blame them? If there's no crack in the wall, the lizard can not enter into the wall.

The so-called leaders of the people are the very ones who sell them into slavery and when the people now take to the streets cause they can be silent no longer, we do not hear of these things that have gone underway.
No doubt the people have been oppressed and suppressed. And i insist, if the F.G. faces up to its responsibity, those rogues will pay their dues. AND in full too.
Re: Army Officers Who Sold Weapons To Militants by faketan(m): 9:03pm On Jan 21, 2008
real_demi:

@topic
Let GUILTY heads roll

@ Niger Delta
Whenever i sit down and meditate on the Niger delta issue, i am not able to summon up enough compassion for the N.Delta people. Now don't go calling me heartless because that is not without reason.

According to some folks i know that live, i said live and grew up in the rurals of some Niger Delta state, a lot of the problem of underdevelopment arose from saboteurs who called themselves Youth and Community Development leaders. What these young chaps do is approach those Multinational thieves (Shell, Chevron and family) for ransomes in place of development dues, of course it's called development fees when it's being collected (the multinationals know it's NOT going to be used for developing nada. These guys take to the street with wild spending and frenzied living. Of course, they 'settle' all the relevant people and gag them with their dues AND THE MASSES ARE PACIFIED WITH FALSE HOPES AND PROMISES that things will soon be alrite. However, when the town's been painted red and the fun is gone, they go back to the 'thieves' who would rather give a chicken change of about N2-3m max per return trip than spend N5-N15b to provide quality pipe borne water and tarred roads at the least to a community where they make stupendous, mind-blowing and eye-bling gain from.

It's a theatre of the absurds. In this theatre, u have about 4 categories of peolpe:
1. The poor, helpless, unlearned people in the rural areas who have no voice;
2. The greedy youth leaders who are incensed in their lust and obssession for filthy lucre;
3. The uncaring and unfeeling Government i.e (Federal and State ) for its populace welfare;
4. The opportunistic and (i just lack words to describe them;  angry angry ) Multinationals who can do no such thing in their own Motherland. But can i blame them? If there's no crack in the wall, the lizard can not enter into the wall.

The so-called leaders of the people are the very ones who sell them into slavery and when the people now take to the streets cause they can be silent no longer, we do not hear of these things that have gone underway.
No doubt the people have been oppressed and suppressed. And i insist, if the F.G. faces up to its responsibity, those rogues will pay their dues. AND in full too.

I feel ya
Re: Army Officers Who Sold Weapons To Militants by ndubest(m): 11:15am On Jan 22, 2008
@ real_demi

I think you have a point there

its high time the enlighten indigenes of Niger delta who have the interest of the people at heart take up their pens and expose these people that are sapping their communities in the name of activism and sabotaging the only source of succor for the common man

carrying arms will surely not stop this but exposure of such individuals and their cohorts (whoever they are) will be a starting point in the right direction
Re: Army Officers Who Sold Weapons To Militants by obyann(f): 12:25pm On Jan 22, 2008
If found guilty? firing squad! no mercy.
Re: Army Officers Who Sold Weapons To Militants by faketan(m): 11:04pm On Jan 22, 2008
obyann:

If found guilty? firing squad! no mercy.

Haha. We hope so.
Re: Army Officers Who Sold Weapons To Militants by davidif: 4:57am On Jan 26, 2008
this is treason.
Re: Army Officers Who Sold Weapons To Militants by akomaye: 5:38am On Jan 26, 2008
something on the way
Re: Army Officers Who Sold Weapons To Militants by faketan(m): 11:44am On Jan 26, 2008
what's on the way?
Re: Army Officers Who Sold Weapons To Militants by doyindamus: 1:16pm On Jan 26, 2008
@real demi

You lot that say you find it hard to stir up compassion for the N/Delta people
are missing the point.

The question is not how the money is spent or who is sabotaging whom.

The question is: Why is money generated from the N/Delta being used to develop
places outside of the N/Delta.

It is a grossly unfair situation and helps no one, not even the non Niger Delta communities.

Furthermore, people against this 'resource control' often cite the frivolousness of the Niger Delta leaders
But has anyone cared to ask if other parts of the Federation have been any judicious in managing this loot of theirs.

We say they cannot take care of their own affairs yet many non indigenes have milked this loot to their own advantage.

Where is the sense in that? undecided undecided
Re: Army Officers Who Sold Weapons To Militants by faketan(m): 3:05pm On Jan 26, 2008
doyindamus:

@real demi

You lot that say you find it hard to stir up compassion for the N/Delta people
are missing the point.

The question is not how the money is spent or who is sabotaging whom.

The question is: Why is money generated from the N/Delta being used to develop
places outside of the N/Delta.

It is a grossly unfair situation and helps no one, not even the non Niger Delta communities.

Furthermore, people against this 'resource control' often cite the frivolousness of the Niger Delta leaders
But has anyone cared to ask if other parts of the Federation have been any judicious in managing this loot of theirs.

We say they cannot take care of their own affairs yet many non indigenes have milked this loot to their own advantage.

Where is the sense in that? undecided undecided

This implies that even if the resource control thingy is in put in place, the area will still not developed. Then first thing first. Let there be accountability
Re: Army Officers Who Sold Weapons To Militants by Jakumo(m): 4:48pm On Jan 26, 2008
With estimates of the number of Kalashnikov infantry rifles secretly sold into the underworld from the Kaduna Armory ranging up to 30 thousand guns, the violence quotient of Nigerian society has ratcheted up several more notches.   Adding this latest weaponry diversion to the container-loads of Ak47s reportedly distributed by election-rigging politicians to jobless youths throughout Nigeria during recent presidential polls, there now exists a private arsenal of military assault rifles and machine guns sufficient to equip a standing army.

To assume that this newly armed parallel military force will restrict its offensives to targets in the Niger Delta's oil fields is wishful thinking at its most naive.  Two weeks ago in Ikeja Lagos, a robbery gang comprising children ranging in age from 9 of 14 years olds, bedecked in ammunition belts, used the authority of several General Purpose Machine Guns to pacify an entire street while a bank building was raided.

Sierra Leonean or Congolese child warriors on a foreign field trip ?   The next generation of Niger Delta kid soldiers following the enemy back home to Lagos ?   To observers of that surreal Lagos attack who were busy trying to break olympic sprint records getting out of rifle range, the tribal origin of those juvenile bandits must have been reduced to academic insignificance as soon as the first warning volley was fired that day.

Suffice to say, the flood of military assault weapons into the hands of Nigeria's hungry and angry youth will assure interesting times indeed for Nigeria over the next few months and years.    Fasten your safety belts and put on your flak jackets, y'all.
Re: Army Officers Who Sold Weapons To Militants by faketan(m): 6:27pm On Jan 26, 2008
Jakumo:

With estimates of the number of Kalashnikov infantry rifles secretly sold into the underworld from the Kaduna Armory ranging up to 30 thousand guns, the violence quotient of Nigerian society has ratcheted up several more notches. Adding this latest weaponry diversion to the container-loads of Ak47s reportedly distributed by election-rigging politicians to jobless youths throughout Nigeria during recent presidential polls, there now exists a private arsenal of military assault rifles and machine guns sufficient to equip a standing army.

To assume that this newly armed parallel military force will restrict its offensives to targets in the Niger Delta's oil fields is wishful thinking at its most naive. Two weeks ago in Ikeja Lagos, a robbery gang comprising children ranging in age from 9 of 14 years olds, bedecked in ammunition belts, used the authority of several General Purpose Machine Guns to pacify an entire street while a bank building was raided.

Sierra Leonean or Congolese child warriors on a foreign field trip ? The next generation of Niger Delta kid soldiers following the enemy back home to Lagos ? To observers of that surreal Lagos attack who were busy trying to break olympic sprint records getting out of rifle range, the tribal origin of those juvenile bandits must have been reduced to academic insignificance as soon as the first warning volley was fired that day.

Suffice to say, the flood of military assault weapons into the hands of Nigeria's hungry and angry youth will assure interesting times indeed for Nigeria over the next few months and years. Fasten your safety belts and put on your flak jackets, y'all.
I thought the said over a thousand. Sorry I have forgotten. 30 thousand is not akamu case
Re: Army Officers Who Sold Weapons To Militants by pixiraver(m): 8:18pm On Feb 04, 2008
To be sincere i recommend a full scale attack on those militants, why can't we borrow 5 fighter jets from the US and level the creeks? grin
Re: Army Officers Who Sold Weapons To Militants by NeoBlack(m): 12:16pm On Feb 19, 2008
will you take Front?? , dont feel ya
Re: Army Officers Who Sold Weapons To Militants by Backslider(m): 5:42pm On Feb 19, 2008
We Need Sniffers not Armed confrontation.

We have intelligence officers, they should do their Job.

The guns are useless when you have a good counter military logistics.

I will give you an example Nigerian Army beat the Rebel Liberian Armies and went into Sierra leone and Chased A whole army out of a Country.

The intel is what is needed.

If you have a B52 and you dont have any intelligence of what use is your ballistic.

We dont need ballistic just simple intel because the users move in and out of the Jungle.
Re: Army Officers Who Sold Weapons To Militants by NeoBlack(m): 1:58pm On Feb 20, 2008
i see, no shit then, i read it and clear to me.
Re: Army Officers Who Sold Weapons To Militants by ahmed002: 5:42pm On Feb 20, 2008
I should think the army is suppose to protect and preserve. But this disgraceful act of few soldiers in the army has tarnished the image of the Nigerian Army. The culprits if found guilty should be discharged without benefits, accounts frozen and be sent to life imprisonment, since am not an advocate of Capital PUNISHMENT.
Re: Army Officers Who Sold Weapons To Militants by ALERTEFCC(f): 6:19pm On Feb 20, 2008
which army, i think dem say 'a little leaven ferments the whole lump', na that one be the real problem for nigeria, some influential people want to finish us, make dem continue na the wey when dem like am
Re: Army Officers Who Sold Weapons To Militants by niles(m): 4:56am On Jun 28, 2008
ahmed002:

I should think the army is suppose to protect and preserve. But this disgraceful act of few soldiers in the army has tarnished the image of the Nigerian Army. The culprits if found guilty should be discharged without benefits, accounts frozen and be sent to life imprisonment, since am not an advocate of Capital PUNISHMENT.
grin grin grin You have spoken well, we seem to be on the same path.
Make them Die by Fire! First cut all their fingers and toes then set them on fire not ablaze(this one go burn quick). The whole country's watching this is the height of Sabotage it's like that scene in 300sad "Spartans, tonight we dine in hell" and half of the spartans just turn around and murmur "Hmm! You dey on your own O!) shocked
Re: Army Officers Who Sold Weapons To Militants by bilymuse: 4:55pm On Jun 28, 2008
if proper investigation was conducted, it wont come as a surprise that the army also sells weapon to armed robbers.
Re: Army Officers Who Sold Weapons To Militants by bilymuse: 5:02pm On Jun 28, 2008
l am sure some of the soldiers are directly involved in armed robbery, their military training would give then an edge over the ill equipt police force.

No wonder banks are been robbed as if its a pick pocket operation in oshodi market.
Time without number the police are complaining that the bank robbers are using better and sophiticated weapon

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2011: 8 PDP Governors That May Not Get Second Term Ticket / PHCN Pre-paid Maintenance Fees Are Illegal - NERC / Genocide In Nigeria: Igbos Face Extinction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.