Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,705 members, 7,827,576 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

Flooding In Kogi To Last Till November - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Flooding In Kogi To Last Till November (10862 Views)

Breaking News CCT Postponed Saraki's Hearing Till November 5th and 6th !!! / Heavy Rain Causes Flooding In Kano City (photos) / Kogi To Build A $3B Refinery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flooding In Kogi To Last Till November by Nobody: 9:38pm On Sep 28, 2012
Jesus Jesus . .Time to run to Lagos.
Re: Flooding In Kogi To Last Till November by Elueme: 10:57pm On Sep 28, 2012
acidosis™:
Jesus Jesus . .Time to run to Lagos.
Where are you running to? Time to defend your state and your people , you want to run to Lagos.. So Na here the whole talk end? grin grin
Re: Flooding In Kogi To Last Till November by sheringan(f): 11:20pm On Sep 28, 2012
garripack: [size=20pt]BLAH BLA blah WAT THE HELL IS THIS GUY TALKING U CANT EVEN BUILD DEM A GOOD ACCOMMODATION YET YOU RE USING THEIR SWEAT TO ENRICH UR SELF[/size]

[size=70pt]RUBBISH [/size]

For GOD sake must u comment. If u don't have anytin better 2 say just shut it. Fowl
Re: Flooding In Kogi To Last Till November by EmmyDe25(m): 7:41am On Sep 29, 2012
garripack: [size=20pt]BLAH BLA blah WAT THE HELL IS THIS GUY TALKING U CANT EVEN BUILD DEM A GOOD ACCOMMODATION YET YOU RE USING THEIR SWEAT TO ENRICH UR SELF[/size]

[size=70pt]RUBBISH [/size]
Tot i was d only one tinkin frm dat angle.
Re: Flooding In Kogi To Last Till November by SOLLYBOY1: 4:13pm On Sep 29, 2012
Erelu_Y:

Those who have the gut to break Gov Laws, shd have the heart to enjoy the reactions from nature. The pics am looking at here shows people who encroach on river path......RIVER NIGER PATH.............to much for lawlessness..................

I am not reacting to what this guy has said and I sincerely apologise for this. But, ladies and gentlemen, behold the above picture which demonstrates how Fellow Nigerians think they can INVADE and ENCROACH upon the Niger River path and get away with it. River Niger is the third-longest river in Africa, exceeded only by the Nile and the Congo River (also known as the Zaïre River), it is definitely the principal river of western Africa, running through Guinea, Mali, Niger, on the border with Benin and then through Nigeria before depositing itself into the Antlantic. Now, why any right thinking person think they can invade and encroch upon its path is beyong me. Listen guys, you can break government's town planning laws, bribe your ways to get what you want in life but no one can cheat NATURE! River Niger has simply reclaimed what for eternity is it's -- the river path!

Re: Flooding In Kogi To Last Till November by montili(f): 8:49pm On Sep 29, 2012
mukina2:

http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/news/284-breaking-news/45139-flooding-to-last-till-november-in-kogi

The Governor is aware more water will be released from dams and they should evacuate their homes? TO WHERE? some times our Government makes me want to puke all the time, do i make any sense?

Ignorance is a disease and i cry for the flood victims nation wide because our leaders careless about our welfare let alone our survival, they only act positively when they or people close to them are affected in one way or the other. What happened to taking precautions about a disaster you aware of before it occurs or plan towards precautionary measures after it occurs , no being is perfect but it doesn't make us helpless. I remember a movie about human survival titled 2012 and my favourite quote was "The moment we stop fighting for each other that's the moment will lose our humanity"
Re: Flooding In Kogi To Last Till November by topboyz(m): 3:14am On Sep 30, 2012
EmmyDe25:
Tot i was d only one tinkin frm dat angle.
Watz dis guy saying? My house was affected by d flood and its not even a mile near river Nigeria. Dnt u knw wat we r saying here? If only u were here u wnt jst open ur mouth anyhow...mtcheeew. Only does here knws d extent of d flood. Storey buildings submerged in the flood. The funny thing is, they r nt even close to d river.
Re: Flooding In Kogi To Last Till November by Druhill(m): 5:37am On Sep 30, 2012
I pray God will intervene nd it will not lead to lose of life.
Re: Flooding In Kogi To Last Till November by Druhill(m): 5:41am On Sep 30, 2012
montili:

The Governor is aware more water will be released from dams and they should evacuate their homes? TO WHERE? some times our Government makes me want to puke all the time, do i make any sense?

Ignorance is a disease and i cry for the flood victims nation wide because our leaders careless about our welfare let alone our survival, they only act positively when they or people close to them are affected in one way or the other. What happened to taking precautions about a disaster you aware of before it occurs or plan towards precautionary measures after it occurs , no being is perfect but it doesn't make us helpless. I remember a movie about human survival titled 2012 and my favourite quote was "The moment we stop fighting for each other that's the moment will lose our humanity"

you r absolutely right my broda,our leaders r all doom ass.
Re: Flooding In Kogi To Last Till November by saheedat(f): 7:52am On Sep 30, 2012
@ Erelu Y, if our dams are well maintain and over flow did not happen, will their be need to be releasing water into d river at intervals and will this disaster happen?
Re: Flooding In Kogi To Last Till November by EreluY(f): 4:36pm On Sep 30, 2012
saheedat: @ Erelu Y, if our dams are well maintain and over flow did not happen, will their be need to be releasing water into d river at intervals and will this disaster happen?

From the picture can you tell me what is left of the natural pathway or in deed the bed of the Niger River? This disaster will happen for as long as people decide to senselessly erect structures on the very path if not the very bed of the river! Why would any sensible person invade and encroach the path of one of the largest rivers in Africa. It's simply lawlessness.

1 Like

Re: Flooding In Kogi To Last Till November by SOLLYBOY1: 6:51pm On Sep 30, 2012
topboyz: Watz dis guy saying? My house was affected by d flood and its not even a mile near river Nigeria. Dnt u knw wat we r saying here? If only u were here u wnt jst open ur mouth anyhow...mtcheeew. Only does here knws d extent of d flood. Storey buildings submerged in the flood. The funny thing is, they r nt even close to d river.

Honestly i personally feel bad for the flood and the loss, however, looking at the houses in the picture above and your argument, it seems one is not really getting the issue right. CAN U PLEASE HELP US WITH A PICTORIAL VIEW OF THE EVENT AND THE PATH OF RIVER NIGER........We will really appreciate this since you are an eye witness...........am expectant

(1) (2) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari Attends North-East Developmment Commission Bill Hearing / Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To IPOB Women In Detention In Owerri / 50% Of Passenger Vehicles Will Be Electric By 2040

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.