Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,028 members, 7,818,034 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:40 AM

Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers (8452 Views)

Vision Of Heaven And Hell: Few Questions that need answers. / Is Jesus God? / Is Jesus God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers by Boomark(m): 10:35am On Oct 05, 2012
Chuksxp:
We are not stoning you for any
good work,” they replied, “ but
for blasphemy, because you, a
mere man, claim to be God. ” ~
John 10:33

For this reason they tried all the
more to kill him; not only was
he breaking the Sabbath, but he
was even calling God his own
Father, making himself equal
with God. ~ John 5:18

Even the Jews back then understood the implications of Jesus' statement.

This just shows that TRINITY IS THE DOCTRINE OF MEN.

You chose not to believe what Christ said(that He is the Son of God, jn10:36) but what the Jews gave as their reason to stone Him(that He claim to be God, verse33)

You chose not to believe that Christ said "that what He sees the Father do...that, the Son also does." Jn5:19. And the what He said in verse17 "My Father has been working until now, and I have been working." But you chose to believe the reason the Jews sought to kill Him(that He said God was His Father, making Himself equal with God, v18)

You should also base your faith in God on the reason the Jews have killing Him at the end. Pure doctrine of men.
What the Jews said is not what Christ told us, hence it doesn't come from God. So stop putting your faith in the Jews.
Re: Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers by Nobody: 11:18am On Oct 05, 2012
@Boomark

Reposting post 136 from page 3. Perhaps you'll see it this time and put your great "humble" truth-possession to work.

Boomark: You sound like you are now disarmed by some of the explanations you are now seeing.

Not so fast, mister. Reconcile the red and blue texts below.

Boomark:
Hebrews 1:1-12
1 God, who at various times and
in various ways spoke in time
past to the fathers BY THE PROPHETS,
2 has in these last days spoken to
us BY HIS SON, whom He has
appointed heir of all things,
through whom also He made
the worlds;....
8 But to the Son He says: "Your
throne, O God, is forever and
ever; A scepter of righteousness
is the scepter of Your kingdom.
9 You have loved righteousness
and hated lawlessness;
THEREFORE GOD, YOU GOD, has
anointed You With the oil of
gladness more than Your
COMPANIONS."
10 And: "You, LORD, in the
beginning laid the foundation
of the earth, And the heavens
are the work of Your hands.
11 They will perish, but You
remain; And they will all grow
old like a garment;
12 Like a cloak You will fold them
up, And they will be changed.
But You are the same, And Your
years will not fail."

Let me explain it to you.
From verse 1 and 2, do you see the similarity of what the prophets and the Son does for the Father. It is very clear.
Verse 8. God is the one speaking to Christ. The word GOD does not make Him greater than or equal to the Father.
Verse 9 shows that God is His God. And God anointed Him more than His COMPANIONS. Who are they?
By anointing Him, God gave Him everything and made Him Lord over us and every other thing.
Re: Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers by Nobody: 11:26am On Oct 05, 2012
Boomark: Ok i now get it. You want me to reconcile Hebrew1:10-12 to the statement below it.

Heb1:
10 And: "You, LORD, in the
beginning laid the foundation
of the earth, And the heavens
are the work of Your hands.
11 They will perish, but You
remain; And they will all grow
old like a garment;
12 Like a cloak You will fold them
up, And they will be changed.
But You are the same, And Your
years will not fail."

"The word GOD does not
make Him greater than or equal
to the Father".

It is important to understand who verse10 is talking about. Read this:

Isa45:18
New International Version
(©1984)
For this is what the LORD
says--he who created the
heavens, he is God; he
who fashioned and made
the earth, he founded it;
he did not create it to be
empty, but formed it to
be inhabited--he says: "I
am the LORD, and there is
no other. Gen1:1 also.

Rev4:11
New International Version
(©1984)
"You are worthy, our Lord
and God, to receive glory
and honor and power, for
you created all things, and
by your will they were
created and have their
being."

Verse10 says 'You LORD....' It is obvious this is making reference to the Father. Because From the verses above and others, He created all things including the firstborn of His creation.

But when it comes to Christ being related with creation, the bible will say "...THROUGH whom all things were created".

So my statement is correct. Haven't you read where Christ said "the Father is greater than I". That is a 'thought for food' wink

Because of network problems, I couldn't post the foregoing post until now. And I saw your reconciliation of the colored texts after posting. Well, like I said, the more you try to make it work to suit your unBiblical position, the more you create contradictions and outright falsehoods.

You said,

Boomark: Verse10 says 'You LORD....' It is obvious this is making reference to the Father. Because From the verses above and others, He created all things including the firstborn of His creation.

Do you realize how that is a very direct contradiction of the information in Hebrew 1? I hope you do, because while I'm losing interest in pursuing this discussion with you, I'm gaining interest in your apparent dishonesty. Depending on whether this dishonesty is apparent or true, I will disengage or go open season on you.
Re: Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers by Boomark(m): 12:47pm On Oct 05, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Because of network problems, I couldn't post the foregoing post until now. And I saw your reconciliation of the colored texts after posting. Well, like I said, the more you try to make it work to suit your unBiblical position, the more you create contradictions and outright falsehoods.

Do you realize how that is a very direct contradiction of the information in Hebrew 1? I hope you do, because while I'm losing interest in pursuing this discussion with you, I'm gaining interest in your apparent dishonesty. Depending on whether this dishonesty is apparent or true, I will disengage or go open season on you.

So Mr Truthhood, tell me what is true.
Just check out the principle: God created all thing and He created all things Through our lord Jesus.
Do you see that. So sweet. You can't prove it wrong. I gave you bible quotes and you said they unbiblical.

Am beginning to doubt if you are a Christian. Am now thinking you are an 'Arteyist' or whatever.
I have your gun and bullets and you can't stone me.

My dear am still open to learning. Prove me wrong from the scripture.
Re: Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers by Nobody: 4:41am On Oct 06, 2012
Boomark:

So Mr Truthhood, tell me what is true.
Just check out the principle: God created all thing and He created all things Through our lord Jesus.
Do you see that. So sweet. You can't prove it wrong. I gave you bible quotes and you said they unbiblical.

Am beginning to doubt if you are a Christian. Am now thinking you are an 'Arteyist' or whatever.
I have your gun and bullets and you can't stone me.

My dear am still open to learning. Prove me wrong from the scripture.

I've lost this response many times to bad network already. I really don't care to keep reproducing it.

Five translations I used including the JW Bible a.k.a the New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures hold that the Person speaking in Hebrews 1:10 is God and the Person being spoken to/about is the Son. So, your submission that the verse is refering to the Father is either a blatant lie or a genuine confusion on your part. Furthermore, it is a contradiction for you to say so considering that you yourself had reproduced nearly the whole chapter to show that it was God Who was addressing Christ.
Re: Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers by Boomark(m): 10:14am On Oct 06, 2012
Ihedinobi:

I've lost this response many times to bad network already. I really don't care to keep reproducing it.

Five translations I used including the JW Bible a.k.a the New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures hold that the Person speaking in Hebrews 1:10 is God and the Person being spoken to/about is the Son. So, your submission that the verse is refering to the Father is either a blatant lie or a genuine confusion on your part. Furthermore, it is a contradiction for you to say so considering that you yourself had reproduced nearly the whole chapter to show that it was God Who was addressing Christ.

My brother, God will bless your network for you to continue in the things that you're learning. Me too am learning.

Am surprised you use NEW WORLD TRANSLATION and you are still not seeing things. I use it to make chains of references(links) and compare with other translations. That is why it is difficult to neutralize my explanations using the scriptures.

From Genesis to Revelation, we know that it is God(the Father) that laid the foundation of the heavens and the earth and that He created all things except Himself. We also know that all things where created through our lord Jesus Christ and for Him.

Why would it come to Hebrew1:10 and change. Unless you are among those that believe that Jesus is the Father and also the Holy spirit appearing in different forms but still the same person, then it will make sense to you. I know you are not at that level.

You see? I dint reproduce any thing by my self cos i wunt gain any thing from it. The church i attend believes in trinity but as for me, i know what i know. Most pastors will not be in their church again if they start teaching that our God and Father is One. So they have to continue.
Re: Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers by Nobody: 1:00pm On Oct 06, 2012
Boomark:

My brother, God will bless your network for you to continue in the things that you're learning. Me too am learning.

Am surprised you use NEW WORLD TRANSLATION and you are still not seeing things. I use it to make chains of references(links) and compare with other translations. That is why it is difficult to neutralize my explanations using the scriptures.

From Genesis to Revelation, we know that it is God(the Father) that laid the foundation of the heavens and the earth and that He created all things except Himself. We also know that all things where created through our lord Jesus Christ and for Him.

Why would it come to Hebrew1:10 and change. Unless you are among those that believe that Jesus is the Father and also the Holy spirit appearing in different forms but still the same person, then it will make sense to you. I know you are not at that level.

You see? I dint reproduce any thing by my self cos i wunt gain any thing from it. The church i attend believes in trinity but as for me, i know what i know. Most pastors will not be in their church again if they start teaching that our God and Father is One. So they have to continue.

Lemme explain something, mister. I am NOT in search of Truth. I am in the Truth already. I was found by Him nearly six years ago after I had foundered from seeking Him so hard. That is what I mean when I say I was not taught Christ by any man. Everything that I know is the result of personal interaction with the Truth Himself.

For this reason, I assure you that you will never find me in agreement with you on your preposterous formula of God's Nature. I know because I was shown in my heart and I was given understanding in the midst of brethren such as Paul, John, Luke, William Paul Young, Mr Anony, Enigma, Image123, Olaadegbu and a great many others whom you do not know. The stark reality of Truth always comes first, understanding follows it. That is how my walk with God has gone.

Now I come to why I bother with the JW Bible. That project was a total waste of effort on the part of the Watchtower Society. Fighting so hard to obliterate doctrines that they disagree with they end up creating a massive contradiction. They end up agreeing with the doctrines of Christianity while indicating disagreement with them. Example? The very verse I showed to you. There we find words that are suited totally and exclusively to God. It would amount to blasphemy to attribute that speech to any created entity. Simples. It is the exclusive rights of God to be called Eternal Creator without beginning and end. But we find even in this version that we're discussing that these very rights are acknowledged as Jesus Christ's by none other than God Himself.

It would take some serious intellectual dishonesty to change the meanings there. And it is grave hardness of heart that would lead anyone into such dishonesty. Suffice to say that we Christians do not bother to unleash the fullness of the argument for the Deity of Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit together with the Father. The reason is very obvious: our opponents do not care. It is enough for us to tell our opponents that attacking the Doctrine of the Trinity is tantamount to attacking Christianity and attacking the Bible. To "successfully" debunk that Doctrine, the debunker must necessarily debunk the Bible itself and destroy Christianity as a whole.

Among our own selves however, I cannot begin to tell you how glorious the mystery is in its fullness. It comes to life and fills everything we do with all the beauty of God. It is impossible to describe it to an outsider. Until I was brought into mental appreciation of the mystery of the Godhead, much was hidden from me even though I was a Christian. From the time that I began to comprehend it, the Life of Christ within me began to slowly unleash itself. Here on nairaland, upon engaging in these discussions concerning it, I have been more powerfully grounded in the Lord. I am not one that is of two minds or one and a half concerning the matter. I KNOW Whom I have believed and am fully persuaded of Him.

If you want to know the Truth, get on your knees. God is not found by searching. The truly seeking heart is not the one that will not accept until it understands, it is the one that knows that all the realities that claim finality are still contingent. It is the one that yearns to be shown whatever it may cost for it to know. It is the one that jumps at Christ when once it has seen Him. It is the one that believes without having "seen" or understood. That is the heart that comes to know the Truth. It is not the overactive, unanointed intellect.

Finally, even though I know the Truth, He is so vast an Entity that I am made conscious everyday how little of Him I have come to apprehend. Thus I am a learner. But I cannot learn anything that contradicts Him. Such things are lies.
Re: Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers by tevinsolt: 1:33pm On Oct 06, 2012
If you don't believe I AM (from the Greek translation) you will die in your sins.

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers by Nobody: 1:42pm On Oct 06, 2012
tevinsolt: If you don't believe I AM (from the Greek translation) you will die in your sins.

Word!

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers by Nobody: 1:48pm On Oct 06, 2012
tevinsolt: If you don't believe I AM (from the Greek translation) you will die in your sins.

Wrong.

If you do not believe that Jesus is the Messiah , You will die in your SINS.

I AM is not God's name, God's name is Yahweh.
Re: Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers by Nobody: 1:55pm On Oct 06, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Lemme explain something, mister. I am NOT in search of Truth. I am in the Truth already. I was found by Him nearly six years ago after I had foundered from seeking Him so hard. That is what I mean when I say I was not taught Christ by any man. Everything that I know is the result of personal interaction with the Truth Himself

Contrast your position with regard to the bolded and that of Paul , who though an apostle and epitome of knowledge still made comments such as :
Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before - Philippians 3:13

Jesus Christ will never have told you he was part of a trinity , he would have made 2 statements to you if he appeared in person :

Mark 12:29 "The most important one," answered Jesus, "is this: 'Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one

or

Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent - John 17:3

For this reason, I assure you that you will never find me in agreement with you on your preposterous formula of God's Nature. I know because I was shown in my heart and I was given understanding in the midst of brethren such as Paul, John, Luke, William Paul Young, Mr Anony, Enigma, Image123, Olaadegbu and a great many others whom you do not know. The stark reality of Truth always comes first, understanding follows it. That is how my walk with God has gone.

And guess what , Paul , John and Luke never for ONCE supported your heretical position of 3 gods, they were Hebrews to the Core who believed in and held on to the first commandment which is the Shema of Israel , that GOD is one.

As for the others you quoted , they are sincere in their position but sincerely wrong.

2 Likes

Re: Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers by Boomark(m): 1:55pm On Oct 06, 2012
How do you know you are in the truth? Your not the only one that believes that. Atheists, Muslims, catholic, Pentecostal, Jehovah's witness etc, all believe they are in the truth. As a Christian, your being in the truth should conform with the word of God, period.

I don't who found you but if it is our lord Jesus, He will help you prove my explanations wrong and i will also learn from it. Test the spirit base on the word of God. Don't be disappointed that what you have been hearing from your friends might be wrong. It better to obey God rather men. Be it a pastor or priest. You can invite your friends to prove me wrong.

I like your write up, cos am sensing a kind of calmness in it which is good for Christians. But it dint prove me wrong from the scriptures.

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers by Boomark(m): 2:18pm On Oct 06, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Word!

I would be happier if you endorse Frosbel's quotes above, which are from the bible with this your 'Word!' or don't you think it merits it?

They are what Christ said 'means everlasting life'
Re: Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers by tevinsolt: 2:19pm On Oct 06, 2012
frosbel:

Wrong.

If you do not believe that Jesus is the Messiah , You will die in your SINS.

I AM is not God's name, God's name is Yahweh.

God himself said to Moses that he is the I Am who AM, don't dare twist the bible on me to support your belief (just so you know Jewish people do not say yod-heh-vau-heh because they believe it is too holy)
Re: Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers by Nobody: 2:34pm On Oct 06, 2012
tevinsolt:

God himself said to Moses that he is the I Am who AM, don't dare twist the bible on me to support your belief (just so you know Jewish people do not say yod-heh-vau-heh because they believe it is too holy)

I AM in the bible in the context used represents Yahweh.

Otherwise everyone who says I AM would be GOD.

For example, I AM who I AM.

Does that mean I am GOD.

SMH
Re: Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers by Nobody: 2:35pm On Oct 06, 2012
Boomark: How do you know you are in the truth? Your not the only one that believes that. Atheists, Muslims, catholic, Pentecostal, Jehovah's witness etc, all believe they are in the truth. As a Christian, your being in the truth should conform with the word of God, period.

I don't who found you but if it is our lord Jesus, He will help you prove my explanations wrong and i will also learn from it. Test the spirit base on the word of God. Don't be disappointed that what you have been hearing from your friends might be wrong. It better to obey God rather men. Be it a pastor or priest. You can invite your friends to prove me wrong.

I like your write up, cos am sensing a kind of calmness in it which is good for Christians. But it dint prove me wrong from the scriptures.

I'm done. If I carry on with you, I will simply alienate you totally. I only get into argument to test the presence of truth in a position. When I do not find it truthful, I leave. When I stay, things turn bad. Because I hate falsehood. I will leave you to yourself and any confusions you prefer. I only assure you that if I had truly gone open season on you, you would have done far worse than you did on the other thread with your seeming implication that Psalm 110:1 says something contrary to the fact that God is one.

How do I know that I am in the Truth? Hmmm. . . That's what I have brains for. Truth is coherent logically. Lies are confusions of facts. For instance, God is One. But the Bible keeps speaking of Three Intelligent Entities Who are called God and ascribed qualities that are only God's by right. How can this be so? How can three be one? Truth tells you that, first, God is no mere created entity. So you cannot quantify Him as you quantify created entities. There are one, two, two million etc human beings but God is not finite, so you cannot say, one, two and three Gods. Second and most important of every consideration, God is Love. This speaks of fellowship, of sharing. One cannot share alone. One must necessarily be selfish. But Creation evinces a God Who rejoices in giving and sharing Himself no less. And this God exists eternally. It is grossly illogical to suggest that He only adopted a sharing nature after He created. That would render Him changeable and thus less than God. If He is sharing today, He has always been sharing and will always share. Therefore, He must have been in company from everlasting. And Jesus's continuing claim to eternity places Him as a strong candidate for that company. Third, it is impossible that a single-person God should create at all. Creation would bother and annoy him unless he made everything robotic. And if he had to, why should he bother at all? Why would all that monotony not bore him? Also, such a God would necessarily be whimsical. He would act very much erratically because he is necessarily selfish.

I assure you I have not exhausted the argument for the example here. I only want to show you how one knows that one is in the Truth. The Truth never contradicts itself. When you employ sanctified reason, the Truth makes perfect sense and adds up. When you try to employ unsanctified reason, everything gets dark and intractable. You create very stubborn contradictions then. It is possible for unsanctified reason to work something positive. It can lead its user to realizing that there is something wrong with the basis of their calculations such that they start to seek the Light. But then, what a tragedy when the Light does appear and because His entry implies a revolution of their thinking methods they reject Him.

Just to illuminate further the use of reason with respect to knowing the Truth about the Trinity, I'll point out frosbel's penchant to use math. Doing so is not wrong in itself, because math is simply logic in figures. And he was right in appealing to the principle of addition to work out the quantity that three persons add up to. What he was wrong about was equating one Person that is called God to the number 1. See? That is clear sign that the person thinking does not know the Truth. If God must be quantified mathematically, He would be the number, infinity. And if we would quantify the separate Persons in the Godhead assuming that They Each are God, Each would also be the number, infinity. It matters not how many times you add infinity, it will remain infinity. Infinity cannot be increased. Can it be reduced? You have to try to define it first. The very act of definition reduces it to the finite. And, that is what frosbel and others of like persuasion demand God to be: finite. It takes only that which is God or greater to fully compass in its intellect the meaning of God. And are we God?

Again, like I have said, we Christians do not open totally our arguments for the Lord to outsiders who do not care to know. Not all of us are like that consciously. It's just natural to us. If we did . . .
Re: Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers by Nobody: 2:38pm On Oct 06, 2012
[quote author=Ihedinobi]

How do I know that I am in the Truth? Hmmm. . . That's what I have brains for. Truth is coherent logically. Lies are confusions of facts. For instance, God is One. But the Bible keeps speaking of Three Intelligent Entities Who are called God and ascribed qualities that are only God's by right

[size=14pt]LIE [/size]

The bible supports no such thing.

How can this be so? How can three be one? Truth tells you that, first, God is no mere created entity. So you cannot quantify Him as you quantify created entities. There are one, two, two million etc human beings but God is not finite, so you cannot say, one, two and three Gods. Second and most important of every consideration, God is Love. This speaks of fellowship, of sharing. One cannot share alone. One must necessarily be selfish. But Creation evinces a God Who rejoices in giving and sharing Himself no less. And this God exists eternally. It is grossly illogical to suggest that He only adopted a sharing nature after He created. That would render Him changeable and thus less than God. If He is sharing today, He has always been sharing and will always share. Therefore, He must have been in company from everlasting. And Jesus's continuing claim to eternity places Him as a strong candidate for that company. Third, it is impossible that a single-person God should create at all. Creation would bother and annoy him unless he made everything robotic. And if he had to, why should he bother at all? Why would all that monotony not bore him? Also, such a God would necessarily be whimsical. He would act very much erratically because he is necessarily selfish.

This is all nonsense, sorry but it is.

God makes himself known to his children, that's why we can call him Father.

Stop all this confusion and humble yourself, you position is getting more illogical by the day.
Re: Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers by tevinsolt: 2:46pm On Oct 06, 2012
he that has ears let him hear what the spirit is saying.....there's no point in arguing back and forth read your bible, but i will leave you with these (Jesus blessed timothy when he called him God, he also said to his disciples what ever you ask of me in my name i will personally do it.) the apostles were not dumb they clearly knew what they were talking about.
Re: Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers by tevinsolt: 2:46pm On Oct 06, 2012
also the revelation of John shows clearly Jesus is God (he is the alpha and omega)
Re: Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers by Nobody: 2:49pm On Oct 06, 2012
@Boomark

I set out in that example to show you how I know that I am in the Truth. The question was how are three one? The answer was, one, by quantity, God cannot be increased or reduced. If it were otherwise, He wouldn't be God. Two, in our own meagre reality, things of like nature are grouped as one. What would that translate to in the larger picture of Absolute Reality? If three entities possessed the exact same qualities and were in perfect agreement in every single way, how would you describe them? Let that be enough.

This is the work of the Holy Spirit of the Living God: to guide us into all truth. His Presence in a life is the presence of Truth in that life. From the time a person has received Him, they no longer walk in darkness and confusion. They know truth and it is evidenced by the ease with which they discriminate between that which is logical and that which is not.
Re: Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers by Nobody: 3:01pm On Oct 06, 2012
@frosbel

You say the Bible does not call three distinct persons God? How do you explain your effort to define Jesus's Deity? How much energy have you spent trying to show that, oh yes, he's God but a lesser one than God, whatever you think that means. Or is it your attack on the Holy Spirit? You've tied yourself up into terrible knots trying to explain Him. You say that He is the Power of God and thus God. Then you say that God Himself is Spirit so His Spirit is Himself, therefore the Holy Spirit is God. Geez! What extraordinary mental gymnastics. Especially given that now you are denying that either Jesus or the Holy Spirit was called God at all or ascribed God's attributes.

Dude, you're way too confused for me to bother with anymore.

@all

Let him that has ears hear what the Spirit is saying. I'm done.
Re: Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers by Nobody: 3:04pm On Oct 06, 2012
[quote author=Ihedinobi]@frosbel

You say the Bible does not call three distinct persons God? How do you explain your effort to define Jesus's Deity? How much energy have you spent trying to show that, oh yes, he's God but a lesser one than God, whatever you think that means. Or is it your attack on the Holy Spirit? You've tied yourself up into terrible knots trying to explain Him. You say that He is the Power of God and thus God. Then you say that God Himself is Spirit so His Spirit is Himself, therefore the Holy Spirit is God. Geez! What extraordinary mental gymnastics. Especially given that now you are denying that either Jesus or the Holy Spirit was called God at all or ascribed God's attributes.

It takes more mental gymnastics to wrench what does not exist in the bible than to simply believe in ONE God, his Spirit and his ONE Son or Lord Jesus Christ.

You are yet to show me ONE scripture where GOD says he is 3, I can quote thousands of scripture where GOD says he is ONE.

"God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth." - John 4:24

God is SPIRIT in the singular sense of the word.

God is not SPIRITS, which is something we have to believe if we incorporate this incomprehensible Trinity Dogma.
Re: Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers by tevinsolt: 3:11pm On Oct 06, 2012
the bible does not say God is one person either.....but there are more evidence to prove the complexity of God. you saying God is one basically shows that you've cornered God into an angle/box and if anything does not fit into your way of looking at God you displace it. the trinity simply proves the incomprehensible nature of God. it's either you take or leave it.
Re: Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers by Nobody: 3:26pm On Oct 06, 2012
tevinsolt: the bible does not say God is one person either.....but there are more evidence to prove the complexity of God. you saying God is one basically shows that you've cornered God into an angle/box and if anything does not fit into your way of looking at God you displace it. the trinity simply proves the incomprehensible nature of God. it's either you take or leave it.

For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus - 1 Timothy 2:5

yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live - 1 Corinthians 8:6

Have we not all one Father? Did not one God create us? Why do we profane the covenant of our fathers by breaking faith with one another? - Malachi 2:10

one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all - Ephesians 4:6

since there is only one God, who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through that same faith - Romans 3:30

A psalm of Asaph. The Mighty One, God, the LORD, speaks and summons the earth from the rising of the sun to the place where it sets - Psalm 50:1

Joshua 22:22 "The Mighty One, God, the LORD! The Mighty One, God, the LORD! He knows! And let Israel know! If this has been in rebellion or disobedience to the LORD, do not spare us this day.

You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that--and shudder - James 2:19

Deuteronomy 6:4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one

"O LORD Almighty, God of Israel, enthroned between the cherubim, you alone are God over all the kingdoms of the earth. You have made heaven and earth - Isaiah 37:16

Now that I have posted some evidence, can you also show me just 1 , not 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 , just 1 place where GOD or the prophets or Jesus said GOD is THREE.

Please I am waiting.
Re: Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers by ijawkid(m): 3:43pm On Oct 06, 2012
tevinsolt: the bible does not say God is one person either.....but there are more evidence to prove the complexity of God. you saying God is one basically shows that you've cornered God into an angle/box and if anything does not fit into your way of looking at God you displace it. the trinity simply proves the incomprehensible nature of God. it's either you take or leave it.

It seems u've been reading some other book and not the bible....

Frsobel just quoted enough scriptures to show u that God is one and not 3....

Open that book called the bible and read...

SMH!!!!
Re: Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers by Image123(m): 4:01pm On Oct 06, 2012
frosb
Is the Lord one?
do you accept and believe Jesus is the Lord?
Re: Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers by Nobody: 4:05pm On Oct 06, 2012
Image123: frosb
Is the Lord one?
do you accept and believe Jesus is the Lord?

LORD does not equal to GOD.

Angels, judges , senior officials etc were addressed as LORD in the bible.

In fact , in the UK we have a house of LORDs, these were the guys who invented the English language so they know what LORD means, otherwise they are also GODs , no ?

But when we say Jesus is LORD , we mean he is LORD of LORDs and KING of KINGs.

They will make war against the Lamb, but the Lamb will overcome them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings--and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers." - Revelation 17:14
Re: Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers by Nobody: 4:19pm On Oct 06, 2012
frosbel:

In fact , in the UK we have a house of LORDs, these were the guys who invented the English language so they know what LORD means, otherwise they are also GODs , no ?

They will make war against the Lamb, but the Lamb will overcome them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings--and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers." - Revelation 17:14

bwahahahahahahaha.............

What happened to "Hear O Israel, the Lord our God is one Lord", hey, Frosty?
Re: Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers by Nobody: 4:20pm On Oct 06, 2012
Ihedinobi:

bwahahahahahahaha.............

What happened to "Hear O Israel, the Lord our God is one Lord", hey, Frosty?

Our GOD is one LORD, duh !!
Re: Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers by Image123(m): 4:20pm On Oct 06, 2012
frosbel:

so Jesus is still Lord, thank God.
so is the Lord one?
Re: Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers by Nobody: 4:24pm On Oct 06, 2012
Image123:
so Jesus is still Lord, thank God.
so is the Lord one?

Let Paul help you here my Trinitarian pal.

"yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live." - 1 Corinthians 8:6

Tell me, if Jesus is GOD , why did beloved apostle Paul find it necessary to distinguish between God and Christ ?

3 Likes

Re: Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers by Nobody: 4:38pm On Oct 06, 2012
Lol. Proof of deteriorating intelligence.

1. Pointless returns.
frosbel:

Our GOD is one LORD, duh !!

2. Grasping at straws.
frosbel:

Let Paul help you here my Trinitarian pal.

"yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live." - 1 Corinthians 8:6

Tell me, if Jesus is GOD , why did beloved apostle Paul find it necessary to distinguish between God and Christ ?

So, Frosty, how many Lords are there and why?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Hey Christians, How Much Can You Really Say To Defend Your Religion? / Are Women Preachers Allowed In The Church? / Download Music: Samsong Ft Chioma Jesus - Odogwu Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 157
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.