Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,752 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

Why Won't You Marry Him/her - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Won't You Marry Him/her (2121 Views)

Sexuality Is NOT A Choice!! Why Won't Y'all Admit It! >:( / LADIES! What Job Or Profession Of A Man Can Make You Not Date Or Marry Him?? / Why Won't a Girl Tell a Boy That She Likes Him? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Won't You Marry Him/her by candies(f): 9:54am On Jan 16, 2008
I read a post yesterday where a guy said he was dumped by his girlfriend because he's an HND holder.

I guess there are some reasons we've sworn never to marry a guy for.

For me, I can't marry a guy who made 3rd class in school
A guy who is younger than me
A muslim

If a guy has these 3 qualities, trust me, even if he's as rich as bill gates or as handsome and sexy as George Cloony, I still won't marry him.
Comon people, tell me why you won't marry him/her?
Re: Why Won't You Marry Him/her by jkpretty(f): 10:19am On Jan 16, 2008
If he's not my dream man
Re: Why Won't You Marry Him/her by zheroes(m): 10:29am On Jan 16, 2008
myopic people.

te[b]ll me who bill gate is[/b]?
Re: Why Won't You Marry Him/her by efuah(f): 10:33am On Jan 16, 2008
If nothing about him tickles me. . . . . 5th class with a good job n ma heart yearns for him, i go marry am grin tongue

zheroes:

myopic people.

te[b]ll me who bill gate is[/b]?
Good question dear, he was a nobody who prolly started from somewhere like everybody does kiss
Re: Why Won't You Marry Him/her by zheroes(m): 10:36am On Jan 16, 2008
candies:

I read a post yesterday where a guy said he was dumped by his girlfriend because he's an HND holder.

I guess there are some reasons we've sworn never to marry a guy for.

For me, I can't marry a guy who made 3rd class in school
A guy who is younger than me
A muslim

If a guy has these 3 qualities, trust me, even if he's as rich as bill gates or as handsome and sexy as George Cloony, I still won't marry him.
Comon people, tell me why you won't marry him/her?

you havent told us what you like in a guy that will make you marry him, obviously, when there a mixture of the likes and your dislikes , sista you will consent. na today.
Re: Why Won't You Marry Him/her by adeboo(f): 10:38am On Jan 16, 2008
But thats ur preference though.
Everyone should have a preference now and not settle for anything.

But never say never though - love is a powerful thing. Once u are bitten, God help us.
Re: Why Won't You Marry Him/her by candies(f): 10:41am On Jan 16, 2008
There have been a lot of posts on things we love about men and other such posts. I think things we like will make us marry them, but this is just the opposite.

There are a few other things I don't like, but these ones above are things I can't stand! I won't marry him, trust me, no matter what other likes of mine he posesses.

Tell me though, why won't you marry her?

Besides, when I said Bill Gates, I was talking money!
Re: Why Won't You Marry Him/her by sylvao2000(m): 10:43am On Jan 16, 2008
Dumb points,  this proved you are yet 2 get something out of life grow up girl long way to go, people like you end up getting marry to 77years old man ,  and what did you come out from in school?
Re: Why Won't You Marry Him/her by efuah(f): 10:46am On Jan 16, 2008
adeboo:

But never say never
i like that. . . never say never! kiss
Re: Why Won't You Marry Him/her by zheroes(m): 10:49am On Jan 16, 2008
candies:

There have been a lot of posts on things we love about men and other such posts. I think things we like will make us marry them, but this is just the opposite.

There are a few other things I don't like, but these ones above are things I can't stand! I won't marry him, trust me, no matter what other likes of mine he posesses.

Besides, when I said Bill Gates, I was talking money!

i understand you better now, but do you know what candies, life has got its natural limitations, i wont advise anyone to add artificial barriers, do you get.

if you tell me muslim, i will hear you out cos its on religious ground. what if the guy was younger actually but his attitude and reasonaing is very matured and manly? you will most likely consent.

what if he never told you he made a 3rd class and he is so comfortable that he can sponsor your siblings overseas for their undergraduate programmes? you will most likely consent.

i get you point, but i guess some excuses can be made up for.
Re: Why Won't You Marry Him/her by Bblak(f): 10:53am On Jan 16, 2008
jkpretty:

If he's not my dream man

Well said.
Re: Why Won't You Marry Him/her by zheroes(m): 10:56am On Jan 16, 2008
candies:

if i dont feel attracted to you, if we dont blend or if the problem i can see has no remedy, otherwise am all with you
Re: Why Won't You Marry Him/her by candies(f): 10:57am On Jan 16, 2008
Yes, Bblak,
That is the point. What makes a man NOT your dream man?

@ zheroes,
I feel you, but I just won't change my mind about these things.
I hear some big guys out there made 3rd class in school, if he made a 3rd class and gets a second degree like Wole Soyinka did and he excels, then, the 3rd class is no longer his only degree. I could make excuses for him.
But if that is all he has to offer, sorry, i just won't marry him, rich or poor.
Re: Why Won't You Marry Him/her by zheroes(m): 11:00am On Jan 16, 2008
candies:

@ zheroes,
I feel you, but I just won't change my mind about these things.
I hear some big guys out there made 3rd class in school, if he made a 3rd class and gets a second degree like Wole Soyinka did and he excels, then, the 3rd class is no longer his only degree. I could make excuses for him.
But if that is all he has to offer, sorry, i just won't marry him, rich or poor.

if you see me , you will change your mind grin grin
Re: Why Won't You Marry Him/her by adeboo(f): 11:02am On Jan 16, 2008
efuah:

i like that. . . never say never!

Its true Efuah - i have learnt not to say too many 'nevers' cause when you do end up with the 'never' guy, then u feel stupid.
Re: Why Won't You Marry Him/her by zheroes(m): 11:05am On Jan 16, 2008
jkpretty:

If he's not my dream man

i appreciate the topic, the different posts, but something about life is less than 5% of married couples married their dream mates. A research was carried out. do i say the result is the high divorce rates, well i dont know.

what have i got to say : YOU CANT HAVE IT ALL, at a stage you have to blend,  rather than do the blending.
Re: Why Won't You Marry Him/her by candies(f): 11:10am On Jan 16, 2008
zheroes:

i appreciate the topic, the different posts, but something about life is less than 5% of married couples married their dream mates. A research was carried out. do i say the result is the high divorce rates, well i don't know.

what have i got to say : YOU CANT HAVE IT ALL, at a stage you have to blend, rather than do the blending.

Thanks Zeroes, I'll put that at the back of my mind. But trust me, there are things I still won't live with!
Re: Why Won't You Marry Him/her by efuah(f): 11:21am On Jan 16, 2008
adeboo:

Its true Efuah - i have learnt not to say too many 'nevers' cause when you do end up with the 'never' guy, then u feel stupid.
You're right dear, my roommate used to say; We always need to respect the decisions people make out of some situations, dnt critisize too much or pass judgement too early. . .wait until u find urself in that same situation n see if u won't make the same mistake or take the same measures. . . even worse than the person did! Never say never! kiss
Re: Why Won't You Marry Him/her by adeboo(f): 11:22am On Jan 16, 2008
efuah:

You're right dear, my roommate used to say; We always need to respect the decisions people make out of some situations, dnt critisize too much or pass judgement too early. . .wait until u find yourself in that same situation n see if u won't make the same mistake or take the same measures. . . even worse than the person did! Never say never! kiss

Amen to that ma sista - testify!
Re: Why Won't You Marry Him/her by candies(f): 1:20pm On Jan 16, 2008
efuah:

You're right dear, my roommate used to say; We always need to respect the decisions people make out of some situations, dnt critisize too much or pass judgement too early. . .wait until u find yourself in that same situation n see if u won't make the same mistake or take the same measures. . . even worse than the person did! Never say never! kiss

This is a nice one. I buy the idea lipsrsealed
Re: Why Won't You Marry Him/her by jkpretty(f): 1:38pm On Jan 16, 2008
zheroes:

i appreciate the topic, the different posts, but something about life is less than 5% of married couples married their dream mates. A research was carried out. do i say the result is the high divorce rates, well i don't know.

what have i got to say : YOU CANT HAVE IT ALL, at a stage you have to blend, rather than do the blending.

Saying i won't marry, someone that is not my dream man does not mean i'm creating some image from fantasy island. My dream man is realizable. I did not ask God for too much. (Dint he even say ask & u shall be given) That many people did not marry the men of their dreams does not make them me or me them. Ama make this dream realizable becos its not far fetched. Its not gonna remain as surreal, it'll come out life & well achieved wink
Re: Why Won't You Marry Him/her by ufobabe(f): 2:28pm On Jan 16, 2008
i can't marry a guy who doesn't share common interest and life goal with me.
Re: Why Won't You Marry Him/her by bebe2007(m): 3:44pm On Jan 16, 2008
I would not want to marry a man with bad diction, a man who is not refined, already set in his myopic ways of life and most especially a man with very protuding abdomen, a man without a University degree. But as was said earlier, NEVER SAY NEVER HE MIGHT JUST BE THE GOD CHOSEN ONE FOR ME. Who am i to argue?[b][/b]
Re: Why Won't You Marry Him/her by zheroes(m): 4:25pm On Jan 16, 2008
jkpretty:

Saying i won't marry, someone that is not my dream man does not mean i'm creating some image from fantasy island. My dream man is realizable. I did not ask God for too much. (Dint he even say ask & u shall be given) That many people did not marry the men of their dreams does not make them me or me them. Ama make this dream realizable because its not far fetched. Its not going to remain as surreal, it'll come out life & well achieved wink

AMEN
Re: Why Won't You Marry Him/her by jkpretty(f): 4:43pm On Jan 16, 2008
zheroes:

AMEN

U can make it louder than that grin
Re: Why Won't You Marry Him/her by babycool(f): 4:49pm On Jan 16, 2008
@ candies

I had to view your profile before i could think of a reply for you,  guess you are still very young, whilst your opinon, i pray that you will not end up like some people, who at 40 are still married to Jesus becos no guy could tick thier 'Mr right' boxes. sad
Re: Why Won't You Marry Him/her by Bblak(f): 5:14pm On Jan 16, 2008
author=candies link=topic=106071.msg1856735#msg1856735 date=1200477461]
Yes, Bblak,
That is the point. What makes a man NOT your dream man?

Compatibility in all ramifications.Can't stand dreamless and boring men
Re: Why Won't You Marry Him/her by jintujinta(m): 5:32pm On Jan 16, 2008
If he's intelligent, what does it matter if he has 4th class. Wole shoyinka had 3rd class and we all know who he is today.

What has age got to do with who you marry? Age is just a number.

Yeah, religion holds water, but i will overlook it, if i really love the babe.

I will rather marry for attitude, character, brilliancy, good manners, etc , rather than all those outward qualities. If you are saucy, dumb or wayward, i sure will not touch you with a stick. Simple.
Re: Why Won't You Marry Him/her by Busta(f): 5:53pm On Jan 16, 2008
@topic,
That is all bull. . u talk but never say never, by the time u found someone and get hooked unto them. . .all that won't even come into place and won't apply anymore.

trust me.
Re: Why Won't You Marry Him/her by efuah(f): 8:59am On Jan 17, 2008
Busta, . . . she doesn't know.
Re: Why Won't You Marry Him/her by chistiana(f): 9:25am On Jan 17, 2008
sad sad sad sad sad sad sad

@ poster good topic
Re: Why Won't You Marry Him/her by yimiton(f): 10:08am On Jan 17, 2008
There are lots of reasons I won't want to marry someone but as a lot of other people have said, somethings can actually be over looked.

One person I know i won't marry though is a woman beater. I call that madness.

I won't also want to marry a man that is a member of a sect like Hare Krisna, Gray message, Guru Marahaji and other such sects. They just send a creapy feeling in my spine.

Otherwise, if a man is intelligen, caring, God fearing and responsible, why won't I marry him?

(1) (2) (Reply)

22 Yrs Old Girl Commits Succide Because Parents Blocked Her Relationship / Is It Possible? / If Your Partner Slaps You In Public

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.